Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 02:47

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Anyone know if Ronnie's shirt is a one-off, or is it commercially available? That was my first show and would love to find one! (Oct. 18, '81 Candlestick, you can read the ticket in his video post)

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: July 8, 2022 03:54

Christiaan
Can’t You Hear Me Knocking?
[youtu.be]
That is awesome

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 8, 2022 05:36

perkmo
Christiaan
Can’t You Hear Me Knocking?
[youtu.be]
That is awesome

X2 cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2022 06:45

I see no reason to complain about Steve (especially - the dude is doing AWESOME) or Sarah... Ronnie I get... but Mick's jacket and the stage... awful!!!!

Y'all complaining about the performances need to get a head check! Look at that horrific jacket!!! And that horrendous stage!!!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 8, 2022 08:26

GasLightStreet
I see no reason to complain about Steve (especially - the dude is doing AWESOME) or Sarah... Ronnie I get... but Mick's jacket and the stage... awful!!!!

Y'all complaining about the performances need to get a head check! Look at that horrific jacket!!! And that horrendous stage!!!

yeah the stage has grown on me

but that jacket looks like it was made out of some old lady's drapeswinking smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 8, 2022 08:27

I really enjoyed the show yesterday, wow they played it f*cking loud, my ears are still ringing, don't know if thats normal, its my first Stones show since A Bigger Bang 2007. Actually I also think the screens are big enough, maybe it makes you look at the performers more, cause who wants to look at screens all the time? Thats like watching a dvd at home right? And they added extra screens on the side this time I believe. Mick was hilarious with his Dutch Frans Bauer comments, he cracked a joke about the farmer protests in Holland, and he looked back at Kurhaus 1964 I think it was, which became a riot. Sure there were some mistakes by Keith and Ronnie, but thats what makes them The Rolling Stones, theyve always screwed up some intros or solos, its live music, its not a slick pre-recorded pop concert or something. I really loved it, we had a great evening! 5 stars!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-08 08:29 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: July 8, 2022 08:43

With my LD i ended up in Diamond pit A. I had a very great evening.
The support act was quite ok. Not really my cup of tea but not bad. The Stones themselves were really on fire. They played great with CYHMK and Midnight Rambler as highlights. A lot of Mick Jagger in Dutch (loving it!!) and also the footage of the Kurhaus during the show. They really made it up very well. I went home with a big smile on my face.

Posted by: Hutchence ()
Date: July 8, 2022 08:47

Mabru
The support act was quite ok. Not really my cup of tea but not bad. The Stones themselves were really on fire. They played great with CYHMK and Midnight Rambler as highlights. A lot of Mick Jagger in Dutch (loving it!!) and also the footage of the Kurhaus during the show. They really made it up very well. I went home with a big smile on my face.

You GOT the Diamond Pit or you made your way to Diamond Pit ? smiling smiley
From what I've read here, most folks got 420/430 sections...

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: July 8, 2022 08:52

Hutchence
Mabru

You GOT the Diamond Pit or you made your way to Diamond Pit ? smiling smiley
From what I've read here, most folks got 420/430 sections...

I GOT Diamond pit tickets!

I was also surprised about the amount of professional cameras and also one above the audience. I was wondering did they record the show for a future release?

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 8, 2022 09:01

You Got The Silver
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 8, 2022 09:04

rtr
JJF [www.youtube.com]

Thank you for sharing my YouTube thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 8, 2022 09:55

First - as was the case 3 weeks ago - there were no signs directing to the Box Office. Lucky Dips are usually at a separate box office, and most staff at the Stadium didn’t know what they even were, let alone where they were. Finally found the place way at the back after walking forever.

I was pretty crushed, after having the first show cancelled and coming all this way back, to open the LD envelope and find tickets in the rafters. I asked the woman at the LD counter if they could be improved in the circumstances, and she said No. so I asked where to find Guest Services - pretty standard at any venue. She said they were near my gate inside the stadium. Waited in line for a hour, got in, and asked for Guest Services, only to be told they have none. We were directed back to the main box office, outside. A guy scanned us out and we found the main box office - backing on the LD box office - closed. Tried the LD office again as we were there - nope. Tried about 3 other offices and counters at various places inside. One woman actually made a call. No Guest Services, no way to change a ticket. This took about 90 minutes or so.

Reluctantly accepting defeat, we trudged back into the stadium and headed for the rafters. Approaching our section entrance, it was kinda adding insult to injury that it was right beside the entrance to Pit B. One guy, staffing both entrances, looked at our wristbands and waved us in. To the Pit. I’m such a damn little rule follower that I was going to argue but sanity prevailed and I blindly obeyed the guy, expecting to be turned back, but at every entry point we were waved forward until we were on the floor, Gold Circle, at the Pit entrance. Knowing that we’d never get past that last hurdle, we hung out in GC. Noticed that Pit B wristbands were the same colour as LD. Still not willing to be sent off to the rafters, as the fellow at the Pit gate was checking everything closely, we wandered over to Pit A. Usually a different colour wristband, was surprised to see them the same. And the staff weren’t looking too closely.

