Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 21
Re: Stones in Mono to be Re-Released???
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 4, 2022 06:16

bitusa2012
jackflash27
mick64
It will be numbered and in color and black both and the announcement officialNo

I read this three times and still cannot figure out what you mean.

He meant to say that it will be numbered and in color and black both and the announcement officialNo. Ok? I gotGet it. It’s crystal muddy.

How are you guys not following this? It's pretty clear that it will be numbered and in color and black both and the announcement officialNo.

What in covfefe's name is the issue? Person, woman, man, camera, TV OK?!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 07:06

What’s the quality of the vinyl on the original Mono LP Boxset? Is it 180g?

Date: July 4, 2022 07:34

VoodooLounge13

Yes! Huge price upswing in the secondary market once the box finally sold out. I grabbed it for about $240 US when it was first released.

I read the Steve HOffman forum and there is some 'insider' info that it is going to be coloured vinyl so I did a pre-purchase on Amazon.co.uk and will wait and see if that info gets updated along the way to October and decide later whether I'll commit to the order or cancel.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 4, 2022 09:32

VoodooLounge13
Don't know about the 180 grams but i do know my copy had unplayable versions of their satanic and beggars. Others complained about bad pressings too.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:33

unplayable versions of their satanic and beggars.
Others complained about bad pressings too.

oooocheeeeeeeee mama ... thats not good ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 11:59

treaclefingers
bitusa2012
jackflash27
mick64
It will be numbered and in color and black both and the announcement officialNo

I read this three times and still cannot figure out what you mean.

He meant to say that it will be numbered and in color and black both and the announcement officialNo. Ok? I gotGet it. It’s crystal muddy.

How are you guys not following this? It's pretty clear that it will be numbered and in color and black both and the announcement officialNo.

What in covfefe's name is the issue? Person, woman, man, camera, TV OK?!

.reraelc hcum ,sknahT

Rod

Date: July 4, 2022 16:15

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
UrbanSteel
VoodooLounge13
LOL

Urban, it's either you or Irix always who are just an absolute EXPERT on this stuff!!! So, the vinyl version is the LP's only? Not the singles from the looks of it... were they smaller versions than normal 12" records? Was there room to store the regional specific 45's in the boxset, or did they just happen to get released at the same time to generate buzz for the Mono box?

BTW - all I could find was this LP version as well, and I knew there were the region 45's. Didn't realize it all went together.

As ever, thanks for extending the knowledge!!!

In 2016 you could buy the LP box at ABCKO and the entire 7 inch singles set that you could otherwise buy separately in the countries of release.

Got it. Are there 9 45's? It looks like it from that photo you posted. I've only ever seen Fortune Teller.....Will take some work to find all those!!

Yeah I recall that, you had to buy it directly from the website to get that package. There's a heckuva lot more than 9 singles in the DECCA era that is nicely covered with the new boxsets...the first boxset is 18 singles, and that only covers to Feb. 1966:

[www.amazon.ca]

Oh yes, I know about this one. It's on my wishlist. I was referencing the one that UrbanSteel posted above. I thought there was a vinyl version of those singles, but apparently, it was the actual albums. So, my question becomes is it better to pay $500 for the original version or $300 for the reissue? Though isn't the reissue allegedly color vinyl??

Answered my own question when reading thru the SDE website description that Ironbelly posted - this is black vinyl.

Well if you're talking about the numbered MONO box set from 2016, for $500, then you should nab it. It goes for 4x that.

That's undoubtedly why ABKCO is re-releasing this, to get a piece of the action.

Date: July 4, 2022 17:52

ironbelly
Records collectors must suffer!
Information is up on SuperDeluxeEdition. So the reissue is almost certain.
[superdeluxeedition.com]

Wonder why they do not offer reissue of separate CDs.

Interesting, they've taken this link down.

I wonder if they're editing it? I have a feeling coloured vinyl is in the future...maybe clear?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 4, 2022 18:16

Yeah, I was just going to order it and it's gone. Would be nice if they're color or clear vinyl.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 19:36

frankotero
Yeah, I was just going to order it and it's gone. Would be nice if they're color or clear vinyl.

You can still order on amazon uk:
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: July 4, 2022 20:14

jackflash27
frankotero

You can still order on amazon uk:
[www.amazon.co.uk]

yeah, I ordered it as well...JUST IN CASE!

Date: July 5, 2022 00:08

The vinyl is very nice but i remember there is also a super audio cd release. Once saw it in my local record store for like 300 euros. I f*#@ had the money and didn't buy it. Stupid me. Regret it to this day.

Date: July 5, 2022 00:54

Whale
The vinyl is very nice but i remember there is also a super audio cd release. Once saw it in my local record store for like 300 euros. I f*#@ had the money and didn't buy it. Stupid me. Regret it to this day.

Are you certain it was SACD? I don't remember it and can find nothing on it. Was it a special Japanese edition or something?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 5, 2022 01:03

I only saw SHM not SACD

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 5, 2022 02:35

treaclefingers

Are you certain it was SACD?

It was available as Download in DSD (which is the file-format of the SACD) only in North America at AcousticSounds.com - but they have no Download-Store anymore since the end of 2020.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-05 12:10 by Irix.

