Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: Brussels Belgium 11-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 12, 2022 23:01

I for one didn't think Ronnie had an off day in Amsterdam.

Re: Brussels Belgium 11-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: stabilo ()
Date: July 12, 2022 23:01

I got lucky dips in pit b that made it better after the shit show of a set up outside staff didn’t know we’re to send you having to walk miles around the fence then waking all the way round the ground to get into pit b

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 12, 2022 23:11

keefriffhards
Promoman2
My videos of last night:
Slipping Away: [youtu.be]
Connection: [youtu.be]
Bitch: [youtu.be]
Start Me Up: [youtu.be]
Honky Tonk Woman: [youtu.be]
Beast of Burden: [youtu.be]
Jumping Jack Flash: [youtu.be]

Can someone please shed some light on why Keith is so energised some nights like he is here on JJF and on other nights he doesn't want to move, it's always fascinated me, i guess it's just the mood he's in, it's not due to age as its something he has always done on and off. He's definitely he's own man not a puppet, he is very unpredictable, I've just answered my own question, he does exactly what he wants, not what's expected of him like Mick who will flog himself to exhaustion in very hot temperatures with a bad cold because that's what's expected.

photosynthesis

after keith's roots take up minerals and water from the fine belgian soil and his leaves absorb co2 from the air sunlight must strike the bald spot on his head so that his body can produce glucose and starch which give him the energy to rock 'n roll properly

but none of this can take place if he's wearing a beanie

thankfully he decided to wear the the bandanna

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 12, 2022 23:21

Nice Kaptain Haddock scarf at Keith, hehehe ... I bet he loved the Tintin Comix ...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 12, 2022 23:37

Christiaan
JumpingKentFlash
I recorded two whole songs. Bitch and Beast. Here they are.

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Thank you for your friendly comments on my video. Just one small remark to yours. My advice would be, always keep your device horizontal when filming. Better to look back on iPad, PC, TV or other device spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I was very into the show and didn’t really think about it. I guess you’re right though.

BTW I agree that the organization could’ve been better. I was sitting way up and could see they let people in the side by pit a. There was a constant stream of people walking all the way to the other side through a fenced area, only to have to go back to the other side through a sea of people. That way the area behind pit b (I reckon that’s Keith’s side) was filling up first and the people going to the place behind pit a had to walk through them. It looked so dumb. The stream of people didn’t end until 5 minutes before the stones went on.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 12, 2022 23:59

Promoman2
My videos of last night:

Been watching YouTube all night and it's clear Keith is stepping up to the mark, rather than show criticism towards Ronnie its better to give credit where its due, Keith is now holding this band together, if we had Keith underperforming now this tour would be horrendous, but Keith is taking this very seriously and apart from a few bum notes this is impressive, he's getting stronger every show, perhaps he's taking the extra responsibility.
If you listen to Bitch it's all Keith, he's turning the clock back 20 years here.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 13, 2022 00:19

keefriffhards
Promoman2
My videos of last night:

Been watching YouTube all night and it's clear Keith is stepping up to the mark, rather than show criticism towards Ronnie its better to give credit where its due, Keith is now holding this band together, if we had Keith underperforming now this tour would be horrendous, but Keith is taking this very seriously and apart from a few bum notes this is impressive, he's getting stronger every show, perhaps he's taking the extra responsibility.
If you listen to Bitch it's all Keith, he's turning the clock back 20 years here.

Very much so. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing/hearing when he played Bitch.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2022 03:14

NashvilleBlues
keefriffhards
Promoman2
My videos of last night:

Very much so. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing/hearing when he played Bitch.

great to hear! smileys with beer

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 13, 2022 07:21

Keith is sharp as tack on this show. Love the licks on "Slipping Away"

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 13, 2022 07:39

Promoman2
My videos of last night:

Prolly my favorite filmer on YT from recent tours. Great camera work and not afraid to do closeups. All wonderful work!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 13, 2022 08:40

I was able to make the show in Brussels. Arrived around 13:00 and the taxi had to drop me off a block away because roads were blocked. Saw the huge crowd in front of the hotel and realized the Stones must be staying there. I was sooooo tempted to cancel an afternoon meeting and hang out in the lobby for the Stones. But at the end of the day, I was a good boy and went to work.

