Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Date: July 8, 2022 14:02

[www.nrc.nl]

worst review of this tour

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 8, 2022 14:11

Lady Jayne
Some great photos by BV on the review page. I am loving all of Ronnie's t shirts last night!

I noticed Ronnie’s shirt last night! Don’t remember seeing one before - very nice, indeed!

Date: July 8, 2022 14:16

ErwinH
SomeTorontoGirl
What a great damn concert! grinning smiley

Ow yes it was!
Great story STG... from 426 to the pit... well done.
I was in GA, and had a grrreat night smiling smiley

See you next time...

Yes - in BRUSSELS, dammit!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 14:24

Some short notes from my side. We were in Pit B right in front of a big speaker near the entrance of the pit. Sound was brutal loud but crystal clear with guitars upfront. It was a good show with great moment. LSTNT, Tumbling Dice, SMU and JJF (yes the warhorses) were the highlights for me. Sweet Virginia was the lowlight. With both Keith and Ronnie on electric it sounded strange. Mick requested the band to play faster but he didn't manage to get the vocals right.

Keith didn't move much. Neither on Miss You nor on Rambler he left his spot in front of the drums or even behind for the first minutes of MY. But He got his signature riffs and had an awesome sound. I would say it was a focused performance by him. His two songs where really good. Much better than the trainwreck called Connection He played in Milan.

Ronnie worries me. You can't compare him to the man he used to be at the beginning of No Filter when he was all over the stage and played brillant solos. He went through lots of trouble the last years and now it starts to show on stage. I hope he feels good.

All in all a good show, I really enjoyed it and I'm really looking forward to Brussels on Monday.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 14:33

To be honest, I never expect exceptional things from Ronnie... I find him good on TD and CYHMK even if obviously on this fabulous track he will never be up to the studio version or any live version with Mick Taylor.

Sorry, even if SFM is good, on tracks like these with a high rhythmic tension, it is Keith who is lacking... His intermittent playing detracts from the energy of the song, which is normally present throughout the song and even intensifies at the end.

But I base my opinion on videos so I shut up ! smileys with beer

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 8, 2022 14:44

PaintMonkeyManBlack
[www.nrc.nl]

English translation via Google Translate

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 14:50

bye bye johnny
PaintMonkeyManBlack
[www.nrc.nl]

Will it be published on the page dedicated to the Amsterdam concert ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 8, 2022 15:12

I look at Ronnie's solos as if he's creating a small piece of art every time. He always comes up with something new and interesting even if it's not always great. He could play the same well rehearsed note for note solo every night if he wanted to, but that's not his style. Go and listen to Kiss if you want that kind of playing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-08 15:18 by EasterMan.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 8, 2022 15:36

EasterMan
I look at Ronnie's solos as if he's creating a small piece of art every time. He always comes up with something new and interesting even if it's not always great. He could play the same well rehearsed note for note solo every night if he wanted to, but that's not his style. Go and listen to Kiss if you want that kind of playing.

Id normally agree with that, you know trying something different and creating art, but what he's doing now isn't the equivalent of modern art, it's just crap and belongs in the skip.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 8, 2022 16:05

keefriffhards
EasterMan

Id normally agree with that, you know trying something different and creating art, but what he's doing now isn't the equivalent of modern art, it's just crap and belongs in the skip.
First, were you there? If so, stop going. If not then you are making your observation from watchibg a phone. If it sucks that bad going follow a band that you find inspiring. I thought it was good last night and ready for Brussels. Hopefully won't be the last time for me.

Posted by: nano ()
Date: July 8, 2022 16:16

I want to say something about a member of this forum, a coward and an a person not to be trusted. This person had a Pit A for sale , we had an agreement but he never sowed up , I phoned him and send some whatssps, no answer.
As a result of that I had to buy a ticket at the ticket office , and missed the three first songs.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 8, 2022 16:27

Lady Jayne
Some great photos by BV on the review page. I am loving all of Ronnie's t shirts last night!

Green Lady
I hope somebody got a picture of Mick resting his weary head on Keith's shoulder just then.

Well done bv: it's there.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 8, 2022 16:51

daspyknows
keefriffhards
EasterMan

First, were you there? If so, stop going. If not then you are making your observation from watchibg a phone. If it sucks that bad going follow a band that you find inspiring. I thought it was good last night and ready for Brussels. Hopefully won't be the last time for me.

