Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitar nerd question...
Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: July 9, 2022 05:03

Keith plays several Telecasters. Some of them have the traditional single coil in the neck position. Others have a humbucker as the neck pickup. In looking at all the pictures posted over the last several years, he seems to always use the bridge pickup on his Teles. Have any of my fellow guitar nerds noticed any songs on which he uses the neck pickup on his Teles?

Re: Guitar nerd question...
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 9, 2022 08:03

Well , your first mistake was thinking people who have a unique understanding of guitars are “ nerds”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-09 15:04 by lem motlow.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: July 9, 2022 08:26

Well, really.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 9, 2022 08:35

vibrolux
Keith plays several Telecasters. Some of them have the traditional single coil in the neck position. Others have a humbucker as the neck pickup. In looking at all the pictures posted over the last several years, he seems to always use the bridge pickup on his Teles. Have any of my fellow guitar nerds noticed any songs on which he uses the neck pickup on his Teles?

I’m sure there’s been a few threads on here re Keith’s guitars and setup. Try a search on the site and see what you can find.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 9, 2022 17:48

Maybe the switch is connected differently to the pickups than in regular tellies? I could imagine that it needs some fumbling to find the middle position of the three way switch in order to make both pickups sound. With KRs hands especially, if I may say that. So maybe he gets the combination in the bridge-slot of the switch - and doesn’t use the other combinations?

But, as often, I do not know…

Cheers! Fillmore

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 9, 2022 19:26

lem motlow
Well , your first mistake was thinking people who have a unique understanding of guitars are “ nerds”.

Chill out. He’s just asking a question

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 9, 2022 19:36

Fillmore
Maybe the switch is connected differently to the pickups than in regular tellies? I could imagine that it needs some fumbling to find the middle position of the three way switch in order to make both pickups sound. With KRs hands especially, if I may say that. So maybe he gets the combination in the bridge-slot of the switch - and doesn’t use the other combinations?

But, as often, I do not know…

Cheers! Fillmore

NERD!winking smiley

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 9, 2022 20:32

grinning smiley

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 9, 2022 21:06

This is turning out to be really funny!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-09 21:08 by Cooltoplady.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home