Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 21
Re: Stones in Mono to be Re-Released???
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 20, 2022 15:15

It's already 21-Oct-2022 in Japan and there's currently no Mono-Box listed at [Tower.jp] - but two other LP re-releases by Abkco [AM, BTB] for 18-Nov-2022. Also no Mono-Box available yet at [www.Amazon.co.jp] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-20 18:30 by Irix.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 20, 2022 17:16

UrbanSteel
ironbelly

Sure, this could be a bug of artificial intellect that analyzed my previous searches.

Anyway, vinyl collectors must suffer winking smiley.

I know, my order is still on Amazon.es, but I have patience. winking smiley

I agree, we must suffer as penance for our foolish spending habits.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 20, 2022 18:59

I'm not sure what secondary markets everyone is seeing for the original release that have it going for $2,000. I see them going for 'only' $1200!!!!

Date: October 20, 2022 19:27

Irix
It's already 21-Oct-2022 in Japan and there's currently no Mono-Box listed at [Tower.jp] - but two other LP re-releases by Abkco [AM, BTB] for 18-Nov-2022. Also no Mono-Box available yet at [www.Amazon.co.jp] .

So for the first link, these new re-issues...can you tell if they're even in mono?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 20, 2022 19:46

Always look at the bright side of life.
If In Mono box will not be issued, you can spend the penny spared for Revolver Deluxe.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: October 20, 2022 19:58

ironbelly
If In Mono box will not be issued, you can spend the penny spared for Revolver Deluxe.

The Devil is in the house.winking smiley

Date: October 20, 2022 20:00

treaclefingers

So for the first link, these new re-issues...can you tell if they're even in mono?

There're no infos. When you google after the UPCs you'll find them [AM, BTB] also at other stores (18-Nov-2022), e.g. [Store.AcousticSounds.com] , [Store.AcousticSounds.com] .

TSMR and BB were re-released by Abkco already on 19-Aug-2022 - [www.BestBuy.com] , [www.BestBuy.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-21 00:10 by Irix.

Date: October 20, 2022 22:05

ironbelly

You should find a career in comedy ironbelly!

Date: October 20, 2022 22:07

Irix
treaclefingers

There're no infos. When you google after the UPCs you'll find them also at other stores (18-Nov-2022), e.g. [Store.AcousticSounds.com] , [Store.AcousticSounds.com] .

Too funny. I thought that if they were releasing these in mono at least there'd be a hint that on one level or another, new mono vinyls were coming. I suppose that is a possibility too. The Beatles mono box originally resulted in the release of their individual albums in mono.

Date: October 21, 2022 07:11

so amazon.es is showing 'temporarily out of stock', still with no info. And of course amazon.co.uk you haven't been able to order from since right at the beginning.

I feel this is going sideways. Amazon won't hold onto our orders much pass the 'release date' without any info from the manufacturer. Doesn't come up on the WH Smith site either.

What'd Ironbelly say, Revolver Superdeluxe with the 'newly found' money?

I feel it's a bit late in life to transition to beatlemaniac.

Date: October 21, 2022 07:41

My UK order says arriving November 7!!! LOL

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 21, 2022 07:42

treaclefingers
so amazon.es is showing 'temporarily out of stock', still with no info. And of course amazon.co.uk you haven't been able to order from since right at the beginning.

I feel this is going sideways. Amazon won't hold onto our orders much pass the 'release date' without any info from the manufacturer. Doesn't come up on the WH Smith site either.

Amazon's phallic logo goes sideways. It's hilarious to see it on vans driving by.

But "temporarily out of stock" means!!!??? It will be in stock AGAIN!

Or something. Revolver Or Bust!

Oh wait. Oh well, whatever, nevermind.

Date: October 21, 2022 07:44

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers

Amazon's phallic logo goes sideways. It's hilarious to see it on vans driving by.

But "temporarily out of stock" means!!!??? It will be in stock AGAIN!

Or something. Revolver Or Bust!

Oh wait. Oh well, whatever, nevermind.

Are you quoting Nirvana there?!