Saw them at Hyde Park 2 thought it was a great show, came away thinking Ronnie was a bit disappointing and to be honest it could have been louder to drain out the noise of the drinks talking and being annoying throughout the show.
Started watching last night live stream and right from the start with Tumbling Dice Ronnie's solo was terrible, same with SMU, not so bad on GS, i know he's up and down as a player but i can't work out if he really can't play great any more or he's taking the piss.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: July 8, 2022 16:56

keefriffhards
daspyknows
keefriffhards
EasterMan

Saw them at Hyde Park 2 thought it was a great show, came away thinking Ronnie was a bit disappointing and to be honest it could have been louder to drain out the noise of the drinks talking and being annoying throughout the show.
Started watching last night live stream and right from the start with Tumbling Dice Ronnie's solo was terrible, same with SMU, not so bad on GS, i know he's up and down as a player but i can't work out if he really can't play great any more or he's taking the piss.

It’s mostly TD and SMU and he’s had issues with those solos for years. I don’t get why he doesn’t rehearse at least a frame that the plays within instead of being all over the place. I started recording the TD solo yesterday because he was so close to me, but stopped after a few seconds because it was so awful lol

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 8, 2022 17:11

bye bye johnny
PaintMonkeyManBlack
[www.nrc.nl]

I was not in Amsterdam but saw 3 earlier shows this tour. Based on what I saw (and mainly heard), the reviewer got the balance between Ronnie and Keith the other way round.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 8, 2022 17:36

PaintMonkeyManBlack
[www.nrc.nl]

It's not worse at all. It's very Stones dedicated, very impressed, very positive.
Yes all in a creative, sometimes strange wording - but the writer was overwhelmed.
Stoned by the Stones! Completely.

Date: July 8, 2022 17:55

caschimann
PaintMonkeyManBlack
[www.nrc.nl]

It's not worse at all. It's very Stones dedicated, very impressed, very positive.
Yes all in a creative, sometimes strange wording - but the writer was overwhelmed.
Stoned by the Stones! Completely.

Every review from this tour i saw where 5 stars. This one is three

Date: July 8, 2022 18:20

slewan
some random observations and thoughts on the show…

The Ghosthound girls added a lot to the background vocals – so keep them but sack the Ghosthouds as an opening act.…

I think the three women from Ghost Hounds added some nice vocals … and it was pretty classy to include them in the final bow too, they seemed pretty thrilled. But I can’t agree on the Ghost Hounds as an opening act. I really enjoyed them, last night and in Pittsburgh last year. The guitar player may have money, but not likely as much as Mick, and I don’t think they bought their way there. And the lead singer … love him! I’ll happily go see them again if they’re playing near me!

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 18:39

So, I will defend Ronnie with a new thought. I am fighting cancer as well and I have IV treatments every 21 days and I take pills everyday. Somedays you seem good and some days are foggy. Typically after an IV infusion, fatigue and a general fog can set in. I don't know if this is in fact a cause but give the cancer fighting man a positive prayer.

Tom in NC

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 8, 2022 19:01

Just a few notes:
- A few dozen empty but sold seats
- Extra applause for showing the Ukranian flag during Gimme Shelter
- Additional reaction to Paint it black because it was a hit in NL in the 90's because of the TV series about the Vietnam War (if I remember correctly).
- Ghost Town seemed to be the "I buy a beer now"-song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-08 20:52 by MAF.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 8, 2022 19:03

jjflash73
So, I will defend Ronnie with a new thought...

Tom in NC

Prayers to you too, Tom.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 19:11

SomeTorontoGirl
slewan

The Ghosthound girls added a lot to the background vocals – so keep them but sack the Ghosthouds as an opening act.…

I think the three women from Ghost Hounds added some nice vocals … and it was pretty classy to include them in the final bow too, they seemed pretty thrilled. But I can’t agree on the Ghost Hounds as an opening act. I really enjoyed them, last night and in Pittsburgh last year. The guitar player may have money, but not likely as much as Mick, and I don’t think they bought their way there. And the lead singer … love him! I’ll happily go see them again if they’re playing near me!

He has a lot of money! He's a billionaire!

Date: July 8, 2022 19:19

hockenheim95
SomeTorontoGirl
slewan

He has a lot of money! He's a billionaire!

