Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 21
Re: Stones in Mono to be Re-Released???
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 8, 2022 00:49

Yeah, it's still on my radar for now, Treacle, as I saw one of them (one of the individual 9 45's - I forget which one) on Ebay, and even with shipping it was only $35. And it was brand new. $35 times 9 is a lot cheaper, though I'm sure some of them, like SFM, will command much more than that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-08 00:50 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: August 8, 2022 07:49

elmod
UrbanSteel
VoodooLounge13
I could have sworn there was a 7" vinyl version, as I remember another thread on here talking about how there were region specific 45's for sale around the world that weren't in the boxset. For example Italy got the Italian ATGB one. I think Australia got Fortune Teller/Sad Day. I know I'm not losing it!!!

I got these 9 singles together with the In Mono CD box.

Would someone who has these 9 regional 45 single reissues please be so kind as to list out what the track list is for each? I’m adding them to my wishlist and hunting eBay, tho I think it might be cheaper to buy the whole lot for $600. SFM alone is almost half that!!! Thanks much!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-08 14:52 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: August 8, 2022 11:31

Nice, but is this re-release stil happening?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 8, 2022 11:35

VoodooLounge13

Would someone who has these 9 regional 45 single reissues please be so kind as to list out what the track list is for each?

From [www.ABKCO.com] , [Facebook.com] :

The Rolling Stones In Mono (15 CDs or 16 vinyl LPs) bundled with a set of nine extremely limited Rolling Stones 7” vinyl singles. Each single is an exact reproduction of a significant hit record from a different country with original art matching how the single looked in that specific nation at the time of release. After the bundles are sold out, the remaining individual 7”s will only be available in local record stores in their respective countries.

These 7”s are:

1. Poison Ivy/Fortune Teller (UK, 1963)
2. Fortune Teller/Sad Day (Australia, 1966)
3. Tell Me (You’re Coming Back)/Carol (Japan, 1964)
4. Time Is On My Side/Congratulations (Norway, 1964)
5. Empty Heart/Around And Around (Netherlands, 1964)
6. Not Fade Away/I Wanna Be Your Man (Canada, 1964)
7. 2,000 Light Years From Home/She’s A Rainbow (Germany, 1967)
8. We Love You/Dandelion (France, 1967)
9. Street Fighting Man/No Expectations (U.S., 1968)

Date: August 8, 2022 11:50

ribbelchips

Nice, but is this re-release stil happening?

Probably, since some Amazon-links - [iorr.org] - are still active and one shows still 21-Oct-2022. But this re-release could slightly be postponed (like the 7" 1963-66 Vinyl-Box) due to limited Vinyl manufacturing-capacity (16 LPs per Box). If there's no official announcement by Abkco around 21-Oct-2022 then this re-release seems questionable. Or postponed to 2023 when Volume 2 of the 7"-Singles 1966-71 will be released.

Date: August 8, 2022 12:30

9 exclusive 7"-Singles of the bundle with the 2016 'The Rolling Stones in Mono' Box-Set:

1. Poison Ivy/Fortune Teller (UK, 1963) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
2. Fortune Teller/Sad Day (Australia, 1966) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
3. Tell Me (You’re Coming Back)/Carol (Japan, 1964) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
4. Time Is On My Side/Congratulations (Norway, 1964) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
5. Empty Heart/Around And Around (Netherlands, 1964) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
6. Not Fade Away/I Wanna Be Your Man (Canada, 1964) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
7. 2,000 Light Years From Home/She’s A Rainbow (Germany, 1967) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
8. We Love You/Dandelion (France, 1967) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
9. Street Fighting Man/No Expectations (U.S., 1968) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]

Click/tap at Musik-Sammler.de on the picture to get a large view of the Cover.

Date: August 8, 2022 14:51

Irix,

Your knowledge and ability to answer any product release question with detailed responses and links and photos never ceases to amaze me!!! Thank you SO much! I cannot tell you how many releases with bonus material you’ve helped me add to the collection over the years! Gold rings on you, my friend!!!!!!

