Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
Brussels Belgium 11-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 11, 2022 22:56

REUTERS/Yves Herman

Re: Brussels Belgium 11-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: July 11, 2022 22:57

ron091
The Stones, The Who, The Eagles, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Roger Waters, Kiss and any number of others are all "oldies bands" with nothing new to play. Be glad they are still alive because modern music isn't anything to get excited about

They don´t need new stuff, the stadiums are full of people happy to listen the oldies...

Re: Brussels Belgium 11-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 11, 2022 22:58

According to Twitter, Mick says "I went to the Marolles, eat a stoemp, had a Duvel and saw the Manneken Piss"

Sounds like Mick's standard imaginary tour-of-wherever-we-are.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 11, 2022 22:58

VoodooLounge13

Is it the angle, or is the stage set-up sideways in the stadium?

Both - there's a picture top-right on [en.Wikipedia.org] and a 360° Stadium-Tour on [www.ProSportEvent.be] .

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 11, 2022 22:59

Green Lady
According to Twitter, Mick says "I went to the Marolles, eat a stoemp, had a Duvel and saw the Manneken Piss"

He did way more of that over in the states though

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:00

Green Lady

Hahahahahahaha

Date: July 11, 2022 23:02

Bitch Clip [www.instagram.com]

Date: July 11, 2022 23:06

DiegoGlimmerStones

thumbs up

Pretty decent sound in the few clips we've had so far.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:07

Just once … during Miss You, when Mick goes to chest bump Darryl … I want Darryl to take one step back. smiling smiley

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:11

rogerriffin
ron091
The Stones, The Who, The Eagles, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Roger Waters, Kiss and any number of others are all "oldies bands" with nothing new to play. Be glad they are still alive because modern music isn't anything to get excited about

They don´t need new stuff, the stadiums are full of people happy to listen the oldies...
True for sure, but in contrast to the other bands "Kiss, Who, Eagles etc." the Stones had a single number 1 hit with "Ghost Town"!
(in some European countries in 2021) Then why not play this song?

For me, the song fits perfectly to represent the name of the Sixty Tour.
It's only 1 song but it bridges the gap to today and I think it fits the tour very well.
The oldies bring the mood to the audience, but this one song makes the tour special - my opinion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-11 23:12 by Nankstone.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:12

Green Lady
DiegoGlimmerStones
smileys with beer

thumbs up

Pretty decent sound in the few clips we've had so far.

Be careful, the sound is only good if the version is awesome. If the version is even the slightest bit critical, the sound is not good enough to judge. smoking smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-11 23:16 by powerage78.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:13

Green Lady

What is a stoemp?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:14

SomeTorontoGirl
Just once … during Miss You, when Mick goes to chest bump Darryl … I want Darryl to take one step back. smiling smiley

Lol. winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:15

Nankstone
rogerriffin
ron091

True for sure, but in contrast to the other bands "Kiss, Who, Eagles etc." the Stones had a single number 1 hit with "Ghost Town"!

It's only 1 song but it bridges the gap to today and I think it fits the tour very well.
The oldies bring the mood to the audience, but this one song makes the tour special - my opinion!

The Who, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Roger Waters all have new/recent material to play, and some of it they do play to the delight of many fans.
Not sure of the other bands mentioned, but I'm sure the Stones have nothing other than the one and only lonely Ghost Town - they need it in the setlist!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-11 23:16 by Hairball.

Date: July 11, 2022 23:17

The unveiling of the Mannekin Pis and interviews (in French) with various fans who were there .

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:20

ron091

Bob Dylan's an 'oldies' act with nothing new to play? Is this the same Bob Dylan who's current show features 9 songs off his most recent album and only 8 'oldies' (none of which would be considered in his 20-30 most well known songs)? That Bob Dylan?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:26

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:27

Hairball
Nankstone
rogerriffin
ron091

The Who, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Roger Waters all have new/recent material to play, and some of it they do play to the delight of many fans.
Not sure of the other bands mentioned, but I'm sure the Stones have nothing other than the one and only lonely Ghost Town - they need it in the setlist!

