Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 21
Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 27, 2022 13:30

Oriongalaxy
daspyknows
Oriongalaxy
daspyknows
Tumlin73
I’m in the diamond vip next week, any thoughts, tips etc who went last night?

I’ll take positive’s or negative’s regarding the hotel etc.

Get there early. Gate 17c pit crowd fun. Find your preferred spot and be ready to work to keep it. Bring in sealed water bottles its allowed. Don't leave you spot too long, rail or catwalk and just soak it all in. Crowd was a bit rough where I was but able to hold the ground. Great sound and well done festival. Doing gold circle next time.

What does that mean "early" for you guys? The gate open st 2pm. When the Stones starts? At around 20? 20:30?
Thanks

Was there at 9. Did a number thing for first 50 and I was 23. By 11 there was a decent crowd. Probably by 11 you could get p
retty close to rail.

By 11 am??? Do you mean we are supose to stand there until 20 when the Stones take over the stage since 11 am at least? That is crazy.
I mean the entrance is open at 1 pm? And the other band's start at around 2pm?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but how could we stand in the Park with no sitting area, limited water and toilets amenities?

Actually it is your choice. It depends on what you want to invest for your prefered spot. Nobody forces you to come early so you can come as you like. If you want a spot on the rail you should come early. If some rows behind is okay just come later. Even If you come shortly before the Stones come on stage you'll have a decent side you. But Diamond VIP is big. Much bigger than the usual pit at Stones shows. Many people enjoy the day at the Summer Garden where you can sit and relax and go shortly before into the Stage area.

Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 27, 2022 13:30

Oriongalaxy
daspyknows
Oriongalaxy
daspyknows
Tumlin73

Get there early. Gate 17c pit crowd fun. Find your preferred spot and be ready to work to keep it. Bring in sealed water bottles its allowed. Don't leave you spot too long, rail or catwalk and just soak it all in. Crowd was a bit rough where I was but able to hold the ground. Great sound and well done festival. Doing gold circle next time.

What does that mean "early" for you guys? The gate open st 2pm. When the Stones starts? At around 20? 20:30?
Thanks

Was there at 9. Did a number thing for first 50 and I was 23. By 11 there was a decent crowd. Probably by 11 you could get p
retty close to rail.

By 11 am??? Do you mean we are supose to stand there until 20 when the Stones take over the stage since 11 am at least? That is crazy.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but how could we stand in the Park with no sitting area, limited water and toilets amenities?

Yeah, it’s nuts! Evidently, some think it’s worth it, though! My brother and I met at 1pm, before embarking on a pub-crawl. We entered the park at around 6pm. Still managed to grab another couple of beers - and food! - in the venue, too. Our GA spot was fine. That, for me, is a far more productive way to spend the day. Each to their own, of course! winking smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 27, 2022 13:45

sjs12

After watching some recent performances from the Stones on this tour and even from last year, I was not expecting much musically. Maybe being at the gig makes all the difference but I felt that they played extremely well. Not as well as Hyde Park 2013, perhaps not as well as the UK No Filter shows a few years ago (with some exceptions) - but I was definitely very happy to hear the band and especially Keith raising their game.

Sacrilege !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 27, 2022 13:46

I was one of the earliest posters on this thread who gave a maximum praise to the show (on p. 10). I have since let the feeling sink in while voices of admiration followed one after another. I am now all the more convinced that those who were there in Hyde Park last Saturday witnessed one of the Stones’ landmark gigs in their entire history.

Me not being an FOS person, I was standing in the rear section of the Golden Circle, between the two PA sheds. Location-wise, it was the best position desirable for one to get the sound. And what a sound it was! Crystal clear all the way. No overpowering, boomy bass, no hisses and shrill in any given moment, just perfect. Sublime even. I can say for sure it was not only the best sound I got at the Stones show but also in all of the rock gigs I have attended in my almost fifty year concert-going. Kudos to Team Stones. Well done, boys!

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: June 27, 2022 14:07

So, now the dust has settled after HP1, what are us IORRians doing in between both gigs, the upcoming days? Any beers to be shared, any pilgrimages to be undertaken together?

Me, I’m off to Brighton for the afternoon. Having me some ‘Quadrophenia’-time… smileys with beer

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 27, 2022 14:17

I think maybe you’re on to something. I have done all the shows so far and Hyde Park was the closest to the front/centre and my sound was not great. Milan I was further back, close to the end of the catwalk by the rail and my sound was incredible

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: June 27, 2022 14:36

Don't take me wrong, I know queuing is WORTH being landed bear the stage, but some of us has its limits, I mean how do you manage with food, water toilets access? Is that possible to have your owned bottle of water /suplements? As mentioned above, we acompany elder uncle who definitely deserves to be at the stage, but how to stand fir nearly 12 hours? That is a question...

