Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 21
Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 26, 2022 13:52

Nice and funny review

( unfotunately only in Dutch , you can use Google translatesmiling smiley )

[www.demorgen.be]

Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 26, 2022 13:55

lem motlow
The return of the riff master-

If I paid my money and he came out and played that intro to knockin like he did at this show and they just left I would’ve walked away happy.
They were showing a spark in the States but they’re just torching it in Europe.
I’ve been watching the Stones live for 47 years now and it takes me 5 seconds to tell when they’re firing on all cylinders.

Defying every law of physics, gravity,science, common sense , WTF doesn’t even begin to cover it.
Keith even looked like Keith again, keep the hat lose the beanie Riff.

Could not agree more, Keith turning back the clock 20 years, and the way he moved and played was noticeable right from the start with such intent, even on Sympathy, as you say Lem you can always tell what Keith's going to be like from the first few chords, which Keith has showed up, what mood he's in.

I gave up my tickets for last night to my Son and his new wife as part of a honeymoon gift, what a mistake to make, hopefully they bring their A Game for Hyde Park 2, that will probably be the last time for me.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 26, 2022 14:24

Great show last night. Worth the trip over already. Sound was phenomenal and band was phenomenal. Definitely better than any of the 3 shows I attended in the US last tour. Great seeing lots of friends from all over. Good meeting a few folks from on here too.

Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 26, 2022 14:32

The Rolling Stones BST review: Mick Jagger and Keith Richards knocked it out of Hyde Park

THE ROLLING STONES BST Hyde Park review. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood honoured the legacy of Charlie Watts with a spectacular, colourful and incredibly energetic set celebrating 60 years together.

By George Simpson
Jun 26, 2022

Getty Images

In an era where the classic rock generation is beginning to wind down and retire, The Rolling Stones show no sign of stopping. The band formed in 1962 lost their drummer Charlie Watts, who died at the age of 80 last year, but are determined to tenaciously carry on as he’d no doubt want them to. Following support acts like Phoebe Bridgers and The War on Drugs, BST Hyde Park’s stage came alive with touching tribute pictures and footage of their late band member before the show began.

Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood, alongside a powerful backing band burst onto the stage to an enthusiastic crowd, as they kicked off with Street Fighting Man

The Rolling Stones frontman, who incredibly turns 79 next month, spent over two hours dancing up and down the stage with the energy of a man in his twenties.

As other acts of their era struggle with health issues and waning voices as old age creeps in, the singer infectiously energised the audience as though it was 1962 again.

He made it known from the off that it was their first concert in London since losing Watts, before dedicating the incredible set to him.

The first half saw classic tracks like You Can’t Always Get What You want complimenting newer ones like lockdown song Living in a Ghost Town.

Throughout, Jagger led audience participation with claps and repeated howls making sure that there wasn’t a dull moment.

Dressed just as colourfully were Richards and Wood, thrilling the crowd with their epic guitar riffs, and even leading the singing for a couple of tracks halfway through.

Just like Sir Elton John the night before, The Rolling Stones went out of their way to extend their hits with some improvised inclusions from the rest of the band, as speculator animations appeared on the screen behind them.

As the end of the concert approached, The Rollings Stones brought out the favourites with Start Me Up, Paint It Black and Jumping’ Jack Flash. An encore highlight had Sympathy for the Devil accompanied by rising sparks visual effects, before the big finale.

For Gimme Shelter's female vocals, The Voice US semi-finalist Sasha Allen joined Jagger at the front of the walkway stage, blowing the crowd away with her unbelievable singing. By the time (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction closed, the audience had had their fill and more.

The Rolling Stones won’t be slipping away anytime soon if they can help it. Here's to many more years of Mick, Keith and Ronnie making Charlie proud.

[www.express.co.uk]

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 26, 2022 15:03

DandelionPowderman
CYHMK rocked. Excellent show.

Hey Bard, interested in what you thought of Keith's performance, pleased you enjoyed the show, hope you give a review later.thumbs up

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 26, 2022 15:58

A thoroughly enjoyable show.

