Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 16 of 21
yde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 27, 2022 21:23

Some nice black & white shots from Jennifer McCord:

[twitter.com]

Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Date: June 27, 2022 21:25

Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Date: June 27, 2022 21:27

Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 27, 2022 21:52

I didn't have a ticket although there were quite a few scalpers around, buying or selling tickets.......... or fake tickets.
Also plenty of Box Office windows to buy tickets, but I and many hundreds of people went for the option of sitting on blankets on the grass in the Park.

Lot's of food was bought along as well as coolers with beer and lager and even
pet dogs were bought along to play around and dancing to the music.

Even able to have an umbrella in case of rain.
Fairly near to the high hoardings and could still see the top of right side screens.
Very good sound for every song, and loved the first half of the show and Keiths'two songs, and because I knew exactly what was coming next in the second half, made my way to the Hyde Park tube station.
Still heard Miss You and Midnight Rambler clearly,and was back home by 11.30pm.

Even caught the last hour or so of the Paul McCartney gig at Glastonbury. smiling smiley

Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 27, 2022 22:43

crawdaddy
because I knew exactly what was coming next in the second half, made my way to the Hyde Park tube station.
Still heard Miss You and Midnight Rambler clearly,and was back home by 11.30pm.
Wow

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 27, 2022 22:45

keefriffhards
Christiaan
My YouTube of
Can’t You Hear Me Knocking? I missed the very first seconds and last 18 seconds due to camera. Uploaded in part 2

The Rolling Stones, Can’t You Hear Me Knocking? Hyde Park, 25-06-2022
[youtu.be]

Such a pity you missed the start of that, probably one of Keith greatest moments in resent history, the sound you recorded was excellent, Thank you so much Christiaan thumbs up

PS. Do you mind telling us what you recorded that on, amazing sound quality.

You’re right it was a great moment, but just put my camera away. I do make just a bit of videos and lot’s of photos on my Canon Powershot SX740HS 40x zoom. But it was a bit cold, so stop for some moments. For this day I used the camera mode. Never did that before. Normally just push the film button. That works better, because now I realized the film was cut in two, camera said film is to long because of 4K. Never had that before. That is why the last 19 seconds were cut off.
The info of the camera is in the YouTube info as wel. Sometimes I use my iPhone 12s or my older camera Sony Cybershot HX60V 30x zoom. The info on YouTube is also for myself to see the diverance in sound of the footage self.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-28 17:41 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 27, 2022 23:15

Tumlin73
Sorry to keep asking, if anybody experienced the Diamond package + hotel, we’re staying at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and if the whole experience was pleasant enough?[/quote

I had that package for Young/Dylan in 2019 and it was very nice. The neighbourhood is nice, a Station just around the corner and the Summer Garden is well worth it.
I had to walk back to the hotel after the show, took me about an hour but even that was okay. Breakfast at the hotel is nice, don't miss it. They have fridges in the rooms and you can fill it up with drinks from the Tesco around the corner.
Mind you, when I came back at around 0.30 every bar was closed, so you might like to Store some drinks and a late night snack at your room. Enjoy!

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: June 27, 2022 23:49

Out of curiosity does anyone know what sort of business the touts were doing? I am tempted to come down for this Sunday but can't afford much. Any feedback most welcome. Thanks!

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 28, 2022 00:11

Papo
Tumlin73
Sorry to keep asking, if anybody experienced the Diamond package + hotel, we’re staying at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and if the whole experience was pleasant enough?[/quote

I had that package for Young/Dylan in 2019 and it was very nice. The neighbourhood is nice, a Station just around the corner and the Summer Garden is well worth it.
I had to walk back to the hotel after the show, took me about an hour but even that was okay. Breakfast at the hotel is nice, don't miss it. They have fridges in the rooms and you can fill it up with drinks from the Tesco around the corner.
Mind you, when I came back at around 0.30 every bar was closed, so you might like to Store some drinks and a late night snack at your room. Enjoy!

Thanks. I always have a drink or two in hand. Walking back to Russell Square on Saturday I was a bit surprised how many bars/restaurants was or were closing for London.
thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 28, 2022 00:50

Captain Jack Sparrow
I think euphoria is an interesting thing. After reading the reviews of this gig I listened and watched it. One of my favourite tracks, cyhmk was praised universally but I am afraid I have to disagree. Compared with the licks tour where the song was probably twice as long and twice as good. Jagger didn’t even play harp at this last gig. They just rushed through it imo

Not to mention the fully developed Glasto 2013 version with Taylor, night and day... with a musician feeling the music and acting like it means something versus a dude who's playing like he's reading the notes off a chart and grinning like he still can't believe how lucky he is to be there, Pat Smears style...It is what it is I suppose.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: June 28, 2022 01:00

On Friday, the Hope & Anchor was open til 1am. It was a fantastic night - a big thankyou to the guys in the band for putting on such a great show ( I really wasn't expecting to hear Can't You Hear Me Knocking two nights in a row).

So after the gig on Saturday, I was really surprised to find that central bars which were heaving, would suddenly announce they were closed with no last orders called. We struggled to get a drink or find a late night restaurant which was very surprising for one of the world's most famous capital cities.

We eventually found a lively gay bar which was open a bit later but had to endure the terrible music. After much wandering, we then found a small late night noodle bar which provided us with food and a seat.

