Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 21
Re: Stones in Mono to be Re-Released???
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 11, 2022 15:30

VoodooLounge13
Oh WOW!!! I didn't realize that the Japanese version was 7"!! Man, I'd love to get my hands on one of those, and have all the early albums in 7" size!!!! The 7" versions of the 50th they did for Satanic, LIB, and BB I absolutely love!!! Same for the Japanese only singles. Well, the site says it's the US version, but it also says it's vinyl...

And thanks for the clarification on the mastering of LIB. I guess it's all in what one prefers. I remember when those Abkco releases came out, i was blown away! I got rid of all of my original CD versions of the Abkco catalog because everything released was head and shoulders above them all, sound wise.

If you have the cash, $500 is a steal for a new 2016 mono vinyl box.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 11, 2022 15:56

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
Oh WOW!!! I didn't realize that the Japanese version was 7"!! Man, I'd love to get my hands on one of those, and have all the early albums in 7" size!!!! The 7" versions of the 50th they did for Satanic, LIB, and BB I absolutely love!!! Same for the Japanese only singles. Well, the site says it's the US version, but it also says it's vinyl...

And thanks for the clarification on the mastering of LIB. I guess it's all in what one prefers. I remember when those Abkco releases came out, i was blown away! I got rid of all of my original CD versions of the Abkco catalog because everything released was head and shoulders above them all, sound wise.

If you have the cash, $500 is a steal for a new 2016 mono vinyl box.

Yeah I just want to make sure it IS vinyl. I sent them a note and will see. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a large # of missing Japanese releases plus some other non-RS music for about $400, which I don't really want to do as I already have one order pending for $186, and if that new mono box drops this month I'll have that as well. But I do want to plug some of these holes before this stuff is unavailable and the prices only go up!!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 11, 2022 16:10

ironbelly
...In any case - Let It Bleed is a simple fold-down from stereo version...

And most of us have a button on our stereo that does that grinning smiley

To be honest I've never gone a bundle on many of the Mono recordings.

Mono is often preferable to the way a lot sixties music was mixed in stereo .
Many producers were just fascinated by Stereo more as a recording effect than as a way of presenting a performance in a more lifelike way.

Fortunately most of the Stones early Stereo catalogue avoids the worst of that horrible "test record" syndrome .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-11 16:14 by Spud.

Date: October 11, 2022 16:27

So I just checked on my order, and it states set to arrive between Nov. 3-7. With the current Currency exchange rate, it's actually a little cheaper, at $267....

Date: October 11, 2022 16:33

Irix
Irix

12 original RS 1960s albums will be released on 14-Oct-2022 in MONO sound (2016 remaster) and paper-sleeve format as SHM-CD:

Also available at [www.Bravado.de] as well as Amazon (Europe) and jpc.de :

[www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] ,

[www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] .

It's interesting to me that they're only doing some of the releases of this time and not all of them. The Greatest Hits aside, how come only the UK BTB, but the other US versions are done?

Date: October 11, 2022 16:35

And really, I for one, would not technically need to purchase this entire set if I have the 2002 remasters; only the ones that are here in full mono vs. those albums. And since I have the In Mono CD box, I really don't need any of these except to save the wear and tear on opening that box, if I unwrap it at all now.....

Though a case could be made, as Treacle stated, that if one views this as stamp collecting, then technically the set would not be complete without them all. Ugh, these filthy marketing b@st@rds sitting around thinking of this sh!t!!!!!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 11, 2022 16:47

So just stop "stamp collecting " ...and start buying only the stuff you believe might sound better grinning smiley

Date: October 11, 2022 17:37

Spud
So just stop "stamp collecting " ...and start buying only the stuff you believe might sound better grinning smiley

in for a penny, in for a pound.

Date: October 11, 2022 17:44

Can I get a pound for a penny?!?!?! drinking smiley

Date: October 11, 2022 18:16

VoodooLounge13
So I just checked on my order, and it states set to arrive between Nov. 3-7. With the current Currency exchange rate, it's actually a little cheaper, at $267....

Did you order from Amazon UK or Spain?

Mine still says Oct 31-Nov 4

Date: October 11, 2022 18:24

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Did you order from Amazon UK or Spain?

Mine still says Oct 31-Nov 4

UK

Date: October 12, 2022 01:22

OK, so 3 days before the Japanese Mono SHM's release, and 10 days from the Mono Box (and still no announcement).