I was in GA & the sound was above-average for a field show with a swirling wind. Big screens were excellent. Presentation for all us poor people in GA could not have been better. Effort, care & technology for ALL attendees was great yesterday.

The band were on top form. No complaints from me.
I Departed during the encore & legged it for the tube( i couldn't afford to get stuck in long queues, as i had a lift waiting for me in Hammersmith to get me home.)

So pleased i made the effort to attend. A combination of a hectic life, train strikes & apathy mean't i wasn't sure i was going to bother.

So disappointed (due to transport strikes) that i couldn't attend the fridy night IORR gig, or saturday pre-drinks. (hopefully) another time.
Anyone with tickets for the rest of the tour is in for a treat. Enjoy.

Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 26, 2022 16:07

GREAT photo by Geir Greni on the review page:

[iorr.org]

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 26, 2022 16:27

That picture of Mick and Keith hugging really gets to me.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 26, 2022 16:32

very good show to my taste ! The was very good, not too loud and quite clear. Mick's voice was very clear and Keith's guitar playing was strong.
Charlie is indeed missed. The energy gain of the band was maybe paid by a swing loss ? Great weather, good mood, nice joke and onstage friendship, what else do a poor boy need ?

PS I found the double sax solo on miss you very enjoyable !

Date: June 26, 2022 16:54

bengigan
I vote they continue with no song vote
I like the total surprise whereas with song vote we usually know what it’s going to be

Considering the way that they have been doing the "song vote" in recent years,I agree. They might as well be done with it.

I am not looking forward to any more song votes with four choices of Wild Horses / Beast of Burden / Angie / or Dead Flowers.

It was great the way they did it on the Bridges to Babylon Tour with a lengthy list of reasonably uncommon songs ..... or at least of songs that were uncommon at that time.

In recent years,interesting song votes have been few and far between.The vote in North Carolina 2015 was an exception.All four songs that had not been performed there ..... at least not for a very long time.If they use that strategy,then I wouldn't mind if they brought back the vote.If it is going to be like it has been recently,then I would not recommend bringing it back.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 17:00

Really great show..
I only have a few vids - sadly.. last 7 songs and a partial. Sad story that ends with loss of 12 songs forever.

[www.youtube.com]

We were halfway down on catwalk on Keith side - our preferred spot, stage was very very high so lots of fans, lights were blocking some of view but it was still awesome view especially because Mick/others stopped right in front of us. They recognized a couple of my companions as long time faces in the PIT and check out when they do - Easter eggs for you to find. smiling smiley
vids are shaky due to need for zoom and holding camera above head some and just overall terrible stabilization on Sony DSC-HX9 but some cool moments.

Let me know what you think. Also point out any other high quality vids I should peruse - especially if sound is good but let me know any.. iPhone Pro 12/13 max etc. are so great (Matt Lee vids), once they get more zoom they will usurp cameras.. I am an Android bigot for techy reasons you don't care about but occasionally think about switching back to iPhone (used them long ago)

Had major vid fail though. A bunch of amateur mistakes and all that led to losing the teeny micro card that has 9 of the first 12 songs.. Sad, Sad, Sad argg. sad smiley Pretty epic show to goof. but first world problem and I have ALOT of vids so moving on.

1st amateur mistake - not double checking camera card.. It was loaded but it was way too small (32gb)
2nd mistake - not having extra backup cards right at the ready (in pocket ready to load) - bad to change in dark, didn't have anything but batteries in pocket easily accessible
3rd mistake and this is the deadly one.. not safely storing the 32gb full one in a place that it would not get lost. It got lost.. probably on the ground with all the trash and mélange on the ground or the long walk out, a few other stops - could have been pulled out of a pocket at some point.. who knows.

Can I say how much I already loathed those tiny micro SD cards even before this? And yes I have the SD adapter cards to hold them in a larger card for storage but ultimately you have to futz a card the size of a Tic Tac to insert and remove.

Cheers and Mick Jagger is a God.

Date: June 26, 2022 17:22

Was it just to the left of the stage that you couldn’t hear Sasha Allen?
Sounded like her mic was turned off during Gimmie Shelter.

