Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 21
The Rolling Stones In Mono
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 23:58

Quite possibly this coming October....

YouTube

Amazon UK

IORR Editor update:

The Rolling Stones In Mono (Limited Color Edition) Vinyl Box Set To Be Released On January 20 (ABkco Nov 15, 2022)

Official Unboxing | The Rolling Stones In Mono (Limited Color Edition) (Youtube)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-04 19:28 by bv.

Re: Stones in Mono to be Re-Released???
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: June 30, 2022 09:33

More info on this
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Probably coloured vinyl
Also on Amazon Sweden, Italy, Spain already

Date: June 30, 2022 14:40

If that is colored vinyl and I preordered it for just $306 damn that’s gonna be a steal!!!

Mono box back on vinyl?
Posted by: balders ()
Date: June 30, 2022 00:01

Re: Mono box back on vinyl?
Date: June 30, 2022 00:08

See here:

IORR

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 30, 2022 03:10

VoodooLounge13
See here:

IORR

I wonder if the prices will collapse on the resale market. If they decide to start rereleasing sets that were supposed to be 'limited', in this case to 10000 units, how can they justify charging premium prices.

I guess the fact that this set has risen to over $2000 in the aftermarket has them wanting a piece of the action.

Date: June 30, 2022 03:59

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
See here:

IORR

I wonder if the prices will collapse on the resale market. If they decide to start rereleasing sets that were supposed to be 'limited', in this case to 10000 units, how can they justify charging premium prices.

I guess the fact that this set has risen to over $2000 in the aftermarket has them wanting a piece of the action.

Perhaps.....I didn't think it was that bad of a price really. I pre-ordered it just for the sake of it, more as a holding place than anything. I need the 7" vinyl, which I have saved somewhere - I forget where - that still has it in stock, but it's close to $500!!!

Date: July 2, 2022 09:29

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
See here:

IORR

Perhaps.....I didn't think it was that bad of a price really. I pre-ordered it just for the sake of it, more as a holding place than anything. I need the 7" vinyl, which I have saved somewhere - I forget where - that still has it in stock, but it's close to $500!!!

OK there is no way it's worth $500. I'll get it but not for that price. I bought the Beatles singles box for $129...CANADIAN!

Date: July 2, 2022 18:14

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
See here:

IORR

OK there is no way it's worth $500. I'll get it but not for that price. I bought the Beatles singles box for $129...CANADIAN!

Oh I agree wholeheartedly on the price - it was more a place holder than anything, as I can NOT find the vinyl mono 7" anywhere at a reasonable price (< $300). I posted on the UDiscover thread, but did you ever get your package from them?

Date: July 2, 2022 18:34

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
See here:

IORR

Oh I agree wholeheartedly on the price - it was more a place holder than anything, as I can NOT find the vinyl mono 7" anywhere at a reasonable price (< $300). I posted on the UDiscover thread, but did you ever get your package from them?

Yes I did...not quite the price you gents got it at, but the 4 LP coloured HONK for 56 CAD, about $42 US was pretty good.

I think the singles box is on Amazon Canada for less than C$300.

Date: July 2, 2022 19:14

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
See here:

IORR

Yes I did...not quite the price you gents got it at, but the 4 LP coloured HONK for 56 CAD, about $42 US was pretty good.

I think the singles box is on Amazon Canada for less than C$300.

OK I'm confused now. Yes, there is the mono singles box on the Canadian site for $230. This is the version that I got for 40 from UDiscover. But the only vinyl edition they reference is going for $2300, and appears to be the LP's. Wasn't there a vinyl edition of the singles as well? I could have sworn that there was, and that is what I had in my cart somewhere for $500 or so. Now I need to find it!!!

Date: July 2, 2022 20:52

I could have sworn there was a 7" vinyl version, as I remember another thread on here talking about how there were region specific 45's for sale around the world that weren't in the boxset. For example Italy got the Italian ATGB one. I think Australia got Fortune Teller/Sad Day. I know I'm not losing it!!!

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: July 2, 2022 20:59

VoodooLounge13
I could have sworn there was a 7" vinyl version, as I remember another thread on here talking about how there were region specific 45's for sale around the world that weren't in the boxset. For example Italy got the Italian ATGB one. I think Australia got Fortune Teller/Sad Day. I know I'm not losing it!!!

Date: July 2, 2022 21:04

LOL

Urban, it's either you or Irix always who are just an absolute EXPERT on this stuff!!! So, the vinyl version is the LP's only? Not the singles from the looks of it... were they smaller versions than normal 12" records? Was there room to store the regional specific 45's in the boxset, or did they just happen to get released at the same time to generate buzz for the Mono box?

