Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13
Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 8, 2022 00:20

From Johan Cruijff ArenA:

[twitter.com]

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 8, 2022 00:22

Green Lady
DiegoGlimmerStones
An Harmonica solo on CYHMK would be great

That's an interesting idea - if they can't copy the original jam, create a new one (and it would stop Mick from getting bored)

It's an excellent idea, and it worked great back during the Licks tour, but some people seem to really like the new mini-version during this current mini-tour.
Whatever the case, in this day and age of short attention spans, seems to be the right way to approach as some tend to get bored with artistic and creative improv.
The fact is, it's actually starting to grow on me, but God forbid they ever shorten the sacred Midnight Rambler in half like that. GRRR......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Link to superior 11+ minute version with amazing solo from Bobby, and great harp solo from Mick at Madison Square Garden 2003. > Can't You Hear Me Knocking, MSG, 2003

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-08 01:49 by Hairball.

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 07-July-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()

Hairball
Keith's back to wearing a beanie again….

He looks like Jacques Cousteau. smiling smiley

Posted by: rtr ()

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: July 8, 2022 00:23

keefriffhards
Thru and Thru
keefriffhards
Ronnie on Tumbling Dice solo, that was pitiful, time for Ronnie to bow out, he's taking the piss out of these brilliant songs by Mick and Keith.

Either that or he's not well enough to play properly, either way bow out, lets have Taylor back or something because he's ruining the tour, he just can't cut it anymore and no one wants to admit it, least of all him.

If that's how you feel I don't think we've been watching the same show!
Go on then.

I'm sorry but he ruins most of his solo's, i don't know what he's playing at, and if you guys think he's playing great than i'm pleased for you, i'm out of here, if Keith botched everything like that there would be posters bashing him left right and center.
Cheers enjoy the tour guys, the amount of denial on here with Steve , Sasha and Ronnie is just too much.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: July 8, 2022 00:24

SomeTorontoGirl
Hairball

After HP2 I doubt we’ll ever see the back of his head again. Looked awful. Far more dignified in the hat.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: July 8, 2022 00:26

He should wear a trilby like it’s the 80’s cool smiley

Date: July 8, 2022 00:29

SomeTorontoGirl
Hairball

YES! Wait until they get to Lyon and Paris, and Keith starts speaking in French...and wears a wetsuit like Jacques...

"C'est bon d'être ici, c'est bon d'être n'importe où..."

smiling smiley

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 8, 2022 00:33

So Keith dropped Connection…Too bad

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: July 8, 2022 00:39

OK... For all those pointing out all the mistakes and miscues. A few points...

Keith and Ronnie are well past their prime. I know it. You know it. And they know it. Ronnie isn't Mick Taylor and he isn't even Ronnie in his prime. Keith's mess ups are right there for all to see. They both play very prominent parts so their mistakes are not going to get covered up very well.

So have they "jumped the shark?" I really don't think so. Jagger has also lost a step or two from his prime. But The three main guys are smart enough to surround themselves with top notch backing musicians and the best back line team in the business. Put it all together and it's still a hell of a show.

My sister is not a huge fan of the band. I took her to one of the U.S. shows last year. She was blown away. And she doesn't drink the Kool-Aid like most of us here.

The moral of the story is this: If you're looking for things to criticize with Keith, Ronnie, Sasha or anyone on stage, you'll find something to point out and you'll be right. But I'll take the total of 2 minutes of mess ups to get the remaining 2 hours of magic.

As they show more and more rust, do I hope they wrap it up after 60 years? Nope.

Date: July 8, 2022 00:40

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: July 8, 2022 00:43

vibrolux

Keith and Ronnie are well past their prime. I know it. You know it. And they know it. Ronnie isn't Mick Taylor and he isn't even Ronnie in his prime. Keith's mess ups are right there for all to see. They both play very prominent parts so their mistakes are not going to get covered up very well.

So have they "jumped the shark?" I really don't think so. Jagger has also lost a step or two from his prime. But The three main guys are smart enough to surround themselves with top notch backing musicians and the best back line team in the business. Put it all together and it's still a hell of a show.

My sister is not a huge fan of the band. I took her to one of the U.S. shows last year. She was blown away. And she doesn't drink the Kool-Aid like most of us here.

The moral of the story is this: If you're looking for things to criticize with Keith, Ronnie, Sasha or anyone on stage, you'll find something to point out and you'll be right. But I'll take the total of 2 minutes of mess ups to get the remaining 2 hours of magic.

As they show more and more rust, do I hope they wrap it up after 60 years? Nope.

Well said

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 8, 2022 00:46

Couldn't agree more, vibrolux thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: bjornone ()
Date: July 8, 2022 00:49

No 19th nervous breakdown? They better play it in Stockholm!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 8, 2022 01:01

vibrolux

You said

You said it so much more eloquently than me, sorry for my disrespectful outburst earlier, i regret it now, i think you just summed things up perfectly, great post vibrolux.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: July 8, 2022 01:11

My ranking of the shows I’ve seen so far:
1 Milano
2 Amsterdam
3 Munich

Today had some rough edges, but we were in Pit B, so we had that going for us, and let’s be honest: let’s spend the night together, sweet Virginia, can’t you hear me - those were great to hear.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 8, 2022 01:22

For those watching at home via there phones and think it sucked, I beg to disagree. Real solid show IMHO.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 8, 2022 01:28

Very nice first half of setlist! (From afar...)

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 8, 2022 01:36

Looking forward to all the 5 star reviews...thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 8, 2022 01:40

My thoughts:

Ronnie had a good show tonight.

Best Rambler out of the 4 show's I've seen.

CYHMK always good to hear.

High-energy show for sure!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 8, 2022 01:42

Jumpin’ Jack Flash

[youtu.be]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 8, 2022 01:55

vertigojoe
SomeTorontoGirl
Hairball

After HP2 I doubt we’ll ever see the back of his head again. Looked awful. Far more dignified in the hat.
I was actually suprised how much hair he still got.

Date: July 8, 2022 01:56

Can’t You Hear Me Knocking?
[youtu.be]

Date: July 8, 2022 02:03

Sweet Virginia

[youtu.be]

Date: July 8, 2022 02:04

Street Fighting Man
[youtu.be]

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 8, 2022 02:08

Just got home. It was great!
But terrible sound, very sharp and sometimes overblown (if that's good English?).
A concert incl. Street Fighting Men, Out Of Time, Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Sweet Virginia can't be bad in my opinion.

No Tour Book, you can't always get what you want, I suppose...

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 8, 2022 02:41

daspyknows
For those watching at home via there phones and think it sucked, I beg to disagree. Real solid show IMHO.

can't wait to hear your recording if you choose to share

are you doing brussels as well or any others?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home