Well, the band sounded pretty good regardless!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 8, 2022 19:24

jjflash73
So, I will defend Ronnie with a new thought. I am fighting cancer as well and I have IV treatments every 21 days and I take pills everyday. Somedays you seem good and some days are foggy. Typically after an IV infusion, fatigue and a general fog can set in. I don't know if this is in fact a cause but give the cancer fighting man a positive prayer.

Tom in NC

Best wishes and prayers to you, Sir - to me Ronnie Wood's solo sounded impressive. Once again best regards to jjflash73.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 8, 2022 19:27

Positive prayers, definitely, to you jjflash73 and to Ronnie, for the lingering aftereffects, if any.

Congrats, STG for your improved position in the crowd.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 8, 2022 19:56

keefriffhards
EasterMan

I loved what Ronnie played at Hyde Park 1, with the same sort of raw unleashed power of the solos he unleashed last year in the US, I think they're great and a new development of the band sound, and maybe an expression of the tough sh*t he's been through with his health. The above poster, however, indeed is a piece of crap and belongs in a skip.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 8, 2022 20:40

I feel quite indignant on Ronnie's behalf by some of the comments on this thread. He is an extraordinary musician and an unfailingly optimistic man. Of course, people are entitled to express critical opinions of the band, particularly if they know what they are talking about, but some of the comments are downright inhumane. To me, Ronnie sounded fine, and sometimes very good indeed, in Liverpool and Hyde Park, although he looks fragile. But even if I (and others) are wrong and his playing isn't what it used to be/enjoyable to some people, have a bit of humanity. He's been through two bouts of cancer recently, the latest will have involved very aggressive treatment, and we have no idea what his health is like. Charlie is gone. One day, possibly soon, they won't play any more. I continue to marvel at the music and showmanship they are still producing so late in the game.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 8, 2022 20:45

my thoughts on ronnie

td and smu sounded terrible that's not new i can only think of a handful of solos from those songs he's done in the last ten years that were any good

the rest of the show he was fine not his best but he's allowed an off night every now and then with what he's been thru

and what hell is with the casual way we bring up the idea (and i'm not entirely innocent of this myself) of ronnie stepping down and being replaced

many of us understandably lost our collective sh-t when when charlie died and steve replaced him

but when ever the same idea is floated of replacing ronnie there's no endless chant of no ronnie no stones

seriously he's stood on that side of the stage for nearly half a century

decades longer then taylor or jones that doesn't garner him a similar level of respect that we give to charlie?

it's a reasonable conclusion to reach that without him the rolling stones would have broken up decades ago

and yet many of us seem to still view him as little more then a hired gun who could and should be casually replaced when he can no longer play a solo right that he could never play well to begin with

and that's not to say that if for whatever reason ronnie had to step down and they found a replacement that he approved of that i wouldn't support it

i would

but at least give that idea the seriousness and weight that it and ronnie deserves

now one final thought for people criticizing him for not be as energetic and fun onstage

put yourself in his place for a minute

your pushing 80

you've just recently been thru 2 bouts with very serious lung cancer that is very likely to return and you likely will not survive

you have two little girl that you know you won't be able to see grow up and that will have to live with losing there father at a young age

on top of all this you've recently lost a band member and friend of nearly 50 years

now with this loss and and thoughts of your pending mortality weighing heavily on your mind

gather your strength to go onstage and play the lovable clown and guitar for a stadium of people for 2 hours

repeat a dozen times over two months

good luck

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 8, 2022 20:57

Lady Jayne
I feel quite indignant on Ronnie's behalf by some of the comments on this thread. He is an extraordinary musician and an unfailingly optimistic man. Of course, people are entitled to express critical opinions of the band, particularly if they know what they are talking about, but some of the comments are downright inhumane. To me, Ronnie sounded fine, and sometimes very good indeed, in Liverpool and Hyde Park, although he looks fragile. But even if I (and others) are wrong and his playing isn't what it used to be/enjoyable to some people, have a bit of humanity. He's been through two bouts of cancer recently, the latest will have involved very aggressive treatment, and we have no idea what his health is like. Charlie is gone. One day, possibly soon, they won't play any more. I continue to marvel at the music and showmanship they are still producing so late in the game.

+1

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 8, 2022 21:04

Nikkei
Lady Jayne

+1

well said

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1388
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home