Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 18 of 20
Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Gram ()
Date: July 4, 2022 23:45

Nikkei
daspyknows
jumpingjackflash5
Yes mobile phone recordings sound good played back on mobile phone. Elsewhere they sound usually flat. Stones' sound is great and much richer.

Sorry, they are unlistenable everywhere IMHO. Judging performance by watching a phone stream is like sampling a fine restaurant by looking at a menu online. Sure that dish looks like it will taste good but only actually using your senses to decide will determine if its any good.

The analogy wouldn't be looking at a menu more like looking at someone's food pics on the insta. Which should give you a general idea of what was served.

Not if the pictures had been compressed to such a degree that you couldn’t see the depth of colour (for example) and they appeared flat on the screen. I was there last night, they sounded incredible

Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 4, 2022 23:48

Gram
Nikkei
daspyknows
jumpingjackflash5
Yes mobile phone recordings sound good played back on mobile phone. Elsewhere they sound usually flat. Stones' sound is great and much richer.

Sorry, they are unlistenable everywhere IMHO. Judging performance by watching a phone stream is like sampling a fine restaurant by looking at a menu online. Sure that dish looks like it will taste good but only actually using your senses to decide will determine if its any good.

The analogy wouldn't be looking at a menu more like looking at someone's food pics on the insta. Which should give you a general idea of what was served.

Not if the pictures had been compressed to such a degree that you couldn’t see the depth of colour (for example) and they appeared flat on the screen. I was there last night, they sounded incredible

What was served. I can see what things are on the table. I won't mistake the burger for the fries because the picture is bad flat or whatever.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 23:49

powerage78
You got me rocking (1994), the most recent track played last night. Welcome to the museum my friends drinking smiley

??? There were more than enough shows in the past where Start Me Up (1981) was the newest. Come on, they are a living museum,! What's wrong with that?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 4, 2022 23:55

At the risk of being told it's impossible to give an opinion based on phone recordings, videos, etc., I'll go right ahead and say that this was absolutely stunning.
Mick and the rest of the band give an awe-inspiring performance, and thankfully Sasha is back, and in full force. Epic. thumbs up

Silver Dagger
Absolutely outstanding version of Gimme Shelter last night. Sasha Allen is outrageously good.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: July 5, 2022 00:01

powerage78
You got me rocking (1994), the most recent track played last night. Welcome to the museum my friends drinking smiley
Arguably LARS is from 1995smoking smiley
Dosent matter really. Plenty of shows where the newest track was older than that

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 5, 2022 00:29

Hairball, I was at the show yesterday, and from where I was standing (GA) Gimme Shelter was one of the weakest numbers, very little Keith, so many gaps in what should be a thick soup of sound, overall very anemic. Miss You, as another poster mentioned, was almost without Keith.

Perhaps I'll take a look at the video and reconsider...(although, to be honest, I don't really want to revisit those two missteps)

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: July 5, 2022 00:30

Hi all. I was there last night. Golden circle at Anfield and absolutely loved that show. However I was way back in GA last night so that obviously colors your impression. A few points. The set list was too nostalgic for me. There’s good stuff post 78 but we didn’t hear it last night. Really bizarre guitar levels at times. Like watching Shine a light. This is not helped by the incredibly dry tones they both have at the moment. A little reverb or delay would be very flattering. As it is their weaknesses are really exposed. I thought both played really poorly last night compared to Anfield. Keith’s set was great. Steve Jordan is the perfect replacement for the irreplaceable. I love his “Pimp’s day off” dress sense. His joining the band finally makes sense of the presence of Darryl Jones. That bass solo is unforgivable. Maybe they don’t play Brown Sugar anymore because out of all Keith’s signature intro’s that’s the one he can’t pull off anymore? Thanks for listening.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 5, 2022 00:34

MarthaT, thanks for your impressions!
Hope you get to see another show on this tour.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 5, 2022 01:23