BTW - all I could find was this LP version as well, and I knew there were the region 45's. Didn't realize it all went together.

As ever, thanks for extending the knowledge!!!

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: July 2, 2022 21:24

VoodooLounge13
LOL

Urban, it's either you or Irix always who are just an absolute EXPERT on this stuff!!! So, the vinyl version is the LP's only? Not the singles from the looks of it... were they smaller versions than normal 12" records? Was there room to store the regional specific 45's in the boxset, or did they just happen to get released at the same time to generate buzz for the Mono box?

BTW - all I could find was this LP version as well, and I knew there were the region 45's. Didn't realize it all went together.

In 2016 you could buy the LP box at ABCKO and the entire 7 inch singles set that you could otherwise buy separately in the countries of release.

Date: July 2, 2022 21:32

UrbanSteel
VoodooLounge13
LOL

In 2016 you could buy the LP box at ABCKO and the entire 7 inch singles set that you could otherwise buy separately in the countries of release.

Got it. Are there 9 45's? It looks like it from that photo you posted. I've only ever seen Fortune Teller.....Will take some work to find all those!!

Date: July 2, 2022 21:52

VoodooLounge13
UrbanSteel
VoodooLounge13
LOL

Got it. Are there 9 45's? It looks like it from that photo you posted. I've only ever seen Fortune Teller.....Will take some work to find all those!!

Yeah I recall that, you had to buy it directly from the website to get that package. There's a heckuva lot more than 9 singles in the DECCA era that is nicely covered with the new boxsets...the first boxset is 18 singles, and that only covers to Feb. 1966:

[www.amazon.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-02 21:54 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 2, 2022 21:54

Records collectors must suffer!
Information is up on SuperDeluxeEdition. So the reissue is almost certain.
[superdeluxeedition.com]

Wonder why they do not offer reissue of separate CDs.

Date: July 2, 2022 22:39

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
UrbanSteel
VoodooLounge13
LOL

Yeah I recall that, you had to buy it directly from the website to get that package. There's a heckuva lot more than 9 singles in the DECCA era that is nicely covered with the new boxsets...the first boxset is 18 singles, and that only covers to Feb. 1966:

[www.amazon.ca]

Oh yes, I know about this one. It's on my wishlist. I was referencing the one that UrbanSteel posted above. I thought there was a vinyl version of those singles, but apparently, it was the actual albums. So, my question becomes is it better to pay $500 for the original version or $300 for the reissue? Though isn't the reissue allegedly color vinyl??

Answered my own question when reading thru the SDE website description that Ironbelly posted - this is black vinyl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-02 22:44 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: July 3, 2022 00:04

UrbanSteel
VoodooLounge13

I got these 9 singles together with the In Mono CD box.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 3, 2022 00:19

Can someone please explain to me in simple terms what makes a mono record special?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 3, 2022 01:28

Its times like these we need Phil Spector ....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 3, 2022 02:38

Rockman

See that seems like the opposite of "simple terms" I gather I have no idea what his "wall of sound" is since I tried to experience it in stereo? I have used some pretty shoddy setups, if that helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-03 02:39 by Nikkei.

Date: July 3, 2022 03:14

Nikkei
Rockman

See that seems like the opposite of "simple terms" I gather I have no idea what his "wall of sound" is since I tried to experience it in stereo? I have used some pretty shoddy setups, if that helps.

Best wall of sound example is River Deep Mountain High. A tour de force.

Date: July 3, 2022 03:39

treaclefingers
Nikkei
Rockman

Best wall of sound example is River Deep Mountain High. A tour de force.

It's very orchestral kind of symmetrical

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: July 3, 2022 21:31

It will be numbered and in color and black both and the announcement official

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 3, 2022 21:35

mick64

It will be numbered and in color and black both and the announcement official

Release-date is 21-Oct-2022 - wait for the official announcement by Abkco.

Looks like it's only a re-press on black Vinyl and unnumbered - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: July 3, 2022 21:48

It will be numbered and in color and black both and the announcement officialNo

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: July 3, 2022 22:05

mick64

I read this three times and still cannot figure out what you mean.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 4, 2022 05:55

jackflash27
mick64

I read this three times and still cannot figure out what you mean.

He meant to say that it will be numbered and in color and black both and the announcement officialNo. Ok? I gotGet it. It’s crystal muddy.

Rod

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home