Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13
Re: Soundcheck last part Amsterdam
Posted by: Djuro ()
Date: July 8, 2022 16:47

Thank you for the video.

How come they've let people in while soundcheck was still on?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2022 04:55

THE GIRL!

Awesome. Wow.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 9, 2022 20:31

Djuro
Thank you for the video.

How come they've let people in while soundcheck was still on?

Those were the early entry Pit people, I believe. Didn't know they would get sound check.
Too bad I had to sell my ticket. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-09 20:32 by angee.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 9, 2022 21:44

........nice hair .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 9, 2022 21:45

Rockman
........nice hair .......

but is it though?winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 9, 2022 22:06

.... whats that great Joe Turner line

I wanna gal with hair like horse's mane ......
............................ My Gal's A Jockey - Joe Turner

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 10, 2022 04:51

Rockman
.... whats that great Joe Turner line

I wanna gal with hair like horse's mane ......
............................ My Gal's A Jockey - Joe Turner

haa ahh! uh ya got me with that one

but i don't know looks like a wig to me

and what's that great hound dog taylor line

Give me back my wig, honey let your head go bald
You really had no business, honey buyin' no wig at all

give me back my wig - hound dog taylor

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 10, 2022 21:32

I waited a couple of days to see what good memories I would carry with me from last
weeks show in Amsterdam, for the rest of my life.

1. The moment Keith started his famous riff to Can't you hear me knocking.
2. Sacha's performance on Gimme Shelter
3. Mick resting his weary head on Keith' chest during Sweet Virginia
4. The French horn opening of You Can't always get what you want.
5. Just being there, with many nice people around me (somewhere near the sound booth).

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2022 21:47

"The French horn opening of You Can't always get what you want..." -

thumbs up

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 11, 2022 00:38

just got back home from Amsterdam where I got to meet many great stones fans. Thanks to Lenurb who shared the LD ticks I have proven myself wrong as I said I would not go to a Stones concert after Charlie's death.
I had a really great time hanging out of the arena chatting, trying to get a better seat, pissing en plain air in the magic pissing machine only dutch could have come out with to balance the waves of beer.
We were seated far away up opposite to the stage, central view for what a central view is worth so faraway. But the sound was crystal clear and it got the people's foot and bum. A lot of clapping, dancing and chanting back to Jagger. Very fun.
Highlights for me were Out of time, MR, CYHMK (Ronnie!), MY (and it surprises me too to say so), LIAGT, SMU, PIB
Low points for me: I got LSTNT once more instead of the punchy 19NB ((( also SV was shaking and under rehearsed imo, overall Keith's performance was really dimmed to say the least and being kind to the man I love. also comparing it to his playing in some of the previous concerts in this tour.
In the end: not my fav gig performance wise, but still a very fun, grooving and in a way moving rock and roll show by the rolling stones 2022
really good value for the money, thanks again lenurb

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-11 00:41 by maumau.

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: July 14, 2022 10:26

On a Dutch fan FB page it states that the show was almost cancelled due to severe stomach issues from Keith!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-14 11:23 by bluenote.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 14, 2022 10:36

What Dutch fb page?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-14 10:37 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: July 14, 2022 11:20

'Stonesforum' I got a screenshot send trough via a friend, so have no direct link.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 17, 2022 17:14

[www.youtube.com]

I believe Mick misses his cues precisely at moments when Keith is doing an intro unbelievably well. When that alone could go on forever the conclusion can take you by surprise. I had the idea while grooving myself silly on the intro late in bed for several hours

Date: July 17, 2022 17:16

And Ronnie wasn't having an off night, his solo is refreshing and confident in the basic framework at the same time

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 17, 2022 17:34

bluenote
On a Dutch fan FB page it states that the show was almost cancelled due to severe stomach issues from Keith!

If that's true it really shows what a trooper Keith is, bloody brave too when you consider the humiliation if he had a bug in front of Sixty thousand people.

Date: July 17, 2022 18:24

It explains him visualy not being happy and not moving at all. Still he played fantastic.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 17, 2022 21:33

Just before the show in Amsterdam, I heard the rumor about Keith having been sick the morning of the show. Didn't want to post it then, but since it's now out there...well, just glad we didn't have to go through another cancellation!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-17 21:38 by Topi.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 18, 2022 00:17

Yes, as I recall, Keith didn’t move much during the Amsterdam show.

Date: July 18, 2022 00:34

Topi
Just before the show in Amsterdam, I heard the rumor about Keith having been sick the morning of the show. Didn't want to post it then, but since it's now out there...well, just glad we didn't have to go through another cancellation!

Keith is fkn on it there's no ailment that can keep him off only self esteem issues

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 18, 2022 09:10

maumau
just got back home from Amsterdam where I got to meet many great stones fans. Thanks to Lenurb who shared the LD ticks I have proven myself wrong as I said I would not go to a Stones concert after Charlie's death.
I had a really great time hanging out of the arena chatting, trying to get a better seat, pissing en plain air in the magic pissing machine only dutch could have come out with to balance the waves of beer.
We were seated far away up opposite to the stage, central view for what a central view is worth so faraway. But the sound was crystal clear and it got the people's foot and bum. A lot of clapping, dancing and chanting back to Jagger. Very fun.
Highlights for me were Out of time, MR, CYHMK (Ronnie!), MY (and it surprises me too to say so), LIAGT, SMU, PIB
Low points for me: I got LSTNT once more instead of the punchy 19NB ((( also SV was shaking and under rehearsed imo, overall Keith's performance was really dimmed to say the least and being kind to the man I love. also comparing it to his playing in some of the previous concerts in this tour.
In the end: not my fav gig performance wise, but still a very fun, grooving and in a way moving rock and roll show by the rolling stones 2022
really good value for the money, thanks again lenurb

Turns out Keith wasnt feeling well so it's understandable his performance was dimmed as you put it, you were lucky to get a show at all, most 79 year olds would have cancelled the show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home