Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021
Current Page: 21 of 21
Re: The Rolling Stones In Mono
Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: March 8, 2023 11:04

The new mono box sold out pretty quick here in local (and national) recordstores so I expected the price to increase fast (like the first release) but all of a sudden, there was new stock and for a lower price too! Pretty weird since it is a limited, numbered item.

I thought I had pretty much resisted the Fear of Missing Out through februari, but I fell for it anyway and ordered a copy yesterday >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2023 11:15

ribbelchips

The new mono box sold out pretty quick here in local (and national) recordstores so I expected the price to increase fast (like the first release) but all of a sudden, there was new stock and for a lower price too! Pretty weird since it is a limited, numbered item.

Same on [www.jpc.de] - currently in stock for € 382.99 .

Date: March 8, 2023 11:22

I quess the demand wasn't THAT high, so maybe some scalpers/hoarders decided too get rid of it. Good for them.

I'm looking forward to the box, but I still can't get my head around the fact that they did include UK and US versions of Afthermath and Between the Buttons that are pretty similar, but left out Got Live if you want it and the fenomonal Get yer ya ya's out.

Date: March 8, 2023 12:45

ribbelchips

left out Got Live if you want it and the fenomonal Get yer ya ya's out

Probably because the box is just a collection of 13 studio albums plus two compilations: Flowers as well as 'Past Masters' (Stray Cats).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-08 13:00 by Irix.

Date: March 8, 2023 13:18

Yeah, that's it I quess. But since the ABKCO/Decca catalogue is not that big (I'm not talking about all those countless compilation albums) to me it's kinda weird that they're adding albums with more or less the same tracklists, and excluding the only two released sixties live albums. And Metamorphosis too. They were included in both the SACD and DSD collections. But it is what is is. Can't wait to unpack my box tonight!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2023 15:45

ribbelchips
Yeah, that's it I quess. But since the ABKCO/Decca catalogue is not that big (I'm not talking about all those countless compilation albums) to me it's kinda weird that they're adding albums with more or less the same tracklists, and excluding the only two released sixties live albums. And Metamorphosis too. They were included in both the SACD and DSD collections. But it is what is is. Can't wait to unpack my box tonight!

Well it's a Mono box so that's why Metamorphosis isn't in there like it was with the 1964-69 stereo box from 2010 and the SACD set. It isn't included in the new SHM release either.

Date: March 9, 2023 12:46

yeah, makes perfect sense..

Would be nice if ABKCO releases a half-speed mastered 180 gram stereo boxset that includes both mentioned live albums, Metamorphosis, (More) Hot Rocks and The Singles Collection. smiling bouncing smiley

And a REAL Stray Cats bonus LP with stuff like She's doing her thing, Hamburger to Go, Blood Red Wine ect...

Date: March 9, 2023 13:25

ribbelchips

Would be nice if ABKCO releases a half-speed mastered 180 gram stereo boxset that includes both mentioned live albums, Metamorphosis, (More) Hot Rocks and The Singles Collection.

ABKCO re-releases the Stereo-LPs separately (e.g. BTB, AM) - [www.Bravado.de] . TSMR, BB & LIB were re-released as 50th Anniversary editions. BB is re-released on Color-Vinyl during RSD 2023 - [www.ABKCO.com] .

(More) Hot Rocks was re-released in 2021/2022 as yellow RSD-Edition - [www.Platomania.nl] , [www.Bravado.de] - as well as Gold-Edition - [www.Walmart.com] , [www.Amazon.com] .

Metamorphosis on Hunter Green Vinyl (RSD 2020) - [www.jpc.de] , [www.BOL.com] .

The Singles-Collection on Vinyl was released as Volume 1 (1963-66) in 2022 - [www.Bravado.de] - and Volume 2 (1967-71) will probably released in 2023.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-09 14:20 by Irix.

Date: March 9, 2023 14:35

Yeah I know, too bad they kinda ignore the first 4/5 albums. Aftermath and Between the Buttons were released on 180 gram coloured vinyl (violet & turqoise) in 2019 and 2020.. And now they're releasing those two again.Same goes for Hot Rocks. Re-released in 2016 on black vinyl, then RSD version on yellow vinyl, last year a gold version.. But still no sign of Englands Newest Hitmakes, Out of Our Heads, 12X5, Now or December's Children and the live albums..

Sorry for going offtopic, by the way...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-09 14:35 by ribbelchips.

Date: March 9, 2023 14:45

ribbelchips

But still no sign of Englands Newest Hitmakes, Out of Our Heads, 12X5, Now or December's Children and the live albums..

Englands Newest Hit Makers - [www.Platomania.nl] , [www.jpc.de] . OOOH (UK) - [www.Platomania.nl] , [www.jpc.de] . Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out - [www.Platomania.nl] , [www.jpc.de] .

Maybe the other LPs will be re-released on Vinyl too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-09 14:50 by Irix.

Date: March 9, 2023 16:39

Yeah I'm aware of these 2003 releases, but those are al 20 year old No half-speed mastered cuts and the boxarts are pretty poor.. Thanks anyway..

Date: March 9, 2023 16:50

ribbelchips
Yeah I'm aware of these 2003 releases, but those are al 20 year old No half-speed mastered cuts and the boxarts are pretty poor.. Thanks anyway..

Have faith...I have a belief that if there is a way, ABKCO will find a way to squeeze any remaining moisture out of this 60 year old catalogue.

Next up for consideration, a re-release of the 1964-69 box set in stereo, at half speed (and if half speed is good, how long can it be before they try 1/4 speed?).