More than 24 hours later, I’m still marvelling at last night’s show. On the catwalk rail surrounded by so many thrilled people, all of us loving the show and the set list, it was a great night in the park. Grateful that Bjornulf, a few feet away, took such great pictures as mine are their usual garbage! And grateful for this site, without which I’d never have travelled to so many shows, or met so many really lovely, interesting people. From Matt’s museum to Ronnie Scott’s to the Troubadour, two shows in Hyde Park, and the wonderful guys in the IORR Band, this has been a great time in London. No idea if the future will bring us back here but we were here for this! Many thanks to all who made it so memorable.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 5, 2022 01:47

raphph
Finally finished going through my album from last night and so happy how it turned out - The weather, plus the iconic Hyde Park location meant some different shots to usual - utilising the trees and skyline

Here's the full album
[flic.kr]

And my instagram
[www.instagram.com]

Some great pictures, thanks ! What camera were they made with ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 5, 2022 01:47

Well said SomeTorontoGirl and so glad you enjoyed your stay here in London Town.

Loved Toronto on my two visits way back in the 80's and 90's.

I was outside in The Park for the two gig's and great sound, lovely people, and their pet dogs, all having a great time. smileys with beer

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: July 5, 2022 02:11

I watch all of the YouTube videos from DNewton98, Matt Lee, etc on my iPhone with earbuds and the sound is excellent. If you listen through the speaker of your phone or iPad it will likely sound flat.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 5, 2022 02:17

crawdaddy
Well said SomeTorontoGirl and so glad you enjoyed your stay here in London Town.

Loved Toronto on my two visits way back in the 80's and 90's.

I was outside in The Park for the two gig's and great sound, lovely people, and their pet dogs, all having a great time. smileys with beer

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you, I’d hoped our paths would cross. Glad you enjoyed the shows!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 5, 2022 07:48

Hairball
Never liked their cover versions of Like a Rolling Stone as Dylan's original is an untouchable classic, though I suppose it would be better than a shortened version of Can't You Hear Me Knockin'.

I was at HP1 and think CYHMK was the best version I've ever seen in public. It even beats The Fonda show. If you're at home watching a YouTube clip, you don't get it. You don't feel all that power coursing through your veins, you aren't there with thousands of people sharing the experience.

Date: July 5, 2022 08:20

roller99
Hairball
Never liked their cover versions of Like a Rolling Stone as Dylan's original is an untouchable classic, though I suppose it would be better than a shortened version of Can't You Hear Me Knockin'.

I was at HP1 and think CYHMK was the best version I've ever seen in public. It even beats The Fonda show. If you're at home watching a YouTube clip, you don't get it. You don't feel all that power coursing through your veins, you aren't there with thousands of people sharing the experience.

I take it you weren't at the May 20th, 2013 show at Staples Center where they played a superior full length version of Can't You Hear Me Knockin' featuring most of the original band members who played on the studio version;
including Mick Taylor and Bobby Keys. Glad you enjoyed the abbreviated version at HP1 that was performed without Mick Taylor, Bobby Keys, and Charlie, and that you felt all that power coursing through your veins.

Date: July 5, 2022 08:38

Just scrolled back through this thread, and opened your album on flicker - amazing shots. One after the other...all 125 of them...really puts you there...excellent. Thanks raphph. thumbs up
Now just waiting for Dean Goodmans review to be put up on the official show page here on IORR. Always a good read.> ( HP2).

raphph
Finally finished going through my album from last night and so happy how it turned out - The weather, plus the iconic Hyde Park location meant some different shots to usual - utilising the trees and skyline

Here's the full album
[flic.kr]

And my instagram
[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 5, 2022 09:46

I think there is little doubt that LIAGT will return in Amsterdam. Biggest crowds of the tour in London, they haven’t ‘dumped’ it (some very odd language out there).

Mother’s Little Helper wouldn’t work in such a big park setting and Mick/Keith knew it.. to go with the crowd pleasers from the off worked, the crowd was more into into it than HP1.

