Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 20
Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 4, 2022 03:28

Hairball

This entire mini-tour has been a bit unorthodox with Mick getting sick, Sasha missing a show, not to mention the long 11 day break between Liverpool and Milan, and the long 8 day break between Hyde Park I and II...

Well, all their tours have been "mini-tours" since, what, 2012 now?

When does a mini-tour become a tour, and is there a maxi-tour? winking smiley

Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()

Samir Hussein/WireImage

Samir Hussein/WireImage

Date: July 4, 2022 03:32

Suzan Moore/PA

Date: July 4, 2022 03:33

Suzan Moore/PA

Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 4, 2022 03:57

Another wonderful version of Midnight Rambler last night.

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: July 4, 2022 04:06

Topi
Hairball

This entire mini-tour has been a bit unorthodox with Mick getting sick, Sasha missing a show, not to mention the long 11 day break between Liverpool and Milan, and the long 8 day break between Hyde Park I and II...

Well, all their tours have been "mini-tours" since, what, 2012 now?

When does a mini-tour become a tour, and is there a maxi-tour? winking smiley

I’d say they’re right up there doing a ‘multi’ tour. smoking smiley

Date: July 4, 2022 04:08

Lovely to hear Angie again last night - one of 5 set list changes from last week.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 4, 2022 05:31

peoplewitheyes
Just made it home, had a fun time, but I thought Keith was frequently very weak tonight. Gimme Shelter sounded so thin, no chugging guitars, and Miss You was almost no guitar at all. I thought they sounded much more muscular at Twickenham 3 years ago. For such a huge band the sound is really thin at times, although I'm not a fan of Daryl's playing, I wish they'd crank him up to fill out the huge spaces left by a frequently absent Keith.

On the positive side, Mick was excellent as ever, and the crowd was much younger and mixed than I had expected.

From Matt Lee's great videos Keith sounded pretty energetic on Happy, but alot of the other tunes he seems to be losing his focus again - same happened in the US '21 about half way through the tour.
Hopefully he makes a rebound in Amsterdam, otherwise it might all be downhill from here. Maybe Ronnie needs to step up more to help fill the void.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 05:32 by Hairball.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 4, 2022 05:54

11 of 19 from the 1960s.

I get that there are enough songs from the 1960s to fill an entire set list but that's not celebrating 60 years, which, obviously, is only 60 years as live music as an existence, not as a creation.

There are not quite 5 other decades involved, specifically - 3 years shy, actually - even though it's 4 new songs plus a new album in the Twenty Hundreds and one single in the Twenty Teens - they still count.

Nothing new in the Twenty Twenties yet to make 5 decades.

Not that that actually matters - but playing something as recent as 1994 in celebrating 60 years and leaving out Living In A Ghost Town?

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: July 4, 2022 05:54

Hairball
he seems to be losing his focus again - same happened in the US '21 about half way through the tour.

Not really true, that was just something made up by a few users here last year after Keith messed up his solo on Sad Sad Sad and people made a big deal out of it, while in reality his playing was pretty much on the same level the whole tour.

Keith has routinely made a lot of mistakes this tour, don't see any reason to think he's losing his focus now when his playing has been very similar the whole tour.

Date: July 4, 2022 06:11

A new opening number - Get Off Of Of My Cloud -

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 06:44

Anyone who judges a bands performance on some footage filmed with a phone is an imbecile. We are drowning in imbeciles on IORR.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 4, 2022 06:59

strat72
Anyone who judges a bands performance on some footage filmed with a phone is an imbecile. We are drowning in imbeciles on IORR.

Wrong and pointless opinion.

Audio is audio. Screwups are heard regardless of format. There are plenty of live vinyl and CD bootlegs pre-smartphone with audible screw ups.

Date: July 4, 2022 07:03

Wondering if there's still any hope of a small show in London during this mini-tour that was talked about over and over...rumours of Royal Albert Hall, etc.
Some were convinced it was a given, but seems that ship might have sailed in to the sunset...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 4, 2022 07:26

I wouldn’t say these are ‘mini-tours’ To label them as such would suggest they still do the two-year marathons of old; which they don’t. They’ve changed their touring model since their return in 2012. A Bigger Bang marked the end of what they started with Steel Wheel and Urban Jungle.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 4, 2022 07:45

Hairball
Wondering if there's still any hope of a small show in London during this mini-tour that was talked about over and over...rumours of Royal Albert Hall, etc.
Some were convinced it was a given, but seems that ship might have sailed in to the sunset...

Why are you wondering this? It's not a mini tour. Who talked about it over and over? Who are the "some were convinced"? There was no ship.
Geeeeez......