A friend drove and it took us a while to find parking, so got to the stadium around 19:30. We stood in a long line for tokens to pay for food, then stood in another line for overpriced food. It was a rip off, but frankly the hamburger with grilled onions was really good. Got to pit A around 20:30 and it was only about 1/2 full. I think Brussels (along with Munich) was the highest priced pit ricket of the tour, so not surprised to see a sparser crowd. Anyway that was good because there were excellent sightlines from anywhere in the pit, and hopefully more Lucky Dippers made it in.

Sound was loud and clear, but something about the venue or the stage setup resulted in a fairly strong echo. The atmosphere was electric - gorgeous warm summer night, a loud, noticeably young crowd, and overall a very strong performance by the band. The only glitches I noticed were the intro to “Bitch” and some confusion from Ron on “Start Me Up”. Interesting how “Miss You” seems to be the pivotal song in the set these days - the one that really gets the crowd going. I remember some folks used to take a bathroom break during “Miss You”, but mo more. The warhorses were more enthusiastically played and received than usual, a tribute to the crowd and Keith lighting up in response. Overall a great night.

Wishlist? “Brown Sugar” as the opener followed by “Bitch” would be nice, and I wish Keith would mix up his numbers a bit, but I know those won’t happen.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 13, 2022 09:07

keefriffhards
Promoman2
My videos of last night:

Can someone please shed some light on why Keith is so energised some nights like he is here on JJF and on other nights he doesn't want to move, it's always fascinated me, i guess it's just the mood he's in, it's not due to age as its something he has always done on and off. He's definitely he's own man not a puppet, he is very unpredictable, I've just answered my own question, he does exactly what he wants, not what's expected of him like Mick who will flog himself to exhaustion in very hot temperatures with a bad cold because that's what's expected.

How old are you? Keith is in his late 70s. Some days it's easy to move and some days it hurts. I just did 3 weeks of touring (Stones and others) and not quite 60. There were days my legs felt great and others it hurt to move. Those days it hurt I did the bare minimum and those days I felt great I pushed myself. Mick is a different kind of human. Not sure it is fair to compare the two.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 13, 2022 09:30

Tumbling “Charlie, Charlie” Dice
#CharlieIsToCoolForSocialMedia

The Rolling Stones, Tumbling “Charlie, Charlie” Dice. King Boudoain Stadium, Brussels, 11-07-2022
[youtu.be]

Date: July 13, 2022 09:31

Honky Tonk Women

[youtu.be]

Date: July 13, 2022 09:33

Keith: He missed “us” Slipping Away

[youtu.be]

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 13, 2022 10:10

waterrats
Sorry for posting this quite off topic, but I found this pic particularly funny...

Title: "When you’re a rock star but your opponent is Alain Delon, (1968)."

Twitter

That’s what happens when your socks don’t match.

Date: July 13, 2022 10:15

daspyknows
keefriffhards
Promoman2
My videos of last night:

How old are you? Keith is in his late 70s. Some days it's easy to move and some days it hurts. I just did 3 weeks of touring (Stones and others) and not quite 60. There were days my legs felt great and others it hurt to move. Those days it hurt I did the bare minimum and those days I felt great I pushed myself. Mick is a different kind of human. Not sure it is fair to compare the two.

You didn't fully read my post, i said it's something he's always done, so its not age related, ( although it might be now) over the past four decades there are nights he moves a lot and nights he elects to just concentrate on the music.

Date: July 13, 2022 10:20

Christiaan
Keith: He missed “us” Slipping Away

[youtu.be]

Yes he lives for doing this now, Mick too, nothing is going to stop them because live audiences are the one drug they can't kick, it's their life blood, its like life extension to them, all that love and energy.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 13, 2022 11:13

Doxa
Following the band too closely seemingly makes one's life miserable. Every gig always a disappointment.

