Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 19 of 20
Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 5, 2022 12:57

SimonN
EddieByword
From what I saw it was pretty random. I did see a couple of cameras as big as yours nearby but that doesn't mean everyone got theirs in.
ie. I had all my food taken off me (sandwiches and fig rolls no less) except the crisps but the girl I was with got all hers in ..so it seemed like it depended on who was doing the searching.

Hi Eddie,

That nonsense does my head in...crisps deemed okay, but a big 'no' to a couple of sandwiches and a fig roll or two? Load of old bollocks innit, hah-hah!

As you say, it is all down to who searches you...

Cheers,

Simon.

I know, and he actually told us, "if you want to eat them you can but you'll have to go to the back of the queue and come back later"............confused smiley

Me: Enjoy your fig rolls mate........

Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 5, 2022 13:03

EddieByword
SimonN
EddieByword
From what I saw it was pretty random. I did see a couple of cameras as big as yours nearby but that doesn't mean everyone got theirs in.
ie. I had all my food taken off me (sandwiches and fig rolls no less) except the crisps but the girl I was with got all hers in ..so it seemed like it depended on who was doing the searching.

Hi Eddie,

That nonsense does my head in...crisps deemed okay, but a big 'no' to a couple of sandwiches and a fig roll or two? Load of old bollocks innit, hah-hah!

As you say, it is all down to who searches you...

Cheers,

Simon.

I know, and he actually told us, "if you want to eat them you can but you'll have to go to the back of the queue and come back later"............confused smiley

Me: Enjoy your fig rolls mate........

Hi Eddie,

Sorry mate but that actually gave me a chuckle, hah-hah! Pathetic innit...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: July 5, 2022 13:34

The first concert my two relations just walked in with their rucksacks, no attempt of a search.

Luck of the draw.

Date: July 5, 2022 13:38

Tumlin73
The first concert my two relations just walked in with their rucksacks, no attempt of a search.

Luck of the draw.

Hi Mike,

Nice one!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 5, 2022 13:46

SimonN
Hello,

Looking for some advice from those who were lucky enough to get to either (or both, you swine!) of HP1 or HP2.

Covid allowing, I'm meant to be going down there for Pearl Jam this weekend and as ever, am looking to take a few photos. Based on what you saw, would I stand a chance of getting this camera and bag in with me? Rubbish CD by some old band included to give an idea of size...

Thanks!

Simon.

There were signs up asking you to prepare your bag for a search. Apparently some were also asked to empty their pockets. We sailed through, though. We were near the head of the queue and I think they wanted to get things moving. Saw a couple of DSLRs once in position. I took a steel hip flask through the metal detector and noone tried to stop me. A small victory. Hope you're well soon.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: July 5, 2022 13:49

Yeah you’ll be fine with that camera. I sailed through with mine.

Date: July 5, 2022 14:01

Hi Iain & Matt,

Kool &...thanks for that!

Right, back to the Lemsip.

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: lox ()
Date: July 5, 2022 16:36

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-05 16:41 by lox.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: July 5, 2022 17:14

RisingStone
slewan
Angie, You Go Me Rocking and Like A Rolling Stone – three songs that I definitely don't wanna hear. Well done since we won't hear any of these in Amsterdam nor Brussels winking smiley

You get ahead of methumbs upgrinning smiley

At least half of the interchangeable songs chosen last night are among the ones I don’t want to hear played live anymore (Angie, LARS, YGMR). If the setlist of HP2 had gone down like this, I’d have gone home happy (here I try to be as realistic as I can).

1. Get Off Of My Crowd
2. 19th Nervous Breakdown
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Out Of Time
5. Fool To Cry
6. You Can't Always Get What You Want
7. Ghost Town
8. Mother’s Little Helper
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. You Got The Silver
11. Happy
12. Miss You
13. Midnight Rambler
14. Start Me Up
15. Paint It Black
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Jumping Jack Flash
18. Gimme Shelter
19. Satisfaction

That being said, LARS and YGMR are among the best versions I have ever heard. As someone claims above, I felt Steve’s “power drumming” suit a straitforward hard rocker like YGMR.

slewan
rayrad
how funny was mick last night too?

"welcome to the american express, british summer time, super-spreader covid event!"

not very funny – some people here reported that they caught Covid at the first Hyde Park show

I wore an FFP3 mask all the way on both dates, at least while the Stones were playing.

Well, I told you so…

Funny enough this was exactly what I was hoping for.. Fool to Cry and MLH. I was also hoping T&A would be added to Keefs set. Still had a great time though and really enjoyed both shows.

Posted by: lox ()
Date: July 5, 2022 17:33

It was so much fun to see the band again after 4 long years! Even though I was not terribly excited about the setlist (I could have done without Angie and YGMR...) the two Singin Sixties openers were cool, especiallybecause everyone on stage seemed to have a lot of fun. Midnight Rambler was quite interesting, very harp-heavy, stripped down to an almost album-like version.

Overall I had a great time, met a very nice couple from L.A. and enjoyed the day a lot. The BST organisation was fantastic!

Finally some pictures I took, enjoy!