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 27, 2022 14:40

Oriongalaxy
Don't take me wrong, I know queuing is WORTH being landed bear the stage, but some of us has its limits, I mean how do you manage with food, water toilets access? Is that possible to have your owned bottle of water /suplements? As mentioned above, we acompany elder uncle who definitely deserves to be at the stage, but how to stand fir nearly 12 hours? That is a question...

In the Diamond VIP you won't have problems getting water, food and a walk to the Toilets especially when you're in a group you can easily leave and come back

Date: June 27, 2022 14:45

hockenheim95
Oriongalaxy

In the Diamond VIP you won't have problems getting water, food and a walk to the Toilets especially when you're in a group you can easily leave and come back

Unfortunately we are in the Gold Circle East sad smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 27, 2022 14:49

sjs12
Oriongalaxy
daspyknows
Oriongalaxy
daspyknows
Tumlin73

Thanks

retty close to rail.

In the old days you just queued up all day at the stadium gates and then sprinted to the front of the pitch! I used to take a few beers and sit outside the gates all day waiting until they opened. No Gold circle or VIP so only diehard fans got to the front, not just people with money.

You could do that for the HP shows in 2013 too with a "cheap" GA ticket (on Ron's side, Keith's side was Pit A, 4+X the price), so not THAT long ago. I don't think that's been possible since and I'm not sure it had been possible since the 1995 (maybe 1998 ?) tours ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 27, 2022 14:52

Oriongalaxy

There are several of you, so you have to take turns to visit the toilets, the bar and the food stands while somebody makes sure your place is secure. Make friends with the people next to you so they know how long you've been there. But (speaking as a bit of an "elder" myself) your uncle is going to need to spend some of that waiting time sitting down (preferably not on the ground) and might value having something to lean against during the show. You need to discuss with him how much discomfort he's ready to endure for his spot at the front, however much you think he deserves it, and perhaps scale down your ambitions a bit.

Date: June 27, 2022 14:59

Thanks @GreenLAdy smiling smiley
Honestly speaking myself (much younger than my other friends/ family members), I had some issues standing nearly 8 hours in Madrid's PIT.

Anyways, we will see!

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: June 27, 2022 15:29

Looks like this and Madrid were the best shows so far.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 27, 2022 15:59

They should put one of these shows on spotify to listen to, or Out of Time as a spotify live 2022 single or something, nice to listen to in the car etc

Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 27, 2022 17:02

The Rolling Stones at BST Hyde Park review: A joyous, euphoric carnival of rock‘n’roll majesty

The Stones taking care of business as usual

By Hamish Macbain
June 27, 2022

Reuters

The previews of the first Stones tour I ever bore witness to were not kind: the sneery consensus being that it was absurd for men of their age to still be playing rock‘n’roll music. That tour was 27 years ago. The album they were promoting – 1994’s Voodoo Lounge – is now as far in the rear view mirror as Jumpin’ Jack Flash was back then. Yet still they roll unstoppably on.

A lot has changed. The first time Mick and Keith played Hyde Park, in 1969, it was just two days after Brian Jones had become the first of the gang to die: his passing marked by Jagger’s reading of Shelley’s Adonais, followed by the release of several hundred white butterflies into the crowd. On Saturday night, it was the dearly departed Charlie Watts’ turn to be eulogised in more modern fashion. Prior to his bandmates’ arrival onstage, the giant screens displayed a montage of his smiling face through the ages.

Then, though, it was very much the Rolling Stones taking care of business as usual. As he strode out to the front of the stage and fired up Street Fighting Man, Keith Richards still wore the evil grin of the cat who invented the concept of getting the cream. A similarly ecstatic-looking Ronnie Wood followed, before Jagger darted past the pair of them, post heart surgery, post bout of Covid, dancing like… well, frankly it’s now getting a bit boring noting how astonishing it is for a man of his age – 79 next month – to put in such a high-energy performance for over two hours. But it does remain utterly astonishing.

From there on in, this was a joyous, euphoric carnival of rock‘n’roll majesty. 2020’s lockdown-inspired Living in a Ghost Town aside, every song played, bar the Keith-sung Slipping Away (from 1989’s Steel Wheels), was over 40 years old. But no one – not the band, certainly not the audience – would have had it any other way. Relative obscurities were dusted off in the shape of the flower powered She’s A Rainbow, Can’t You Hear Me Knocking?’s filthy, freeform blues and a string-laden Out Of Time: the latter given the new lease of life you would expect a song to get once it has soundtracked Brad Pitt swaggering through a Tarantino movie in white denim and sunglasses.