One thing that seems to be forgotten in this stamp collecting culture in which a varied setlist is a value of its own is that any new song for the tour loses its impact pretty soon (after one or two performances). For example, the Stones playing "Out of Time" does not seem to excite people here any longer. But say, if one goes to see one show per tour or something like that (like I think quite many of even hardcore fans do), hearing that tune would be special and extraordinary, and something to look for. The same would go to "19th Nervous Breakdown" that despite making the set list last year in America isn't really a warhorse yet. I don't have an ability to see any of the shows this summer, but if I had I would love to hear those two tunes. They are like, say, "Under My Thumb", "Time Is On My Side" and "Let's Spend The Night Together" in 1981/82 tour, being so essential and peculiar to that tour. Actually if I look at five first tracks in this show, or any of this tour so far, they are pretty different compared to the tours in the past, only "Tumbling Dice" being a constant. Even "Street Fighting Man" had a holiday for years.

- Doxa

I am one that will be excited by those songs you mention. Besides, by "Living in a Ghost Town". I have deliberately avoided to listen to these live versions so far, in order to retain the magic. Only read the setlists, desperately hoping that they will play those songs in, yes, the one and only concert that I go to, in Stockholm. I will be very glad to have "Connection" as well, if possible.

Posted by: azera45 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 11:31

The T-shirt for the Brussels concert has a greenhouse on the front. Does this have any meaning to Brussels?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 13, 2022 11:46

azera45
The T-shirt for the Brussels concert has a greenhouse on the front. Does this have any meaning to Brussels?

I’m not from Belgium (tho I did go to the gig and googled this yesterday as was curious too)

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Date: July 13, 2022 11:51

Thanks for the info Yorkshire. Interesting although I would I thought they would have picture of the Mannekin Pis or the Atomium on the T shirt.

Did you enjoy gig?

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 12:07

NashvilleBlues
keefriffhards
Promoman2
My videos of last night:

Keith is doing a stellar job given his age and condition this tour. I don't have unrealistic expectations about what he can do and am happy to see him at all. But man, getting one of those moments where the Keith of old shines through is still so good. It also highlighted to me once more how much he is the driving force of the band - when he's on, then the songs are really cooking (as Bitch did here).

Amsterdam was fun but it felt much more like Mick dragging the rest of the band along, as we have seen him do more often over the past years, while Brussels was more of an old-fashioned band gig imo.

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: July 13, 2022 12:18

azera45

This is (are) the Royal Greenhouse(-s) of Laken, a borough of Brussels (FL/D: “De Koninklijke Serres van Laken” – FR: “les Serres royales de Laeken”).
It is, most definitely, though maybe one of the lesser-knowns, a Belgian landmark. There’s a distinctive ‘art nouveau’ touch to the construction – one of the ‘intangible’ landmarks of our country.

To a lesser extent, and maybe unintended as pun, it’s also funny to aknowledge that it might have somenthing to do with the concert (dis-)organisation that day –
“Greenhouse Talent” (who outbidded Live Nation for this gig).

Date: July 13, 2022 12:39

Hi deeskannie

Thanks for the explanation and agree with you about the disorganisation especially trying to get into the stadium.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 13, 2022 12:50

azera45
Thanks for the info Yorkshire. Interesting although I would I thought they would have picture of the Mannekin Pis or the Atomium on the T shirt.

Did you enjoy gig?

They used the Mannekin Pis on the poster when they played Belgium in 2014 (Werchter [iorr.org] ) so probably wanted something different this time.

The Atomium did manage to get in on the act though.

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 13, 2022 14:03

Witness
Doxa
Following the band too closely seemingly makes one's life miserable. Every gig always a disappointment.

One thing that seems to be forgotten in this stamp collecting culture in which a varied setlist is a value of its own is that any new song for the tour loses its impact pretty soon (after one or two performances). For example, the Stones playing "Out of Time" does not seem to excite people here any longer. But say, if one goes to see one show per tour or something like that (like I think quite many of even hardcore fans do), hearing that tune would be special and extraordinary, and something to look for. The same would go to "19th Nervous Breakdown" that despite making the set list last year in America isn't really a warhorse yet. I don't have an ability to see any of the shows this summer, but if I had I would love to hear those two tunes. They are like, say, "Under My Thumb", "Time Is On My Side" and "Let's Spend The Night Together" in 1981/82 tour, being so essential and peculiar to that tour. Actually if I look at five first tracks in this show, or any of this tour so far, they are pretty different compared to the tours in the past, only "Tumbling Dice" being a constant. Even "Street Fighting Man" had a holiday for years.