Loved seeing LARS live literally on the other side of Park Lane from where the 1995 video was shot in the Grovesnor ballroom.don’t underestimate how much impact that song had in the 90’s on younger fans like me, Stripped following on the back of Voodoo Lounge was fantastic. YGMR always goes gown well live and I was glad to hear it 8 years after Madrid 2014. Big sound, bit different to the preceding set and I enjoyed it

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 5, 2022 10:02

hockenheim95
powerage78

??? There were more than enough shows in the past where Start Me Up (1981) was the newest. Come on, they are a living museum,! What's wrong with that?

Nothing but a fact, nothing new, back catalog, total nostalgia in spite of what Mick has always said. Yes, the museum remains open and its often unequalled works accessible to the public, and that is the main thing

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 5, 2022 10:44

Is the tree on the left of the stage real?

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 5, 2022 11:22

No,it's a prop, albeit a good one!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 5, 2022 11:26

I liked it better with trees on both sides. Now it looks like they couldn't finish building the stage

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 5, 2022 11:29

I did get a laugh when Mick mentioned Keith in regards to climbing the tree.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 5, 2022 11:42

Hello,

Looking for some advice from those who were lucky enough to get to either (or both, you swine!) of HP1 or HP2.

Covid allowing, I'm meant to be going down there for Pearl Jam this weekend and as ever, am looking to take a few photos. Based on what you saw, would I stand a chance of getting this camera and bag in with me? Rubbish CD by some old band included to give an idea of size...

Thanks!

Simon.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 5, 2022 12:01

daspyknows
I did get a laugh when Mick mentioned Keith in regards to climbing the tree.

I thought Mick said that Keith was hiding behind the tree.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 5, 2022 12:09

slewan
rayrad
how funny was mick last night too?

"welcome to the american express, british summer time, super-spreader covid event!"

not very funny – some people here reported that they caught Covid at the first Hyde Park show

I think Mick was taking piss of the promoters. He was probably obliged contractually to mention American Express British Summer Time from stage as a part of promotion and he did it his way.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 5, 2022 12:17

SimonN
Hello,

Looking for some advice from those who were lucky enough to get to either (or both, you swine!) of HP1 or HP2.

Covid allowing, I'm meant to be going down there for Pearl Jam this weekend and as ever, am looking to take a few photos. Based on what you saw, would I stand a chance of getting this camera and bag in with me? Rubbish CD by some old band included to give an idea of size...

Thanks!

Simon.

saw plenty people with bags of a similar/larger size (small rucksacks etc) in GA - i too am heading back down for PJ x 2!

Date: July 5, 2022 12:34

yorkshirestone
SimonN
Hello,

Thanks!

Simon.

saw plenty people with bags of a similar/larger size (small rucksacks etc) in GA - i too am heading back down for PJ x 2!

Hi YS,

That's great- appreciate your help!

I know there are no guarantees about getting the camera in...it'll be up to the discretion of the security staff as to whether they deem it 'pro' or not (perhaps if I showed them a few of my snaps, they'd realise it definitely isn't, hah-hah!).

Here's to a decent weekend...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 5, 2022 12:49

SimonN
Hello,

Thanks!

Simon.

From what I saw it was pretty random. I did see a couple of cameras as big as yours nearby but that doesn't mean everyone got theirs in.
ie. I had all my food taken off me (sandwiches and fig rolls no less) except the crisps but the girl I was with got all hers in ..so it seemed like it depended on who was doing the searching.

Date: July 5, 2022 12:52

EddieByword
From what I saw it was pretty random. I did see a couple of cameras as big as yours nearby but that doesn't mean everyone got theirs in.
ie. I had all my food taken off me (sandwiches and fig rolls no less) except the crisps but the girl I was with got all hers in ..so it seemed like it depended on who was doing the searching.

Hi Eddie,

That nonsense does my head in...crisps deemed okay, but a big 'no' to a couple of sandwiches and a fig roll or two? Load of old bollocks innit, hah-hah!

As you say, it is all down to who searches you...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 5, 2022 12:53

Done tweeted and thanks

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 18 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home