Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 15 of 20
Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 4, 2022 09:39

Justin
YGMR sounded great to me. Steve adding some different but still a good groove. Pleasantly surprised. Ronnie's solo is delicious. Great stuff.

Bang on Justin. Couldn't agree more.

Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 4, 2022 09:46

Totally misses Charlie's groove in my opinion. Sorry but can't enjoy that version.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 4, 2022 09:54

EasterMan
Totally misses Charlie's groove in my opinion. Sorry but can't enjoy that version.
Most songs do. It is what it is. I kinda learned to get used to it and enjoy Steve's interpretation of the songs. But surely Charlie is deeply missed. It became clear despite playing so minimalistic how unique and hardly imitable he is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 09:57 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 4, 2022 09:58

StonedRambler
EasterMan
Most songs do. It is what it is. I kinda learned to get used to it and enjoy Steve's interpretation of the songs. But surely Charlie is deeply missed.

Yeah I agree. This version is particularly bad also because Keith forgets it's time for a verse after his solo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 10:00 by EasterMan.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:32

Silver Dagger
Justin
YGMR sounded great to me. Steve adding some different but still a good groove. Pleasantly surprised. Ronnie's solo is delicious. Great stuff.

Bang on Justin. Couldn't agree more.

I agree - I am not usually a fan of YGMR live but it sounded great last night

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:35

StonesSmeth99
Keith on fire last week but ‘dropping off’ for the rest of the tour now? Utter garbage.. those with a certain mindset will look for the slightest weakness and extrapolate to make up for not being there, or living in a 1981 perma-dream (they’re better now..).
Hyde Park sound is not ‘great’ unless you’re in exactly the right spots (Topi knows where)-they take back control from Amsterdam onwards.

I thought the show last night was awesome - better than Liverpool (which was also a great show). The sound where I was sounding in the Diamond Pit was excellent. Mick sang brilliantly and Keith was on fire. Fantastic show.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:38

Why do people bring their babies/infants/small children to events like this?
I saw at least four small children who were clearly not having a good time and were crying.
Some of them without hearing protection. What those parents don't get, is that even with protection, a baby's hearing can get damaged at concerts, it's too sensitive.

In my opinion, children under four years of age should not be allowed in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 11:53 by Papo.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:40

EasterMan
StonedRambler
EasterMan
Most songs do. It is what it is. I kinda learned to get used to it and enjoy Steve's interpretation of the songs. But surely Charlie is deeply missed.

Yeah I agree. This version is particularly bad also because Keith forgets it's time for a verse after his solo.

Steve doesn't have the groove, and Keith screwed it up, but even with Charlie it never really sounded like a good Stones tune to me.
The chorus sounds like something corny Motley Crue would have written and recorded "Hey, Hey...", and it hasn't aged well at all.

Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:41

This is one of these pics where Mick looks a bit like it's 1967. Fascinating that two photographers shot it simultaneously

bye bye johnny

Samir Hussein/WireImage

bye bye johnny

Suzan Moore/PA

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:46

Silver Dagger
Lovely to hear Angie again last night - one of 5 set list changes from last week.

What a great, great version!!!

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:49

Any reviews in the press so far?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:58

Oriongalaxy

What about your review? You're writing a lot before a show but you never share experiences afterwards smiling smiley Did you catch a good spot?

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:01

Hyde Park #2 was great - videos going up here [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:05

Papo
Why do people bring their babies/infants/small children to events like this?
I saw at least four small children who were clearly not having a got time and were crying.
Some of them without hearing protection. What those parents don't get, is that even with protection, a baby's hearing can get damaged at concerts, it's too sensitive.

In my opinion, children under four years of age should not be allowed in.

Pure vanity and ego.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:13

I literally saw a baby in the gold circle. Not older than a couple of weeks/days(?).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 11:19 by BowieStone.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:19

hockenheim95
Oriongalaxy

What about your review? You're writing a lot before a show but you never share experiences afterwards smiling smiley Did you catch a good spot?

Sure.I will share my thoughts with pleaseure.
We started queuing around 12.40, around 13 we went inside Gold Circle East and we had great spot just next to the rail.
The show was absolutely great in my eyes. Some surprises like Angie or Get off..not to mentione my favourite song by Bob Dylan

I'm asking about press reviews just because of photos. I didn't take much at the beginning...