- Doxa

I am one that will be excited by those songs you mention. Besides, by "Living in a Ghost Town". I have deliberately avoided to listen to these live versions so far, in order to retain the magic. Only read the setlists, desperately hoping that they will play those songs in, yes, the one and only concert that I go to, in Stockholm. I will be very glad to have "Connection" as well, if possible.

Yeah, I should have mentioned "Ghost Town" as well. Belongs to the unique DNA of this tour. Would love to hear "Connection" as well, as Keith seemingly does it quite often now, but for me the Keith spot is a show within a show, and it is always fun no matter which songs he decides to do.

What for the rest of the songs go in terms of rarity, it is very much a question of luck what one has heard before. DandelionPowderman hit the jackpot in Hyde Park: 6 out of 19 songs AD Stones 2022 not heard before live is amazing, since he is no novise in these matters.

Generally, hearing a 'new' song has not ever been that important personally for me, just the greatness of the whole show and that the band is on fire. There has been only one song in my wish list, and I chased it almost ten shows until I get to hear it. Namely, "Midnight Rambler" was not a war horse back in 90's and 00's, although they did play it quite often (I was just unlucky, and I cursed the damn variance in setlistsgrinning smiley). But knowing that songs like mentioned "Breakdown", "Out of Time" and "Ghost Town" are so charasteric to this very tour so it would be like missing something essential for this tour if they wouldn't play them. Besides, it is not playing an 'obscure' song for the sake of it, and 'let's see how it goes'. No, they are well-rehearsed songs they have out thought and energy on (I think the version they nowadays do of "Breakdown" is among the best versions in the modern times of their energetic 60's classics, much to do with a new drummer I believe. They have struggled with those for ages). That they have a pretty constant spot on setlist is also a sign of that. So here comes the 'greatness factor' of a performance I look forward in a show.

Have a great show in Stockholm, Witness!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-13 14:05 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 13, 2022 14:32

drbryant
Interesting how “Miss You” seems to be the pivotal song in the set these days - the one that really gets the crowd going. I remember some folks used to take a bathroom break during “Miss You”, but mo more.

In the shows I've been in the past I recall "Miss You" always receiving a warm reception, making people dance and sing-along, especially the female section. It is a different kind of song and it sets an unique atmosphere in the flow of the show. I think the idea of it being a 'piss break' song is a myth created here in IORR and reflecting the taste of certain hardcore fanbase here (and probably their own habits) .

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-13 14:41 by Doxa.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 13, 2022 14:39

Doxa
drbryant
Interesting how “Miss You” seems to be the pivotal song in the set these days - the one that really gets the crowd going. I remember some folks used to take a bathroom break during “Miss You”, but mo more.

In the shows I've been in the past I recall "Miss You" always receiving a warm reception, making people dance and sing-along, especially the female section. I think the idea of it being a 'piss break' song is a myth created here in IORR and reflecting the taste of certain hardcore fanbase here (and probably their own habits) .

- Doxa

Most people use Ghost Town or the Keith set as a bathroom/beer stand break these days. That was very visible from our side view seats in Brussels but in Hyde Park I (Diamond Pit) and last year in the USA I had the same feeling.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 13, 2022 14:54

Doxa
drbryant

In the shows I've been in the past I recall "Miss You" always receiving a warm reception, making people dance and sing-along, especially the female section. It is a different kind of song and it sets an unique atmosphere in the flow of the show. I think the idea of it being a 'piss break' song is a myth created here in IORR and reflecting the taste of certain hardcore fanbase here (and probably their own habits) .

- Doxa

There are two or three songs whose intros provoke a cheer from the crowd (not the aficionados at the front: the main crowd) - Start Me Up, Paint It Black and Miss You. Miss You certainly is my tea-break song when I'm hunting streams at my keyboard: someone nearly always streams all of MY and it's a nice long song and not one I mind missing.. But at a show, it gets people singing and dancing and I can't say I've noticed people wandering away.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1248
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home