Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21
Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 29, 2022 20:23

dunhill
ProfessorWolf
I agree but i don't think it's a matter of just Keith continuing or not, i think Mick will want to continue until he can't anymore ( lets face it Mick can continue for another decade if he stops running around the stage ) and Keith is loyal to Mick, plus Keith would hate the thought of Mick continuing without him, i know that all the Stones are in this to the end, that's become clear already, they live for this.
Come on guys, are you seriously discussing the "Stones" performing only with Mick Jagger on stage?
Never gonna happen.

Obviously without Keith and Mick it can't be the Stones, we were discussing if Ronnie became sick would Keith continue with Mick if Mick wanted to.

Also it's obvious by now all the Stones are going to continue until they can't , Mick could be fit enough to continue to sing and front a band for another decade if he wishes to, he has the option of still performing less energetically if he wants to and it would still be great, he still has a that voice. I was saying that Keith is loyal to Mick so would probably continue with him. No discussion about Mick touring as the Stones without any Stones.

Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Date: June 29, 2022 20:37

Mathijs
TheflyingDutchman

Ok. Carlos Santana then, re CYHMK. He stil seems to be relevant winking smiley

Santana has been playing the same three licks for the last 40 years now. If there is any guitarist that has made no progression whatsoever since 1972 it is Santana.

Mathijs

I just told him your message. . He humbly bowed. thumbs up

Date: June 29, 2022 20:56

Doxa
keefriffhards
What are you talking about, i love the Stones.
Wouldn't be going Sunday if i didn't.

Aah, you are the dude that changes his name all the time. You don't like The Stones, you just adore Keith Richards and bash Mick Jagger and bitch him about all the time. Take a look at the 'who started the Stones' thread. Think if Brian Jones had his will and Mick had been kicked out in the early days (damn that Stu). How happy would have your life been like!

- Doxa

Go Doxa, go. grinning smiley

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 29, 2022 20:56

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Hearing things Sam Fender can't make the show because of sickness.

Where did you hear that? I know he has issues with his health but I can’t see anywhere anyone saying he’s got a problem at the moment. Thought he was great at Glastonbury and was looking forward to seeing him on Sunday…

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 29, 2022 21:43

keefriffhards
Grow up

Pick up a Webster Dictionary, read the meaning of the expression and look at yourself in the mirror.

I know it it is hard, probably a mission impossible, but let's be positive.

- Doxa

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 29, 2022 21:53

TheflyingDutchman
Mathijs
TheflyingDutchman

Ok. Carlos Santana then, re CYHMK. He stil seems to be relevant winking smiley

Santana has been playing the same three licks for the last 40 years now. If there is any guitarist that has made no progression whatsoever since 1972 it is Santana.

Mathijs

I just told him your message. . He humbly bowed. thumbs up

I saw Santana at the Shoreline Theater(Northern CA) a long time ago.
I wasn't so interested in him, and his show confirmed it.zzzzz

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 29, 2022 22:16

retired_dog
Green Lady
The problem with CYHMK in 2022 is that of trying to reproduce a jam created many years ago by a particular group of musicians, when only one of them is still on stage (or two if you count Mick, but I'm talking about the instrumental jam here). Which of the original group you miss most is down to you, but it isn't ever going to sound that way again (alas). Keith made a good job of the opening, and the first half worked, but once the jam started it just didn't flow. It isn't anyone's fault for not being an exact copy of the absent person whose part they are playing - and that's the trouble: they are playing a part, not jamming.

Either don't play it (which would be a pity) or play it a lot, and rehearse it a lot, until the jam starts to gel like Midnight Rambler does.

My thoughts exactly. They just play the second part, but they don't jam, there's no fluidity, it does not gel, it does not progress naturally. On the other hand, the second part is not Mozart or Beethoven either, so one or two rehearsal takes (and probably a listen to the original) should suffice to bring the players into the right "mood" for this jam... They're professionals, after all!

Agree completely. I’ve seen Ron play it well and poorly, and MT play it well and pretty well. It may take just a little more work - whether the jam is long or shortened,

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: June 29, 2022 23:57

I think this is Last Evolution of rolling stones (jagger-Richards-wood-jordan- jones+leavel) and they continue as long as possible.
No replacement more. (wood->Taylor would be possible due ilnes for gig Or two)

Date: June 30, 2022 01:05

Doxa
keefriffhards
Grow up

Pick up a Webster Dictionary, read the meaning of the expression and look at yourself in the mirror.

- Doxa

Guilty as charged your honor winking smiley

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 30, 2022 01:42

There was not iorr-infiltrator in the Stones private party tonight?

