Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 20
Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 3, 2022 23:46

laertisflash
Bjorn wrote:

"LARS - not too shabby! They do it 10 000 times better than Dylan, these days..."

Not only "these days", IMO... Since the 90s I consider the Stones version as 100 times better than any Bob's live nerveless "meow"...
Bob is the greatest poet in the rock history, but I never liked him as live act.

the problem is that the Stones turned LARS in a singalong pop song

Re: Hyde Park #2 London UK 03-Jul-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Date: July 3, 2022 23:49

Start Me Up Clip [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 3, 2022 23:49

Pop song ?? The Stones did this ?? I don't think so...

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 3, 2022 23:50

slewan
laertisflash
Bjorn wrote:

"LARS - not too shabby! They do it 10 000 times better than Dylan, these days..."

Not only "these days", IMO... Since the 90s I consider the Stones version as 100 times better than any Bob's live nerveless "meow"...
Bob is the greatest poet in the rock history, but I never liked him as live act.

What problem are you talking about?
It's a f***ing great song and they playing it great!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()

Hairball
Mabru
They stopped with the songvotes during this tour? Only the first shows (except Liverpool) had it. So I am curious if Amsterdam still gets one because there was one for the original show

Seems to be the case.

This entire mini-tour has been a bit unorthodox with Mick getting sick, Sasha missing a show, not to mention the long 11 day break between Liverpool and Milan, and the long 8 day break between Hyde Park I and II...
Still eight shows to go, and we can only hope they go on without any more hiccups along the way. As for the song vote, seems it's always been a gimmick anyways, so it really won't be missed.

Agreed. I’ve always been very sceptical as to the openness of the vote winking smiley. On the plus side, hats off to Keith for changing up his 2 song set regularly. No more shows for me until Lyon on 19th. Yikes - that’s only 2 weeks away. Only done Liverpool and HP1 so far and I’m pleased with both.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()

slewan
Bjorn
LARS - not too shabby! They do it 10 000 times better than Dylan, these days...cool smiley

Dylan doesn't do it these days…
Not this tour but he did it at almost every show in 2019. And in a really weird way. Just speaking the words without any kind of real rhythm or melody.

Posted by: Hairball ()

slewan
laertisflash
Bjorn wrote:

And considering how many great original tunes the Stones could have played instead, LARS is a waste of precious setlist space...

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 3, 2022 23:52

Hairball
slewan
laertisflash
Bjorn wrote:

And considering how many great original tunes the Stones could have played instead, LARS is a waste of precious setlist space...

Not agree with you at all

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: July 3, 2022 23:53

I think the setlists this tour have been great. Don't want to be a setlist basher but HP2 is by a mile the worst one.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 3, 2022 23:54

Agree Iaertisflash! Yes, Dylan 1987, with Petty´s band - pure dynamite! After that it´s hard for me to listen to Dylan´s live recordings. Love most of his records, though.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: July 3, 2022 23:56

So... Living In A Ghost Town or You Got Me Rocking? ?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 3, 2022 23:57

dimrstone
Hairball
slewan
laertisflash
Bjorn wrote:

Not agree with you at all
The people at the shows love it, they jump and sing along to it and that speaks for itself.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 3, 2022 23:58

Ricky

YGMR

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 3, 2022 23:58

Was Hyde Park just Omaha'd??

Date: July 3, 2022 23:59

Gabriel [instagram.com]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:00

Hairball
No Ghost Town?

The one and only new/recent tune has bitten the dust...what a shame....

Probably because they're playing two shows at the same venue.

Six setlist changes from last week.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:02

Thommie
I think the setlists this tour have been great. Don't want to be a setlist basher but HP2 is by a mile the worst one.

A glaring omission by not playing Street Fighting Man...instead they play the mediocre You Got Me Rocking and a lousy cover of Like a Rolling Stone....
And still a bit shocked they abandoned the relatively new Ghost Town so suddenly...it was the only tune that kept them from being a pure nostalgia act.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:04

Irix
Ricky

YGMR

Thank You !

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:06

Apart from Insta - almost no pics on Twitter, nearly no Fb streams ... what's going on with the Londoners? Strange...

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:06

So great to see You Got Me Rocking in the setlist again! Such an underrated classic rocker! I guess Mick finally realised Ghost Town is not a good live song.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:07

waterrats
Apart from Insta - almost no pics on Twitter, nearly no Fb streams ... what's going on with the Londoners? Strange...

They're enjoying the show :-)

Date: July 4, 2022 00:08

Lorena [instagram.com]

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:11

hockenheim95
waterrats

You bet. Oc course, that's nice! When I'll be in Gelsenkirchen, I'll enjoy the shaow smiling bouncing smiley AND stream the show for all grinning smiley

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:13

waterrats
hockenheim95
waterrats

You bet. Oc course, that's nice! When I'll be in Gelsenkirchen, I'll enjoy the shaow smiling bouncing smiley AND stream the show for all grinning smiley

Thanks in advance !!!

Date: July 4, 2022 00:14

Gabriel [instagram.com]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()

waterrats
hockenheim95
waterrats

Not for me because I'll be there too :-P honestly I was there last week and I could hardly send a WhatsApp because of bad Internet connection. This will be the case for most people there.

Posted by: legin ()

TheBlockbuster
So great to see You Got Me Rocking in the setlist again! Such an underrated classic rocker! I guess Mick finally realised Ghost Town is not a good live song.
Agreed!thumbs up

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:16

DiegoGlimmerStones
Lorena [instagram.com]

Lorena was cut off just after the Satisfaction intro so I assume that's the last song. I've been following along here but did I miss the mention of Shelter? Did they play it?

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:20

All of us have our own personal preferences ("this song is better than the other", etc), but the fact is that the Stones played twice in the same city/venue and they probably wanted to "offer" some changes. They did it.

PS: Bjorn, we totally agree on the issue "Dylan"...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 4, 2022 00:30

ensd of SFTD + S

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 00:31 by maumau.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home