Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Ian Hunter "Old Records Never Die" Video
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: June 28, 2022 01:34

Brian Jones is in there...really exceptional collection of portraits..whoever made this really did a nice job. Works perfectly with the song.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Ian Hunter "Old Records Never Die" Video
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 28, 2022 06:23

roryfaninva
Brian Jones is in there...really exceptional collection of portraits..whoever made this really did a nice job. Works perfectly with the song.

video: [www.youtube.com]

And a decent tune, it always reminds me a bit of Two Ships Pass in the Night.

Date: June 28, 2022 09:58

Ships is a classic thumbs up

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 28, 2022 14:20

Ships is a classic, and Ian's original is much better (imo) than Barry Manilow's cover, yet it was Manilow that had a bigger hit from it.

Similar to Once Bitten Twice Shy, most seem to know that from Great White, and is the only one I ever hear on the radio ... but Ian has the superior version!

Date: June 28, 2022 14:49

LeonidP
Ships is a classic, and Ian's original is much better (imo) than Barry Manilow's cover, yet it was Manilow that had a bigger hit from it.

Similar to Once Bitten Twice Shy, most seem to know that from Great White, and is the only one I ever hear on the radio ... but Ian has the superior version!

Agreed thumbs up

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 28, 2022 15:48

Pretty cool. Noticed Bowie seemed to be the only one with any sort of animation, maybe a special nod to writing one of Mott the Hoople's biggest hits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-29 16:26 by kovach.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 29, 2022 17:41

Wow. I been around a long time considering I recognized many in the video, though, a few I have no idea who they are. As a photographer, I am taken in by the portraits. All well selected and excellent, leading the viewer to call up moments in time regarding the subjects and what place they held for you. The song itself just sort of glided by.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home