Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: UEFA Women's Euro 2022
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 16, 2022 16:12

About Norway's Swedish coach: Sure, kick him out. I don't mind, you should have done that a long time ago. But that doesn't make the players on the field or the Norwegian Football Association less responsible.
It wasn't just one man who failed, it was the whole organization.

Interesting game tonight: Spain-Denmark. Spain only needs a draw in that game to face England in the quarterfinal. I think they will make it. Spain is quite a good team.

Date: July 17, 2022 14:45

Congrats to Spain - the fifth team to make it to the quarterfinals.

A short note: If Sweden loses to Portugal tonight there will be no Scandinavian team in the quarterfinals. Which is a bit of a rarity I think. Seems like Scandinavia
has lost a bit of ground to the rest of Europa when it comes to women's football. We used to be in the forefront.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 17, 2022 14:59

The final will be England v Germany. The two best teams by far.

Date: July 17, 2022 23:06

7 out of 8 teams ready for the quarterfinals: England will meet Spain, Germany - Austria, Holland-France and Sweden's opponent will be decided tomorrow: Either Iceland, Belgium or Italy.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 17, 2022 23:29

So how many countries are in this Euro tournament? How many get to qualify for next years World cup? The CONCACAF tournament only has 8 countries in 2 groups of 4 and the top 2 in each group qualify and the third place country in each group will then get to play in a 10 country tournament with 3 of those getting into the World Cup. The big factor is the winner of the Canada/US finals tomorrow qualifies for the Olympics in 2024.

Date: July 17, 2022 23:45

The EC and WC are separate entities. The EC is not used for qualification to the WC. Quotas for each championship are different for men and women.
Google it and you will find out more. This thread is for the UEFA Women's Euro 2022.

Date: July 19, 2022 00:29

Here are the quarterfinals:

July 20: England - Spain
July 22: Sweden - Belgium

July 21: Germany - Austria
July 23: France - Holland

My semifinals tip:

(England-Sweden and Germany-France)

My final tip:

(England - Germany)

Two covid cases in Sweden's team. Not a good sign. I don't know about the other teams.

Date: July 19, 2022 02:32

Stoneage
The EC and WC are separate entities. The EC is not used for qualification to the WC. Quotas for each championship are different for men and women.
Google it and you will find out more. This thread is for the UEFA Women's Euro 2022.

Hey Stoneage, thanks for the clarification! Being new to following the women's soccer, I thought the UEFA was the same as the CONCACAF with the winners getting into the World Cup and Olympics!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 20, 2022 00:39

Yes! I agree it will be an England v Germany Final at Wembley Stadium on Sunday July 31st.

Come on England. smileys with beer

Date: July 21, 2022 01:59

I watched the England v Spain game while channel hopping, but it was a very close game and a good game.

England won after extra time 2 - 1 and are in a semi-final, but I'm not so confident about England winning it.

Hoping they will win, and get to the Final, but I now appreciate how good these other teams are.

Come on England, you can do it. smileys with beer

Date: July 21, 2022 17:49

Congrats to England. Spain the better team for most of the game but it all turned when England managed to equalize with only five minutes left of regular time.
2-1 to England on extra time. The game today: Germany versus Austria. Germany will be heavy favorites.

Date: July 22, 2022 00:37

Germany 2 Austria 0 was the final score tonight and Germany were the better side and deserved to win.

Date: July 23, 2022 12:52

So, England-Sweden in the first semifinal. Sweden managed 1-0 against Belgium yesterday in a very poor game. Some players sometimes relapse in mistakes women's football was accused for decades ago like poor ball control, passing and shooting. Usually commentators and experts never mentions this because it is not seen as pc to criticize women's football. But SVT has one expert, Daniel Nannskog, who calls them out.
That takes some guts because you can see the other ones squirm a bit when he does that.

Tonight the game France against Holland will decide Germany's opponent in the next semifinal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 13:08 by Stoneage.

Date: July 24, 2022 13:26

So, we have a result:

- England - Sweden on tuesday

- Germany - France on wednesday

I think the games will be tight but with England and Germany as favorites. My guess:

( England - Sweden 1-1, and 2-1 England on extra time. Germany - France 2-1 )

...But of course I will root for my team - Sweden. Go, take your chance now!

