Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 9, 2022 01:13

DandelionPowderman
noughties
keefriffhards
Keith's wife was fighting extensive cancer in 2007 and his mother died, it effected him and i think he drank heavily on the 2007 tour and posters on iorr bashed him all over, i never could understand the hatred towards Keith back then, do any of you remember it.

Yes, I remember it. I saw the Oslo show. Keith was strirkingly little into it back then compared to now.

Keith did great in Copenhagen and Oslo, after the poor Helsinki-show and the infamous Swedish review.

Keith seemed a bit absent and careless in Düsseldorf but brought the house down in Hamburg two days later. That was towards the end of the tour.

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 9, 2022 04:40

What instruments does Matt Clifford play on these shows.Does he play synths and most songs?

Date: July 9, 2022 08:53

Keyboards and French horn.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 9, 2022 11:39

PaintMonkeyManBlack
[www.nrc.nl]

worst review of this tour

No, it's not. As a non-insider he gives an observative view of the concert. But understand, it's his interpretation. Off course Keith "hasn't had it". Just like in Hyde Park for instance, he is very focused on his guitar playing. Being 78 means "no funny jokes and moves, because I don't want to hit the wrong key". We all know Keith's fingers are not what they used to be and that it forces him to concentrate on his playing. There is still his pal Mick and his musical brother Ronnie (not to forget Sasha!) who can take care of the show elements. Even the lack of fireworks couldn't spoil the show.
Sound problems at times? Well, the Arena will never be the perfect place for live music, and a technician can make a mistake (stupid and unprofessional, though).
We were once again treated on a great concert and that is what counts.
We've heard far too often about "the last show". It's maybe just by people who hate the Stones for outliving all other great acts with their 60 years rolling over the world. We take it as it comes and yes, even after 60 years they still come! A true miracle!

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 9, 2022 12:31

But criticizing that Keith doesn't do his old moves anymore when he hasn't done them for like fifeteen years lets it seem like the author is just totally uninformed and compares the Stones to what they have been thirty years ago. It's like going to a Phil Collins concert these days and criticizing that he doesn't jump around anymore and sits in a chair.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 9, 2022 12:35

StonedRambler
But criticizing that Keith doesn't do his old moves anymore when he hasn't done them for like fifeteen years lets it seem like the author is just totally uninformed and compares the Stones to what they have been thirty years ago. It's like going to a Phil Collins concert these days and criticizing that he doesn't jump around anymore and sits in a chair.

It's not just about moving...And a negative (or strongly contrasting) review remains legitimate and understandable.

The solo of 'Sympathy for the Devil', the only moment when he goes for a walk, is not even a faint echo of the past.

At best you can argue that his game has become more elemental, but maybe you just have to admit that fire and finesse have gone.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-09 12:41 by powerage78.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 9, 2022 12:41

Taylor1
What instruments does Matt Clifford play on these shows.Does he play synths and most songs?

Matt Clifford and Chuck Leavell are both on keyboards. As you know, you may do any sound through a keyboard, sampled and so on. Even if there were four girls plus Bernard on stage in Amsterdam, we got the "Can't Always Get What You Want" chorus like true to the recording, a real chorus, coming from one of the wizzards. They don't do a lot of that, but Matt and Chuch sure do a lot for the band.

Also, they do backing vocals and percussions, Chuch does the cow bell on Honky Tonk, Matt does maracas and other stuff, they are both important to the band and they sound.

But, on Rambler, there are just six on stage!

Bjornulf

Date: July 9, 2022 12:43

Yes any sound... And guitar sound ?

Date: July 9, 2022 12:45

powerage78
Yes any sound... And guitar sound ?
He did the acoustic guitar on Satisfaction when I saw them on the No Filter tour, don't know if he still does, at least I couldn't hear it anymore in Munich.

Date: July 9, 2022 12:57

powerage78
StonedRambler

It's not just about moving...And a negative (or strongly contrasting) review remains legitimate and understandable.

The solo of 'Sympathy for the Devil', the only moment when he goes for a walk, is not even a faint echo of the past.

