Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: Brussels Belgium 11-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 14, 2022 04:44

Stonesfan2146
DandelionPowderman

Isn't that what he's doing?

Yeah he has been mixing it up quite well lately. Connection last year was a nice surprise.

Now he plays

You got the silver
Slipping away
Happy
Connection

In rotation.

I would love to hear thru and thru or I wanna hold you again. Or the beautiful nearness of you. Learning the game in Austin 2006 was also awesome!!

well he sure does like to play along to chuck berry backstage

maybe he should bring that to the stage with him

who else would love to see him do house of blue lights in his set?

Re: Brussels Belgium 11-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2022 07:24

keefriffhards
Start Me Up, just so cool from Keith at the start, and so loud, and does Ronnie read iorr because this solo is a blast, he's playing it with creativity and passion bless his heart.
[youtu.be]

Ronnie's solo is far, very far, from what he's done in the past - when it was good, great or even excellent.

Posted by: lox ()
Date: July 14, 2022 11:29

my second concert of the tour; great energy and much "rockier" than HP 2. Glad to hear a mixed up setlist, surprised how much I enjoyed "Ghost Town"... Other high lights: SFM, Bitch, Beas of Burden, MR etc. These old men... Unbelievable! A fantastic show...

Some pictures:

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 14, 2022 11:46

GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Start Me Up, just so cool from Keith at the start, and so loud, and does Ronnie read iorr because this solo is a blast, he's playing it with creativity and passion bless his heart.
[youtu.be]

Ronnie's solo is far, very far, from what he's done in the past - when it was good, great or even excellent.

But it's a whole lot better than anything he's done recently, at least he's trying, up until now he's been a joke with his solos, playing us for fools.
Some poster the other day said Ronnie's creating art with his weird solos, but this doesn't belong in the Tate Gallery it belongs in the garbage.

Date: July 14, 2022 17:14

keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
[youtu.be]

But it's a whole lot better than anything he's done recently, at least he's trying, up until now he's been a joke with his solos, playing us for fools.
Some poster the other day said Ronnie's creating art with his weird solos, but this doesn't belong in the Tate Gallery it belongs in the garbage.

Give it a rest, honey. Ronnie's playing some great weird interesting new solos on this and the last US tour, nothing like what a tribute band would play, true, but it's powerful stuff. One person's garbage is another's gold I guess!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 14, 2022 20:20

Certainly not my gold...that´s for sure...

Date: July 14, 2022 20:27

MadMetaphoricalMax
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
[youtu.be]

Give it a rest, honey. Ronnie's playing some great weird interesting new solos on this and the last US tour, nothing like what a tribute band would play, true, but it's powerful stuff. One person's garbage is another's gold I guess!

As i said, a return to form for Ronnie in Brussels, its all good.smileys with beer

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 14, 2022 20:57

GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
[youtu.be]

SMU Ronnie's solo plays it always improvising a lot and always changing its structure, sometimes it does really great things ... when I listen to it I always wonder where it will end. Most likely since he plays this on all tours like other songs, so as not to play it in a "bored" way he likes to improvise.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: July 14, 2022 21:38

Testify
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
[youtu.be]

SMU Ronnie's solo plays it always improvising a lot and always changing its structure, sometimes it does really great things ... when I listen to it I always wonder where it will end. Most likely since he plays this on all tours like other songs, so as not to play it in a "bored" way he likes to improvise.

Sadly, Ronnie's SMU solos are a mess, can't recall the last time it clicked. He can do much better, but has deliberately chosen this approach. Same thing with TD. Used to be a favourite solo of mine, but now it's just noisy chaos.

Posted by: MichaelA ()
Date: July 15, 2022 00:13

Lox, Those are some great photos! Well done!

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: July 15, 2022 00:45

keefriffhards

Are you seriously reciting yourself from an older thread, your statement is not more true this time. Ronnie solos don't belong in the garbage. I find his intense improvised solos very enjoyable, powerful and energetic. Why would he play the same solos from 20 years ago when he can try out something new? Just because you don't understand or like his recent solos doesn't mean it's bad guitar playing.

Date: July 15, 2022 10:23

RaiseTheKnife
keefriffhards

Are you seriously reciting yourself from an older thread, your statement is not more true this time. Ronnie solos don't belong in the garbage. I find his intense improvised solos very enjoyable, powerful and energetic. Why would he play the same solos from 20 years ago when he can try out something new? Just because you don't understand or like his recent solos doesn't mean it's bad guitar playing.

I gave no mention of Tate gallery in a previous post, please don't put words in my mouth.
I also said Brussels was a great improvement from Ronnie, he's really doing a better job all round, hopefully he continues to improve.