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: July 5, 2022 18:27

Could the swine who owns the GRRRolling Stones facebook group please at least credit me Raph Pour-Hashemi on my photos - I don't mind people using them but you could at least credit me - and you are definitely lifting them from here.

I've written messages on your FB page but they've been ignored.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 5, 2022 18:55

vertigojoe wrote:

(1) "Really bizarre guitar levels at times. Like watching Shine a light (...) I thought both played really poorly last night compared to Anfield".

Judging by the clips ( I wasn't there), my impression is different.

(2) "Maybe they don’t play Brown Sugar anymore because out of all Keith’s signature intro’s that’s the one he can’t pull off anymore?".

Keith still plays strongly the intros of JJF, SMU, CYHMK, YGMR (etc), so why do you think he would have serious problems with BS, particulary? Yes, sporadicallly or rarely he "@#$%& up" (I remember atleast 3-4 bothced BS's intros in 2003), but that was happening with orher songs too, since 1978 or 1981... I think they don't play BS anymore for other reasons. Perhaps it has to do with the situation in the USA and the racism against Afro- Americans, in the last (?) years.

Posted by: oxegen ()
Date: July 5, 2022 18:58

SimonN
Tumlin73

Luck of the draw.

Hi Mike,

Nice one!

Cheers,

Simon.

In my queue, we were asked to empty our pockets but I just ignored that request. I put my small bag and ‘phone in the tray but no one examined the contents. The app failed to work for me at the venue. I went to the box office and got sorted with a paper ticket. Other people seemed to be having similar problems.

Date: July 5, 2022 19:13

oxegen
SimonN
Tumlin73
Luck of the draw.
Hi Mike,
Nice one!
Cheers,
Simon.

In my queue, we were asked to empty our pockets but I just ignored that request. I put my small bag and ‘phone in the tray but no one examined the contents. The app failed to work for me at the venue. I went to the box office and got sorted with a paper ticket. Other people seemed to be having similar problems.

Hi Oxegen,

Good to hear- well, the search bit at least!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 5, 2022 19:39

raphph
Could the swine who owns the GRRRolling Stones facebook group please at least credit me Raph Pour-Hashemi on my photos - I don't mind people using them but you could at least credit me - and you are definitely lifting them from here.

Thanks for sharing those great photos, raph - and lox, too!

Might want to watermark your photos. Lots of other sites nick their content from IORR. Unfortunately far too may don't extend the simple courtesy of a credit.

Date: July 5, 2022 19:41

SimonN
Tumlin73

Luck of the draw.

Hi Mike,

Nice one!

Cheers,

Simon.

Have a great time.

Shame we couldn’t meet up.

Date: July 5, 2022 19:53

Tumlin73
SimonN
Tumlin73
Luck of the draw.
Hi Mike,
Nice one!
Cheers,
Simon.

Have a great time.

Hi Mike,

Yes indeed- for one reason or another, circumstances conspired and made either show a non-starter.
It would've been ace to meet for an ale or two, so in a purely selfish manner I'm really hoping these aren't the last London shows, hah-hah!

All the best,

Simon.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 5, 2022 20:27

vertigojoe
Maybe they don’t play Brown Sugar anymore because out of all Keith’s signature intro’s that’s the one he can’t pull off anymore? Thanks for listening.

The only problem for Keith these days with the Brown Sugar intro is that he sometimes takes a bit too long break between the 12th fret and 5th fret.

In 2017 he played the intro with this delayed timing on some shows, which made Charlie come in off beat in Spielberg. But the intro was flawless in the 2019 versions I've listened to. I'm sure they could pull it off if they wanted to. It's a shame they stopped playing it because I think it's a much more essential live song than Gimme Shelter, Paint It Black, Miss You, SFTD and others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-05 20:29 by EasterMan.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 5, 2022 23:31

raphph

Yeah, not cool :-(
So what camera did you use ? Hopefully it's a compact 1" so I could consider getting one to replace my HX*90V ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 6, 2022 00:12

SimonN
Tumlin73
SimonN
Tumlin73
Luck of the draw.
Hi Mike,
Nice one!
Cheers,
Simon.

Have a great time.

Hi Mike,

Yes indeed- for one reason or another, circumstances conspired and made either show a non-starter.
It would've been ace to meet for an ale or two, so in a purely selfish manner I'm really hoping these aren't the last London shows, hah-hah!

All the best,

Simon.

Fingers crossed.thumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 6, 2022 00:25

Tumlin73
SimonN
Tumlin73

Tumlim, hi, where's your write-up of being in the Diamond pit?
Interested to hear!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 6, 2022 03:04

EasterMan
vertigojoe
Maybe they don’t play Brown Sugar anymore because out of all Keith’s signature intro’s that’s the one he can’t pull off anymore? Thanks for listening.

The only problem for Keith these days with the Brown Sugar intro is that he sometimes takes a bit too long break between the 12th fret and 5th fret.

In 2017 he played the intro with this delayed timing on some shows, which made Charlie come in off beat in Spielberg.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 6, 2022 03:17

I got down to Hyde Park Corner a lot later than I was hoping for to meet up, and made my way to The Swan Pub, but somehow took the long way round and didn't know anyone who was there.
Met a few Stones fans for a chat and then took bus to Leicester Square and met a few more fans there.