Take care,
VL13

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 9, 2022 01:49

Irix
9 exclusive 7"-Singles of the bundle with the 2016 'The Rolling Stones in Mono' Box-Set:

1. Poison Ivy/Fortune Teller (UK, 1963) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
2. Fortune Teller/Sad Day (Australia, 1966) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
3. Tell Me (You’re Coming Back)/Carol (Japan, 1964) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
4. Time Is On My Side/Congratulations (Norway, 1964) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
5. Empty Heart/Around And Around (Netherlands, 1964) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
6. Not Fade Away/I Wanna Be Your Man (Canada, 1964) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
7. 2,000 Light Years From Home/She’s A Rainbow (Germany, 1967) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
8. We Love You/Dandelion (France, 1967) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]
9. Street Fighting Man/No Expectations (U.S., 1968) - [www.Musik-Sammler.de]

Click/tap at Musik-Sammler.de on the picture to get a large view of the Cover.

Thanks Irix, this is quite good. Probably reflects what the pricing would be on DISCOGS. The one (other than SFM) I'd like is the Poison Ivy/Fortune Teller disc which I guess was supposed to be their second single but was pulled before release...a few were reputed to have been printed and would be super rare.

Date: August 9, 2022 06:08

Do we know if these 9 were repressed this year?? Are they a part of the new singles Boxset that’s out? Are those full size 45’s? They are right?

Date: August 9, 2022 06:11

Actually they must be regular size. Seems like folks are selling them individually from the new set on EBay.

Date: August 9, 2022 06:16

VoodooLounge13
Do we know if these 9 were repressed this year?? Are they a part of the new singles Boxset that’s out? Are those full size 45’s? They are right?

Not sure what you mean by 'full size'. They would be the regular 7", not 10" or like the Satisfaction Anniversary 12" for the 50th and 55th anniversaries.

None of these repressings would be in the new boxset as they're from other countries. The new boxset is for UK/US pressings and sleeves.

Next year, part two 1966-71 will be released and hopeful SFM will be the US version with sleeve.

EDIT: The Beatles Singles boxset featured their singles from countries all over the world. Kind of neat but I do like the Stones boxset limiting to UK/US.

In fact, all UK would have been brilliant but for the lack of picture sleeves with the UK releases in the 60s.

Date: August 10, 2022 07:02

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Not sure what you mean by 'full size'. They would be the regular 7", not 10" or like the Satisfaction Anniversary 12" for the 50th and 55th anniversaries.

None of these repressings would be in the new boxset as they're from other countries. The new boxset is for UK/US pressings and sleeves.

Next year, part two 1966-71 will be released and hopeful SFM will be the US version with sleeve.

EDIT: The Beatles Singles boxset featured their singles from countries all over the world. Kind of neat but I do like the Stones boxset limiting to UK/US.

In fact, all UK would have been brilliant but for the lack of picture sleeves with the UK releases in the 60s.

I don’t actually have any of these 45” box sets so I wasn’t sure if there were actual Vinyl or just mini replicas. I have the original receipt-release of the Beatles 45’s that came out during the Anthology time period - I think they’re colored vinyl if memory serves? Not sure tho. But they’re all just bundled together in shrink wrap. No box no nothing.

And yes I mistook a single from the brand new 2022 Boxset for one of these 9 regional releases. Was my mistake.

Date: August 10, 2022 07:17

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

I don’t actually have any of these 45” box sets so I wasn’t sure if there were actual Vinyl or just mini replicas. I have the original receipt-release of the Beatles 45’s that came out during the Anthology time period - I think they’re colored vinyl if memory serves? Not sure tho. But they’re all just bundled together in shrink wrap. No box no nothing.

And yes I mistook a single from the brand new 2022 Boxset for one of these 9 regional releases. Was my mistake.