I guess we needn't tell the Rolling Stones how to market, they seem to have figured that out on their own.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 12, 2022 02:15

treaclefingers
OK, so 3 days before the Japanese Mono SHM's release, and 10 days from the Mono Box (and still no announcement).

I guess we needn't tell the Rolling Stones how to market, they seem to have figured that out on their own.
I would say the promo campaign for this reissue is the worst I ever saw. Apart of a short note from Universal Japan and ABKCO (who follow their site anyway?) about SHM-CDs there was virtually nothing. Even Superdeluxe edition did not mention this.

Not to mention that two other releases from 2022 were marketed poorly too.

It looks like a black cat between The Stones and Universal. Or they just do not care anymore.

Date: October 12, 2022 03:15

ironbelly
treaclefingers

I would say the promo campaign for this reissue is the worst I ever saw. Apart of a short note from Universal Japan and ABKCO (who follow their site anyway?) about SHM-CDs there was virtually nothing. Even Superdeluxe edition did not mention this.

Not to mention that two other releases from 2022 were marketed poorly too.

It looks like a black cat between The Stones and Universal. Or they just do not care anymore.

The money for these releases has to be quite marginal for the band, compared to touring, so I get that. But what I don't understand is the record companies. This is their bread and butter. Why release it if you're not going to market, unless you don't think you'll even need to market and you're just saving some cash.

Date: October 13, 2022 20:33

Irix
Irix

12 original RS 1960s albums will be released on 14-Oct-2022 in MONO sound (2016 remaster) and paper-sleeve format as SHM-CD:

Also available at [www.Bravado.de] as well as Amazon (Europe) and jpc.de :

[www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] ,

[www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] .

I just got notification these bad boys have shipped from amazon.fr

Date: October 13, 2022 21:24

treaclefingers

I just got notification these bad boys have shipped from amazon.fr
Now, lets make a bet if there will be capital letter K after catalog number and barcode number 0 1877x xxxxx x on the OBI winking smiley
Like this one

Date: October 13, 2022 21:29

For those, who can't wait
[Unboxing] The Rolling Stones: Beggars Banquet [SHM-CD] [Limited Release] [Cardboard Sleeve]
[www.youtube.com]
[Unboxing] The Rolling Stones: Their Satanic Majesties Request [SHM-CD] [Limited Release] [mini LP]
[www.youtube.com]
Please note, these are versions of the discs for Japanese market and they also have blue-and-white promo stickers on the back of OBI and 'Music Friday' stickers on the outer resealable shrink.

Date: October 13, 2022 22:58

Man, I watched the TSMR unboxing and then the 7-inch LIB unboxing - I just ordered the latter last night, as that was the only 7-inch I was missing. That looks like the nicest of the 3!!!! And I'd thought the TSMR of that was great!!! Can't wait. Thanks for posting this Ironbelly!! Didn't know CDJapan had a YT channel for such things. That's fantastic!!!

Date: October 15, 2022 16:56

ironbelly
[Unboxing] The Rolling Stones: Beggars Banquet [SHM-CD] [Limited Release] [Cardboard Sleeve]
[www.youtube.com]
[Unboxing] The Rolling Stones: Their Satanic Majesties Request [SHM-CD] [Limited Release] [mini LP]
[www.youtube.com]
Please note, these are versions of the discs for Japanese market and they also have blue-and-white promo stickers on the back of OBI and 'Music Friday' stickers on the outer resealable shrink.

Now I don't wanna get all 'up in arms' about this, but am I missing something on TSMR's unboxing? Why is the inner sleeve the 'blue cloud' and not the 'red cloud', as this is the mono release?

I also notice that they use DECCA for the BB label, and London for TSMR.

I thought in Japan it was all London's in the 60s?

What pray tell is going on?!

Date: October 16, 2022 01:35

treaclefingers
ironbelly
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Now I don't wanna get all 'up in arms' about this, but am I missing something on TSMR's unboxing? Why is the inner sleeve the 'blue cloud' and not the 'red cloud', as this is the mono release?

I also notice that they use DECCA for the BB label, and London for TSMR.

I thought in Japan it was all London's in the 60s?

What pray tell is going on?!
Good point about TSMR inner sleeve. Japanese SHM-CD from the 2016 box came with 'red cloud' inner sleeve. Apparently, they messed with colors this time. Go figure the reason.