Suffice to say, I was still wildly annoyed at the shambolic administration that had me endlessly trudging around the stadium in futile search for a service they don’t provide and, after enjoying the hell out of the Ghost Hounds, my fragile morals crumbled. I’m very ashamed. What a great damn concert! grinning smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 8, 2022 10:08

Well done !smiling smiley

sc uk

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 10:09

ProfessorWolf
daspyknows
For those watching at home via there phones and think it sucked, I beg to disagree. Real solid show IMHO.

can't wait to hear your recording if you choose to share

are you doing brussels as well or any others?
Would also be very eager to hear it if you recorded and willing to share, your recordings are always the best.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 10:10

@SomeToeontoGirl, brilliant story, very well told. I did say opportunities arise and upgrades do happen. I'd have done the same as you winking smiley.

Date: July 8, 2022 10:16

Amazing show. Still in Stones heaven. CYHMK wow. Nothing better than Keith blasting out full power while you're directly in front of the huge speakers.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 8, 2022 11:01

SomeTorontoGirl
First - as was the case 3 weeks ago - there were no signs directing to the Box Office. Lucky Dips are usually at a separate box office, and most staff at the Stadium didn’t know what they even were, let alone where they were. Finally found the place way at the back after walking forever.

I was pretty crushed, after having the first show cancelled and coming all this way back, to open the LD envelope and find tickets in the rafters. I asked the woman at the LD counter if they could be improved in the circumstances, and she said No. so I asked where to find Guest Services - pretty standard at any venue. She said they were near my gate inside the stadium. Waited in line for a hour, got in, and asked for Guest Services, only to be told they have none. We were directed back to the main box office, outside. A guy scanned us out and we found the main box office - backing on the LD box office - closed. Tried the LD office again as we were there - nope. Tried about 3 other offices and counters at various places inside. One woman actually made a call. No Guest Services, no way to change a ticket. This took about 90 minutes or so.

Reluctantly accepting defeat, we trudged back into the stadium and headed for the rafters. Approaching our section entrance, it was kinda adding insult to injury that it was right beside the entrance to Pit B. One guy, staffing both entrances, looked at our wristbands and waved us in. To the Pit. I’m such a damn little rule follower that I was going to argue but sanity prevailed and I blindly obeyed the guy, expecting to be turned back, but at every entry point we were waved forward until we were on the floor, Gold Circle, at the Pit entrance. Knowing that we’d never get past that last hurdle, we hung out in GC. Noticed that Pit B wristbands were the same colour as LD. Still not willing to be sent off to the rafters, as the fellow at the Pit gate was checking everything closely, we wandered over to Pit A. Usually a different colour wristband, was surprised to see them the same. And the staff weren’t looking too closely.

Suffice to say, I was still wildly annoyed at the shambolic administration that had me endlessly trudging around the stadium in futile search for a service they don’t provide and, after enjoying the hell out of the Ghost Hounds, my fragile morals crumbled. I’m very ashamed. What a great damn concert! grinning smiley

Morning STG,

That's the best thing that I'll read today- brilliant work and am thrilled for you!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 11:05

Some Vids:
Happy: [youtu.be]
Sweet Virginia: [youtu.be]
You Got the Silver: [youtu.be]
Tumbling Dice: [youtu.be]
Street Fighting Men: [youtu.be]
Ghost Town: [youtu.be]
Out of Time: [youtu.be]

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 8, 2022 11:16

Was a really fun show yesterday. Street Fighting Man didn't hit as hard as I hoped, but Let's Spend The Might Together kicked things into a higher gear. Thought Rambler and Knocking were the highlights of the night, they clicked well on those two tracks.

Mick was great as always, Ronnie solid, not Keith's greatest night but he was there when he really needed to be. The sound was dreadful, especially during the first half of the show. As much as I tried, I could barely hear Keith. However, what I heard around me is that people in other sections were pleasantly surprised by the sound, so I guess that was just bad luck for me.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 8, 2022 11:22

SimonN
STG,

That's the best thing that I'll read today- brilliant work and am thrilled for you!

Cheers,

Simon.

Cheers, Simon!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 8, 2022 12:18

SomeTorontoGirl

I was on the edge of my seat reading your post. Fantastic ending!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 8, 2022 12:21

Some great photos by BV on the review page. I am loving all of Ronnie's t shirts last night!