There are 3 box sets of CD 'replica' 45's of the 60s singles that attempt to look like the original 45's...you may mean those. They came out around 2005 and are pretty cool. Still easy to find on EBAY.

These two new box sets, this year and next, and the 9 from 2016 are actual 7" vinyl 45 reissues.

Date: August 10, 2022 07:41

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

There are 3 box sets of CD 'replica' 45's of the 60s singles that attempt to look like the original 45's...you may mean those. They came out around 2005 and are pretty cool. Still easy to find on EBAY.

These two new box sets, this year and next, and the 9 from 2016 are actual 7" vinyl 45 reissues.

Yes I have those 3 original CD singles box sets. Pretty much the same thing that they’re now putting out again on actual vinyl regular 45” size. I guess I was just confused because I’d originally thought the In Mono vinyl was just 45” size and was surprised to see it as LP size but then these regional singles were 45.” I haven’t looked for them prior to all of this and now that I’ve done some digging I just want to make sure I’m seeking out the correct items!!! Thanks!

Date: August 10, 2022 23:27

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Yes I have those 3 original CD singles box sets. Pretty much the same thing that they’re now putting out again on actual vinyl regular 45” size. I guess I was just confused because I’d originally thought the In Mono vinyl was just 45” size and was surprised to see it as LP size but then these regional singles were 45.” I haven’t looked for them prior to all of this and now that I’ve done some digging I just want to make sure I’m seeking out the correct items!!! Thanks!

Well they originally released the MONO boxset in 2016 as vinyl, 12" and I believe a bit before them for the same set as a CD, which is still widely available...perhaps that's where the confusion emanates?

I don't think it'd be possible to release the MONO vinyl albums set on anything smaller than the normal 12" vinyl.

Date: August 16, 2022 17:00

I have this release (or not quite a release) in my basket at amazon.co.uk.

It periodically changes price, leading me to believe this release may actually come to fruition.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 16, 2022 18:25

treaclefingers

It periodically changes price, leading me to believe this release may actually come to fruition.

Could you share the link? i can´t find it browsing...

Date: August 16, 2022 18:49

rogerriffin
treaclefingers

Could you share the link? i can´t find it browsing...

Well that's the thing and why I bring the topic up...they've cancelled the actual item on amazon.co.uk, though I've purchased it on pre-order and it's stayed there, AND, I also saved it in my basket...when I click on it in my basket, nothing comes up but I was alerted to a 'price drop' on it when I signed into the account.

Here is a copy and paste of what I'm seeing now - but without image. Again, when I click on it, page doesn't exist:

The Rolling Stones In Mono
by The Rolling Stones
£276.01

Vinyl
This title will be released on October 21, 2022.

Date: August 16, 2022 19:00

rogerriffin

Could you share the link?

Still visible here - [www.Amazon.es] .

Posted by: Davie137 ()
Date: August 16, 2022 20:03

I pre ordered this on 11th July when it was available on Amazon and it’s still showing in my orders with a delivery date of 25th October

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: August 16, 2022 20:59

Davie137
I pre ordered this on 11th July when it was available on Amazon and it’s still showing in my orders with a delivery date of 25th October

Same.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: August 17, 2022 12:14

Strange turn of events, I just ordered The Rolling Stones In Mono on Amazon.es and received a confirmation but the page changes from Amazon.es to Amazon.it.is with the Spanish flag in the top right corner.
Presumably Amazon.it is the supplier for Italy, Spain and Portugal.