Anyone else notice that?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 26, 2022 17:23

So much could be said about this show. It was great having a beer after the show and reflect a bit. So many great moments. New memories created. It's always great to have a beer after a show when you have more shows to look forward to. I'm already dreading the moment after the final bow in Berlin, well knowing it could be the last Stones show. That beer in Berlin will be a bit sad. Catch your dreams before they slip away, I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-26 17:24 by The Worst..

Date: June 26, 2022 17:33

Thanks to everyone for their pics and reviews! When was the Mick and Keith hug, intros?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 26, 2022 17:53

Stonesfan2146
Big Al
A typical Stones performance in 2022: ropey in spots, but still a thoroughly enjoyable show all round. I had a surprisingly good view from my GA position, and the sound was perfectly fine throughout. It was nice to hear She’s A Rainbow for the first time, and the last time I heard Can’t You Hear Me Knocking must’ve been at the o2 in 2007. The other two ‘first-times’ for me, were 19th Nervous Breakdown and Out of Time. All in all, a good day out!

Any recommendations where to go next week to have a good view? I also have GA for the 2nd show. smiling smiley

The big screen halfway down the field (Delay 07) shows high quality video of what's happening on stage (plus the sign-language chap) - the sound is excellent and there's room to dance. There are probably better GA spots further forward, but due to transport problems I won't bore you with they were all taken by the time I arrived.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 26, 2022 18:02

Really enjoyed Keith's solo on Satisfaction. The whole band was really into it. Great version!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 26, 2022 18:04

makemeburnthecandle
Thanks to everyone for their pics and reviews! When was the Mick and Keith hug, intros?

They hugged at least twice. Once after CYHMC, and then after the final bow (which is I think the one you are asking about).

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 26, 2022 18:26

Great gig. Not quite the standard reached in Sweet Summer Sun in 2013. The single biggest thing ...same as 2013 ...turn it up! Just not loud enough.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 26, 2022 18:39

A great show and a great day out. Good to see plenty of familiar faces and to say hello to some Stones buddies that I've known for many years now.

Really cool to get She's A Rainbow and CYHMK. Definitely a different vibe on the second section of CYHMK due to Steve Jordan, but that was not necessarily a bad thing. It was just played differently, but it sounded great.

The sound was great, not as loud as the other stadium shows on the tour, and due to the wind it did go a little bit funny at times, but the crispness of the guitars and vocals etc. was superb, something which I've come to expect over recent years.

I'm glad Keith ditched the beanie for the bandana. He looked super cool. He played great and looked like he was enjoying himself.

Mick as always is a revelation, just stunning to watch him work the crowd and to do the moves like, well, Jagger...

Ronnie played some great bits and some not so great bits. Sometimes he looks like he's having the time of his life, and at other times he looks either a little lost, or just super focused on what is going on.

Already looking forward to next Sunday!

Really interesting to watch the sign language guys during the set. I wonder what the sign language is for "you make a dead man cum..."

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-27 17:35 by Mr Jimmy.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 18:46

Hairball
bam
StonedRambler
bam
That CYHMK was almost like when they used to play abridged versions of FM songs as singles on AM radio. Very short sax and guitar breaks. Great KR riffing, but other than that . . . .
It just totally misses Charlie's swing... Compare how static it sounds compared to this: [www.youtube.com]
(They played it like double tempo or so tonight. Like some beat song)
It seemed like Mick wanted to get on with it - then be done with it.

Keith was darn good, but it was generally a weak version....especially the sax solo.
Bobby is dearly missed especially on tunes like this, as is Charlie...something's just not right....it's almost like a cover band now.
Ronnie did ok with his mock-up version of the classic MT solo - better than he did in the past.
Ultimately, a shame the tune was abbreviated so much - it really deserves much more improv.