We saw queues of young people waiting to get into nightclubs but I can't understand why middle-aged people aren't allowed to stay up a bit later on a Saturday night in London!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 28, 2022 01:06

Start Me Up

[youtu.be]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 28, 2022 01:23

mr_c_ox
Out of curiosity does anyone know what sort of business the touts were doing? I am tempted to come down for this Sunday but can't afford much. Any feedback most welcome. Thanks!
Go to the Box Office windows on the way to The Serpentine, nearer the time of the gig and make enquiries as to the ticket prices as the price may be lower.
Try to negotiate a cheaper price.
If you don't ask, you don't get.
Has worked for me now and then......... but not always.
When I got to Hyde Park Corner entrance about 3pm,the touts were there in full force buying and selling tickets, and there were signs up in the area, saying the tickets you buy may well be fakes, and beware.
You really got to know what the genuine ticket looks like, and you take a chance............... but I've never bought one off a tout and personally never would. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-28 01:35 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 28, 2022 01:33

That's the problem when you have some code printed on a sheet of paper. I'd absolutely go for a ticket if I can have a look at it. But these didn't come across as touts usually, more situations of people bringing along the tickets of other folks who couldn't make it. I'm really sort of tempted but try to remind myself how I couldn't really appreciate the volume limits they must abide by when they play in parks.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 28, 2022 01:44

Nikkei, you cannot print out the Hyde Park tickets because the QR code changes every 60 seconds. All resales/transfers have to be done through the app.

Date: June 28, 2022 02:45

Topi
Nikkei, you cannot print out the Hyde Park tickets because the QR code changes every 60 seconds. All resales/transfers have to be done through the app.

So everyone has the same code but only if they change in accord they are real? Sounds like blockchain type stuff but then the printouts obviously were just an in-between. So your ticket tout would connect to you via an app? Are there even any old school tickets around?

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: June 28, 2022 02:56

I am sure it was a really nice show. Hopefully the next one will be as good or better.

That Chris Harvey review though IMO is totally detached from reality.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 28, 2022 03:48

Nikkei
Euphoric, majestic business as usual

I am the first to admit I’ve gone euphoric. A LOT. Why not? How could I have been anything other than euphoric when I was treated to such a great, GREAT performance? In such a great vibe? Not so sure whether my mindset can be described as majestic, though…

When someone goes euphoric, there’s always somebody else who goes cynical or sarcastic — often somebody who wasn’t there. This is also business as usual. Same old game.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 28, 2022 05:29

byebyejohnny, thanks for those great b+w photos by J McCord.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 28, 2022 08:30

RisingStone
Nikkei

I am the first to admit I’ve gone euphoric. A LOT. Why not? How could I have been anything other than euphoric when I was treated to such a great, GREAT performance? In such a great vibe? Not so sure whether my mindset can be described as majestic, though…

When someone goes euphoric, there’s always somebody else who goes cynical or sarcastic — often somebody who wasn’t there. This is also business as usual. Same old game.

It was a self-defeating sentence I copied from a media review

Date: June 28, 2022 09:07

Nikkei
RisingStone
Nikkei

It was a self-defeating sentence I copied from a media review

Ah, okay, sorry my bad — if I correctly interpret your post and intention this time.

May I ask you a link to the said media review if you please?

Date: June 28, 2022 09:10

It's on the thread maybe about p11. I'm not trying to be sarcastic about euphoria, certainly not majestic euphoria, rather just about how little meaning in language remains when everything is turned into a sales pitch

Date: June 28, 2022 10:04

Nikkei
It's on the thread maybe about p11. I'm not trying to be sarcastic about euphoria, certainly not majestic euphoria, rather just about how little meaning in language remains when everything is turned into a sales pitch

I can’t find the article but I understand the point you are trying to make. Thanks for your clarifying it.

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: June 28, 2022 11:00

What a GREAT show they gave us again, 57 years + 2 days (20 822 days) since my 2 first Stones shows. Life is good hot smiley

All the Best!

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 28, 2022 11:02

Topi

This is what I’m thinking. My wife & her sisters got tiling to this girl who had travelled on her own from Scotland and she was giving her spare ticket away, didn’t want any money for it.
One of my nephew’s friends had it, and walked in with her.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 28, 2022 11:14

Nikkei
Topi

So everyone has the same code but only if they change in accord they are real? Sounds like blockchain type stuff but then the printouts obviously were just an in-between. So your ticket tout would connect to you via an app? Are there even any old school tickets around?

There may be a very limited number of hard/paper tickets but those are probably mainly for friends&family + other (real) VIPs. And maybe for the people who, for some reason or another, have had problems receiving/accessing their tickets on the app.

The BST app does have a resale/transfer feature so yes, your ticket tout would transfer the ticket over on the app.

The changing QR codes,of course, are unique for each order.

This is what you see in the BST app when you transfer your tickets:

[i.ibb.co]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-28 12:20 by Topi.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 28, 2022 11:39

Date: June 28, 2022 12:32

In the pics of this show Keith been looking pretty fit again.
BV has a pic of Mick and Keith of the IORR front page, and Mick looks kind of like Bill Wyman. He would hate to hear that.

ODD CYHMK at Hyde Park
Date: June 28, 2022 10:47

Anyone else find Cant you hear me knockin, very odd at hyde park? It seemed rushed, short solos, rough and the beat seemed off. Anyone have any insight?

.....keep on rolling.....

Re: ODD CYHMK at Hyde Park
Date: June 28, 2022 11:16

No, not at all. Loved it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 16 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home