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: June 30, 2022 02:08

rogerriffin
There was not iorr-infiltrator in the Stones private party tonight?

…explain yourself, please?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 30, 2022 02:15

Tonight was planned a private party to premiere the BBC documentary "my Life as a Rolling Stone" in London

Date: June 30, 2022 09:13

keefriffhards
sjs12
It makes no sense that people are saying that CYHMK was badly played in one breath and then too short in another! If it was played that badly surely you would want it to be as short as possible? confused smiley

Anyway, in my opinion it was especially well played by Keith and Ron did a reasonably good job on the solo. I like the fact it was short, not least because I never thought Mick's harmonica solo suited the song at all and also because frankly the extended jam bit can go on too long at times. It had a slot to fill so it was shortened to fit in that slot, and it worked.

I agree, the long jam goes on a bit and i think Mick gets bored with it so i'd rather have it short and played now and again as to opposed to not being played at all.

The whole point of a jam is that it goes on a bit, lol. Young people these days!

Date: June 30, 2022 11:13

Captain Jack Sparrow
keefriffhards
sjs12
It makes no sense that people are saying that CYHMK was badly played in one breath and then too short in another! If it was played that badly surely you would want it to be as short as possible? confused smiley

Anyway, in my opinion it was especially well played by Keith and Ron did a reasonably good job on the solo. I like the fact it was short, not least because I never thought Mick's harmonica solo suited the song at all and also because frankly the extended jam bit can go on too long at times. It had a slot to fill so it was shortened to fit in that slot, and it worked.

I agree, the long jam goes on a bit and i think Mick gets bored with it so i'd rather have it short and played now and again as to opposed to not being played at all.

The whole point of a jam is that it goes on a bit, lol. Young people these days!

I get the point of the Jam but as i said i think Mick gets bored with it, so i will settle for a shorter version rather than no version of CYHMK. I'm 57 by the way winking smiley

Did you not see the times on the 50th shows when Mick Taylor was building towards a brilliant crescendo on CYHMK and Mick Jagger gestures to cut Taylor off peak solo, i take it Jagger got bored with the length of the song, was he fed up with using his maracas and not being the center of attention for too long.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 30, 2022 12:41

keefriffhards
Doxa
keefriffhards
Grow up

- Doxa

Well, we all are here... A necessary condition to dig the Stones for your whole life... winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 30, 2022 13:35

keefriffhards
Captain Jack Sparrow
keefriffhards
sjs12

I get the point of the Jam but as i said i think Mick gets bored with it, so i will settle for a shorter version rather than no version of CYHMK. I'm 57 by the way winking smiley

Did you not see the times on the 50th shows when Mick Taylor was building towards a brilliant crescendo on CYHMK and Mick Jagger gestures to cut Taylor off peak solo, i take it Jagger got bored with the length of the song, was he fed up with using his maracas and not being the center of attention for too long.

Keeping CHYMK short was the right decision. Who wants the Stones to fill 10 precious minutes reciting that tedious instrumental?

Date: June 30, 2022 15:29

Doxa
keefriffhards
Doxa
keefriffhards
Grow up

- Doxa

Well, we all are here... A necessary condition to dig the Stones for your whole life... winking smiley

- Doxa

Haha yeah that's so true Doxa, and try as we might we just can't help having a favorite Stone, having said that my respect for Mick in recent years has gone up so much, how the man does what he does at almost 79 is beyond comprehension, no other like him on this planet and i applaud him for it, I've said this many times, while they still perform on stage we are not old.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 30, 2022 15:49

The fondations of the Stones, the unique base, are Mick and Keith.
I'm convinced that both of them would continue to play under the "Rolling Stones brand" without Ronnie.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 30, 2022 16:09

powerage78
The fondations of the Stones, the unique base, are Mick and Keith.
I'm convinced that both of them would continue to play under the "Rolling Stones brand" without Ronnie.

100% agree. They are not over sentimental people and love what they do with who they do it with, the show must go on is firmly in their mindset, it's who they are as people and Ronnie knows that, Ronnie is the same he will do this to the very end.
Let's hope all three of them have many years left though because most of us would feel uncomfortable with them continuing without Ronnie. Keith has expressed that he is either tight with Ronnie as a friend or he is not, obviously sometimes they don't see eye to eye and don't get on but i'm sure Keith loves him very much, i think Keith shows that a lot, just lately he hugs Ronnie more than ever, even the odd kiss haha.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 30, 2022 18:05

I wasn't there, but judging by clips it sounds like another strong gig.