Date: October 21, 2022 11:10

[www.Amazon.es] says now: "No disponible".

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: October 21, 2022 12:27

my amazon.co.uk order now says 'arriving tuesday'

that seems promising!

Date: October 21, 2022 16:57

rayrad
my amazon.co.uk order now says 'arriving tuesday'

that seems promising!

Mine says between Oct 31 and Nov 4, probably because it has to go farther. But I won't be jumping up and down until it says 'dispatched'.

Actually, I won't believe it until it arrives.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: October 21, 2022 17:23

Seems to me that Abkco would have made an announcement if this were true. You're not going to release something this big, out of the blue without any marketing.

Date: October 21, 2022 17:30

ribbelchips
Seems to me that Abkco would have made an announcement if this were true. You're not going to release something this big, out of the blue without any marketing.

Yeah, the mystery lies in the fact that it was offered in a few online outlets, yet without any real info, and a couple of places at least initially announced it (superdeluxeedition.com and one other that I saw).

That and we were allowed to 'buy' it and it sat in our accounts for months not reversed...and then you get the mono SHM releases. All of it just seemed as though ABKCO was a little unorganized, OR, there was a supply line problem in the manufacturing and they couldn't guarantee the pressings in time so were sitting on their hands.

I think this still may become available, but maybe not until after Christmas which is probably not what anyone, least of which ABKCO wanted.

So unless there is yet some other info to drop I'd suspect our accounts will delete these orders.

Date: October 22, 2022 00:24

Stamp collection arrived today!

Very poor packaging from amazon. 12 SHM's all sliding around in an envelope.

Considering I spent about $50 for delivery, that really sucks.

Don't seem to be damaged that I can see though so there's that.

Date: October 22, 2022 00:47

treaclefingers

Congratulations!
And I'd like to second that - the packaging from amazon sucks big time.

Date: October 23, 2022 17:06

ironbelly
treaclefingers

Congratulations!

The challenge now is to buy the first two released the year before (or 2020?) for a reasonable price. On amazon.ca $60 is not what I call reasonable for a stamp with a pretty OBI.

Also, how do you feel about the resealable cellophane?

No way for a collector to authentically claim it's 'Still Sealed' status and in general I find the stickiness of the self adhesive on the back of the flap a little annoying if not 'dangerous' to the sleeve itself.

The Mono Box CD set has all the CDs in those...aesthetically pleasing perhaps, but functionally problematic.

Date: October 23, 2022 17:35

treaclefingers
ironbelly
treaclefingers

Congratulations!

The challenge now is to buy the first two released the year before (or 2020?) for a reasonable price. On amazon.ca $60 is not what I call reasonable for a stamp with a pretty OBI.

No way for a collector to authentically claim it's 'Still Sealed' status and in general I find the stickiness of the self adhesive on the back of the flap a little annoying if not 'dangerous' to the sleeve itself.

The Mono Box CD set has all the CDs in those...aesthetically pleasing perhaps, but functionally problematic.
I just closed my eyes and pressed a button for cdjapan. Both discs + shipping was 51 Euros + local taxes and charges 14 Euros. It was roughly 87 CAD in total. That is life.

Outer plastic sleeves are not the worst this time. I can live with them. But still, I'd prefer not papersleeve editions but old-good heavy plastic jewel cases.

I;ll give you an example of absolutely terrible cellophane a bit later winking smiley

Date: October 23, 2022 18:20

The Rolling Stones (UICY-79332, 2020, SHM-CD, paper-sleeve) - [www.jpc.de] , The Rolling Stones No. 2 (UICY-79333, 2020, SHM-CD, paper-sleeve) - [www.jpc.de] . Both €32.99 each.

CD-Barcodes (EAN/UPC/SKU) are: 4988031404010 and 4988031404027 . Pictures: UICY-79332 , UICY-79333 .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-23 19:10 by Irix.

Date: October 23, 2022 19:29

Irix
The Rolling Stones (UICY-79332, 2020, SHM-CD, paper-sleeve) - [www.jpc.de] , The Rolling Stones No. 2 (UICY-79333, 2020, SHM-CD, paper-sleeve) - [www.jpc.de] . Both €32.99 each.

