Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: Brussels Belgium 11-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:56

laertisflash
"Be careful, the sound is only good if the version is awesome. If the version is even the slightest bit critical, the sound is not good enough to judge."

Sorry to say that, powerage 78, but I 'm afraid that your sense of humour becomes
obsessed and a bit tiresome. And no, I don't believe that every new Stones gig is "the best ever" (to prevent your ironic obsession No 2). I just realize that their performances remain at an admirably high level. And they 're 78, right?

Sorry, I'm not talking about you and I'm just anticipating future reviews. How much do you bet? My ironic humor is just as obsessive as some here become compulsive Stones lawyers... And it's much less funny.
But I promise, this is my last post for this tour.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Re: Brussels Belgium 11-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:57

Is this a good gig ? It’s so rare to get so little

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:58

Rare to get so little output from a gig - is it a good one ?

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:59

waterrats
caschimann
Waiting on some streams, but all I get is odd Stones Talk like on a boring iorr afternoon. Setlist, Bob Dylan, bla bla bla

LOL!! Yea, we all wait for streams who can't get through there...

Which gig are you going this tour? Would you try to stream the show for us? Mine will be Gelsenkirchen ...

I will go to Waldbühne Berlin and Stockholm. But I have to admit: I am a bad streamer. Very focused on the stage.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:59

Doxa
Following the band too closely seemingly makes one's life miserable. Every gig always a disappointment.

One thing that seems to be forgotten in this stamp collecting culture in which a varied setlist is a value of its own is that any new song for the tour loses its impact pretty soon (after one or two performances). For example, the Stones playing "Out of Time" does not seem to excite people here any longer. But say, if one goes to see one show per tour or something like that (like I think quite many of even hardcore fans do), hearing that tune would be special and extraordinary, and something to look for. The same would go to "19th Nervous Breakdown" that despite making the set list last year in America isn't really a warhorse yet. I don't have an ability to see any of the shows this summer, but if I had I would love to hear those two tunes. They are like, say, "Under My Thumb", "Time Is On My Side" and "Let's Spend The Night Together" in 1981/82 tour, being so essential and peculiar to that tour. Actually if I look at five first tracks in this show, or any of this tour so far, they are pretty different compared to the tours in the past, only "Tumbling Dice" being a constant. Even "Street Fighting Man" had a holiday for years.

- Doxa

Well said indeed!!!!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:02

caschimann
waterrats
caschimann
Waiting on some streams, but all I get is odd Stones Talk like on a boring iorr afternoon. Setlist, Bob Dylan, bla bla bla

Which gig are you going this tour? Would you try to stream the show for us? Mine will be Gelsenkirchen ...

I will go to Waldbühne Berlin and Stockholm. But I have to admit: I am a bad streamer. Very focused on the stage.

True. And quite rightly so.
I'm confident that I can do both - maybe less jumping, but 100% listening and looking! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:04

waterrats
caschimann
waterrats
caschimann

I'm confident that I can do both - maybe less jumping, but 100% listening and looking! smiling bouncing smiley

Good luck with the signal, waterrats. I'll be looking for you.

Date: July 12, 2022 00:06

Snippet of SMU on Twitter;

[twitter.com]

Date: July 12, 2022 00:13

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:17

Green Lady
waterrats
caschimann
waterrats
caschimann

Good luck with the signal, waterrats. I'll be looking for you.

I'll send you info at the right time before, ok?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-12 00:18 by waterrats.

Date: July 12, 2022 00:17

Doxa
Following the band too closely seemingly makes one's life miserable. Every gig always a disappointment.

One thing that seems to be forgotten in this stamp collecting culture in which a varied setlist is a value of its own is that any new song for the tour loses its impact pretty soon (after one or two performances). For example, the Stones playing "Out of Time" does not seem to excite people here any longer. But say, if one goes to see one show per tour or something like that (like I think quite many of even hardcore fans do), hearing that tune would be special and extraordinary, and something to look for. The same would go to "19th Nervous Breakdown" that despite making the set list last year in America isn't really a warhorse yet. I don't have an ability to see any of the shows this summer, but if I had I would love to hear those two tunes. They are like, say, "Under My Thumb", "Time Is On My Side" and "Let's Spend The Night Together" in 1981/82 tour, being so essential and peculiar to that tour. Actually if I look at five first tracks in this show, or any of this tour so far, they are pretty different compared to the tours in the past, only "Tumbling Dice" being a constant. Even "Street Fighting Man" had a holiday for years.

- Doxa

At HP 1 I got 6 tunes I've never seen in concert before.

Date: July 12, 2022 00:20

Picture from Dean Goodman on Twitter

Date: July 12, 2022 00:21

- and here's Ronnie putting the finishing touches to the Setlist;

[twitter.com]

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:25

Speaking about variety of setlists: If I estimate correctly, after 8 gigs they have performed 35 different songs. Two more than the total number of the entire 1978 tour (25 concerts)- just an example from the so called "glory years", as a yardstick...

Date: July 12, 2022 00:28

Matt Lee first as usual; Bitch

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:28

On the other hand: in 1978 they allmost played the complete new album.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:33

The Joker
syrel
Having just walked around the entire freaking pitch to get into pit B, for the first time in my life I wish I was in pit A. JFC what a mess.
Syrel

Explain yourself, if you can, please.

Sorry, I didn't pick this up til after the show - I logged off the thread as soon as I saw a setlist spoiler.
syrel

PS Bitch ROCKED

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-12 00:38 by syrel.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:33

to compare pre and post 1989 setlists in terms of variety is not a very strong argument for obvious reasons.

me, i fit comfortably in doxa's picture smileys with beer

Date: July 12, 2022 00:34

Beast of Burden [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stonerolling ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:36

Is the stage setup on the long side rather than 'goal' end?

Date: July 12, 2022 00:39

Band intros: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:41

Yes GJV, in 1978 they were playing 6 or 7 tracks (and 8 maybe, on some nights) from "Some Girls". And many fans were complaining for that, then, considering the tour as "just for promotion tour"...
As we know, in every era "Stonesland" includes different complaints and different points of criticism...

Date: July 12, 2022 00:46

So far, it looks like we missed a good show. Mick and Bernard having a lot of fun duetting on BoB. Keith is back in his headband (it's a hot night).

Date: July 12, 2022 00:47

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:50

Doxa

- Doxa

So right. They have such an extraordinary catalogue, that when a 'non-war-horse' turns up, I always think OMG, why haven't they played this before? But, I would dearly miss any of the war-horses too. I treasure the memories of live performances of well known numbers that don't make every gig - Ruby Tuesday in the rain at Twickenham (the only time I've heard it live); All Down the Line in 2012/13, The Last Time O2 2013, Dead Flowers at Coventry 2018. There was a time when I said I would be happy never to hear BS again, but now I miss it a bit! You can't always get 'everything' you want etc .. as Sir Mick rightly sings.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:52

Green Lady
According to Twitter, Mick says "I went to the Marolles, eat a stoemp, had a Duvel and saw the Manneken Piss"

Sounds like Mick's standard imaginary tour-of-wherever-we-are.

And some people are gullible enough to believe he actually did all this - just like that Tick Tock Diner story back in 2019.winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-12 00:54 by Topi.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:55

Green Lady

Ronnie was milking it!

Date: July 12, 2022 00:58

Lady Jayne
Green Lady

Ronnie was milking it!

Doesn't he always?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:58

Date: July 12, 2022 00:59

Satisfaction and final bows: [www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home