Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13
Re: Vienna Austria 15-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Date: July 15, 2022 22:09

waterrats
Hmmm, do they still dare to block the web access these days during shows in the stadium? Is it possible/allowed in the first place??

i had perfect wifi in amsterdam and brussels. But i'm no streamer. In Brussels it seemed i was the only one with a connection.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:09

waterrats
Hmmm, do they still dare to block the web access these days during shows in the stadium? Is it possible/allowed in the first place??

If that were the case they're not very consistent in their blocking efforts. We've had some excellent connections at some of the shows.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: July 15, 2022 22:11

2 Clips from instagram [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:11

waterrats
Was it ever proven that a blocking of the internet happened? Normally it's just that the mobile network at some places isn't good enough to handle as many phones sending data at the same time.

Posted by: alreadyoverme ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:12

Date: July 15, 2022 22:13

Mick saying hi to the photographer and some fans in Vienna [www.instagram.com]

So if we reached LARS;

SFM
LSTNT
TD
LARS

Posted by: alreadyoverme ()

SFM and LSTNT clips from insta

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-15 22:15 by alreadyoverme.

Posted by: Green Lady ()

That bloody cover band is back on Facebook.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:14

waterrats

Hmmm, do they still dare to block the web access these days during shows in the stadium?

I don't think so, considering the high ticket prices. I think it's the other way around - streaming & posting pictures live are additional reasons to demand higher prices ....

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:14

StonedRambler
waterrats
Was it ever proven that a blocking of the internet happened? Normally it's just that the mobile network at some places isn't good enough to handle as many phones sending data at the same time.

Not even The Rolling Stones have that kind of pull, that they can force a carrier to shut down the cell towers. The reason you get a lousy signal at a stadium show is bandwidth, and it being shared by 50,000 or so people. Even if they aren't actively using their phones, they still connect, and bandwidth per person drops.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:16

hockenheim95
Irix
hockenheim95
Hairball

Exciting - 9th show of the mini-tour is sure to be a great one!
Have a great time everyone!thumbs up

mini-tour?

I've asked the same .... [iorr.org] .

I know and you didn't get a proper answer. That's why I'm asking again :-)

Well, in 1982 they played about 12 shows in Germany. Compared to this their current tours are small.
Of course they slow down. They are almost 80.

Date: July 15, 2022 22:17

Out of time
Wild horses

Date: July 15, 2022 22:18

roller99
StonedRambler
waterrats

Not even The Rolling Stones have that kind of pull, that they can force a carrier to shut down the cell towers. The reason you get a lousy signal at a stadium show is bandwidth, and it being shared by 50,000 or so people. Even if they aren't actively using their phones, they still connect, and bandwidth per person drops.
There are devices that actually can block radio waves in a certain ratio. But I think those are illegal in Europe.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:19

micha063
hockenheim95
Irix
hockenheim95
Hairball

mini-tour?

Well, in 1982 they played about 12 shows in Germany. Compared to this their current tours are small.

it was 10 shows in Germany in 1982 (and 9 in 1995)

Date: July 15, 2022 22:19

micha063

Well, in 1982 they played about 12 shows in Germany.

That's now 40 years ago .... and: "They are almost 80."

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:21

StonedRambler
roller99
StonedRambler
waterrats

There are devices that actually can block radio waves in a certain ratio. But I think those are illegal in Europe.

Yes, that's true, there are devices that block cell signals. They use them in movie theaters in Japan to keep people from using their phones. They absorb radio signals. That technology wouldn't work in a space as large as an outdoor stadium. And, you can't just turn them on/off at will. They are like giant wall panels.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:23

StonedRambler
roller99
StonedRambler
waterrats

True - it has to be legal to work on that scale here.

Again: true - every mobile connects. But how do you then explain the difference between Amsterdam (wonderful) and Brussles?

Date: July 15, 2022 22:23

slewan
micha063
hockenheim95
Irix
hockenheim95
Hairball

mini-tour?

I'm also not sure they would fill 10 stadium shows in one country these days, at least with those prices. If they do 3 shows max, people from the nearby areas of the country will travel to see them.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:24

slewan
micha063
hockenheim95
Irix
hockenheim95
Hairball

mini-tour?

They did 12 Germans shows in 1990.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-15 22:24 by bertrichards.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:24

waterrats
StonedRambler
roller99
StonedRambler
waterrats

Again: true - every mobile connects. But how do you then explain the difference between Amsterdam (wonderful) and Brussles?

Infrastracture at the Stadium! Some have their own cells, some not!

Date: July 15, 2022 22:27

waterrats

But how do you then explain the difference between Amsterdam (wonderful) and Brussles?

Simply bad infrastructure for mobile communication in Brussels then.

Date: July 15, 2022 22:29

waterrats
StonedRambler
roller99
StonedRambler
waterrats

I don't know about Brussels but I come from Germany and our country is known for having a really bad mobile network compared to the rest of Europe. I didn't have any reception at most German concerts at all. Also here it depends on your provider - there are three big providers here which mostly have their own towers. So if the tower right next to the stadium belongs to your provider - then great. But if your provider has a tower further away then you will have weak signal

Date: July 15, 2022 22:30

Ghost town
Paint it black (early!)

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:31

First time PIB is moved in the HTW slot maybe ever?

Date: July 15, 2022 22:32

bengigan

you'll find out the reason later on…

Posted by: waterrats ()

hockenheim95
waterrats
StonedRambler
roller99
StonedRambler
waterrats

Infrastracture at the Stadium! Some have their own cells, some not!

@StonedRambler, @Irix: Woah ... STILL???
I mean, this is 2022 and I know Germany has low web facilities; but Brussels, Vienna? NaaawwwwWW ...

Posted by: Nankstone ()

Oh thats strange with PIB so early in the setlist.
Would they changed something in the later part?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 15, 2022 22:33

bengigan

I am sure they'll play HTW after PIB. Same as in 2017!

Date: July 15, 2022 22:33

bengigan

in Hamburg 2017 they played PIB before HTW

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1196
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home