Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 21
Re: Stones in Mono to be Re-Released???
Posted by: tioms ()
Date: November 25, 2022 13:02

I'll not buy these rubbish.Colored LP's? This is compleet over the line (my line). I've all the original Decca's red mono's and also the Decca red mono HYSYM.Live,and a signed Promotion Album RSM 1 Decca and RSD1 london. And afterwards I bought the box Mono Decca (black vinyl). That's enough for me.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: November 25, 2022 13:08

I’ve decided that 2023 will be the last year I buy new records as a completist.
I’ll keep on buying old ones, instead.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 25, 2022 13:44

Amazon.es answer to my question. Cool ? Not Cool!!!

Hello,

Greetings from Amazon.es customer service.

Thank you for contacting Amazon.es and giving me the opportunity to help you with your inquiry.

We understand that you placed an order # 171-5410433-3238752 for the item "The Rolling Stones In Mono [Vinilo]" but it was cancelled.

We really wish that our customers receive their products on time and we take all necessary steps to eliminate the chances of delays, misunderstanding or errors.

However, despite our efforts, unforeseen situations can sometimes arise that are beyond our control. I'm sorry that we are unable to fulfill your order.

However, your feedback about the Amazon.es will be reviewed by our relevant team to avoid such mistakes for future orders.

I would like to inform you that it might be possible that your order was cancelled due to unavailability of the item. Please be informed that when any limited item is being sold by Amazon.es and you place the order, lot of other customers also place the order at the same time.

In such situation, it is possible that we are unable to fulfill all customers orders to due to stock issue as inventory on some of our most popular products runs out quickly.

I regret to inform you that the product is currently not available on our website at the moment and I cannot provide you with any information about the availability date of this product on our website.

If you still need the item, on the product detail page, you will see that you have the option to subscribe to be notified when it is available again. To do this, we recommend that you click on the link “Would you like to be informed as soon as this product is available?”. As soon as the product is available, we will send you an e-mail.

For more information about product availability, click on the following link:

[www.amazon.es]

I hope this information has been helpful to you.

I appreciate this may not be the outcome you hoped for and I sincerely apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

Should you need further assistance, please contact us through the following link by selecting the phone or e-mail options. Alternatively, you can always contact us via chat:

www.amazon.es/contacto

Thank you for your interest in Amazon.es

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 26, 2022 17:34

UrbanSteel
Amazon.es answer to my question. Cool ? Not Cool!!!

Hello,

Greetings from Amazon.es customer service.

Thank you for contacting Amazon.es and giving me the opportunity to help you with your inquiry.

We understand that you placed an order # 171-5410433-3238752 for the item "The Rolling Stones In Mono [Vinilo]" but it was cancelled.

We really wish that our customers receive their products on time and we take all necessary steps to eliminate the chances of delays, misunderstanding or errors.

However, despite our efforts, unforeseen situations can sometimes arise that are beyond our control. I'm sorry that we are unable to fulfill your order.

However, your feedback about the Amazon.es will be reviewed by our relevant team to avoid such mistakes for future orders.

I would like to inform you that it might be possible that your order was cancelled due to unavailability of the item. Please be informed that when any limited item is being sold by Amazon.es and you place the order, lot of other customers also place the order at the same time.

In such situation, it is possible that we are unable to fulfill all customers orders to due to stock issue as inventory on some of our most popular products runs out quickly.

I regret to inform you that the product is currently not available on our website at the moment and I cannot provide you with any information about the availability date of this product on our website.

If you still need the item, on the product detail page, you will see that you have the option to subscribe to be notified when it is available again. To do this, we recommend that you click on the link “Would you like to be informed as soon as this product is available?”. As soon as the product is available, we will send you an e-mail.

For more information about product availability, click on the following link:

[www.amazon.es]

I hope this information has been helpful to you.

I appreciate this may not be the outcome you hoped for and I sincerely apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

Should you need further assistance, please contact us through the following link by selecting the phone or e-mail options. Alternatively, you can always contact us via chat:

www.amazon.es/contacto

Thank you for your interest in Amazon.es

Hi Urban that is frustrating. I assume you know that it is available on amazon.fr, for 350 euros. higher than before of course.

Date: November 27, 2022 14:50

treaclefingers

Hi Urban that is frustrating. I assume you know that it is available on amazon.fr, for 350 euros. higher than before of course.

I bought it know at FNAC.FR .

[www.fnac.com]

Date: November 27, 2022 19:25

UrbanSteel
treaclefingers

I bought it know at FNAC.FR .

[www.fnac.com]

Yes, lots of good alternatives. I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any action on Amazon.co.uk, which I believe is where it all started. I still have my order, but the link to the item is still not on the website. It's a little strange that no new info in the weeks since the confirmation of the January release date.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 2, 2022 11:53

I got my hands on The Rolling Stones – Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass), UK version (1966) [UICY-79022].