Queue it up for 2024! We'll get it on SHM as well to satisfy the likes of Ironbelly.

No one will leave unsatisfied!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 9, 2023 19:27

treaclefingers
ribbelchips

Have faith...I have a belief that if there is a way, ABKCO will find a way to squeeze any remaining moisture out of this 60 year old catalogue.

Next up for consideration, a re-release of the 1964-69 box set in stereo, at half speed (and if half speed is good, how long can it be before they try 1/4 speed?).

Queue it up for 2024! We'll get it on SHM as well to satisfy the likes of Ironbelly.

No one will leave unsatisfied!
Good one winking smiley
But there is no stereo for the best part of pre-Aftermath albums. Unless, they will hire Giles Martin together with the technology he used for Revolver to separate instruments and remix early albums to stereo.
In any case I am pretty satisfied with old West German London stereo CDs and with some 2002 SACD-hybrids. And BTW, their 2017-2022 stereo releases (50th Anniversary editions of TSMR, BB, LIB, TTPD (UK) and Hot Rocks) were pretty harsh comparing to the previous versions. For sure, SHM material did not play a thing for those.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 10, 2023 15:17

Irix
ribbelchips

Would be nice if ABKCO releases a half-speed mastered 180 gram stereo boxset that includes both mentioned live albums, Metamorphosis, (More) Hot Rocks and The Singles Collection.

ABKCO re-releases the Stereo-LPs separately (e.g. BTB, AM) - [www.Bravado.de] . TSMR, BB & LIB were re-released as 50th Anniversary editions. BB is re-released on Color-Vinyl during RSD 2023 - [www.ABKCO.com] .

(More) Hot Rocks was re-released in 2021/2022 as yellow RSD-Edition - [www.Platomania.nl] , [www.Bravado.de] - as well as Gold-Edition - [www.Walmart.com] , [www.Amazon.com] .

The Singles-Collection on Vinyl was released as Volume 1 (1963-66) in 2022 - [www.Bravado.de] - and Volume 2 (1967-71) will probably released in 2023.

Haven't picked up this one yet. Waiting for a price drop of some sort.

Date: March 10, 2023 15:55

VoodooLounge13

Could imagine that there might be a special combo-offer (with a price drop of some sort) of Volumes 1 & 2 combined.

Date: March 10, 2023 16:56

VoodooLounge13
Irix
ribbelchips

Did you get the mono vinyl box set yet Voodoo?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 10, 2023 22:03

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
Irix
ribbelchips

Did you get the mono vinyl box set yet Voodoo?

Yessir! Got it from Groovesland!!

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: March 29, 2023 18:27

I received my mono box this week.
I am totally impressed by the visual as well as the outstanding sound quality.

Before I decided to order, I watched some YT videos. I was a bit irritated that two different channels presented two different boxes, both of which have (a different!) number 1.
[youtu.be] Vinyl Rewind
[youtu.be] Melinda Murphy

Date: March 29, 2023 19:10

bernard90mike
I received my mono box this week.
I am totally impressed by the visual as well as the outstanding sound quality.

Before I decided to order, I watched some YT videos. I was a bit irritated that two different channels presented two different boxes, both of which have (a different!) number 1.
[youtu.be] Vinyl Rewind
[youtu.be] Melinda Murphy

The speculation became that everyone of the 'reviewers' got a box numbered '1'.

That aside, a spectacular boxset for sure. Known problems are 'dishing' of the vinyl for No. 2; some less than spectacular, though improved from 2016, covers; poorer quality cardboard box, with several customers receiving cracked boxes; and the inner sleeve NOT being poly-lined.

Aside from that these are truly excellent pressings and vinyl sounds spectacular. I had slight dishing with No. 2...I played everything absolutely no issues, skips, scratches. Pretty amazing. I replaced all the inner sleeves with poly-lined ones I purchased off Amazon and keep the set out of the actual box to minimize wear on the box (and have all the LPs in their own poly sleeves).

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 20, 2023 13:27

Is this the same release now on sale at the Universal official store for 320 ?

C

Date: September 20, 2023 13:50

liddas

There seems to be a price drop: €354.99 at [www.Bravado.de] , €359.99 at [www.jpc.de] . Still $374.99 at [Shop.ABKCO.com] , €349.99 on [www.Amazon.fr] and also €349.99 at [www.Fnac.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-20 14:15 by Irix.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 20, 2023 15:58

Irix
liddas

There seems to be a price drop: €354.99 at [www.Bravado.de] , €359.99 at [www.jpc.de] . Still $374.99 at [Shop.ABKCO.com] , €349.99 on [www.Amazon.fr] and also €349.99 at [www.Fnac.com] .

Ok, I just got it from the universal store at 320 euro - free delivery!

My birthday present!

C

Date: November 25, 2023 00:35

Rolling Stones In Mono (Color-LP) - € 275.40 - [www.Amazon.fr] .

Date: November 26, 2023 15:42

Irix
Rolling Stones In Mono (Color-LP) - € 275.40 - [www.Amazon.fr] .

Yes this is a good deal. Sort of what happened at the tail end of the original 2016 box set finally selling out at deep discounts before prices going through the roof and everyone lamenting how expensive they were.

If you want it and can afford it, get it now.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: November 27, 2023 14:33

BTW.Have this mono boxes the first LP self named 'ROLLING STONES' Decca red mono label with the short version "TELL ME"?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 27, 2023 14:56

tioms
BTW.Have this mono boxes the first LP self named 'ROLLING STONES' Decca red mono label with the short version "TELL ME"?
No. 'Standard' version with fade at 3.49.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021
Current Page: 21 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1135
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home