True. Bob Dylan plays his whole new album (minus the 17 min Murder Most Foul), 9 of the 17 songs he plays live.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:27

Gazza
ron091

Bob Dylan's an 'oldies' act with nothing new to play? Is this the same Bob Dylan who's current show features 9 songs off his most recent album and only 8 'oldies' (none of which would be considered in his 20-30 most well known songs)? That Bob Dylan?

Imagine how great it could be if the Stones did something like that.............
But first they would need to release their first new album of originals in nearly 17 years! Not gonna happen, so all they're really left with is Ghost Town.
Was surprised and a bit disappointed for the fans in attendance at Hyde Park II when they didn't play it, but I'm sure some were there just to soak in all the oldies anyways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-11 23:28 by Hairball.

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:28

NICOS
Green Lady

What is a stoemp?

Stoemp is a typical and very simple dish from Brussels. It is a side dish made with potatoes and vegetables

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:32

stones2
NICOS
Green Lady

What is a stoemp?

Stoemp is a typical and very simple dish from Brussels. It is a side dish made with potatoes and vegetables

It must be the equivalent of the Dutch "stampot". Real winter food in the Netherlands. Mick must have really hungry then winking smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:36

Sorry for posting this quite off topic, but I found this pic particularly funny...

Title: "When you’re a rock star but your opponent is Alain Delon, (1968)."

Twitter

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:38

georgie48
stones2

It must be the equivalent of the Dutch "stampot".

Stoemp, Stamppot - [en.Wikipedia.org] , [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:43

Waiting on some streams, but all I get is odd Stones Talk like on a boring iorr afternoon. Setlist, Bob Dylan, bla bla bla

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:44

stones2
NICOS
Green Lady

What is a stoemp?

thumbs up

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:46

"Be careful, the sound is only good if the version is awesome. If the version is even the slightest bit critical, the sound is not good enough to judge."

Sorry to say that, powerage 78, but I 'm afraid that your sense of humour becomes
obsessed and a bit tiresome. And no, I don't believe that every new Stones gig is "the best ever" (to prevent your ironic obsession No 2). I just realize that their performances remain at an admirably high level. And they 're 78, right?

Date: July 11, 2022 23:47

caschimann
Waiting on some streams, but all I get is odd Stones Talk like on a boring iorr afternoon. Setlist, Bob Dylan, bla bla bla

LOL!! Yea, we all wait for streams who can't get through there...

Which gig are you going this tour? Would you try to stream the show for us? Mine will be Gelsenkirchen ...

Date: July 11, 2022 23:51

"It's gonna be a great evening and night." - Twitter

Date: July 11, 2022 23:51

Guess whos back

His name is ron wood

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:54

Following the band too closely seemingly makes one's life miserable. Every gig always a disappointment.

One thing that seems to be forgotten in this stamp collecting culture in which a varied setlist is a value of its own is that any new song for the tour loses its impact pretty soon (after one or two performances). For example, the Stones playing "Out of Time" does not seem to excite people here any longer. But say, if one goes to see one show per tour or something like that (like I think quite many of even hardcore fans do), hearing that tune would be special and extraordinary, and something to look for. The same would go to "19th Nervous Breakdown" that despite making the set list last year in America isn't really a warhorse yet. I don't have an ability to see any of the shows this summer, but if I had I would love to hear those two tunes. They are like, say, "Under My Thumb", "Time Is On My Side" and "Let's Spend The Night Together" in 1981/82 tour, being so essential and peculiar to that tour. Actually if I look at five first tracks in this show, or any of this tour so far, they are pretty different compared to the tours in the past, only "Tumbling Dice" being a constant. Even "Street Fighting Man" had a holiday for years.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-11 23:56 by Doxa.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home