Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 21
Re: Stones in Mono to be Re-Released???
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 5, 2022 20:32

VoodooLounge13
Does anyone have the UPC # for the US vinyl version that was originally released please? Before I drop $500, I want to make sure that it is a real one, even though I'm ordering from a reputable site that I've ordered from scores of times over the past couple of decades.......

And was it released in the US on 1-6-2017?
thanks!
There was only one vinyl version
This one [www.discogs.com]
It was for the whole world.
Barcode (Scan 13 ean): 0018771834519
Barcode (Text on Box): 0 18771 83451 9
Release date: September 30, 2016

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 5, 2022 21:42

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13
Does anyone have the UPC # for the US vinyl version that was originally released please? Before I drop $500, I want to make sure that it is a real one, even though I'm ordering from a reputable site that I've ordered from scores of times over the past couple of decades.......

And was it released in the US on 1-6-2017?
thanks!
There was only one vinyl version
This one [www.discogs.com]
It was for the whole world.
Barcode (Scan 13 ean): 0018771834519
Barcode (Text on Box): 0 18771 83451 9
Release date: September 30, 2016

thanks Ironbelly. the UPC code is correct, but they have the release date wrong. I sent them a note to confirm it's a legit release, since there are no photos of it up.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 5, 2022 21:52

ironbelly
treaclefingers
Whale
Irix
Whale

It was a Japanese edition

Link or pictures? Never heard of / seen this SACD-Edition.
I don't have pictures but i do remember it quite well. Ofcourse if you guys say i must've been dreaming there is nothing I can add to that.
It was around the time the box was still available in shops.

Well clearly there would be something out there indicating a hard copy SACD if one existed so likelier that it doesn't.

Which brings us back to the original thread issue...a new Stones in Mono, on vinyl. Supposedly in black vinyl, but the superdeluxeedition link to the story was removed, and heavy rumours it'll be in coloured vinyl.

This has piqued my curiosity.
In Mono box does not exist in SACD in physical format. Period.

However, OBI of the Japanese edition has big logo for SHM. It looks like this

One can interpret that 'big S' for SACD by mistake.
That's probably what happened. Apologies if I caused any confusion

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 5, 2022 22:30

Whale

The large SHM-CD logo was to see on top of the Mono-Box:

[www.Musik-Sammler.de] , Large picture

[eil.com]

[www.Discogs.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-05 23:15 by Irix.

Date: July 5, 2022 22:35

SACD-logo since 1999:

[en.Wikipedia.org]

Date: July 5, 2022 22:38

Irix
Whale

The SHM-CD logo was on top of the Mono-Box:

[www.Musik-Sammler.de]

[eil.com]
This.
But it was not on the box. That part is a wrap OBI (a kind of). It is an additional piece of paper that covers back side and top of the box and contains information for Japanese market. Japanese box w/o that piece is not complete (from collector's point of view).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 5, 2022 23:34

ironbelly
Irix
Whale

The SHM-CD logo was on top of the Mono-Box:

[www.Musik-Sammler.de]

[eil.com]
This.
But it was not on the box. That part is a wrap OBI (a kind of). It is an additional piece of paper that covers back side and top of the box and contains information for Japanese market. Japanese box w/o that piece is not complete (from collector's point of view).

So if I printed that photo that you posted, and slapped it on my box, ta da, I have a highly coveted Japanese edition!

Date: July 5, 2022 23:55

treaclefingers

So if I printed that photo that you posted, and slapped it on my box, ta da, I have a highly coveted Japanese edition!

You have then also to print the SHM-logo onto each CD, change the Cat.-No.'s and so on. There's more than just the OBI-strip:

[www.Musik-Sammler.de] , [www.Discogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-06 00:15 by Irix.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 6, 2022 00:57

Also the albumcovers of the SHM cd's were bigger than the regular cd covers of this release.

Date: July 6, 2022 01:25

GJV

Also the albumcovers of the SHM cd's were bigger than the regular cd covers of this release.

