Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21
Re: The Rolling Stones In Mono
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: January 30, 2023 01:24

Mine arrived a week ago, opened it last night, very excited to open it properly, only taken it out of its box so far…also very excited (for no reason I can fathom) to have #00055

Posted by: blackadder ()
Date: January 30, 2023 02:13

Thanks for your reply. That's what i was afraid of. That they were sent out. It doesn't look good for my order. I had talks with 3 guys from amazon and i feel they are trained to frustrate the customers haha

I'm happy for you that you receive yours smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 30, 2023 07:58

blackadder
Thanks for your reply. That's what i was afraid of. That they were sent out. It doesn't look good for my order. I had talks with 3 guys from amazon and i feel they are trained to frustrate the customers haha

I'm happy for you that you receive yours smiling smiley

which amazon did you order from, amazon.co.uk?

I had an order there cancelled, but in November. I'm supposedly on track to receiving from amazon.fr this week.

Unless you got some sort of screaming deal from Amazon, you could cancel and you have lots of options still currently so don't despair...I do think they'll sell out faster than previously, but you have time.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 30, 2023 10:15

treaclefingers

Amazon Spain:

blackadder

Can someone confirm if he/ahe has or hasn't received it from amazon.es?

The orders were cancelled - [iorr.org] .

Date: January 30, 2023 10:28

Irix
treaclefingers

Amazon Spain:

blackadder

Can someone confirm if he/ahe has or hasn't received it from amazon.es?

The orders were cancelled - [iorr.org] .

Mine was never canceled. After the official announcement I received a shipping date between jan27-jan30. Then it became jan.30. So i'm curious if they will manage to ship it today and that i will receive it as well haha.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: January 30, 2023 11:04

at what price do they send it to you?

Date: January 30, 2023 11:14

mick64
at what price do they send it to you?

The old price from july. 297.50 including shipment costs

Date: January 30, 2023 11:55

What a lousy company this is. Now after i asked yesterday when my package will be send i got today a cancelation of my order. "Due to lack of availability we will not be able to offer the next product on your order..."

It's a disgrace to cancel it after it's released.

Date: January 30, 2023 13:50

Mono-Box (Color-LPs) - available again for € 359.99 - [www.jpc.de] .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 30, 2023 17:52

guyrachel
Mine arrived a week ago, opened it last night, very excited to open it properly, only taken it out of its box so far…also very excited (for no reason I can fathom) to have #00055

GuyRachel - how awesome for you!!! From where did you purchase yours???

Date: January 30, 2023 18:29

It came directly from ABCKO

Date: January 30, 2023 18:36

guyrachel
It came directly from ABCKO

Fab, that explains the low number...not that it makes any difference really, except...it does!

According to Canada Post I'm getting delivery [finally!] tomorrow.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 30, 2023 19:13

The Set debuts at #151 on the Billboard 200 this week with over 8,000 units, not bad for a box set.

[twitter.com]

Date: January 30, 2023 19:50

georgelicks
The Set debuts at #151 on the Billboard 200 this week with over 8,000 units, not bad for a box set.

[twitter.com]

Thanks for that Georgelicks...so, over 80% sold in that case in the presales.

Date: January 30, 2023 19:58

Let me know what number you get! X

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: January 30, 2023 20:27

treaclefingers
georgelicks

[twitter.com]

The Billboard 200 is an American chart, right? So, does this mean that from the 10k boxes available, 8000 were already sold in the USA? This does not make sense.

Date: January 30, 2023 21:45

georgelicks

In Germany it's #15 in the general Top-100 Album-Charts - [www.OffizielleCharts.de] , [www.MTV.de] .

Date: January 30, 2023 22:04

jackflash27
treaclefingers
georgelicks

[twitter.com]

The Billboard 200 is an American chart, right? So, does this mean that from the 10k boxes available, 8000 were already sold in the USA? This does not make sense.

It's simply conflating two points into one, I'm sure not to be taken literally, I didn't.

He's saying over 8000 units moved worldwide, AND number 151 on the US charts, and apparently #15 on the German charts...wow to that!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 30, 2023 22:45

jackflash27
treaclefingers
georgelicks

[twitter.com]

It moved over 8,000 units with streams included, on physical units it must be half of that or less.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 31, 2023 14:16

georgelicks
jackflash27
treaclefingers
georgelicks

[twitter.com]

It moved over 8,000 units with streams included, on physical units it must be half of that or less.