Decca/London thing on the labels was discussed in 2016. It seems that they were trying to reproduce original labels for UK/US discography. That has nothing to do with Japan. As a result the labels were the same for the whole world. The only Japanese thing for Japanese box was the replica of the 1st pressing Japanese OBI that was always with London logo.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 15:17

… so..is the vinyl mono Box being rereleased, or not? Isn’t that what this thread WAS actually about? It WAS going to be coloured vinyl. Now it’s Japanese shm’s. Huh?

Rod

Date: October 16, 2022 15:40

bitusa2012
… so..is the vinyl mono Box being rereleased, or not? Isn’t that what this thread WAS actually about? It WAS going to be coloured vinyl. Now it’s Japanese shm’s. Huh?
Initially rumor was about vinyl box. Actually, a few days ago I got an email from amazon Spain with suggestion to purchase this box. Probably, AI reacted on my previous searches.

But the rumor about vinyl (colored or not) is not confirmed yet by an official announcement of any kind.

Contrary, on August 23 we got a word from Universal Music Japan about SHM-CDs. These are already out and our own urbansteel have them at house.

Just wait another week and you'll got confirmation (or cancellation) from amazon on vinyl box.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: October 16, 2022 20:44

Date: October 17, 2022 04:17

UrbanSteel

So these are just cd’s then? Why? What am I missing? Japanese/English booklets…and? Why would I need/want these?

Rod

Date: October 17, 2022 04:45

bitusa2012
UrbanSteel

So these are just cd’s then? Why? What am I missing? Japanese/English booklets…and? Why would I need/want these?

No one here has said you would need or want these. Only you are likely to know that.

Date: October 17, 2022 13:47

treaclefingers
bitusa2012
UrbanSteel

No one here has said you would need or want these. Only you are likely to know that.

Oh ok. I’ll rephrase your honour. What makes these so special as to make anyone want them, so specifically?

Rod

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: October 17, 2022 14:11

bitusa2012

Oh ok. I’ll rephrase your honour. What makes these so special as to make anyone want them, so specifically?

Only when you have collectors blood.winking smiley

Date: October 17, 2022 15:04

bitusa2012

Technically, there are a couple of discs with mixes that were unavailable before. If you dig 6-y.o. discussion about the box In Mono, you'll find that most of the discs came with dedicated mono mix. Aftermath, Between The Buttons and TSMR appeared in mono format for the 1st time. Moreover, BTB contains 3 tracks with unique mono mixes (actually, different sound/edits comparing to known stereo tracks). Beggars Banquet has dedicated mono mix for SFTD. Thus, for those who did not purchase In Mono box in 2016 (or, as a matter of fact, 50th Anniversary deluxes of TSMR and LIBleed) - this is a chance to get mono mixes separately.

Currently, in Europe, these CDs are relatively cheap. Not that cheap as the previous set of 5 SHM-CDs compilations from 70s, but affordable. They are packed nicely and sound good.

Apart of it, SHM-CDs are superior to those (mysterious) colored vinyl in terms of sound quality.

So, you know, glass is half full winking smiley.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-17 15:08 by ironbelly.

Date: October 17, 2022 15:36

ironbelly
bitusa2012

Technically, there are a couple of discs with mixes that were unavailable before. If you dig 6-y.o. discussion about the box In Mono, you'll find that most of the discs came with dedicated mono mix. Aftermath, Between The Buttons and TSMR appeared in mono format for the 1st time. Moreover, BTB contains 3 tracks with unique mono mixes (actually, different sound/edits comparing to known stereo tracks). Beggars Banquet has dedicated mono mix for SFTD. Thus, for those who did not purchase In Mono box in 2016 (or, as a matter of fact, 50th Anniversary deluxes of TSMR and LIBleed) - this is a chance to get mono mixes separately.

Currently, in Europe, these CDs are relatively cheap. Not that cheap as the previous set of 5 SHM-CDs compilations from 70s, but affordable. They are packed nicely and sound good.

Apart of it, SHM-CDs are superior to those (mysterious) colored vinyl in terms of sound quality.

So, you know, glass is half full winking smiley.

Thank you. I have the vinyl and cd mono boxes. They’ll do me then.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-17 15:37 by bitusa2012.

Date: October 17, 2022 16:02

Waaaaaaaaaait a minute, so the original In Mono 2016 CD box, has all of the mono versions that the Abkco 2002 remastering doesn't? If that's the case, then I don't need any of these, provided all of these are in that boxset, which I have but haven't opened, as I have no way of playing the CDs besides in my car at the moment, and I don't want to bring those into it. I can remove all of these from my wishlist!! Phew. Money I'll divert to other purchases! LOL

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home