Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Jack Nitzsche with Willy Deville
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: July 12, 2022 21:23

Stones associate/producer Jack Nitzsche and Willy Deville in a very informal setting- interesting little clip of 2 notoriously dissolute gents and even though I'm not exactly a fan, well done Willy..

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Jack Nitzsche with Willy Deville
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 12, 2022 22:37

roryfaninva
Stones associate/producer Jack Nitzsche and Willy Deville in a very informal setting- interesting little clip of 2 notoriously dissolute gents and even though I'm not exactly a fan, well done Willy..

thumbs up love it..............

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 13, 2022 12:32

Thank you for this!

Two genuine geniuses.

Unfortunately got to see Willie only one. He blew me away. Inspiring talent, what a loss!

C

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 13, 2022 13:03

Big Fan!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 13, 2022 18:38

Nice clip. Y'all think Jack is...high? Willie Deville was so good. A number of live shows by him are on Dime. He also performed under the name Mink Deville. Here's my fave song by him:

[www.youtube.com]

The song he sings to Jack, Carmelita, was written by Warren Zevon. A fave version of it for me is this one by Dwight Yoakam on Flaco Jimenez's first solo album. Flaco was also a member of the Texas Tornados along with Doug Sahm, Augie Meyers and Freddy Fender. Flaco's accordion work can be found on a number of albums.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 22, 2022 11:11

Pleased to see the Seinfeld Puffy Shirt making a comeback

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: July 22, 2022 17:32

dmay
Nice clip. Y'all think Jack is...high? Willie Deville was so good. A number of live shows by him are on Dime. He also performed under the name Mink Deville. Here's my fave song by him:

[www.youtube.com]

The song he sings to Jack, Carmelita, was written by Warren Zevon. A fave version of it for me is this one by Dwight Yoakam on Flaco Jimenez's first solo album. Flaco was also a member of the Texas Tornados along with Doug Sahm, Augie Meyers and Freddy Fender. Flaco's accordion work can be found on a number of albums.

Willy Deville is one of my favorite

[www.youtube.com]

Willy's one of my fav's. Love his version of Carmelita, especially the one that appeared as a bonustrack on his Live in Berlin CD, It's also got a great version of Dylan's Billy The Kid

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: July 23, 2022 21:40

Spanish Stroll, Mixed Up Shook Up Girl, Cadillac Walk-- willy Deville rocked

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: July 23, 2022 22:11

In character....

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: July 23, 2022 22:51

A Willy DeVille documentary, "Heaven Stood Still," is supposed to come out soon.

I'm a big Willy DeVille fan. Jack Nitzsche said DeVille was the best R&B singer he ever worked with, and he worked with Jagger.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: July 24, 2022 03:52

About 13-14 years ago my mother who grew up in Stamford Connecticut asked me if I had ever heard of Willy DeVille. She told me she had been looking up people she knew as a child on the internet and found her childhood friend and that he was no longer alive. It appeared to her he had become a successful musician. Her first boyfriend was best friends with Willy and the three of them were a tight group.

Willy sure was a great musician.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home