At best you can argue that his game has become more elemental, but maybe you just have to admit that fire and finesse have gone.

He's obviously not completely wrong but then again Keith has been on the same level (sometimes a bit better sometimes a bit worse) for the last ten years. He's solid but limits himself to the stuff he knows he can still do with his arthritic fingers. No Stones fan is suprised about Keith playing rudimentary stuff on Sympathy anymore. No fan goes to a Stones show these days and expects Keith to play the Sympathy solo as good as on Ya-Yas or in 1989. The man has had bad arthritis for the last 20 years and there are only two options - trying to make the best out of it and playing the "elemental" stuff that's still possible or quitting. Me and most fans are probably glad he chooses the first one.

So still I got the feeling the author is not well informed and went to the concert with am illusion of Keith that he hasn't been anymore for at least the last 10 years.

Still have to say, it's also good to read some critical reviews again because most reviews these days are just the same rave reviews.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-09 13:00 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 9, 2022 18:22

I think there’s a huge difference in body language for the three shows I attended so far.
He was very active at HP1, not so much at HP2 and he barely moved in Amsterdam.
Was HP1 taped or something?
Or he just seemed to enjoy that first London gig very much.

Date: July 9, 2022 21:58

Just listen to the music. Cheers. smoking smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 9, 2022 23:14

BowieStone
I think there’s a huge difference in body language for the three shows I attended so far.

Completely agree, he's leaving all the movement to Mick since Liverpool and Hyde Park 1.

This just shows how much Ronnie and Keith have deteriorated without Charlie, and how much Lisa is missed, listen to Gimme Shelter in 2014 and then listen to recent ones, it's a world of difference.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-10 00:30 by keefriffhards.

Date: July 9, 2022 23:15

Keith does his best on 2021/2022 tour and his playing seems to me a bit better than in 2019. Of course he knows his current limits and keeps himself within them. That's ok.
He still has great timing, nice backup singing and does the best riffs in rock'n'roll history well. It is wonderful that he still performs. I suggest to enjoy it and don't search for weaknesses. There are some but what we get in total is worth even the occasional minor issues.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: July 9, 2022 23:41

keefriffhards
BowieStone

Completely agree, he's leaving all the movement to Mick since Liverpool and Hyde Park 1.

This just shows how much Ronnie and Keith have deteriorated without Charlie, and how much Lisa is missed, listen to Gimme Shelter in 2014 and then listen to resent ones, it's a world of difference.
[www.youtube.com]

Lisa isn't missed at all.....she hasn't been able to sing since 1999. Listen to her on GS from washington dc 2013.....sounds like yoko ono She also ruined many a Satisfaction and JJF with her opera/gospel shreiking.

Gimme Shelter in Pittsburgh last year was excellent.

Agree with you about Charlie.

Have a good day

Date: July 10, 2022 00:02

mjmjr
keefriffhards
BowieStone

This just shows how much Ronnie and Keith have deteriorated without Charlie, and how much Lisa is missed, listen to Gimme Shelter in 2014 and then listen to resent ones, it's a world of difference.
[www.youtube.com]

Lisa isn't missed at all.....she hasn't been able to sing since 1999. Listen to her on GS from washington dc 2013.....sounds like yoko ono She also ruined many a Satisfaction and JJF with her opera/gospel shreiking.

Have a good day

Did you actually listen to it, did you hear Ronnie playing sublime back then, Keith great too, the whole package and delivery of GS back then was genius, now i have to skip it and it's my favorite track.

Date: July 10, 2022 00:26

keefriffhards
mjmjr
keefriffhards
BowieStone

[www.youtube.com]

Have a good day

Did you actually listen to it, did you hear Ronnie playing sublime back then, Keith great too, the whole package and delivery of GS back then was genius, now i have to skip it and it's my favorite track.

You are wasting your time. Criticism is always late, to finally say that it is better today than yesterday. You talk to Stones worshippers.

Date: July 10, 2022 00:57

powerage78
keefriffhards
mjmjr
keefriffhards
BowieStone

[www.youtube.com]

Have a good day

You are wasting your time. Criticism is always late, to finally say that it is better today than yesterday. You talk to Stones worshippers.