Date: August 23, 2022 12:00

Japan: 12 original albums released by The Rolling Stones in the 1960s will be released on 14-Oct-2022 in MONO sound (2016 remaster) and paper-sleeve format as SHM-CD:

More about it - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-23 12:20 by Irix.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 23, 2022 13:56

Irix
Japan: 12 original albums released by The Rolling Stones in the 1960s will be released on 14-Oct-2022 in MONO sound (2016 remaster) and paper-sleeve format as SHM-CD:

More about it - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .
Well, they are ready on cdjapan for pre-order at 2667yen.
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
If you want the debut album and No.2 to have the set it is time to hurry up and get those. They were released 2 years ago and can evaporate from the market rather quickly.
The Rolling Stones
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
The Rolling Stones No.2
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-23 14:43 by ironbelly.

Date: August 23, 2022 15:11

I was just getting ready to post this but Irix beat me to it!! If I have the 7-inch SACD of the last 3 do I need these? Only for the completist right? Those are also in mono and being SACD I’d think the sound is superior to these SHM’s….. wonder why the first and No 2 don’t show up on the 12 listed. Are there more not accounted for?? This is just the mono box individually available which is nice because then one wouldn’t have to keep opening the box to take out those albums. Flowers intrigues me the most here. Then probably Aftermath US.

Date: August 23, 2022 15:28

VoodooLounge13
If I have the 7-inch SACD of the last 3 do I need these? Only for the completist right? Those are also in mono and being SACD I’d think the sound is superior to these SHM’s….. wonder why the first and No 2 don’t show up on the 12 listed. Are there more not accounted for?? This is just the mono box individually available which is nice because then one wouldn’t have to keep opening the box to take out those albums. Flowers intrigues me the most here. Then probably Aftermath US.
Mono version on regular CDDA layer of your SACD-hybrid discs are the same as here. Which means, you do not need TSMR, BB and LIB if you already have anniversary 7" reissues (in terms of digital content). You can not compare CDDA and SACD. They are different in terms of digital encoding. If you listen to SACD layer - it is superior to regular CDDA even if CDDA is pressed using SHM material.

The 1st and No.2 were issued separately in 2020. I gave links above.

The list of unique mono tracks in digital was provided in 2016 by lukpac

Out Of Our Heads (US/UK) [1]
The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man [edited mix]

Aftermath (UK/US) [11]
4.Under My Thumb
5.Doncha Bother Me
6.Going Home
7.Flight 505
8.High And Dry
9.Out Of Time
10.It’s Not Easy
11.I Am Waiting
12.Take It Or Leave It
13.Think
14.What To Do

Between The Buttons (UK) [12]
1.Yesterday’s Papers
2.My Obsession
3.Back Street Girl
4.Connection
5.She Smiled Sweetly
6.Cool, Calm & Collected
7.All Sold Out
8.Please Go Home
9.Who’ s Been Sleeping Here?
10.Complicated
11.Miss Amanda Jones
12.Something Happened To Me Yesterday

Flowers [5]
1.Ruby Tuesday
5.Out Of Time
6.My Girl
11.Ride On, Baby
12.Sittin’ On A Fence

Their Satanic Majesties Request [6]
1.Sing This All Together
2.Citadel
4.2000 Man
5.Sing This All Together (See What Happens)
8.Gomper
10.On With The Show

Beggars Banquet [1]
1.Sympathy For The Devil

Stray Cats [3]
As Tears Go By (Italian)
Honky Tonk Women
The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man [unedited original mix]

The other mono tracks could be found on 2002 reissues. Generally, 2002 and 2016 tape transfers are very similar but not 100% identical. So you know, this is a topic for maniacs only winking smiley.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-23 18:38 by ironbelly.

Date: August 23, 2022 15:59

Great info, Ironbelly!! Thanks for sharing!!

Please forgive me, as I know we've discussed before, but the Abkco re-release series from a few years back - I thought it was '11, but maybe it goes back to '02 now?? The one where they remastered the entire 60's catalog, those albums were not in mono at that time, correct? Mono wasn't available until the Mono Box came out the first time?

And I forgot about Stray Cats!!! So that remains exclusive to the boxset!!! Oh how I long to have the unedited Promo Man!!! Might have to splurge for that! LOL I dropped these all into my bookmarked items. Will see.