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: July 4, 2022 07:47

Hairball

Where is there a slot for this? Starting today until the end, there are 3 days off before the subsequent show. Except for Berlin for which only has two days off. I will book a flight back to Canada the day after Berlin and eat my words if they do a club show after

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 4, 2022 07:52

RaiseTheKnife
Hairball
he seems to be losing his focus again - same happened in the US '21 about half way through the tour.

Not really true, that was just something made up by a few users here last year after Keith messed up his solo on Sad Sad Sad and people made a big deal out of it, while in reality his playing was pretty much on the same level the whole tour.

Keith has routinely made a lot of mistakes this tour, don't see any reason to think he's losing his focus now when his playing has been very similar the whole tour.

to me at least last year he seemed to not play quite as well after la 2

and this was sorta backed up by steve saying that after la they had the press off them and could loosen up or something to that effect

but he was still frankly playing just fine for him until the last two shows

where it was more noticeable that he was having some problems with certain songs but overall still played ok

and it didn't seem to me to be a lack of focus on his part by then leading to his problems playing but exaustion

hopefully with the extra break they've all had with mick getting sick and the week off between the hyde park shows keith will be well rested and energized for the rest of the tour

Date: July 4, 2022 07:53

MKjan
Hairball

Why are you wondering this? It's not a mini tour. Who talked about it over and over? Who are the "some were convinced"? There was no ship.
Geeeeez......

Evidently you weren't following along close enough in the days and weeks leading up to the tour...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 4, 2022 07:55

Perhaps my only setlist complaint of the tour is dropping their best new song in almost half a century

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 4, 2022 08:04

Hairball
MKjan
Hairball

Geeeeez......

Evidently you weren't following along close enough in the days and weeks leading up to the tour...

to be fair to hairball i do recall a lot of people talking about this

even during the last tour i remember people bringing up the possibility

and something about mick being involved in some documentary related the anniversary of the venue making it more likely

and also the possiblilty of this being there last tour and how they should end it at rah and hyde park

then repeated speculation about when they could even book the venue this summer

etc. etc. etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 08:06 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 4, 2022 08:11

It’s not a mini tour, but it isn’t a world tour either. The last world tour show was 02 Arena (3) in London 2007. The tours since 2012 are more like a South America summer tour, a Euro summer tour, a US summer tour etc.

I like the setlists, but I agree that it should be more of a celebration of 60years of music. It’s actually pretty easy to do since they always throw in a lot of 60s and 70s stuff. So if they did Sad Sad Sad, You Got Me Rocking, Out Of Control (why the hell don’t they start a show with that one????), Streets of Love, Just Your Fool and Ghost Town (which they do play), there’s all their decades represented. All of those songs have been played many times over in the last few years, so it’s entirely doable.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 4, 2022 08:14

ProfessorWolf
Hairball
MKjan
Hairball

Geeeeez......

to be fair to hairball i do recall a lot of people talking about this

even during the last tour i remember people bringing up the possibility

and something about mick being involved in some documentary related the anniversary of the venue making it more likely

and also the possiblilty of this being there last tour and how they should end it at rah and hyde park

then repeated speculation about when they could even book the venue this summer

etc. etc. etc.

That's right ProfessorWolf.

There was lots of discussion and speculation about RAH as a possibility for months on end...some even had "sources" saying there's a good possibility.
Oh well, I guess it was too good to be true...maybe Micks Covid sidelined the plans, or there were never any plans to begin with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 08:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 4, 2022 08:41

YGMR sounded great to me. Steve adding some different but still a good groove. Pleasantly surprised. Ronnie's solo is delicious. Great stuff.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 4, 2022 09:16

Dan
Perhaps my only setlist complaint of the tour is dropping their best new song in almost half a century

I don't think it has been dropped permanently. Two shows at the same venue means a lot of set list changes - I bet it will be back.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 4, 2022 09:29

Hairball
I don't think so and it's because of covid. Yesterday only the roadies of the stones had facemasks. Mick referred to the concert as the amex super spreader festival.
In a small club things are just too risky I think.

Date: July 4, 2022 09:31

Green Lady
Dan

I don't think it has been dropped permanently. Two shows at the same venue means a lot of set list changes - I bet it will be back.

For what it's worth, there were a lot of setlist changes between the two L.A. shows last year, yet Ghost Town was played at both.

L.A. #1
L.A. #2

Hopefully it makes it's return, but it could end up in the bin the same way Doom and Gloom, One More Shot, and countless other new tunes did.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 09:35

Keith on fire last week but ‘dropping off’ for the rest of the tour now? Utter garbage.. those with a certain mindset will look for the slightest weakness and extrapolate to make up for not being there, or living in a 1981 perma-dream (they’re better now..).
Hyde Park sound is not ‘great’ unless you’re in exactly the right spots (Topi knows where)-they take back control from Amsterdam onwards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 09:36 by StonesSmeth99.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 09:37

My only real complaint is that Ghost Town was dropped.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home