Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21
Re: ODD CYHMK at Hyde Park
Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: June 29, 2022 12:18

dunhill
Hey, as everyone's complaining I'll throw my two cents in as well.
I could do with a shorter Sympathy For The Devil, I could also do without it too.
When it came back in 1989 it was cool but now it's been 30 years as a staple in the set.
I know the crowd loves to go "ooh ooh" but it kind got old.
Anyway, can't wait to see the show on Sunday, whatever they're gonna play.

Strong agree. I'd be happy if they dropped it entirely, I don't think it's ever worked live. A studio track if there ever was one.

Stray Cat Blues would sound better live but I suppose the lyrics are a little bit too colourful now.

Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Date: June 29, 2022 12:22

So many moaning, repetitive cloth-eared Eeyores on here - the fan board for know-it-alls who HATE the Rolling Stones. Give it a rest. Eff off to another board.
'Keith can't do this, can't play that, this is crap, bum notes everywhere, my dog could play it in his sleep.'
The bum notes are in your head. I was right there near the stage, experienced every moment, soaked it right in along with 50,000 others, who experienced something great and joyous, and the keyboard naysayers are talking shit. Their opinion is worthless static and they really bring this discussion down, and it's a shame. Not everything must be positive, not saying that, but this kind of relentless sour, mewling negativity and criticism really beings these discussions down.

Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 29, 2022 12:30

MadMetaphoricalMax
So many moaning, repetitive cloth-eared Eeyores on here - the fan board for know-it-alls who HATE the Rolling Stones. Give it a rest. Eff off to another board.
'Keith can't do this, can't play that, this is crap, bum notes everywhere, my dog could play it in his sleep.'
The bum notes are in your head. I was right there near the stage, experienced every moment, soaked it right in along with 50,000 others, who experienced something great and joyous, and the keyboard naysayers are talking shit. Their opinion is worthless static and they really bring this discussion down, and it's a shame. Not everything must be positive, not saying that, but this kind of relentless sour, mewling negativity and criticism really beings these discussions down.

Amen to this brother smileys with beer

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 12:32

MadMetaphoricalMax

My thoughts as well.

There won’t be many days left like this, so just enjoy them, while we can.

There was 14 of us there Saturday and some younger nieces & nephews for the first time and they loved it.
Can’t wait for Sunday.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 12:41

It makes no sense that people are saying that CYHMK was badly played in one breath and then too short in another! If it was played that badly surely you would want it to be as short as possible? confused smiley

Anyway, in my opinion it was especially well played by Keith and Ron did a reasonably good job on the solo. I like the fact it was short, not least because I never thought Mick's harmonica solo suited the song at all and also because frankly the extended jam bit can go on too long at times. It had a slot to fill so it was shortened to fit in that slot, and it worked.

Date: June 29, 2022 13:34

sjs12
It makes no sense that people are saying that CYHMK was badly played in one breath and then too short in another! If it was played that badly surely you would want it to be as short as possible? confused smiley

Anyway, in my opinion it was especially well played by Keith and Ron did a reasonably good job on the solo. I like the fact it was short, not least because I never thought Mick's harmonica solo suited the song at all and also because frankly the extended jam bit can go on too long at times. It had a slot to fill so it was shortened to fit in that slot, and it worked.

I agree, the long jam goes on a bit and i think Mick gets bored with it so i'd rather have it short and played now and again as to opposed to not being played at all.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 13:56

Tumlin73
MadMetaphoricalMax

My thoughts as well.

There was 14 of us there Saturday and some younger nieces & nephews for the first time and they loved it.
Can’t wait for Sunday.
So because you spent your moneyto go to a concert and heard it live you are now the Pope or Emperor dictating to everyone what they must like or leave this board.Yeah, right.It’s not hate, just personal criticism. Why don’t you criticize the likes of Mathijs who constantly rips Mick Taylor.You shouldn’t because it’s his opinion.Me thinks you are quite silly

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 13:56

Tumlin73
MadMetaphoricalMax

My thoughts as well.

Can’t wait for Sunday.
So because you spent your moneyto go to a concert and heard it live you are now the Pope or Emperor dictating to everyone what they must like or leave this board.Yeah, right.It’s not hate, just personal criticism. It’s not right or wrong.Why don’t you criticize the likes of Mathijs who constantly rips Mick Taylor.You shouldn’t because it’s his opinion.Me thinks you are quite silly

Date: June 29, 2022 14:09

Perhaps a little unfair to give that reply to Tumlin73, Taylor1?

Look, we all have opinions here, and disagreeing with you is not the same as asking you to leave the board.

Nobody wants you to leave.

Although I personally find it strange that the one time Keith gives us some of the magic from the studio version of CYHMK, you diss it and call it sloppy. But that's your view.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 29, 2022 14:10

Taylor1
Tumlin73
MadMetaphoricalMax

I think all of you who relentlessly complain must be on the younger side. Sooner than you think, you will no longer be able to bash them, or laud them, in the present tense.

My thoughts as well.