A particular question, for folks who discovered Keith's "@#$%& Up" (I don't know how many) on CYHMK: would you like to post any song's clip you consider as the clearest and to check the time of those "@#$%& up"? Just curious...

Date: June 30, 2022 18:54

laertisflash

A particular question, for folks who discovered Keith's "@#$%& Up" (I don't know how many) on CYHMK: would you like to post any song's clip you consider as the clearest and to check the time of those "@#$%& up"? Just curious...

That's news to me, what Keith @#$%& up on CYHMK, do you mean Ronnies solo, that was a complete @#$%& up from start to finish.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 30, 2022 18:54

keefriffhards
Captain Jack Sparrow
keefriffhards
sjs12

Listen to Mick's comment at the end of CYHMK when he yells''@#$%& great,love youMick''.Not saying Taylor was great on every songhe played live on those shows, but this oneIMO he was. It must be hard to get to play one song and leave , without getting the chance to really warm up. And when you have the luxury of playing the whole show it is more likely you will play on some of them well.If Wood were given one song to play a show maybe he would be great on some and noton others. Ifyou isolate the guitars on the Hyde Park 2022 CYHMK, there are numerous mistakes.And it is a flaccid weak version. I guess it still is impressive playing given their ages. But when you have someone like Mathjs here who is vey knowlegable about guitars saying it was great but everything Taylor did was afuck up, I respectfully disagree.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-30 22:09 by Taylor1.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 30, 2022 19:10

keefriffhards
laertisflash

That's news to me, what Keith @#$%& up on CYHMK, do you mean Ronnies solo, that was a complete @#$%& up from start to finish.

The intro is messed up, the riff doesn't go like that. But it's Keith's song so I guess he can play it however he wants to.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 30, 2022 19:21

The intro of CYHMK "is messed up" ???
Come on... I hear the right notes, from intro's start to intro's end...

Date: June 30, 2022 19:31

yeababyyea
keefriffhards
laertisflash

The intro is messed up, the riff doesn't go like that. But it's Keith's song so I guess he can play it however he wants to.

You gotta be kidding

Date: June 30, 2022 19:34

yeababyyea
keefriffhards
laertisflash

The intro was not messed up. Keith has never played the studio intro live, note for note, btw.

There are a couple of places in the beginning of the riff that introduces the jam section where his tone is a little staccato. I wouldn't call that sloppy or bad, like some others do, though.

The whole point with a tune like CYHMK, though, is conveying the energy - especially for the first part. When that tidal wave came over us in Hyde Park, dirty and distorted like hell, no one complained. We were in awe by the experience.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-30 19:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 30, 2022 19:35

Yeah DP but he's calling it a @#$%& up, thats just BS

Date: June 30, 2022 19:43

yeababyyea
keefriffhards
laertisflash

There weren't any @#$%& ups on CYHMK. It goes the way it goes, it's Keith's riff, he can do what the @#$%& hell he wants with it. It's not exactly the same as what went down in a studio 50 years ago among young men in their twenties, but it's still clearly CYHMK, and not one person on here has the authority to dictate how it should go - although maybe the board's moaners should hire a royal park or stadium at great expense, invite 50,000 people to pay a couple of hundred+ each and then climb up on stage and play it to the masses 'the way it should be played'. Good luck with that.
Nor was it a jam - it's a song that wrapped up in five minutes or so because that's how the artists who created it wanted to do it this time around, to the best of their current ability.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 30, 2022 20:17

It's as if people become antsy when there's fewer @#$%& ups to discuss

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 30, 2022 21:17

MadMetaphoricalMax
yeababyyea
keefriffhards
laertisflash

There weren't any @#$%& ups on CYHMK. It goes the way it goes, it's Keith's riff, he can do what the @#$%& hell he wants with it. It's not exactly the same as what went down in a studio 50 years ago among young men in their twenties, but it's still clearly CYHMK, and not one person on here has the authority to dictate how it should go - although maybe the board's moaners should hire a royal park or stadium at great expense, invite 50,000 people to pay a couple of hundred+ each and then climb up on stage and play it to the masses 'the way it should be played'. Good luck with that.
Nor was it a jam - it's a song that wrapped up in five minutes or so because that's how the artists who created it wanted to do it this time around, to the best of their current ability.

Listen to the first minute of the song, plenty of mistakes from Keith there, with Ronnie filling in to hold the song together. Keith's accuracy and timing is poor if judged objectively, but if we keep in mind he's 78 with arthritis it's pretty good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-30 22:12 by yeababyyea.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 20 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home