Posted by: dierdz ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:22

MartinB
BowieStone
Topi
Gotta say I liked HP1 more, but tonight was fun as well. Great sound and view at the soundboard.

Yes, me too. HP1 was much better, b
ut still enjoyed this one.

Agree, I feel the same.

It is complete personal, but I feel the set list from HP2 was much better than the HP1.

I was in HP1 and would love to have been there yesterday. But it is because I love GOMC, You got the silver, Like a Rolling Stone, Happy...

This set list looks more rocker than the first one, isn't it? Also Can't Always get should be very emotional in the HP.

Bueno, creo que al final siempre quiero ir a los shows a los que no pude ir. You can't always get what you want eye rolling smiley

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:26

BowieStone
I literally saw a baby in the gold circle. Not older than a couple of weeks/days(?).

I both do and don’t believe this simultaneously. That’s madness. Although… my mom saw the stones while pregnant with me. I call that my 0th show

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:27

Mick just used two of my pictures www.Instagram.com/raphph for his Instagram I’m so happy

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:37

raphph
Mick just used two of my pictures www.Instagram.com/raphph for his Instagram I’m so happy

congrats that is very cool plus these are good pics

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:39

Honestly, I can't understand those who say that the version of YGMR was weak...
It was a very strong and energetic version.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:54

Loved the crowd

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:54

laertisflash
Honestly, I can't understand those who say that the version of YGMR was weak...
It was a very strong and energetic version.
I can understand both sides. I also agree it was strong and energetic but on the other hand it has a bit of an AC/DC groove. A bit static, not so swinging as Charlie would have played it. But it is what it is. I got very much used to Steve's playing during this tour and I can enjoy it but I can understand if people are distracted by it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 11:55 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:55

EasterMan
True that is. It's a different band now that charlie fell off the boat. But I'm stoked that they're still sailing.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:55

Hey everybody, can you please give me an advice:
Since so many years here are 2 Waldorf & Stadlers on our site driving me nuts with their always negative, destructive posts. Everything is bad, sad, wrong about the Stones. Everything was better in the past. Everything should be so or so.
Written in an arrogant, teaching, all knowing way. As if they stand high above the band. And us. And: All judged by Moble videos!!!!!! Annoying output out of their obviously frustrated minds. Of course they are also right here in this thread.
Should I write direcly to them?
Should I swallow, try to ignore and scroll down like in the last years?
Should I pay them money for leavin IORR?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 11:58 by caschimann.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:58

strat72
Anyone who judges a bands performance on some footage filmed with a phone is an imbecile. We are drowning in imbeciles on IORR.

smileys with beer Review post with the most truth.

As far as setlists go, I am all for dropping any song to play something different. I bet Ghost Town back in Amsterdam. Damned if they play same set, damned if they don't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 12:06 by daspyknows.

Date: July 4, 2022 12:02

I like Steve Jordan's drumming a lot and it didn't distract me at all yesterday, except for the first half of Midnight Rambler, but no worries, turned out to be a great version nonetheless, on of the highlights for me yesterday.
He absolutely is the right guy for the job now that CW is not there anymore. The band are very tight, I even enjoyed the warhorses a lot.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: July 4, 2022 12:04

daspyknows
strat72
Anyone who judges a bands performance on some footage filmed with a phone is an imbecile. We are drowning in imbeciles on IORR.[/quote

smileys with beer Review post with the most truth.

Very true, but nothing new.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 4, 2022 12:16

dierdz
MartinB
BowieStone
Topi
Gotta say I liked HP1 more, but tonight was fun as well. Great sound and view at the soundboard.

Yes, me too. HP1 was much better, b
ut still enjoyed this one.

Agree, I feel the same.

It is complete personal, but I feel the set list from HP2 was much better than the HP1.

Note that I wasn't comparing just the setlists, I was comparing the performances as a whole. To me, Hyde Park #1 was just better overall.

I was pleasantly surprised they changed so many songs for the second night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 13:21 by Topi.

Date: July 4, 2022 12:30

I am all for setlist changes, even if it means that they skip one of my favourites and play one of my least favourite live songs. But hey, it's up to them what to play.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 15 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2072
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home