Posted by: robv ()
Date: July 8, 2022 12:49

There is something terribly wrong with Ronnie. That's my main impression from Amsterdam yesterday. He completely messed up his solo's on TD, CYHMK, and more. Seemed he didn't have a clue what he was doing, or what key the song was in. Got through the first half of the show relying on muscle memory alone. Keith started looking worried. During GS Keith took over fills that Ronnie would normally do. In the break before the encore they apparently instructed the sound guy to turn down Ronnie to nearly zero. Keith took the two solo's in SFTD where Ronnie would normally do the second. Ronnie was limited to waving to the crowd and throwing plectrums. Alzheimer or Korsakov?
It's Mick's show nowadays. He could do the Chuck Berry routine for another twenty years: touring on his own with a local bar band for accompaniment, limiting the repertoire to the singalongs. Nobody would mind, except for Keith.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 8, 2022 13:20

NilsHolgersson
I really enjoyed the show yesterday, wow they played it f*cking loud, my ears are still ringing, don't know if thats normal, its my first Stones show since A Bigger Bang 2007.
Had the same experience in Munich where I have been in the stands. Must have been the loudest Stones show I've ever been too (actually only the second half, the first half was almost too quiet). I actually love it loud but as with everything that is fun there is a certrain point where it just gets too much. Above a certain point of volume you just don't hear anything clearly anymore, it's all just one distored, undefined roar. I have the suspicion that it might be to cover for the fading abilities of the guitar department, but that's just my opinion...

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: July 8, 2022 13:21

robv
There is something terribly wrong with Ronnie. That's my main impression from Amsterdam yesterday. He completely messed up his solo's on TD, CYHMK, and more.

Nothing terribly wrong, his TD solo was better than usual yesterday, and no big problems on CYHMK. In general Ronnie struggles with the SMU and TD solos, but they are nice when he hits a fitting improvisation. Too much freedom? When checking out a new Stones show, I usually make sure to hear those 2 solos, as you never know whats going to happen. For the more low-key solos and fixed stuff, I think he's doing fine, great even.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 8, 2022 13:25

SomeTorontoGirl

I dealt with similar issues. I had pit B and went to line up at checking. There they tell me I don't need a wristband and sent me to gate which says I do so walk all the way back to be told I don't need a wristband. I start to get upset explaining no one knows anything and a girl at the vip wants to give me a number to call. Not making international calls so complained to another person who got a supervisor to walk me back under the stadium during soundcheck. Couldn't hear much. Got to gate and he explained things to security. No search whatsoever for pit although gold circle got a patdown. Easy getting my gear in. Biggest 2 pet peeves was no bottled war for sale. Luckily I had empty bottles to fill in bathroom and Amsterdam shirt not available in 2XL. lot buying a 40 Euro shirt that will shrink and no longer fit.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 8, 2022 13:42

some random observations and thoughts on the show.
A very strong show (but I mighht impressions might be influence by the fact that I finally made it to the golden circle).
First of all the the sound was very LOUD and very clear. Some times Ronnie's guitar was so loud it cut to your bone.
Nice to see SFM return. Some early disappointment came with LSTNT. The performance was fine but the song replaced 19th Nervous Breakdown (which is the highlight of the tour – at least for me).
I knew that Sweet Virgina was to win the song vote because some lady in front of me already had the setlist. But I quickly look away because I wanted to be surprised…
Sweet Virgina was very good, still I was a little bit dissapointed (maybe I because I waited so long for that song.
CYHMK came as a complete surprice for me – since I tought it was already time for Honky Tonk Women and becaue I tought CYHMK was as one-off for Hyde Park. A great choice and some rough and fierce guitar playing from Ronnie. Jagger said something like he/they/Ronnie could/should do it/continue the song 'for ever and ever' – I wish Jagger was serious on that.
Very good HTW and a very good Keith set
Midnight Rambler ((featuring Hellhound On My Trail snippets) – rough and nasty take no prisoners-version. I was surprise how many people survived – just great.
Rest of the show = rest of the show, same songs as always but most of them very great performances and the band leant into most of them. Every SMU sounded great.

The Ghosthound girls added a lot to the background vocals – so keep them but sack the Ghosthouds as an opening act.
Sometimes Ronnie looked tired and sometimes he had to work hard on acting like Ronnie but in the last third of the show he somehow found the old Ronnie (fooling around etc.)
Jagger – I noticed he made some little mistakes, most notable at the beginning of Sympathy

But a great show and VERY LOUD. People hwo forgot their earplugs might he half deaf for the next couple of days…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-08 13:43 by slewan.

Date: July 8, 2022 13:43

Ronnie was really good yesterday. Very suprised to hear different experiences.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: July 8, 2022 13:44

SomeTorontoGirl
What a great damn concert! grinning smiley

Ow yes it was!
Great story STG... from 426 to the pit... well done.
I was in GA, and had a grrreat night smiling smiley

See you next time...

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: July 8, 2022 13:54

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Ronnie was really good yesterday. Very suprised to hear different experiences.

Wow. His playing was just awful yesterday. Don’t know what’s going on with him.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1559
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home