Can’t wait for Sunday.
So because you spent your moneyto go to a concert and heard it live you are now the Pope or Emperor dictating to everyone what they must like or leave this board.Yeah, right.It’s not hate, just personal criticism. It’s not right or wrong.Why don’t you criticize the likes of Mathijs who constantly rips Mick Taylor.You shouldn’t because it’s his opinion.Me thinks you are quite silly

Date: June 29, 2022 14:19

Hearing things Sam Fender can't make the show because of sickness.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 29, 2022 14:29

The quality of the solos and Keith's fuckups are not really that important to me. The guys are in their late 70's. Plenty of 78 year olds live in retirement homes. It's unfair to expect solo's like they played some 30+ years ago.

The reasons why I'm not going to Stones concerts anymore are the predictible setlists and the syrocketing prices. Mainly the combination of those two factors. If I could stand in front of the stage for €125, the songlist would not matter that much, but when I have to pay like €300 it does.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 14:40

Taylor1
Tumlin73
MadMetaphoricalMax

My thoughts as well.

Can’t wait for Sunday.

Fair enough.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 14:47

I absolutely loved CYHMK. What a great surprise and tune.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 29, 2022 15:40

People are entitled to their opinion,lets not go down the road of the cancel culture shower

Date: June 29, 2022 15:53

No, as i said in the above post, it's not about just being positive, but at times there's level of relentless negativity that is often then repeated time and again that is really sapping, and doesnt really have a place, to my mind, on a fan board like this, where generally people come cos they really like the Stones, Nuff said...!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 29, 2022 16:01

keefriffhards
My pennies worth.

It was great to hear the short version of CYHMK

The Stones put on a really good show , possibly because the London audience demands it, they have seen and heard it all before ( concert going people ) and as a result they are hard work as an audience. Keith even mutters ass holes if you turn the volume up with speakers on his solo set.

Mick and Keith rose to the occasion, Ronnie struggling a bit, sorry but it's true, Ronnie is the weak link this time out, his energy is down from last year and his solo's are poor.

One more thing, Mick Taylor unrehearsed and winging with a hideous migraine is better than Ronnie on his best ever form, there is no argument, but of course Ronnie compliments Keith and fills in all the gaps and is indispensable at this stage, the only replacement for Ronnie if he can't keep going, ( and i suspect this is Ronnie's last tour.) is Waddy.

i suspect (or at least hope) if ronnie steps down or god forbid his cancer returns

that keith will say enoughs enough and call it a day

because i belevie for keith half the fun of performing is playing onstage with his friends

i think that's why he didn't quit after charlie passed because he's good friends with steve and enjoys playing with him

and i don't know if he has the same kind of bond with waddy and i'm sure he doesn't with mick taylor

Date: June 29, 2022 16:10

ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
My pennies worth.

The Stones put on a really good show , possibly because the London audience demands it, they have seen and heard it all before ( concert going people ) and as a result they are hard work as an audience. Keith even mutters ass holes if you turn the volume up with speakers on his solo set.

Mick and Keith rose to the occasion, Ronnie struggling a bit, sorry but it's true, Ronnie is the weak link this time out, his energy is down from last year and his solo's are poor.

One more thing, Mick Taylor unrehearsed and winging with a hideous migraine is better than Ronnie on his best ever form, there is no argument, but of course Ronnie compliments Keith and fills in all the gaps and is indispensable at this stage, the only replacement for Ronnie if he can't keep going, ( and i suspect this is Ronnie's last tour.) is Waddy.

i suspect (or at least hope) if ronnie steps down or god forbid his cancer returns

because i belevie for keith half the fun of performing is playing onstage with his friends

i think that's why he didn't quit after charlie passed because he's good friends with steve and enjoys playing with him

and i don't know if he has the same kind of bond with waddy and i'm sure he doesn't with mick taylor

I agree but i don't think it's a matter of just Keith continuing or not, i think Mick will want to continue until he can't anymore ( lets face it Mick can continue for another decade if he stops running around the stage ) and Keith is loyal to Mick, plus Keith would hate the thought of Mick continuing without him, i know that all the Stones are in this to the end, that's become clear already, they live for this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-29 16:15 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 29, 2022 16:10

stargroover
People are entitled to their opinion,lets not go down the road of the cancel culture shower

Yep, let the constant and systematic negativity, trolling, hate-talk prevail! Freedom! Trump! Me Me Me! My opinion! Constitution! Those losers, who cannot deal with it, like me, fvck them, stay out of the kitchen if the heat is too much!

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-29 16:13 by Doxa.

Date: June 29, 2022 16:23

Doxa
stargroover

Yep, let the constant and systematic negativity, trolling, hate-talk prevail! Freedom! Trump! Me Me Me! My opinion! Constitution! Those losers, who cannot deal with it, like me, fvck them, stay out of the kitchen if the heat is too much!