Date: July 27, 2022 17:56

What a great win for England against Sweden.

A really great performance at 4-0,especially the back heel third goal.

Come on England,on Sunday July 31st at Wembley Stadium.smileys with beer

Date: July 28, 2022 01:41

Yep, England and Germany deservedly in the final. Germany already has 8 EC gold medals (out of 12 possible), England 0 (2 silver medals though).
Germany has the merits, England the audience. Both skillful teams though. Good luck to both of them.

Date: July 29, 2022 17:07

Looking forward to England v Germany final on Sunday at Wembley Stadium 5pm.

Hopefully going to a gig at The Cavern Pub, SW London that same Sunday Afternoon, and will watch the highlights when I get home about 9pm and hopefully will not know the score. smiling smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 29, 2022 19:01

DGA35
Stoneage

Hey Stoneage, thanks for the clarification! Being new to following the women's soccer, I thought the UEFA was the same as the CONCACAF with the winners getting into the World Cup and Olympics!

Isn’t Copa América the American continent’s equivalent of UEFA’s European Cup? I know the former originally featured South American nations only, but now Canada and the U.S.A. compete, too.

Date: July 30, 2022 19:25

Big Al
DGA35
Stoneage

Isn’t Copa América the American continent’s equivalent of UEFA’s European Cup? I know the former originally featured South American nations only, but now Canada and the U.S.A. compete, too.

I'm not too sure, still new to all the different leagues, etc. Even loaning players to other teams seems a bit strange to me.
Should be a good finals, England has been scoring lots of goals this tournament so I'll pick them to win it!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 31, 2022 08:10

crawdaddy

Of course, the Swedish manager told his team to take a dive as he had tickets to see the Stones in Stockholm on Sunday and he didn't want to be caught up in London watching a football match...........cool smiley ( the bit about the Stones tickets is true - according to a BBC commentator at least.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-31 11:27 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: July 31, 2022 17:41

EddieByword
crawdaddy

Of course, the Swedish manager told his team to take a dive as he had tickets to see the Stones in Stockholm on Sunday and he didn't want to be caught up in London watching a football match...........cool smiley ( the bit about the Stones tickets is true - according to a BBC commentator at least.........

Yes I caught that comment about the stones tickets.

Come on England, let’s hope it’s a good game.

Date: July 31, 2022 21:46

Congrats to England for their first international trophy. Well deserved. 2-1 after extra time.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 31, 2022 21:50

Date: July 31, 2022 22:45

Close & exciting match.

Well done England, brought tears to my eyes.

Date: July 31, 2022 23:36

Congrats to England and to Chloe Kelly for her winning goal and Brandi Chastain moment! Brandi tweeted that Chloe will get free pints and dinners the rest of her life in England! Should be a huge celebration when Man City has their first home game!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 01:06

Even as a Scotsman, I have to congratulate England on a well deserved win. And the Women's game in general for raising standards so much in such a short time to deliver an excellent tournament by all accounts. That winning goal celebration was only ever going to earn the Kelly lass a booking and she would have known that fine well the second she peeled her top off but she obviously decided it was worth it grinning smiley

Date: August 1, 2022 01:26

grzegorz67
Even as a Scotsman, I have to congratulate England on a well deserved win. And the Women's game in general for raising standards so much in such a short time to deliver an excellent tournament by all accounts. That winning goal celebration was only ever going to earn the Kelly lass a booking and she would have known that fine well the second she peeled her top off but she obviously decided it was worth it grinning smiley
thumbs up

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 1, 2022 02:05

Well done England, fantastic result, first since 1966, so great to see women's football get the recognition it deserves, well done girls smileys with beer

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 1, 2022 02:59

Congrats England great game

Date: August 1, 2022 16:12

I was at a music gig Sunday afternoon at The Cavern Pub in SW London and when the music was over, the TV screens came on and the game was in Extra Time.

Just about everyone, including the band, stayed in the pub watching it and when England scored the winning goal, everyone was cheering them on.

A truly great win by the England girls and just finished watching their celebrations in front of the fans in Trafalgar Square, early Monday afternoon. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 17:03 by crawdaddy.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home