Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20
Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 4, 2022 01:47

Thank you London! We’ve had the best time playing two incredible shows at Hyde Park for this tour. Thanks for joining us

[twitter.com]

Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 4, 2022 01:47

Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 01:50

Irix, your video quality is amazing. Is that an Android or an iPhone?

And yes, I, too, am wondering if there was any mention of Brian?

Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 4, 2022 01:54

Great fun and professional as ever but didn’t feel the same connection with the crowd compared with my last show (Anfield). Keith’s set well received tonight and he had a crack at a Sympathy solo. I enjoyed the MR but harmonica Mike a bit odd in some of the songs. I missed SFM and not an enormous fan of either Angie or YGMR But they are certainly maintaining a pretty good standard - well worth seeing after 60 years !

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 01:54

Jagger’s vocals were magnificent - Keith went up a gear last week and continued in that vein tonight #imo
Familiarity may breed anti-climacticity for some but in itself that was a top show. Good to have a break in between shows tho sometimes - see you in Lyon!!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 4, 2022 01:55

No mention of Brian, but I am absolutely okay with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 01:56 by Papo.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 4, 2022 01:56

VoodooLounge13

Irix, your video quality is amazing. Is that an Android or an iPhone?

That are the Videos by Matt Lee - not mine .... smiling smiley

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:00

smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:05

Plink
Looks like the guy holding the setlist is wearing a 1969 Michael Fish Jagger Dress
(or a Seinfeld Puffy Shirt)

Mick remarked that he went to see Adele - "and I've got more sparkly dresses than she has".

Date: July 4, 2022 02:06

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:06

203rd London concert? I wonder at which point they started to count

Date: July 4, 2022 02:11

Most likely in 1962.

Date: July 4, 2022 02:12

Funny qoute by Mick tonight during the introduction of Ronnie:

"Please buy one of his setlists, he's got a young family to support".

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:16

Nice they started with off my cloud, but love street fighting man as an opener.

So chuffed they done Angie, brought a tear to my eye.

Thoughts about the Diamond vip will be forthcoming.

Seeing Jagger still perform, I know I want to go again plus the rest of the band.

Date: July 4, 2022 02:20

Date: July 4, 2022 02:24

What a gig! 6 different songs from last week......you can’t complain about that. We really are so lucky these guys are still performing at such an amazing level. Mick makes it very obvious they love performing in London, which has made these two shows special.

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:25

Papo
Funny qoute by Mick tonight during the introduction of Ronnie:

"Please buy one of his setlists, he's got a young family to support".

smiling smileyhe said something about Keith as well that made me laugh, when he took his shirt off after the first song: ‘ooh look, Keith’s warmed up already’. Plus the ‘welcome to the BST, American Express super spreading Covid event’ smiling smiley

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:28

So, we got four ‘new’ but I can only figure out that they dropped third standards: SFM, Sad Sad Sad (for example) and Ghost Town… did we get an extra song?

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:30

Green Lady
Plink
Looks like the guy holding the setlist is wearing a 1969 Michael Fish Jagger Dress
(or a Seinfeld Puffy Shirt)

Mick remarked that he went to see Adele - "and I've got more sparkly dresses than she has".

I believe it! Brenda has a killer wardrobe grinning smiley

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:36

I loved it and am glad I picked this week rather than last week. I was halfway back in GA and just watching on screens, but most of the people around me were engaged in the show, and a lot dancing. YGMR did what it says on the tin, went down well!

Only disappointment was no SFM. If they'd kept that as opener and swapped in GOMC for Tumbling Dice that would have been perfect.

I didn't stay right to the end because of last train home, it's not a problem if I can get out before the crowd. So I started moving back when Satisfaction started, and had a jolly time bopping my way out with various strangers along the way. Terrific fun as always.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:48

There was no wifi!

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:51

Wi-Fi was crap.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:52

hockenheim95
waterrats
Apart from Insta - almost no pics on Twitter, nearly no Fb streams ... what's going on with the Londoners? Strange...

They're enjoying the show :-)

Exactly - not to mention that it's quite often difficult to get online when many thousands of other people all concentrated together in one place are also trying to get online at the same time. As well as that, these mobile tickets refreshing every minute and using the brightest setting can run down batteries a lot more quickly than usual.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: July 4, 2022 02:53

woulda been nice had they mentioned Brian or put up a picture of him - but not surprised that they didn't -

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 4, 2022 03:10

From Keith:

"Gold rings on you all!"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 4, 2022 03:17

Back in the hotel and a couple of nightcaps. Fantastic show, Keith more focused than I've seen him in a while, Mick defying the laws of ageing. The audience around me was predominantly young and knew every word. If this is their last London show - and I do suspect that this might be the case - they did us proud. I don't even particularly like LARS, but Jagger, on particular, nailed it and possibly the best performance of this song that I have witnessed. Keith was totally focused on HTW - no fluffs - and his solo spot was impeccable. Don't be swayed by bad videos of audience singalong, this was a killer show without some of the overextended versions of the warhorses that we know so well. If this is my last Stones show, it was a f*cking belter! Hope you all enjoyed it as much as my pals did. Now for one last nightcap...

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 4, 2022 03:19

Just made it home, had a fun time, but I thought Keith was frequently very weak tonight. Gimme Shelter sounded so thin, no chugging guitars, and Miss You was almost no guitar at all. I thought they sounded much more muscular at Twickenham 3 years ago. For such a huge band the sound is really thin at times, although I'm not a fan of Daryl's playing, I wish they'd crank him up to fill out the huge spaces left by a frequently absent Keith.

On the positive side, Mick was excellent as ever, and the crowd was much younger and mixed than I had expected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 03:24 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 4, 2022 03:23

Taylor1
Was any mention of Brian

Nope.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 4, 2022 03:26

slewan

since they rehearsed 'Rainbow' in Amsterdam which was in the song vote, I guess they'll play that one…

And not do a vote at all? Juat play Rainbow again?

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: July 4, 2022 03:27

You Got Me Rocking sounds so flat without Charlie. Probably the worst version I've ever heard.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home