Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Your Television News And Newspapers On The Stones 60th Anniversary
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 13, 2022 17:50

Maybe The Stones 70th anniversary will get more television news coverage, been pretty quiet for their 60th

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Mick and Ronnie are in conversation with Matt Wilkinson tomorrow as part of the Stones 60th Anniversary celebrations
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 12, 2022 21:42

Mick and Ronnie are in conversation with Matt Wilkinson tomorrow as part of the Stones 60th Anniversary celebrations! Catch it on Apple Music Hits - July 13 at 9am BST // 1am PT: [apple.co]

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Mick and Ronnie are in conversation with Matt Wilkinson tomorrow as part of the Stones 60th Anniversary celebrations
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 12, 2022 23:13

sounds good hope someone will share

Re: Mick and Ronnie are in conversation with Matt Wilkinson tomorrow as part of the Stones 60th Anniversary celebrations
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 13, 2022 01:39

It will be a feel good piece. No mention of a new studio album

Re: July 12, 2022 - Sixty Years of the Rolling Stones
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 13, 2022 21:19

"Technology breakthrough" could help Rolling Stones secure legacy, says Mick Jagger

Laura Klepeisz
July 13, 2022

"Who knows what technology lies in store down the road?" the rock star queried in a recent interview, referencing the ABBA Voyage concert in London.

Mick Jagger has said that digital technology used by ABBA's virtual Voyage concert offers bands like The Rolling Stones a “technology breakthrough” to secure their legacies.

Speaking to Matt Wilkinson on Apple Music Hits, the superstar discussed how one could ensure that The Stones' legacy will live on, saying that he could not give "a one-line answer, because I haven't really honestly thought about it.

"The ABBA thing gives you this kind of technology breakthrough, which, I haven't actually seen it yet," he continued. "I was supposed to go and see it, but there was a train strike. So, I didn't get to go. I wasn't going on the train, but ... the traffic was horrible, so I can't really answer that.

"Obviously technology is going to give you some of the answers to this, and who knows what technology lies in store down the road? We're already in an AI world of doing this stuff, and you can do a lot of musical stuff with not very complicated computerisation, as well."

The ABBA Voyage concert, named after the band's 2021 album Voyage, has immortalised one of the biggest pop acts of all time in holographic form. It takes place in a 3000-capacity arena that was "purpose-built around ABBA’s timeless music" at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in east London and uses cutting-edge technology, which brings Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad alive as digital avatars. What results is a ‘ground-breaking’ (Metro) 90-minute concert that ‘needs to be seen to be believed’ (BBC).

[www.hotpress.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 13, 2022 21:34

Looking forward to the Rolling Stones 100th anniversary show done virtually ABBA style.
2062...I'll be 99 yrs. old...let the countdown begin.thumbs up

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 23:07

Hairball
Looking forward to the Rolling Stones 100th anniversary show done virtually ABBA style.

Not bad, Hairball winking smiley

I'll be 114, probably also virtual, unless I want to give it a go for the Guinness Book of Records grinning smiley which should make me 123 I think. Imagine, a Dutchman beating a Japanese grinning smiley

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: July 13, 2022 23:35

There would have been larger coverage I think if everything was launched at the same time: new tour and some new songs with that. Forty Licks was an impressive album with 4 new tunes. 50 years with one new song. Need to have something to sell. ”Stones are celebrating 60 years with a new song and tour” is much more interesting than ”just” another tour (not for me , but for the press)

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 23:53

Hairball

I’ll be on the front row next to you as a mere youngster of 95 grinning smiley

I always thought the ABBA avatar thing set quite a precedent and someone’s bound to follow suit sooner or later. The Beatles could make a mint out of it. And what about other still going bands, such as the Stones who only have a couple of their original lineup left (albeit the 2 songwriters in their case). What era of the band do they choose? Their mid 60s heyday with the full original lineup when they were churning out big hit after big hit? The Taylor era? The modern commercial era with Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie and their 9/10 piece backing band? Royalties could be s bone of contention so the last of these options is the most likely.

The Who could bring back John and Keith and Queen could bring back Freddie and
John Deacon (provided he gave permission - he’s still alive and well but wants nothing to do with the current iteration of Queen ).

So bands could “bring back” dead former members and show themselves at the peak of their youth and powers (as ABBA have done) and not in their dotage with a younger backing band. Lots to ponder and it will be interesting to see how this whole thing develops if it takes off. Bands digitally preserved forever for future generations. Minimal ‘touring’ costs too and they can be in as many places as they like simultaneously.

Date: July 14, 2022 02:40

Hey guys i made an edit to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the guys. Hope you like the video

[www.instagram.com]

[we.tl]

Enjoy! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-14 02:42 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 14, 2022 05:56

Bashlets
It will be a feel good piece. No mention of a new studio album

Well, there was, sort of.

At the end of the interview on Apple Music on The Stones 60th anniversary with both Mick and Ronnie ( [Apple.co] ) paraphrasing Ronnie “we don’t need a new album, I love playing all the old stuff”.

Seems they’re putting the cue in the rack then.

Rod

Rod

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2022 07:00

colonial
Maybe The Stones 70th anniversary will get more television news coverage, been pretty quiet for their 60th

What's TV coverage anymore? NBC?

The Stones never went away. That's part of the deal.

Oh. Their age.

Not a new thing.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 14, 2022 07:03

DiegoGlimmerStones
Hey guys i made an edit to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the guys. Hope you like the video

[www.instagram.com]

[we.tl]

Enjoy! smileys with beer
Well done Diego!! Thanx a lot! smileys with beer

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 14, 2022 09:00

I think they've been referred to as the Strolling Bones, coming on stage in wheelchairs since at least the Steel Wheels Tour. Mick turned all of 46 on that tour!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 14, 2022 11:55

colonial

Any television news and newspapers on The Stones 60th anniversary can be posted here

TV-Broadcasts:

Germany - "60 Jahre und immer noch Weltstars: Die Rolling Stones feiern Jubiläum" - [www.ARDmediathek.de] - (until 19-Jul-2022).

Austria - "Panorama: Die Rolling Stones und wir" (Clips 1965-82) - [TVthek.ORF.at] , [iorr.org] - (until 17-Jul-2022).

Switzerland - "Gesichter & Geschichten: 60 Jahre Rolling Stones und sie rollen noch immer" - [www.SRF.ch] - (Pos. 1:24-4:07).

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 15, 2022 11:41

It would have beeIn nice if the band had played the exact set list on 07/22/2022 as they did on 07/22/1962.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: July 15, 2022 13:14

ProfessorWolf
sounds good hope someone will share

Did someone share it? Any subscribers here?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home