Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12
Re: Brussels Belgium 11-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:59

Green Lady
Matt Lee first as usual; Bitch

[www.youtube.com]

Keith was really cookin' on this one, Ronnie...dunno, looks dazed and a bit confused and can't be heard much TBH, might be the video of course. Seems like Chuck and Matt might be playing some "rythmic" parts on this too.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: Brussels Belgium 11-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 12, 2022 01:04

Green Lady
This is odd. All videos seem to shut down abruptly after less than a minute. Do we have some kind of ban in place?

Bandwidth sucked. Minimal at best.

My review was it was the best performance of the 4 I attended in my opinion but by far the worst showtime experience. Bitch was a real treat. Mick was even more animated than usual and Keith was solid. Worst sound and I was in the same spot for Hyde Park 2. Met more rude people today than Rock Werchter, Cactus Festival, and sighseeing in Antwerp and Leuven.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 12, 2022 01:05

"to compare pre and post 1989 setlists in terms of variety is not a very strong argument for obvious reasons."

Fine, maumau... According the statisics I just saw, on the entire B2B Tour (97 gigs) they played 62 different songs. And in 1997-98 they were performing 21 - 23 songs on each show, not 19. Make the comparisons.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: July 12, 2022 01:08

My first reaction to Ghost Town was that it could be dropped and throw in another gem. But, it seems to be getting fairly good reviews, correct?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 12, 2022 01:14

I tried streaming the whole thing but the network was absolutely dismal.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 12, 2022 01:15

Sorry: copy of Matt's video. Deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-12 01:23 by Green Lady.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 12, 2022 01:20

laertisflash
"to compare pre and post 1989 setlists in terms of variety is not a very strong argument for obvious reasons."

Fine, maumau... According the statisics I just saw, on the entire B2B Tour (97 gigs) they played 62 different songs. And in 1997-98 they were performing 21 - 23 songs on each show, not 19. Make the comparisons.

thumbs up though there was a new album back then (from which they used tonplay 3 or 4 songs if I remember correctly) I understand what you mean

in Amsterdam I did miss 19thnb but still I got a couple of songs I have never had. yet the fun and the highlights i must admit for me were some of the more usual suspects (mr, smu, even my!!!)

and from the first clips brussels seems an ON night as, overall, I would describe Amsterdam as an OFF night, exspecially for Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-12 01:24 by maumau.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 12, 2022 01:23

Bitch and Beast of Burden.
With Out of Time, I'll take this set list!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 12, 2022 01:23

Great great great gig. Band was enjoying themselfs so much more than in amsterdam. Ronnie was really good. Sound was only half as loud in the pit as amsterdam, did not like that. Gimme shelter was not so good. Everything else fantastic!

Date: July 12, 2022 01:24

JumpingKentFlash
I tried streaming the whole thing but the network was absolutely dismal.

Thanks for trying. In fact nobody at all managed to stream any video longer than a few seconds.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 12, 2022 01:25

Date: July 12, 2022 01:27

Sympathy from infor4allat:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 12, 2022 01:28

gotdablouse
Green Lady
Matt Lee first as usual; Bitch

[www.youtube.com]

Keith was really cookin' on this one, Ronnie...dunno, looks dazed and a bit confused and can't be heard much TBH, might be the video of course. Seems like Chuck and Matt might be playing some "rythmic" parts on this too.

whoohoo!

got-damn!

and that's exactly what i shouted out when keith started his second solo

best keith solo i've heard in years!grinning smiley

thanks matt!

Date: July 12, 2022 01:34

Whoa!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 12, 2022 01:36

Also from infor4allat: different versions of

Bitch [www.youtube.com]

Beast of Burden [www.youtube.com]

Date: July 12, 2022 01:42

daspyknows
Green Lady
This is odd. All videos seem to shut down abruptly after less than a minute. Do we have some kind of ban in place?

Bandwidth sucked. Minimal at best.

My review was it was the best performance of the 4 I attended in my opinion but by far the worst showtime experience. Bitch was a real treat. Mick was even more animated than usual and Keith was solid. Worst sound and I was in the same spot for Hyde Park 2. Met more rude people today than Rock Werchter, Cactus Festival, and sighseeing in Antwerp and Leuven.

Where were you for the show, daspy? What kinds of rude people, not staying in their spots, talking or what?
Glad the performance was tops.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 12, 2022 01:44

Green Lady
Sympathy from infor4allat:

[www.youtube.com]

Bitch is really great and tonight also Sftd was good ie: Keith was on

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: July 12, 2022 01:46

The boys were very much focused on their duties and delivered a wonderful gig !

My first hometown gig (my 56th Stones gig) was a great one.

The sound in the pit was much louder in Madrid but the mix tonight was really clear and I enjoyed it.

Keith did struggle with Shelter but otherwise was great most of the evening.
Loved the Captain Haddock's tie attached to his pants during the whole evening!
A nice Belgian touch !

Date: July 12, 2022 01:46

Tumbling Dice with the usual rather strange solo from Ronnie:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 12, 2022 01:48

also don't know if anyone noticed but keith's back to the bandanna again

Date: July 12, 2022 01:56

Satisfaction thanks to Matt
video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 12, 2022 02:01

ProfessorWolf
also don't know if anyone noticed but keith's back to the bandanna again

I assume its all down to temperature. He obviously feels the cold more these days but if its a very warm evening, the beanie is ditched.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 12, 2022 02:16

good news: Ronnie is alive again! I was really worried after the Amsterdam show where seems to be very fatigue.

bad news: there was a horrible echo effect inside the venue – especially when Jagger was on the catwalk

Thanks to everybody who got me into the pit!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 12, 2022 02:27

Great gig! Didn’t expect that in my own country.
Belgian audience is mostly kinda lame and the band feels that.
Not tonight.
Much better than Amsterdam where, it seems now, Keith & Ronnie took a break.
Well, they’re back.

Date: July 12, 2022 02:29

any guess what keiths saying to ronnie here?smiling smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 12, 2022 02:31

ProfessorWolf

any guess what keiths saying to ronnie here?smiling smiley

get up, you lazy bas*tard or you're fired…

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 12, 2022 02:35

I enjoyed Amsterdam but this show much more. Partially because the sound was much better where I stood, but also because Keith was way more engaged. In fact, the entire band was fired up. Bitch was really great, Beast solid too. Even Start Me Up sounded pretty good tonight. Great show!

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 12, 2022 02:51

Did Hyde Park 1 & 2. And today Brussels. Best show SO FAR. The band was on fire! I’m speechless. It will be hard to top that one.

Benjamin.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 12, 2022 02:53

slewan
good news: Ronnie is alive again! I was really worried after the Amsterdam show where seems to be very fatigue.

bad news: there was a horrible echo effect inside the venue – especially when Jagger was on the catwalk

Thanks to everybody who got me into the pit!

Weird because I looooooved the echo effect. I was in PIT B.

Benjamin.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: July 12, 2022 02:56

That was a superb gig, really enjoyable. The band seemed to have great energy and the playing was tight. Thanks guys!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2014
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home