Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Richards Impeccable Knowledge
Posted by: TurnerP ()
Date: June 29, 2022 04:57

Is Keith Richards actually the smartest stone? Is his IQ infact higher than Mick's, or ever Brian's? Watch these compiled moments of the man's deepest philosophies and tell me your opinion.

[youtu.be]

Re: Keith Richards Impeccable Knowledge
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 29, 2022 06:11

Ever hear of the Dunning Kruger effect. That’s Keith.

Posted by: TurnerP ()
Date: June 29, 2022 06:45

Bwahahahahaha well put, couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 29, 2022 06:48

TurnerP
Is Keith Richards actually the smartest stone? Is his IQ infact higher than Mick's, or ever Brian's? Watch these compiled moments of the man's deepest philosophies and tell me your opinion.

[youtu.be]

I think you've created something out of nothing that is oddly brilliant.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 29, 2022 07:07

Cooltoplady

Keith Dunning Kruger Richards. It does have a ring to it. Yes he fits it to a tee.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 29, 2022 07:34

Cooltoplady

Now that is funny, is there a name for people who believe every word the person says?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 29, 2022 13:21

I thus nominate Keith Richards for The House of Commons . Keith Richards as MP

Date: June 29, 2022 17:02

lem motlow
Cooltoplady

Now that is funny, is there a name for people who believe every word the person says?

Gullible

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 29, 2022 21:58

That's taken from one of my favourite dokus which I know literally by heart. These quotes, taken out of context and just part of a sentence where you don't know what the question was, make it extremely difficult to judge if there's any sense in 'em or not.

To see these fragments and ponder the question "Is Keith Richards actually the smartest stone? Is his IQ infact higher than Mick's, or ever Brian's?" is simply rediculous.

It's slightly funny, if anything.

Here's the whole thing:

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 29, 2022 22:25

It’s a bit unfair to label the Dunning Kruger effect on Keith, since he likely doesn’t give a shit. Multiple times I’ve read that he goes into a show always trying to top the last. Of course what he doesn’t mention is that age has limited his physical ability to do so. He was always doing it as good as he can with what he’s got. The bravado he puts into it is more of a pisstake than anything.
I love him for marching on, age be damned. With him you can always be sure that he’s giving it his all, and that, to me, is why he’s the heart of the Stones.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 29, 2022 23:23

Kind of an odd clip to use as an example, IMO. Maybe I need to watch it again.
That being said, I think both of the glimmer twins are very bright and knowledgeable, and both have their own unique perspective. I enjoy hearing their take on things.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-29 23:26 by ryanpow.

Date: June 29, 2022 23:50

JumpingKentFlash
It’s a bit unfair to label the Dunning Kruger effect on Keith, since he likely doesn’t give a shit. Multiple times I’ve read that he goes into a show always trying to top the last. Of course what he doesn’t mention is that age has limited his physical ability to do so. He was always doing it as good as he can with what he’s got. The bravado he puts into it is more of a pisstake than anything.
I love him for marching on, age be damned. With him you can always be sure that he’s giving it his all, and that, to me, is why he’s the heart of the Stones.

That is true but has nothing to do with the topic

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 30, 2022 00:04

ryanpow
That being said, I think both of the glimmer twins are very bright and knowledgeable, and both have their own unique perspective. I enjoy hearing their take on things.

I think there a little bit more on this here.

2 examples:

- when Keith is asked who is the better guitarist and that Ronnie said that he (Ronnie) is it, Keith says to finalize this kind of comparison: "We're both pretty lousy, but together, we're better than ten others..." and you can hear Chris Evans in the backgound "... phantastic."

- talking about his last night when he went to bed at 7:30 AM when he was hanging with friends, listening to some music, some friend came by with a dog and it broke the water dish so they had to clean that up... Chris asks: Do you ever get bored? And Keith replies: " No ... that's why I do this."

These kind of spontanous remarks come out naturally, without reflection, spontanous. That's my impression. Keith seems to have some kind of clear, direct cognition and these words come sharp, whitty, and have some deep wisdom to them.
That's only my personal impression.
And I love it! thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-30 00:06 by waterrats.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 30, 2022 00:08

In my opinion, Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie are all very intelligent guys in differant ways.
They each have a great knowledge in all the subjects they are interested in.
Probably lots of interests we don't even know about.

I speak about this in the present tense....................... as I still feel dear Charlie is with us, and watching every gig from up above. smileys with beer

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 30, 2022 00:17

- when Keith is asked who is the better guitarist and that Ronnie said that he (Ronnie) is it, Keith says to finalize this kind of comparison: "We're both pretty lousy, but together, we're better than ten others..." and you can hear Chris Evans in the backgound "... phantastic."

