Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Manfred Mann
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 5, 2022 04:07

Highly recommended. If you`ve got these, you really don`t need much more. After Paul Jones left, the blues was gone, as can be heard on the disappointing 1966 album As Is. Unfortunately I wasn`t able to put in an image of these three albums, but they are Five Faces of Mann (1964), Man Made (1965) and Soul of Mann (1967)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-05 04:10 by noughties.

Re: OT: Manfred Mann
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 5, 2022 08:02

Going to have to look into those. Got really into Manfred Mann's Earth Band the past few years. One of the reasons I am not going to Europe is I really also need bands I can't see here and this was one of the bands I looked to see if they would synch with Stones Stockholm or Berlin.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 5, 2022 08:11

Paul Jones turned down Brian Jones offer to join a band he was forming in 1962, which went on to become the greatest rock band in the world. I've Paul Jones signature

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 5, 2022 10:04

Got a few Manfred Mann releases. Certainly a great 60s British invasion band.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: July 5, 2022 10:39

Paul Jones and Tom McGuinness still tour as ‘The Manfreds’ and play a good selection of the original band’s blues material and solo work. A really entertaining night out and they come out to meet the fans in the interval and are very approachable. They are also celebrating their 60th anniversary this year.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 5, 2022 10:39

Never an album band but they had a string of excellent singles from 64 till 69. Having said that, their soundtrack to Up The Junction is excellent and really captures that late mod turning into psychedelia mode that the Stones touched on with Between The Buttons.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 6, 2022 01:35

Today these albums and others too have got the "classic" tag, which means they are reissued, but quite pricey. I was chasing these albums in the used markeds during the 90s and 2000s on the net and elsewhere. There`s some irony to this.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 6, 2022 02:21

Elmo
Paul Jones and Tom McGuinness still tour as ‘The Manfreds’ and play a good selection of the original band’s blues material and solo work. A really entertaining night out and they come out to meet the fans in the interval and are very approachable. They are also celebrating their 60th anniversary this year.
Completely agree with you there.thumbs up
I saw them at The Epsom Playhouse Theatre back in March, and for less than 25 quid, it was a really great gig.
Paul and Tom still look so young looking and great musicians, all of the Band.
Will always remember watching this live on Top of the Pops back in 1965.

The girls really seemed to love Paul Jones back then. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home