I understand they are still surprising us all to be doing this at their age and the world is watching and in awe of them, but i don't understand why we can't compare them as a band and as individual musicians to say 3 years ago, 8 years ago,( Clapton is continually criticized for not being as good as he was a decade ago ) i mean they charge just as much to see them as ever so they do set themselves up for criticism. It's hard to imagine what's left to talk about here when you can't have an opinion that doesn't fall inline with the herd collective mindset of they are better than ever, to disagree you become the village idiot, a troll, heartless or you are just plain evil.

I've been a Stones worshiper in my time, spent a small fortune on them, but i have to say that now Ronnie is unable to cover for Keith's limitations it's getting to the point that i hope they call this the last tour unless they do something different like bring back Bill or Taylor, play shorter shows which will allow more energy, play in arenas with special guests or something, i get the impression we are watching all three of them phoning it in and hanging on by pacing themselves with very little energy left in the tank for anything creative to happen.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: July 10, 2022 01:04

Gimme Shelter @ Paradiso 1995 is the best I've ever heard.

Posted by: ONE8UNG ()
Date: July 10, 2022 01:45

IEM sample:

video: [youtube.com]

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 10, 2022 01:50

ONE8UNG
IEM sample:

Amazing! Did you get the entire show?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2022 01:57

mjmjr

Yes the truth, though some people do miss her for whatever reason.
Surely can't be because of her wailing operatic howling and shreiking, but maybe it is. To each his own I guess.
Sasha is so much better imo, and shows some class and restraint with her approach.

As for Keith, hopefully he isn't on the downslide again as he was in 2021 around the half way mark of that mini-tour - physically and mentally on the decline.
Come on Keith! You can do it!!! Only seven shows to go before you can take a nap and a holiday in the islands, and be with your family without thinking about the Stones for a while.
And with any luck, you'll be able to refocus on the new album you've been talking about for many years now - we're rooting for you every step of the way. thumbs up

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 10, 2022 02:08

keefriffhards

This just shows how much Ronnie and Keith have deteriorated without Charlie, and how much Lisa is missed, listen to Gimme Shelter in 2014 and then listen to recent ones, it's a world of difference.
[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for posting the link to this 2014 Tel Aviv concert. I’d not seen this one before and yes, the combination of Charlie, Lisa, and truly great guitar work by Keith and Ronnie was quite lovely. Surprisingly, only 400+ views of this video. I enjoyed it very much.

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 10, 2022 03:07

snoopy2
bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Anyone know if Ronnie's shirt is a one-off, or is it commercially available? That was my first show and would love to find one! (Oct. 18, '81 Candlestick, you can read the ticket in his video post)

Does Ronnie Have his own guitar brand?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 10, 2022 03:14

Posted by: ONE8UNG ()
Date: July 10, 2022 05:22

KeVvV2011
ONE8UNG
IEM sample:

Sure or did you think I bought an expensive ticket and equipment to record for five minutes?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 10, 2022 06:12

smoking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 10, 2022 08:03

ONE8UNG
KeVvV2011
ONE8UNG
IEM sample:

Sure or did you think I bought an expensive ticket and equipment to record for five minutes?

awesome

and better mixed then the last batch of xavel recordings from 2019 too

hope you choose to share more but either way i'm thankful for what you have shared

one question though how?

i was under the impression that it was nearly impossible to record the signals since the band changed something last year

has that changed again?

or are you just uniquely skilled and equipped?

not asking for the magician to reveal his tricks but is it possible we'll see more shows with iem recordings this tour?

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 10, 2022 09:54

ONE8UNG
KeVvV2011
ONE8UNG
IEM sample:

No, but was also thinking this:

ProfessorWolf

one question though how?

i was under the impression that it was nearly impossible to record the signals since the band changed something last year

Great to hear that you managed though. And indeed, it's a really balanced mix for an IEM recording. Hope you'll be willing to share more.

Soundcheck last part Amsterdam
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 7, 2022 18:29

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home