Japanese only, limited edition, mini vinyl replica SHM-CD that was issued on October 30, 2019. Currently out of print and unreasonably overpriced on the second hand market.

Packaging: A miniature reproduction of the British edition gatefold sleeve with a color booklet inside the sleeve. The cover picture was taken in New York by Jerry Schatzberg with the fisheye lens; Miniature reproduction of the first edition Japanese LP Wrapped OBI + OBI for current edition; Additional Japanese booklet with commentary and lyrics in English and Japanese. SHM-CD in protective plastic sleeve. Packed in outer re-sealable plastic sleeve.

This is 4th Japanese re-issue on CD. Previously it was available in Japan only as [London P33L 25016] (1987), [London P25L 25039] (1989) and [London POCD 1919] (1995). Those CDs contain the same digital material that was a mix of wide stereo and electronically processed stereo tracks. This one is mono only.

It is stated (on OBI and at Universal Music Japan web site) that this CD contains 2019 remaster. But the origin for all tracks is mono transfer that was used for In Mono box set (2016). However, tracks here are not digital clones to their 2016 counterparts. The loudness for all tracks was slightly adjusted, which is an obvious necessity for a compilation. This is the only element of 2019 remaster. Casual listener will not distinguish those minor differences.

On the other hand, mini vinyl replica sleeve is fancy. And this is the thing that matters for ‘stamps collectors.’

PS. In terms of size it fits EU In Mono box perfectly winking smiley.

PPS. The second one The Rolling Stones – Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol.2), UK version (1969) [UICY-79023] is completely different and is not a straightforward case. It is stereo (but You Better Move On which is in mono). Also, it is not a simple carry over from 2002 remaster. But it does not belong to here, because this thread is about mono re-issues.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-02 12:04 by ironbelly.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: December 2, 2022 12:17

[www.grooves.land]

349,19 € (free shipping within Germany) order with advance payment.
I think it's just a box returned for non-payment.

I've ordered from there a few times. So far there have never been any problems.

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: December 4, 2022 16:44

treaclefingers

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any action on Amazon.co.uk, which I believe is where it all started. I still have my order, but the link to the item is still not on the website. It's a little strange that no new info in the weeks since the confirmation of the January release date.

the art next to my amazon.co.uk order has changed several times

from no art at all

to the cover of the box

then the coloured discs laid out

then back to the cover of the box

but, as you say, no change in the order's status itself

i'll be miffed if they do cancel - as i'm not seeing it readily available anywhere else in the UK

a lot of places showing it - but as sold out

when i would obvs have ordered elsewhere if i wasn't expecting amazon to come through

hey ho - we'll see

Date: December 4, 2022 18:50

rayrad
treaclefingers

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any action on Amazon.co.uk, which I believe is where it all started. I still have my order, but the link to the item is still not on the website. It's a little strange that no new info in the weeks since the confirmation of the January release date.

the art next to my amazon.co.uk order has changed several times

from no art at all

to the cover of the box

then the coloured discs laid out

then back to the cover of the box

but, as you say, no change in the order's status itself

i'll be miffed if they do cancel - as i'm not seeing it readily available anywhere else in the UK

a lot of places showing it - but as sold out

when i would obvs have ordered elsewhere if i wasn't expecting amazon to come through

hey ho - we'll see

Don't want to set us up for a fall here, but I think that at this point, given the changes you've described, and given they could/should have cancelled us by now, I'm betting they come through. Seems they shut the door on new orders early, ie didn't 'oversell' their allotment as Amazon.es seems to have.

Therefore there hasn't been a need to cancel though they're obviously not in a position to sell any more either. That's my hypothesis and I'm sticking with it.

Re: The Rolling Stones In Mono
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 4, 2022 19:29

The following have been added to the first post of this thread:

IORR Editor update:

The Rolling Stones In Mono (Limited Color Edition) Vinyl Box Set To Be Released On January 20 (ABkco Nov 15, 2022)

Official Unboxing | The Rolling Stones In Mono (Limited Color Edition) (Youtube)

Bjornulf

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 5, 2022 15:41

werther2003
[www.grooves.land]

349,19 € (free shipping within Germany) order with advance payment.
I think it's just a box returned for non-payment.

I've ordered from there a few times. So far there have never been any problems.

I’ve ordered from them once. No goods. No refund. No communication of any sort. I looked on the web since. Seem to be scammers. Beware.

Rod

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: December 6, 2022 18:30

Yep noticed this is starting to sell out from a few retailers. The first pressing was limited to 10,000 worldwide right? This could probably be the same even though they haven’t stated how many. But more people are buying vinyl than they were a few years ago, so it’s not surprising it’s selling out if it’s the same number pressed.