Hi Hairball, are you currently in Europe?
I watched CYHMK on YouTube and I recognize some of the things you mention. It's very normal that songs like CYHMK, MY and MR are now different. Whatever way you look at it, Charlie was a rock drummer with a strong jazz spirit and you can hear it on those songs. On other songs I think the power of Steve makes them feel younger. The opening series in Liverpool were really feeling great because of that.
I hope they will do CYHMK on July 3rd too, so I can judge (but far more important, enjoy) it live on the spot. I don't mind the pace, but hope the sax will be a bit more daring. I remember them playing the song in Boston 2002 and remember Ronnie doing a great job with a daring solo. Keep up Ron! And yes, Keith opened really great.

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 26, 2022 18:49

ProfessorWolf
DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.instagram.com]

just woweye popping smileysmiling smiley

seriously who thought would be possible ten years ago

frankly i'm more excited as a fan seeing that single expression of what seems to be genuine spontaneous affection and friendship between two men who have known each for the better part of a century

and who's friendship resulted in the creation of some the best music of all time

before then falling into a state of mutal dislike even hatred for decades

then i am at hearing them play cyhmk again

or honestly perhaps more then even a new album

anyone else with me here?

seriously to me that is the defining image of this anniversary and tour for me

+1 smileys with beer

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 26, 2022 19:08

I love these types of articles as it really highlights how the Stones continue to endure and seem to defy time and the odds...

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-26 19:11 by Sighunt.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 19:27

MartinB
makemeburnthecandle

They hugged at least twice. Once after CYHMC, and then after the final bow (which is I think the one you are asking about).

Yes I remember those two times too! The pictures are from the second one

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 19:30

exhpart
Great gig. Not quite the standard reached in Sweet Summer Sun in 2013. The single biggest thing ...same as 2013 ...turn it up! Just not loud enough.

Totally agree about the volume, for me it just didn’t come across and seemed a beat behind on some songs.
But to be honest I know basically nothing about music, it just must be me.

Date: June 26, 2022 19:38

Adrian-L
A thoroughly enjoyable show.

I was in GA & the sound was above-average for a field show with a swirling wind. Big screens were excellent. Presentation for all us poor people in GA could not have been better. Effort, care & technology for ALL attendees was great yesterday.

The band were on top form. No complaints from me.
I Departed during the encore & legged it for the tube( i couldn't afford to get stuck in long queues, as i had a lift waiting for me in Hammersmith to get me home.)

So pleased i made the effort to attend. A combination of a hectic life, train strikes & apathy mean't i wasn't sure i was going to bother.

So disappointed (due to transport strikes) that i couldn't attend the fridy night IORR gig, or saturday pre-drinks. (hopefully) another time.
Anyone with tickets for the rest of the tour is in for a treat. Enjoy.

Was hoping to see you on the Friday night ( odean73 ) Adrian. I was in general admission last night with around 14 family & friends that includes nieces & nephews and some their first time and they loved it. Would have been nice to have met up.
I’m going next week, but as a retirement present, treated me & the Mrs to a vip ticket.

Date: June 26, 2022 19:48

I’m in the diamond vip next week, any thoughts, tips etc who went last night?

I’ll take positive’s or negative’s regarding the hotel etc.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 26, 2022 20:18

The hug after final bow. [youtu.be]

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-26 20:19 by Niek.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 26, 2022 20:46

Tumlin73

Get there early. Gate 17c pit crowd fun. Find your preferred spot and be ready to work to keep it. Bring in sealed water bottles its allowed. Don't leave you spot too long, rail or catwalk and just soak it all in. Crowd was a bit rough where I was but able to hold the ground. Great sound and well done festival. Doing gold circle next time.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 26, 2022 21:06

is this already been posted? apologies if that's so

ain't this something? like a darn great version of GS
love u keith

Date: June 26, 2022 21:07

daspyknows
Tumlin73

Get there early. Gate 17c pit crowd fun. Find your preferred spot and be ready to work to keep it. Bring in sealed water bottles its allowed. Don't leave you spot too long, rail or catwalk and just soak it all in. Crowd was a bit rough where I was but able to hold the ground. Great sound and well done festival. Doing gold circle next time.

Thanks so much.

In a way was hoping to be a more relaxed atmosphere, but no probs with standing my ground, supporting Bham City brings you up.

But to be honest these days I don’t mind taking a back step and having the space to do my stupid dancing.
Was there a goody bag?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home