Was really hoping (but actually glad it's not) that these would all be 7-inch sized!!! LOL

Date: August 23, 2022 16:40

VoodooLounge13

The one where they remastered the entire 60's catalog

The ABKCO Remastered Series was in 2002:

Large picture

Date: August 23, 2022 16:59

VoodooLounge13
Great info, Ironbelly!! Thanks for sharing!!

Please forgive me, as I know we've discussed before, but the Abkco re-release series from a few years back - I thought it was '11, but maybe it goes back to '02 now?? The one where they remastered the entire 60's catalog, those albums were not in mono at that time, correct? Mono wasn't available until the Mono Box came out the first time?

And I forgot about Stray Cats!!! So that remains exclusive to the boxset!!! Oh how I long to have the unedited Promo Man!!! Might have to splurge for that! LOL I dropped these all into my bookmarked items. Will see.

Was really hoping (but actually glad it's not) that these would all be 7-inch sized!!! LOL

There are apples and oranges winking smiley
For London - Decca period on CD we have
1984-1988 'flat transfer' allegedly made by MFSL (those infamous West German London CDs). Out of market in 1995 in Europe. Were on market in Japan till 1997.
1986 - ABKCO remastered 'from original master tapes' by A.L. Oldham (stay away from those). These were in press in the US from 1986 till 2002 and in Europe from 1995 till 2002. In Japan from 1997 till 2002.
1989-1990 - ABKCO remaster for Hot Rocks, More Hot Rocks and Singles collection - The London Years. On market till 2002 worldwide.
2002 - 40th anniversary SACD-hybrid edition mastered by Bob Ludwig (those 'gold' double layer CDs in digipaks). These are mixture of mono and stereo. Were reissued as single layer CDDA from 2006.
2009 - corrections/rework for Rolled Gold+. Similar but not identical to 2002.
2009 - reworked Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out. Similar but not identical to 2002.
2016 - mono transfer. Some mono tracks are almost identical to 2002, some not.
2017-2019 stereo remaster for 50th anniversary of TSMR, BB and LIB.
2021 - repackage for Hot Rocks on SHM-CD. Mono tracks from 2016 remaster, stereo tracks from 2017-2019 remaster (Lets spend the night together and Ruby Tuesday of unknown origin). Kind of one time Japanese thing.

For Rolling Stones Records (post 1971)
1983-1985 - five unique CDs. Tattoo You, Undercover, Rewind (UK) - all 'black triangle' Japanese editions on Toshiba-EMI, Still Life - West Germany for US 'target' CD, Rewind (US) - Sanyo for US. Long story to tell.
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]
1986 - CBS remaster (up to Flashpoint + Collectibles + singles)
1993-1994 - Virgin remaster by Bob Ludwig. Virgin CDs were in press until 2007.
2009 - UMG brickwalled remaster by Stephen Marcussen
2011 - flat transfer from original UK analogue master tapes. Were issued in Japan only as SHM-SACD in 2011-2014 and as SHM-CD in 2013-2015 and 2020.
2020 - Remaster for Goats Head Soup by Jiles Martin
2021 - Remaster for Tattoo You by Stephen Marcussen. The weirdest one.

Yes, Stray Cats is OOP. But they easily can rework More Hot Rocks once again and add a couple of missing tracks there. I have a feeling it will be issued in January 2023, like they did with Hot Rocks in January 2022.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-23 18:28 by ironbelly.

Date: August 23, 2022 19:12

Irix
VoodooLounge13

The one where they remastered the entire 60's catalog

The ABKCO Remastered Series was in 2002:

Large picture

That's the one I was thinking of, Irix!! My God, it's been 20 years already since that was done! Magnificent sounding remasters. I remember being completely blown away by them.

Question - are Blu-Spec CD's a better quality than SACD? I see ELO has their catalog on this format.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home