Date: December 6, 2022 22:13

bv
The following have been added to the first post of this thread:

IORR Editor update:

The Rolling Stones In Mono (Limited Color Edition) Vinyl Box Set To Be Released On January 20 (ABkco Nov 15, 2022)

Official Unboxing | The Rolling Stones In Mono (Limited Color Edition) (Youtube)

Who would have thought, of all the songs they would have used in a one minute official unboxing clip they would have picked two, from a handful, that were from Their Satanic Majesties Request.

Two songs that couldn't even make it on Hot Rocks!

Good choices mind you, but I don't think anyone leaving the 60s could have imagined that 50+ years later.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 6, 2022 23:42

treaclefingers
Who would have thought, of all the songs they would have used in a one minute official unboxing clip they would have picked two, from a handful, that were from Their Satanic Majesties Request.

Good choices mind you, but I don't think anyone leaving the 60s could have imagined that 50+ years later.
There is a simple answer - TSMR was ahead of their time. That is why the genius artistic achievement was not recognized in the 60s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-07 14:44 by ironbelly.

Date: December 13, 2022 20:54

ironbelly
treaclefingers

There is a simple answer - TSMR was ahead of their time. That is why the genius artistic achievement was not recognized in the 60s.

Exactly, and why when you compare Sgt. Pepper to TSMR, the latter sounds way more futuristic and psychedelic, Lucy In The Sky and A Day In The Life notwithstanding.

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: December 16, 2022 15:43

Amazon UK order has just been cancelled. Very curious to know how many units this is limited to.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 16, 2022 15:45

I was just typing the same thing! My order was cancelled!! Dammit all. That price was incredibly good. Now to get it, I'll have to pay about $200 more!!

Date: December 16, 2022 16:07

g...g...gone

Date: December 16, 2022 16:11

So, for those who's Amazon UK orders have now been cancelled, or who haven't ordered this yet, it looks like there are currently 3 pretty decent options available, and I suppose it might depend where in the world one lives. For me, Groovesland will be the best option - free shipping and no tax. iMusic might be best for those in Europe where the shipping might be a bit cheaper than it was to the States, and of course, Fnac is still right there as well.

Groovesland

IMUSIC

FNAC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-16 20:33 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 16, 2022 16:15

Still US-$ 374.99 - [Shop.ABKCO.com] . Euro 349.99 - [www.Amazon.fr] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-16 16:20 by Irix.

Date: December 16, 2022 16:25

It's actually a few dollars cheaper thru Groovesland than Amazon France, for me anyway. In the end, I'm paying about $55 more now, not quite as bad as I'd expected it to be. I opted to go with the tracked shipping for $3.15. Figure I'm paying that much, might as well know where it's at at all times in the delivery process!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-16 20:33 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: December 16, 2022 16:43

VoodooLounge13
It's actually a few dollars cheaper thru Groovesland than Amazon France, for me anyway. In the end, I'm paying about $55 more now, and I opted to go with the tracked shipping for $3.15. Figure I'm paying that much, might as well know where it's at at all times in the delivery process!!!

Groovesland says sold out.

I also ordered from Amazon.fr for 270 Euros, so hopefully that holds.

Date: December 16, 2022 17:13

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
It's actually a few dollars cheaper thru Groovesland than Amazon France, for me anyway. In the end, I'm paying about $55 more now, and I opted to go with the tracked shipping for $3.15. Figure I'm paying that much, might as well know where it's at at all times in the delivery process!!!

Groovesland says sold out.

I also ordered from Amazon.fr for 270 Euros, so hopefully that holds.

Perhaps I grabbed the last copy?!?! Abkco said sold out when I went there first thing this am, but then Irix's link shows it in stock. Very weird.

Posted by: Davie137 ()
Date: December 16, 2022 17:20

Recordstore still have some available, with the 10% new customer discount it comes to £340 with shipping

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 16, 2022 18:34

JPC.de still available for 360

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: December 16, 2022 20:04

I spent a lengthy amount of time dealing with Amazon customer service about this. In mid-November I contacted them as I was worried about this order getting cancelled. At that time they emailed me confirming that I would get my pre-order and I would be "first in line" to do so.
Today has been incredibly frustrating. During the same conversations I have been told I would be able to purchase the item at the pre-sale price and then the complete opposite. I have been lied to multiple times as various people contradicted what other Amazon employees said, today alone.
Anywho, I am contacting their head office. I'll update with how it turns out.

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: December 16, 2022 20:27

properly annoyed about amazon.co.uk...

but thanks to all here who provided alternative options

just secured a copy at recordstore.co.uk

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 16, 2022 20:40

jackflash27

JPC.de still available for 360

Rather 'available again' since it was unavailable there for a while - [www.jpc.de] .

Date: December 16, 2022 21:37

Variaworld
€349,90
[www.variaworld.nl]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1361
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home