CD-Barcodes (EAN/UPC/SKU) are: 4988031404010 and 4988031404027 . Pictures: UICY-79332 , UICY-79333 .
This is another choice for EU customers. There is almost no price difference comparing to cdjapan.

treaclefingers

These are the absolutely worst outer plastic sleeves I ever saw. These were used for commemorative edition for the 30th anniversary of the first performance of The Rolling Stones in Japan [UICY-79241] - [UICY-79254]
[www.universal-music.co.jp]
You know, 'flat transfers from original master tapes' for the best part of the set.

The design of the sleeves is really weird. The sticky stripe is placed on the flip. It tends to catch and glue mini-vinyl replica and/or OBI when extracted from or inserted back. Also, the sleeve has a fold, and it causes additional inconvenience. If the sleeve is not fully and properly unfolded, it stays cloaked. As a result, the paper jacket gets stuck halfway in or out. The sleeve is made from relatively thick plastic. But simultaneously the plastic is fragile and can be punched or torn near the fold (especially when the mini-vinyl replica is thick). It is necessary to be extremely careful while opening the sleeve, extracting, and inserting mini-vinyl replica.

I tried to visualize the ‘outer plastic sleeve issue’ in this picture. One must insert the mini-vinyl replica inside the plastic sleeve sliding it above the sticky stripe and keeping the fold flat. Otherwise, the sleeve will be partially closed. Meanwhile, the sticky stripe on the flip will catch OBI or mini-vinyl’s replica jacket.

And to make life even more funny, Sticky Fingers got an extra sheet of hard plastic to protect the sleeve from the zipper. That sheet has sharp corners that easily punch outer plastic sleeve (actually, I did that the very 1st time I was trying to inset everything back).

Mini vinyl replicas are real fun for 'stamps collectors' but I am old fashion and would like to get a CD in heavy plastic jewel case winking smiley.

Date: October 24, 2022 17:39

So I attempted to order the original Mono boxset from YesAsia, who had it listed as in stock, but over the weekend, the order was cancelled, as they are not able to obtain the item. So much for that one!!!! LOL

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 24, 2022 20:13

I like to cut the tops off those resealable plastic sleeves. Also, there's a guy in Japan (eBay) that sells them without the sealable flaps. Funny but his name is sushi-sashimi. I bought quite a few from him.

[www.ebay.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-24 20:17 by frankotero.

Date: October 24, 2022 21:35

VoodooLounge13
So I attempted to order the original Mono boxset from YesAsia, who had it listed as in stock, but over the weekend, the order was cancelled, as they are not able to obtain the item. So much for that one!!!! LOL

The vinyl? Can I ask how much they were selling for?

Be very careful about counterfeit...I know the CD's are rife with them and given how expensive the vinyl now sells for if it seems 'too good to be true'...well you know the rest.

Date: October 24, 2022 22:12

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Be very careful about counterfeit...I know the CD's are rife with them and given how expensive the vinyl now sells for if it seems 'too good to be true'...well you know the rest.

Twas the vinyl. That's why I'd been asking so many ?s about it. They were selling it for $503.99. I order from them regularly. Alternate between them and CDJapan, depending on the price, so I felt confident in what I was buying. If I got it, I was going to keep buying them one at a time and sell em for a profit! LOL

Date: October 24, 2022 22:19

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Twas the vinyl. That's why I'd been asking so many ?s about it. They were selling it for $503.99. I order from them regularly. Alternate between them and CDJapan, depending on the price, so I felt confident in what I was buying. If I got it, I was going to keep buying them one at a time and sell em for a profit! LOL

I doubt you'd get a new MONO Vinyl Boxset from 2016, that was legitimate, for that price. Maybe privately but not on the web.

Date: October 24, 2022 22:59

Well that's why I was trying to get one! LOL They had the 5x5 EP reissue too, but that was also out of print. I have received my Japanese GHS Super Deluxe CD version with the bonus tracks though, so there's that!!!! That was a necessity!! Mono vinyl is not.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1440
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home