7-inch cardboard sleeves - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Date: July 6, 2022 01:44

Irix
GJV

7-inch cardboard sleeves - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Just when you think you know everything about a specific thing, something else comes up. The Stones are a 'completists nightmare'.

Date: July 6, 2022 01:55

treaclefingers

Just when you think you know everything about a specific thing, something else comes up.

There's a good description of the Japanese Mono-Box (partly in English) on [www.Musik-Sammler.de] - (scroll down).

Date: July 6, 2022 02:20

Irix
treaclefingers

Just when you think you know everything about a specific thing, something else comes up.

There's a good description of the Japanese Mono-Box (partly in English) on [www.Musik-Sammler.de] - (scroll down).

Yes, good description. Sound-wise this shouldn't vary from the other release. I purchased the 7" Beggar's Banquet 50th with OBI release. I think that is a hybrid SACD with Mono and Stereo...so I'm good for one of the albums! Well, actually I bought the TSMR and LIB as well. No other box set releases for those earlier albums though!

Date: July 6, 2022 06:50

Still need that LIB 50th myself. They are magnificent editions!!! My God. Some of my favorite Stones related purchases, music wise.

Date: July 6, 2022 14:55

VoodooLounge13
Still need that LIB 50th myself. They are magnificent editions!!! My God. Some of my favorite Stones related purchases, music wise.

It is still available via cdjapan 7500JPY
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Big 12" box 2LP+2SACD+7"+book+poster is relatively reasonable priced on Italian amazon ~100€
[www.amazon.it]

Also 12" box is on sale in the US @ $89
[www.amazon.com]

Date: July 6, 2022 16:48

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Big 12" box 2LP+2SACD+7"+book+poster is relatively reasonable priced on Italian amazon ~100€
[www.amazon.it]

[www.amazon.com]

I know that there was some scorn heaped on ABKCO for the TSMR/BB/LIB releases for not including ANY previously unreleased material, and I'm not sure that's right, given the restrictions they operate under their contract with the band.

With that said, these are all beautiful releases. LIB and beyond having the Vinyl and SACDs in Mono and Stereo (magnificent), you get all those prints of various sketches of the album, just beautiful, numbered. I have one of them framed, something completely made for the slavish fan.

I'd say given the art work and the quality of the sound these are the definitive versions of these albums (OK, maybe we give a shout out to the original DECCAs too), and for the current price? Must own.

Date: July 6, 2022 17:44

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

[www.amazon.it]

[www.amazon.com]

That's actually a really good price for the 7-inch! The only drawback I have with CDJapan is that they charge shipping, whereas YesAsia does not, if you order enough.

Thanks Ironbelly, the 12-inch boxset I actually got for free in my 2nd haul from UDiscover Canada, posted on that thread. Haven't opened it yet. Waiting for my new digs to unearth all of that wonderful stuff.

Date: July 6, 2022 17:45

treaclefingers
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

[www.amazon.it]

[www.amazon.com]

I know that there was some scorn heaped on ABKCO for the TSMR/BB/LIB releases for not including ANY previously unreleased material, and I'm not sure that's right, given the restrictions they operate under their contract with the band.

With that said, these are all beautiful releases. LIB and beyond having the Vinyl and SACDs in Mono and Stereo (magnificent), you get all those prints of various sketches of the album, just beautiful, numbered. I have one of them framed, something completely made for the slavish fan.

I'd say given the art work and the quality of the sound these are the definitive versions of these albums (OK, maybe we give a shout out to the original DECCAs too), and for the current price? Must own.

Agreed. I believe I also need the 50th LP lenticular cover version of TSMR, which is getting harder to come by, with a price that seems to be ever increasing!!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 7, 2022 01:28

UrbanSteel

In 2016 you could buy the LP box at ABCKO and the entire 7 inch singles set that you could otherwise buy separately in the countries of release.