I doubt it as the digital release is up on streaming and download platforms for years. This is not new content, just a rerelease of already a digital available product. I doubt this box got so much streams over the last week!

Date: January 31, 2023 17:48

hockenheim95
georgelicks
jackflash27
treaclefingers
georgelicks

[twitter.com]

I doubt it as the digital release is up on streaming and download platforms for years. This is not new content, just a rerelease of already a digital available product. I doubt this box got so much streams over the last week!

From RIAA 1500 streams equal a sale and 10 songs equal an album. So to extrapolate, 1500 x 10 x 4000 sets (divided by 16 albums in each set) = 3.75 million streams.

Does that math look correct?

I guess the question for Georgelicks is, are the charts measuring each set as one unit, or 16 units as per the number of albums?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-31 21:27 by treaclefingers.

Date: February 6, 2023 20:51

Listening to disc one of stray cats right now...fabulous! It's been awhile since I've listened to this earliest stuff...way better than I remember!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: February 6, 2023 22:53

For all you big spender collectors out there, anyone do a side by side sound quality comparison with the new colored vinyl box vs the initial 2016 black vinyl mono set? I can only viably compare the 2016 mono box with original release mono ffrr copies. Sure, I have some original purchase US London mono copies from when I was a little kid to throw into the mix, but really those ffrr mono records simply sound much better in most cases(especially the first 3 albums) compared with the US London red labels. The original ffrr mono's do have a big full sound, and a beautiful soundstage, but compared with the 2016 mono box releases the bass/bottom sound is more present with the mono box set. One thing for sure, is the 2016 mono box vinyl is very quiet. I made sure to run all sides through my RCM before playing them BTW. Again, I'm curious how this new colored mono box stands up to the 2016 box sound wise. I'm pretty sure those of you that bought the new mono box are pretty darn happy with the sound quality. Another thing I almost forgot to mention is that 2016 mono vinyl is really crankable volume wise without distortion, so don't be afraid to turn em up loud!

Date: February 6, 2023 23:15

filstan

I'm curious how this new colored mono box stands up to the 2016 box sound wise.

The 2016 box and the 2023 box should use the same mastering by Bob Ludwig. Other than the small sound difference between black vinyl and color vinyl there should be no other differences sound wise.

Date: February 6, 2023 23:43

Irix
filstan

I'm curious how this new colored mono box stands up to the 2016 box sound wise.

The 2016 box and the 2023 box should use the same mastering by Bob Ludwig. Other than the small sound difference between black vinyl and color vinyl there should be no other differences sound wise.

Same mastering but new mother's I think. I read they cut a new laquer. Whatever the hell that means. There are apparently some subtle differences because of that but not much.

Anyway, I have never opened my 2016 box so I can't do that side by side. I might do that FFRR test as well but it'll have to be on a weekend.

But I gotta tell you, the power through the speakers is unbelievable. Rocking out to 2000 Light Years right now.

Date: February 6, 2023 23:50

treaclefingers

Same mastering but new mother's I think. I read they cut a new laquer.

Yes: "Each of the sixteen lacquers was cut by mastering engineer Sean Magee in Room 6." - (Abbey Road Studios) - [Twitter.com] .

Date: February 7, 2023 00:03

Irix
treaclefingers

Same mastering but new mother's I think. I read they cut a new laquer.

Yes: "Each of the sixteen lacquers was cut by mastering engineer Sean Magee in Room 6." - (Abbey Road Studios) - [Twitter.com] .

smileys with beer

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 7, 2023 12:08

Did Sean cut them from flat digital files, in the same way that Miles Showell cut the 1971-2016 boxed set ?

Date: February 7, 2023 12:25

Spud

Did Sean cut them from flat digital files, in the same way that Miles Showell cut the 1971-2016 boxed set ?

Lacquer cutting for vinyl was performed at Abbey Road Studios by Sean Magee from the Direct Stream Digital transfers (DSD, 2.8MHz/1bit), mastered in 2016 by Bob Ludwig from the original master recordings - [www.ABKCO.com] , [www.ABKCO.com] , [TheAudiophileMan.com] . But it was no HalfSpeed-Mastering like Miles Showell did in 2018 (also from digital PCM and DSD files) for the 1971-2016 box set - [www.AbbeyRoad.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-07 12:45 by Irix.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 7, 2023 12:41

thumbs up Thanks Irix

Not necessarily a bad thing that they were cut at full speed.
Half Speed mastering is a bit of a "curate's egg" and isn't always better overall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-07 12:45 by Spud.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home