- Doxa

Oh the drama queen is upset again, how dare people discuss music when i'm not at the center of attention, you remind me of a male Karen. eye rolling smiley

And what has Trump and politics got to do with the last few pages of discussion. confused smiley

Date: June 29, 2022 16:32

keefriffhards
Doxa
stargroover

- Doxa

Oh the drama queen is upset again, how dare people discuss music when i'm not at the center of attention, you remind me of a male Karen. eye rolling smiley

And what has Trump and politics got to do with the last few pages of discussion. confused smiley

You and your conspiracy theories truely shine here. Enjoy. But you know, some of us actually like The Rolling Stones (minority here, for sure).

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-29 16:35 by Doxa.

Date: June 29, 2022 16:39

What are you talking about, i love the Stones.
Wouldn't be going Sunday if i didn't.

Date: June 29, 2022 16:46

keefriffhards
What are you talking about, i love the Stones.
Wouldn't be going Sunday if i didn't.

Aah, you are the dude that changes his name all the time. You don't like The Stones, you just adore Keith Richards and bash Mick Jagger and bitch him about all the time. Take a look at the 'who started the Stones' thread. Think if Brian Jones had his will and Mick had been kicked out in the early days (damn that Stu). How happy would have your life been like!

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-29 16:49 by Doxa.

Date: June 29, 2022 16:51

Grow up

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 29, 2022 17:30

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
My pennies worth.

I agree but i don't think it's a matter of just Keith continuing or not, i think Mick will want to continue until he can't anymore ( lets face it Mick can continue for another decade if he stops running around the stage ) and Keith is loyal to Mick, plus Keith would hate the thought of Mick continuing without him, i know that all the Stones are in this to the end, that's become clear already, they live for this.

perhaps

i agree that mick wants to continue and probably will for as long as he's able and can enjoy it and not be in to much pain

but keith is obviously more physically frail then mick and i'm sure at so point it's going just be too much for him

and without ronnie even with his loyalties to and seemingly newly revived friendship with mick i just don't know if it be enough insentive for him

maybe if this was twenty years ago but at his age it's just harder for me to see him wanting to continue

and just to clarify i personal hope they keep going till the last one drops

but realistically i'd be happy if they could just make it to 2025 and continue this level of performing

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 29, 2022 17:42

The problem with CYHMK in 2022 is that of trying to reproduce a jam created many years ago by a particular group of musicians, when only one of them is still on stage (or two if you count Mick, but I'm talking about the instrumental jam here). Which of the original group you miss most is down to you, but it isn't ever going to sound that way again (alas). Keith made a good job of the opening, and the first half worked, but once the jam started it just didn't flow. It isn't anyone's fault for not being an exact copy of the absent person whose part they are playing - and that's the trouble: they are playing a part, not jamming.

Either don't play it (which would be a pity) or play it a lot, and rehearse it a lot, until the jam starts to gel like Midnight Rambler does.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 18:35

I can love the Stones (invariably my favourite band after AC/DC) and criticise them Unhesitatingly prefering Taylor to Wood, find Chuck intrusive (what Stu and Nicky never were), note while accepting with tenderness the decline in Keith's playing...

Just as one loving his best friend with all his faults.

I'm not here to idolise icons.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-29 18:36 by powerage78.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 29, 2022 19:08

Green Lady
The problem with CYHMK in 2022 is that of trying to reproduce a jam created many years ago by a particular group of musicians, when only one of them is still on stage (or two if you count Mick, but I'm talking about the instrumental jam here). Which of the original group you miss most is down to you, but it isn't ever going to sound that way again (alas). Keith made a good job of the opening, and the first half worked, but once the jam started it just didn't flow. It isn't anyone's fault for not being an exact copy of the absent person whose part they are playing - and that's the trouble: they are playing a part, not jamming.

Either don't play it (which would be a pity) or play it a lot, and rehearse it a lot, until the jam starts to gel like Midnight Rambler does.

My thoughts exactly. They just play the second part, but they don't jam, there's no fluidity, it does not gel, it does not progress naturally. On the other hand, the second part is not Mozart or Beethoven either, so one or two rehearsal takes (and probably a listen to the original) should suffice to bring the players into the right "mood" for this jam... They're professionals, after all!

Date: June 29, 2022 19:55

powerage78
I can love the Stones (invariably my favourite band after AC/DC) and criticise them Unhesitatingly prefering Taylor to Wood, find Chuck intrusive (what Stu and Nicky never were), note while accepting with tenderness the decline in Keith's playing...

Just as one loving his best friend with all his faults.

I'm not here to idolise icons.

Yeah i like your honesty, especially concerning Chuck, and Keith doing what he can with those fingers, its a miracle he plays at all as far as i'm concerned so we have lower standards for all the remaining Stones ( no one at almost 80 years of age should be compared to their peak or people are being a morons ) now, but it has to be said they still put on a live show that is hard to beat, even ACDC are over the hill now it has to be said.

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: June 29, 2022 20:00

ProfessorWolf
Come on guys, are you seriously discussing the "Stones" performing only with Mick Jagger on stage?
Never gonna happen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home