Yes, it took me more than a year to get'em all.
The US SFM is by far the most interesting to get and also not the cheapest.
The one for me which was the hardiest to catch was TIOMS from Norway.winking smiley
Good luck and be patient !

HMN

Date: July 8, 2022 16:56

VoodooLounge13

I believe I also need the 50th LP lenticular cover version of TSMR, which is getting harder to come by, with a price that seems to be ever increasing!!

TSMR (50th Anniversary Deluxe 2LPs+2SACDs+Book) - [Store.AcousticSounds.com] - $89.98 .

There seems to be a standalone re-issue of TSMR on 22-Aug-2022 - [www.Amazon.com] , [Store.AcousticSounds.com] .

Also a standalone re-issue of Beggars Banquet on 22-Aug-2022 - [www.Amazon.com] , [Store.AcousticSounds.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-11 00:35 by Irix.

Date: July 8, 2022 17:49

Irix
VoodooLounge13

I believe I also need the 50th LP lenticular cover version of TSMR, which is getting harder to come by, with a price that seems to be ever increasing!!

There seems to be an re-issue of TSMR on 22-Aug-2022 - [www.Amazon.com] .

That's strange to be willynilly throwing out individual releases. Are they rereleasing the whole back catalogue then, or is this a "55th Anniversary" release?

It would be interesting to know the purpose given the rerelease from a couple of years ago is still pretty widely available. Where do they think the demand is coming from?

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 28, 2022 16:56

If the mono box set is to be repressed on colored or clear vinyl so be it. It's all rumor at this point, although Amazon was taking orders for awhile earlier this year. I purchased this box set of records for the music. Whether the price goes up or down is of no concern to me. If more people get access to this fantastic sounding music I think it is a good thing assuming the quality would be same as the first 10,000 that were pressed on 180 gram black vinyl. It wouldn't hurt to place a pre-order if it is possible. All I can say is this mono vinyl box set sounds absolutely terrific, and for those with pretty decent or high quality audio components in their homes it is a real treat to spin these albums at volume. Sure, the artwork could have been done better with some of the albums, but it is the sound that matters most to me. Let's see what comes of this.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: July 31, 2022 03:58

filstan
If the mono box set is to be repressed on colored or clear vinyl so be it. It's all rumor at this point, although Amazon was taking orders for awhile earlier this year. I purchased this box set of records for the music. Whether the price goes up or down is of no concern to me. If more people get access to this fantastic sounding music I think it is a good thing assuming the quality would be same as the first 10,000 that were pressed on 180 gram black vinyl. It wouldn't hurt to place a pre-order if it is possible. All I can say is this mono vinyl box set sounds absolutely terrific, and for those with pretty decent or high quality audio components in their homes it is a real treat to spin these albums at volume. Sure, the artwork could have been done better with some of the albums, but it is the sound that matters most to me. Let's see what comes of this.

I think I am buying what this cat is selling.

I bought one back in 2016 with all of the singles, and it simply rocks out f&%$ing loud! If you have not yet gotten it, pray that it is reissued, because it's worth every bit of what it will cost you!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: July 31, 2022 04:10

stonesstein
filstan

I bought one back in 2016 with all of the singles, and it simply rocks out f&%$ing loud! If you have not yet gotten it, pray that it is reissued, because it's worth every bit of what it will cost you!

hmmm....I preordered this and when I go to my order at amazon.co.uk I get this page:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

So while the order hasn't been cancelled, you also cannot order it any more. Presume they'll cancel the order at some point.

Date: July 31, 2022 08:23

treaclefingers
stonesstein
filstan

hmmm....I preordered this and when I go to my order at amazon.co.uk I get this page:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

So while the order hasn't been cancelled, you also cannot order it any more. Presume they'll cancel the order at some point.

While mine has that same error if I try and click on the details of the order, mine also says arriving November 7th? Does yours??

Date: July 31, 2022 12:30

treaclefingers

Sometimes Amazon disables the item-link until it's really on sale. The Mono-Box is still visible at [www.Amazon.es] - (.fr, .it, .pl, .co.jp, .com.au).