Running late, but got to the same place in the Park as last Saturday and it was gone 8pm.
Between West Entrance and Garden Entrance I would recommend, if there are any more gigs happening at The Oak Stage and money is tight, let's face it, only about 30 metres away from the fans who were paying to get in.

Got my 'Blanket on the Ground' as the song goes, and grabbing one of the sarnies I had with me and the gig was starting.

Really loving it with great sound as last week was, and everyone enjoying it including their dogs running around.
Great atmosphere out there and six differant songs on the set list, before I made my way to Hyde Park Corner, listening to Miss You and Midnight Rambler again.

No transport problems this week and got back home before 11.30pm

A great afternoon and evening out for me, and looking forward to a couple of local pub gigs in the next week.

To be honest, I get as much enjoyment these days as watching some pals of mine playing in a local pub on a weekend usually.
Always a good crowd, and friends who get down The Oak in Kingston, The Black Lion in Surbiton and fairly soon The Cabbage Patch in Twickenham have got a Sunday afternoon and evening of some great acts. smileys with beer

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 6, 2022 09:25

Hairball
daspyknows
jumpingjackflash5
Yes mobile phone recordings sound good played back on mobile phone. Elsewhere they sound usually flat. Stones' sound is great and much richer.

Sorry, they are unlistenable everywhere IMHO. Judging performance by watching a phone stream is like sampling a fine restaurant by looking at a menu online. Sure that dish looks like it will taste good but only actually using your senses to decide will determine if its any good.

On the other hand, when looking at a picture of a trainwreck, you can get a pretty good idea of what has taken place - you don't have to physically be in that trainwreck to know it's not a nice place to be.
That said, I agree it's not nearly the same when listening to a phone stream vs. actually being there, but there's usually enough info in the phone streams to give a realistic impression to make a rational judgement.

Sort of the same way we can look at a negative post made by someone thousands of miles away and know they have no basis in their opinion. If you aren't there, those of us who are know critical observations are generally put forth by bitter, jealous people who are only happy when criticizing. It gives them a false sense of belonging. Very sad...

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 6, 2022 09:37

Hairball
EasterMan
StonedRambler
EasterMan
Totally misses Charlie's groove in my opinion. Sorry but can't enjoy that version.
Most songs do. It is what it is. I kinda learned to get used to it and enjoy Steve's interpretation of the songs. But surely Charlie is deeply missed.

Yeah I agree. This version is particularly bad also because Keith forgets it's time for a verse after his solo.

Steve doesn't have the groove, and Keith screwed it up, but even with Charlie it never really sounded like a good Stones tune to me.
The chorus sounds like something corny Motley Crue would have written and recorded "Hey, Hey...", and it hasn't aged well at all.

Are you serious or just seeking attention? This is a fan site and you make comparisons to Motley Crue? Maybe you should get a life and go to a show. Wow.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 6, 2022 10:35

Anyone know why Christone Kingfish Ingram didn't. Play? To be honest, he was the only support I had any real interest in seeing.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 6, 2022 10:47

lox
It was so much fun to see the band again after 4 long years! Even though I was not terribly excited about the setlist (I could have done without Angie and YGMR...) the two Singin Sixties openers were cool, especiallybecause everyone on stage seemed to have a lot of fun. Midnight Rambler was quite interesting, very harp-heavy, stripped down to an almost album-like version.

Overall I had a great time, met a very nice couple from L.A. and enjoyed the day a lot. The BST organisation was fantastic!

Finally some pictures I took, enjoy!

Great, great pictures!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-06 10:59 by caschimann.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 6, 2022 10:56

[www.youtube.com]

Excellent version of Happy with Keith who controls. Here, Steve Jordan is top and brings a nice energy to the song, it reminds me the fantastic versions with the Winos (only missing the great Waddy Wachtel... smiling smiley)

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-06 10:56 by powerage78.

Date: July 6, 2022 12:51

teleblaster
Anyone know why Christone Kingfish Ingram didn't. Play? To be honest, he was the only support I had any real interest in seeing.

Hi there teleblaster - as far as I can see he did play. He performed on the Hard Rock Rising Rainbow stage, not the Great Oak stage, which was a shame as I would have liked to have seen him too.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 6, 2022 13:45

Manofwealthandtaste
teleblaster

Hi there teleblaster - as far as I can see he did play. He performed on the Hard Rock Rising Rainbow stage, not the Great Oak stage, which was a shame as I would have liked to have seen him too.

Yes he did — twice (4:20-4:50 and 5:40-6:20). I caught the first set and the band was smoking, his guitar play unbelievable!

The Rainbow Stage was situated at the far end of the north side of the event site, the opposite of the Great Oak Stage — you may have easily missed it had you not paid attention.

Both Hyde Park shows were blessed with quality lineups (remember, these were festivals) — Phoebe Bridgers, The War On Drugs, Cortney Barnett, Sam Fender…a mouthwatering array of top musicians. Definitely an advantage over most of the other tour dates where the audience is treated to a lousy starter. Ghost Hounds, anyone?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 19 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1872
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home