That trio aside, it was icons only. Brown Sugar has been quietly retired – Google its working title to get an idea as to why – but You Can’t Always Get What You Want, Honky Tonk Women, Miss You, Paint It Black, Start Me Up and Gimme Shelter were all present and way beyond correct. Midnight Rambler was strung out to 10 minutes of dramatic pauses and entwining guitar riffs, and even then felt too short.

An encore of Sympathy For The Devil and (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction took Hyde Park even higher. Many in the departing masses wondered aloud whether this would be the last time we would get to see the Rolling Stones. Unlikely, I would say. On this evidence, I wouldn’t be surprised if my grandchildren’s grandchildren get the chance too.

[www.standard.co.uk]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 27, 2022 17:03

Oriongalaxy: Unopened 0,5 l water bottles are allowed in Hyde Park. Outside food is not, but not that hard to sneakon little snacks like protein bars etc.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 27, 2022 17:06

gotdablouse
keefriffhards
First 11 songs, good quality but this section of the audience seem to suffer from attention deficit disorder winking smiley [www.youtube.com]

Haha, yes that blonde guy was glasses started spending a lot of time looking towards the back chatting with his friends, how annoying for people behind him...

People that are busy having conversations aren't there for the music or the artist, they're just there to say they were there. They're fake fans. Like glasses and leather jacket just talking throughout CYMHK.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 27, 2022 17:08

Topi
Oriongalaxy: Unopened 0,5 l water bottles are allowed in Hyde Park. Outside food is not, but not that hard to sneakon little snacks like protein bars etc.

We got there just before 19.00 and my 2 friends had rucksacks and wasn’t even searched for the general admission.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 27, 2022 17:13

Euphoric, majestic business as usual

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 27, 2022 17:16

Sorry to keep asking, if anybody experienced the Diamond package + hotel, we’re staying at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and if the whole experience was pleasant enough?

yde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 27, 2022 17:17

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 27, 2022 17:19

GasLightStreet
gotdablouse
keefriffhards
First 11 songs, good quality but this section of the audience seem to suffer from attention deficit disorder winking smiley [www.youtube.com]

Haha, yes that blonde guy was glasses started spending a lot of time looking towards the back chatting with his friends, how annoying for people behind him...

People that are busy having conversations aren't there for the music or the artist, they're just there to say they were there. They're fake fans. Like glasses and leather jacket just talking throughout CYMHK.

There were a few like that around me. They seriously need to turn the music up! However, that's not going to happen with no doubt very strict environmental noise limits to meet.

Date: June 27, 2022 17:30

I was near the mixing desks and more or less in the centre and there was a Sloaney female from Chelsea with two idiot chelsea boys in attendance who kept talking and talking and TALKING. I grew to loathe and hate them so much I could've ripped out their throats. Luckily she naffed off for a piss and they followed, so we didn't hear from those hideous Sloaney nightmares again.
It was, with the crosswinds, just a bit too quiet at first.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 27, 2022 18:18

Show was great but the merch was lousy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-27 18:19 by babyblue.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 27, 2022 20:06

My YouTube of
Can’t You Hear Me Knocking? I missed the very first seconds and last 18 seconds due to camera. Uploaded in part 2

The Rolling Stones, Can’t You Hear Me Knocking? Hyde Park, 25-06-2022
[youtu.be]

Date: June 27, 2022 20:07

Part 2 of
Can’t you Hear Me Knocking?

[youtu.be]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 27, 2022 20:50

deeeskannnie
So, now the dust has settled after HP1, what are us IORRians doing in between both gigs, the upcoming days? Any beers to be shared, any pilgrimages to be undertaken together?

Me, I’m off to Brighton for the afternoon. Having me some ‘Quadrophenia’-time… smileys with beer

LCD Soundsystem Tuesday at Brixton Academy, First day of Rock Werchter to see First Aid Kit, Pearl Jam, War on Drugsvagain and the Pixies, eating and drinking in Antwerp Friday before returning to London.

Date: June 27, 2022 20:58

She’s A Rainbow

[youtu.be]

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 27, 2022 21:06

Christiaan
My YouTube of
Can’t You Hear Me Knocking? I missed the very first seconds and last 18 seconds due to camera. Uploaded in part 2

The Rolling Stones, Can’t You Hear Me Knocking? Hyde Park, 25-06-2022
[youtu.be]

Such a pity you missed the start of that, probably one of Keith greatest moments in resent history, the sound you recorded was excellent, Thank you so much Christiaan thumbs up

PS. Do you mind telling us what you recorded that on, amazing sound quality.

Date: June 27, 2022 21:17

I think euphoria is an interesting thing. After reading the reviews of this gig I listened and watched it. One of my favourite tracks, cyhmk was praised universally but I am afraid I have to disagree. Compared with the licks tour where the song was probably twice as long and twice as good. Jagger didn’t even play harp at this last gig. They just rushed through it imo

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home