Date: July 31, 2022 15:32

Irix
treaclefingers

Sometimes Amazon disables the item-link until it's really on sale. The Mono-Box is still visible at [www.Amazon.es] - (.fr, .it, .pl, .co.jp, .com.au).

ha! THE PLOT THICKENS! Or, it's as you say, just waiting for it to be 'really' on sale. Pure execution on this one so far!

Date: July 31, 2022 21:36

Well it’ll be awesome if, when it’s really goes on sale, the price is helluva lot higher than what all of us have pre-ordered it for!!!

Date: August 7, 2022 09:11

UrbanSteel
VoodooLounge13
LOL

Urban, it's either you or Irix always who are just an absolute EXPERT on this stuff!!! So, the vinyl version is the LP's only? Not the singles from the looks of it... were they smaller versions than normal 12" records? Was there room to store the regional specific 45's in the boxset, or did they just happen to get released at the same time to generate buzz for the Mono box?

BTW - all I could find was this LP version as well, and I knew there were the region 45's. Didn't realize it all went together.

As ever, thanks for extending the knowledge!!!

In 2016 you could buy the LP box at ABCKO and the entire 7 inch singles set that you could otherwise buy separately in the countries of release.

OK, so if one were to find all 9 of these singles packaged together still sealed and unopened, is $600 unreasonable? I saw Fortune Teller somewhere and I can’t find it now - thought it was Bravado but not in there. It was on what I thought was an official Stones merchandise page somewhere and I’ve been keeping all these tabs open to go back and buy as I can. Been a helluva summer since the 2nd divorce. Lost out on my lakefront cottage that utterly gutted me and I’ve thrown soooo much friggin money at completing my Stones collection lol. I drew up a list of what is paramount to the list, and wherever Fortune Teller was, it wasn’t a bad price but the shipping was like $40 making it close to $60-$65 and I said the heck with that. But I’m guessing some of these regional 45’s are hard to come by these days and with the price of vinyl thru the roof, $600 really doesn’t seem that off. And it’s roughly $65 each as it is. Thoughts??

Date: August 7, 2022 23:58

VoodooLounge13
UrbanSteel
VoodooLounge13
LOL

Urban, it's either you or Irix always who are just an absolute EXPERT on this stuff!!! So, the vinyl version is the LP's only? Not the singles from the looks of it... were they smaller versions than normal 12" records? Was there room to store the regional specific 45's in the boxset, or did they just happen to get released at the same time to generate buzz for the Mono box?

BTW - all I could find was this LP version as well, and I knew there were the region 45's. Didn't realize it all went together.

As ever, thanks for extending the knowledge!!!

OK, so if one were to find all 9 of these singles packaged together still sealed and unopened, is $600 unreasonable? I saw Fortune Teller somewhere and I can’t find it now - thought it was Bravado but not in there. It was on what I thought was an official Stones merchandise page somewhere and I’ve been keeping all these tabs open to go back and buy as I can. Been a helluva summer since the 2nd divorce. Lost out on my lakefront cottage that utterly gutted me and I’ve thrown soooo much friggin money at completing my Stones collection lol. I drew up a list of what is paramount to the list, and wherever Fortune Teller was, it wasn’t a bad price but the shipping was like $40 making it close to $60-$65 and I said the heck with that. But I’m guessing some of these regional 45’s are hard to come by these days and with the price of vinyl thru the roof, $600 really doesn’t seem that off. And it’s roughly $65 each as it is. Thoughts??

My thought is that it's outrageous at that price, for re-issues.

I'm not saying that people won't pay that, and I understand they're worth as much as people will pay for, but for me that seems a bit out of range.

I prefer to put things like that on my 'hit list' to pull the trigger on when they take a price dive.

For instance, I picked up a couple of the Canadian ones, I think they were Not Fade Away, for $12 or so each. I don't have any of the other 8 mind you, but I also haven't been looking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-08 00:00 by treaclefingers.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home