Date: July 5, 2022 04:56

Irix
treaclefingers

It was available as Download in DSD (which is the file-format of the SACD) only in North America at AcousticSounds.com - but they have no Download-Store anymore since the end of 2020.

Whale said he saw it in a store though, ergot hard copy.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: July 5, 2022 11:53

The Stones in Mono CD box is not SACD.

I'm happy with the re-release of this box since i'm no way going to pay over €500 for it. But coloured vinyl? I don't know.. I'm getting a bit tired of al those fancy coloured vinyls. And back in the sixties, all vinyl was black as coal. It doesn't fit the decade if you ask me. I'm afraid it would get a little clownish

Date: July 5, 2022 12:00

treaclefingers

And I said it was available in a Download-Store, as a kind of "soft copy" - same as on SACD - [iorr.org]. But I never heard of (let alone saw) a physical copy on SACD since it wasn't intended - [www.abkco.com] .

Screenshot from AcousticSounds.com - [AudiophileStyle.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-05 13:00 by Irix.

Date: July 5, 2022 12:05

The 192kHz/24bit Download is still available, also as individual Tracks - [www.Qobuz.com] .

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 5, 2022 12:19

treaclefingers
Irix
treaclefingers

There was no SACD edition for In Mono box as physical CD media. Only download mentioned by Irix.

In Mono box on CD was issued in CDDA (redbook) format only in 2016
1. For US and Canada (I do not show link here because discogs has only Chinese counterfeits for this version)
2. For EU and the ROW [www.discogs.com]
3. For Japan as SHM-CDs with 7" covers [www.discogs.com]
But SHM has nothing to do with SACD (it was already mentioned multiple times on this forum).
Also there were numerous counterfeit Chinese pressings.

However, there were at least two boxes with SACD-hybrids. But they were issued much earlier and came with 2002 remasters in digipaks. Namely:
1. 2003 Remastered Series [www.discogs.com]
2. 2003 Jeans Box (Germany only, mail-in-order from Stern publishing house) [www.discogs.com]

Now, Whale should clarify what he saw in the record shop.

Date: July 5, 2022 12:25

ironbelly

But SHM has nothing to do with SACD (it was already mentioned multiple times on this forum).

Except that SACD can also be made of SHM (Super High Material) - as SHM-SACDs.

Date: July 5, 2022 12:33

Irix
treaclefingers

And I said it was available in a Download-Store, as a kind of "soft copy" - same as on SACD - [iorr.org]. But I never heard of (let alone saw) a physical copy on SACD since it wasn't intended - [www.abkco.com] .
It was a Japanese edition

Date: July 5, 2022 12:40

There were also Hybrid-SACDs (partly) in Mono of:

"Their Satanic Majesties Request (50th Anniversary Special Edition)" - [www.abkco.com] ,

"Beggars Banquet (50th Anniversary Edition)" - [www.abkco.com] ,

"Let It Bleed (50th Anniversary Edition)" - [www.abkco.com] .

Date: July 5, 2022 12:45

Whale

Link or pictures? Never heard of / seen this SACD-Edition.

And the Discography of [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] lists also no SACD-Edition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-05 13:45 by Irix.

Date: July 5, 2022 13:03

Irix
Whale

I don't have pictures but i do remember it quite well. Ofcourse if you guys say i must've been dreaming there is nothing I can add to that.
It was around the time the box was still available in shops.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: July 5, 2022 13:20

I know there are a lot of Chinese fakes. Maybe those @#$%& added an SACD logo on the box...

Date: July 5, 2022 19:20

Whale
Irix
Whale

I don't have pictures but i do remember it quite well. Ofcourse if you guys say i must've been dreaming there is nothing I can add to that.

Well clearly there would be something out there indicating a hard copy SACD if one existed so likelier that it doesn't.

Which brings us back to the original thread issue...a new Stones in Mono, on vinyl. Supposedly in black vinyl, but the superdeluxeedition link to the story was removed, and heavy rumours it'll be in coloured vinyl.

This has piqued my curiosity.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 5, 2022 20:08

treaclefingers
Whale
Irix
Whale

Well clearly there would be something out there indicating a hard copy SACD if one existed so likelier that it doesn't.

Which brings us back to the original thread issue...a new Stones in Mono, on vinyl. Supposedly in black vinyl, but the superdeluxeedition link to the story was removed, and heavy rumours it'll be in coloured vinyl.

In Mono box does not exist in SACD in physical format. Period.

However, OBI of the Japanese edition has big logo for SHM. It looks like this

One can interpret that 'big S' for SACD by mistake.

Date: July 5, 2022 20:14

ironbelly
treaclefingers
Whale
Irix
Whale

In Mono box does not exist in SACD in physical format. Period.

However, OBI of the Japanese edition has big logo for SHM. It looks like this

One can interpret that 'big S' for SACD by mistake.

Interesting, I didn't even realize there was a SHM version of this until this thread. Thanks for that ironbelly.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 5, 2022 20:23

Does anyone have the UPC # for the US vinyl version that was originally released please? Before I drop $500, I want to make sure that it is a real one, even though I'm ordering from a reputable site that I've ordered from scores of times over the past couple of decades.......

And was it released in the US on 1-6-2017?
thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-05 20:23 by VoodooLounge13.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1305
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home