You can improve on greatness without being arty and full of crap by the way, we are talking about sound here and whats nice or not nice to the ears, i can pick up a guitar and make horrible sounds while playing Stones tracks, don't make me an artist, makes me a dick.

Date: July 15, 2022 10:47

MichaelA

Thank you!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 16, 2022 14:23

skytrench
Testify
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
[youtu.be]

Sadly, Ronnie's SMU solos are a mess, can't recall the last time it clicked. He can do much better, but has deliberately chosen this approach. Same thing with TD. Used to be a favourite solo of mine, but now it's just noisy chaos.
Are you really claiming this solo is garbage?
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 16, 2022 14:45

Testify
[www.youtube.com]

No, that one is ok, I'll give it a C+. Ronnie's TD & SMU solos for the Vienna show were better than Brussels, but still lacking. Maybe the B-bender has lived out it's welcome on TD.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate lots of Ronnie's playing on this tour. Love his parts on LSTNT - sounds great chugging with Keith, now that IORR is out of the setlist. Tasty slide on Happy, especially the second solo, that always has me awed, a fine B-bender lead on Dead Flowers and much more.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: July 16, 2022 19:59

At Vienna yesterday, there was an additional city specific T-shirt. Not the litho poster one (though it was a variation on the litho's theme), and not the 'Rolling Stones Live' with a flag tongue one. Does anyone know if the same was true for Brussels?

syrel

Date: July 16, 2022 20:29

skytrench
Testify
[www.youtube.com]

No, that one is ok, I'll give it a C+. Ronnie's TD & SMU solos for the Vienna show were better than Brussels, but still lacking. Maybe the B-bender has lived out it's welcome on TD.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate lots of Ronnie's playing on this tour. Love his parts on LSTNT - sounds great chugging with Keith, now that IORR is out of the setlist. Tasty slide on Happy, especially the second solo, that always has me awed, a fine B-bender lead on Dead Flowers and much more.

Why wimp out, stick to your guns skytrench, you'll be a man my son winking smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-16 20:33 by keefriffhards.

Date: July 16, 2022 21:53

keefriffhards
Why wimp out, stick to your guns skytrench, you'll be a man my son winking smiley.

Damn right...the Vienna SMU/TD solos had a semblance of structure and recognizable licks, but I have heard Ronnie do alot better. Testify linked to the 2013 Hyde Park version, which was ok. I often come back to this one from the 1994 MTV Music Awards as a benchmark SMU solo [www.youtube.com]

Date: July 16, 2022 22:00

skytrench
keefriffhards

Damn right...the Vienna SMU/TD solos had a semblance of structure and recognizable licks, but I have heard Ronnie do alot better. Testify linked to the 2013 Hyde Park version, which was ok. I often come back to this one from the 1994 MTV Music Awards as a benchmark SMU solo [www.youtube.com]

Ronnie is past it, but you can't say that on iorr, only criticism of Keith who is blowing me away right now , the dude is back and in a big way, just watch him go the rest of this tour, hes still a force of nature.

How you doing by the way my friend
winking smiley
Hope you are okay.

Date: July 16, 2022 22:20

keefriffhards
Ronnie is past it, but you can't say that on iorr, only criticism of Keith who is blowing me away right now , the dude is back and in a big way, just watch him go the rest of this tour, hes still a force of nature.

winking smiley
Hope you are okay.

Yes, Keith is doing so well this tour, I love it. Ronnie is not past it, he is still doing some lovely stuff with the resurging Keith, I'd say Ronnie is indispensable at/on this stage. Mick, amazing and beyond critisism, is performing so well, better now than what I recall the last decade.

Thanks for asking, I am feeling happy, appreciating life more after the easing of restrictions and piling on another year, all while it lasts.

Date: July 16, 2022 22:54

skytrench
keefriffhards

winking smiley
Hope you are okay.

Yes, Keith is doing so well this tour, I love it. Ronnie is not past it, he is still doing some lovely stuff with the resurging Keith, I'd say Ronnie is indispensable at/on this stage. Mick, amazing and beyond critisism, is performing so well, better now than what I recall the last decade.

Thanks for asking, I am feeling happy, appreciating life more after the easing of restrictions and piling on another year, all while it lasts.

Okay mate i agree to differ on Ronnie but totally agree with all the rest.smileys with beer

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 16, 2022 23:06

lox
MichaelA

Thank you!

I'd love to see your pics but they are not appearing on my end.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 16, 2022 23:33

Plink
lox
MichaelA

Thank you!

I'd love to see your pics but they are not appearing on my end.

Have you tried copying the link and accessing it through another tab? That usually works for me. These pics are stunning

nope they gone. but they were really great

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-16 23:35 by Nikkei.

Date: July 18, 2022 14:59

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I do not know why the pictures were gone (maybe the files are too big), but here they are again (same links though):

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home