Not sure, but it's my recollection that Ronnie answered, "we all know who that is", suggesting Keith.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2022 00:23

the Glimmers have an inner
soul that not many others have .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 30, 2022 00:27

Always interested that Rupert lowenstien thought Keith have the most intelligent kind in the stones - his book is surprising on Keith

Date: June 30, 2022 00:36

EJM
Always interested that Rupert lowenstien thought Keith have the most intelligent kind in the stones - his book is surprising on Keith

Yeah, I thought so, too.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2022 00:56

That first clip has Rowley Birkin QC written all over it

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-30 00:57 by Gazza.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 30, 2022 00:58

I don't know who is smartest, Keith's probably the deepest but he's done some not so smart things in his life.

I think we can say for sure Mick is the mind behind the financial success of the Stones and Mick gives the audience what they want and that is their key to continued success.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 30, 2022 01:32

TurnerP

[youtu.be]

For Dutch fans:

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 30, 2022 06:45

waterrats
That's taken from one of my favourite dokus which I know literally by heart. These quotes, taken out of context and just part of a sentence where you don't know what the question was, make it extremely difficult to judge if there's any sense in 'em or not.

To see these fragments and ponder the question "Is Keith Richards actually the smartest stone? Is his IQ infact higher than Mick's, or ever Brian's?" is simply rediculous.

It's slightly funny, if anything.

Here's the whole thing:

Wow! Haven't seen that in a while! It's better than the extra bit on FOUR FLICKS even!!!

Date: June 30, 2022 12:58

waterrats
ryanpow

I think there a little bit more on this here.

2 examples:

- talking about his last night when he went to bed at 7:30 AM when he was hanging with friends, listening to some music, some friend came by with a dog and it broke the water dish so they had to clean that up... Chris asks: Do you ever get bored? And Keith replies: " No ... that's why I do this."

These kind of spontanous remarks come out naturally, without reflection, spontanous. That's my impression. Keith seems to have some kind of clear, direct cognition and these words come sharp, whitty, and have some deep wisdom to them.
That's only my personal impression.
And I love it! thumbs up

I got to say, my favorite part about the staying up late story, is the pronoun 'they'. It implies a whole lifetime at the top. 'They' had to clean it up, haha..

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 30, 2022 13:21

My all time favorite interview on and with the Stones. Very entertaining and the interviewer has a good rythm and he gets it.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 30, 2022 13:23

I think Mick's intelligence is linear while Keith's is non-linear.

By that I mean Mick is card-sharp and can assess a situation quickly and say all the requisite right things. He's a product of the English grammar school system where they teach you to think like that. A good example of that is when he was whisked off to speak to the establishment after his drug bust in 67 and spoke eloquently in a way that probably surprised many people.

Keith has a more spiritual, street sus and poetic way of looking at the world much like classic romantic literary figures like Byron and Coleridge. Keith will go from A to B but will go via the gardens and stop to smell the roses first. Everything done in his own good time.

Date: June 30, 2022 13:26

TurnerP

[youtu.be]

If you want to make it in the music biz, talent and good ideas only is not enough. You also need to be smart and have tremendous social and business skills. Keith has lots of them, but Jagger was probably the best at it, concidering the fact that they are still selling out after 60 years.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 30, 2022 13:42

Just his life experiences and travel would make him pretty damn knowledgeable.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 30, 2022 14:06

They are both(Mick&Keith) very smart, witty and quick. They have spent lot of time answering questions so they have become experts; most of us don't have to practice that skill. The editing of that interview with Chris is done so the Stones look good which is also important in communicating the images. The dumb answers, if any, have probably been edited out.
Rockandroll,
mops

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 30, 2022 16:37

TheflyingDutchman
TurnerP

[youtu.be]

If you want to make it in the music biz, talent and good ideas only is not enough. You also need to be smart and have tremendous social and business skills. Keith has lots of them, but Jagger was probably the best at it, concidering the fact that they are still selling out after 60 years.

"selling out" - possible double meaning...... LOL smoking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 30, 2022 17:09

Gazza
That first clip has Rowley Birkin QC written all over it

video: [www.youtube.com]

Yep,

Keith is Rowley Birkin ..thought so for years grinning smiley

[To be fair...there are two kinds of KR interviews ..those when he was pissed and in blustering bullshit overdrive...

and those when he's straight, when he comes over as a very intelligent and perceptive individual.

Thankfully, these days, he appears much more often sober.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home