Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 21
Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 26, 2022 09:07

ProfessorWolf
DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.instagram.com]

just woweye popping smileysmiling smiley

seriously who thought would be possible ten years ago

frankly i'm more excited as a fan seeing that single expression of what seems to be genuine spontaneous affection and friendship between two men who have known each for the better part of a century

and who's friendship resulted in the creation of some the best music of all time

before then falling into a state of mutal dislike even hatred for decades

then i am at hearing them play cyhmk again

or honestly perhaps more then even a new album

anyone else with me here?

seriously to me that is the defining image of this anniversary and tour for me

Yes I'm totally with you here, they are definitely friends again smiling smiley

Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 09:08

I thought the Hyde Park BST stage and screens in particular were better than the Ones used on the rest of the tour. Massive massive images

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 26, 2022 09:09

Rainbow was the first surprise.
And the second, CYHMK. I love this song and heard first time since 2015.
They should do more frequently.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 26, 2022 09:15

My God. That pic of Mick and Keith absolutely says it all.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: June 26, 2022 09:18

So nice to hear CYHMK! But where was the crowd response?!?

Now I understand Mick's obsession with keeping the energy high...

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 26, 2022 09:32

U2Stonesfan
DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.instagram.com]

Fantastic!!!

This is beautiful.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 26, 2022 09:33

Green Lady
Just got home off the Tube. That was one seriously amazing show, and Mick & Keith both enjoying it immensely. I was already pleased to get Rainbow (though I missed the actual rainbow) and then getting CYHMK completely out of the blue was a lovely surprise (though Charlie and Bobby are much missed in the jam section - but the first part was great).

They switched Gimme Shelter for Sympathy at the end, which I thought worked well.

I was down by the big screen, and the guy doing the signing was great fun to watch - looked like he was having a blast doing it. Thoroughly enjoyable evening, everyone in good form, and it didn't rain.

Edit: looks as though I am now banned by DREAMTIME for not trying to stream a song with the very shaky Hyde Park signal and my fading battery, so this may be my last post...

So glad you got to and enjoyed the show.

Date: June 26, 2022 09:34

Sasha on GS. Lovely. Haven't heard her bend those notes like that before. Just great!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 26, 2022 09:49

Papo
Wow, Keith and Ronnie nailed it (on CYHMK)!
More or less, Keith messed up the start and then "Good Time" Ronnie played the solo like he was reading the notes off a score for a cover band, look at CYHMK from Glasto with Taylor and see what music means to musicians who "feel" it.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 26, 2022 09:53

DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.instagram.com]

Amazing! When was the last time they hugged on stage (if ever)?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 10:17

ProfessorWolf
DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.instagram.com]

just woweye popping smileysmiling smiley

seriously who thought would be possible ten years ago

frankly i'm more excited as a fan seeing that single expression of what seems to be genuine spontaneous affection and friendship between two men who have known each for the better part of a century

and who's friendship resulted in the creation of some the best music of all time

before then falling into a state of mutal dislike even hatred for decades

then i am at hearing them play cyhmk again

or honestly perhaps more then even a new album

anyone else with me here?

seriously to me that is the defining image of this anniversary and tour for me

TRUE!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 26, 2022 10:20

The return of the riff master-

If I paid my money and he came out and played that intro to knockin like he did at this show and they just left I would’ve walked away happy.
They were showing a spark in the States but they’re just torching it in Europe.
I’ve been watching the Stones live for 47 years now and it takes me 5 seconds to tell when they’re firing on all cylinders.

Defying every law of physics, gravity,science, common sense , WTF doesn’t even begin to cover it.
Keith even looked like Keith again, keep the hat lose the beanie Riff.

Date: June 26, 2022 10:44

lem motlow

If I paid my money and he came out and played that intro to knockin like he did at this show and they just left I would’ve walked away happy.
I’ve been watching the Stones live for 47 years now and it takes me 5 seconds to tell when they’re firing on all cylinders.

Defying every law of physics, gravity,science, common sense , WTF doesn’t even begin to cover it.

+1

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 10:52

lem motlow

He moved around the stage a lot more than usual last night, even coming down the catwalk a few times. That’s a good Sign he’s happy. And that warm embrace with Mick at the end showed they both knew they’d just delivered a top show. My 40th lifetime show and I was lucky enough to see it from the front row smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 26, 2022 11:37

A typical Stones performance in 2022: ropey in spots, but still a thoroughly enjoyable show all round. I had a surprisingly good view from my GA position, and the sound was perfectly fine throughout. It was nice to hear She’s A Rainbow for the first time, and the last time I heard Can’t You Hear Me Knocking must’ve been at the o2 in 2007. The other two ‘first-times’ for me, were 19th Nervous Breakdown and Out of Time. All in all, a good day out!

Date: June 26, 2022 11:51

Just watching the videos of it, it’s awe inspiring.
When Keith is sitting on the drum riser finger picking the blues during rambler, I don’t care what year you compare it to - trust me, that was the real raw Rolling Stones.
They were in their hometown and it showed, anyone lucky enough to see that show and have any complaints just wants to be unhappy.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 12:00

Big Al
A typical Stones performance in 2022: ropey in spots, but still a thoroughly enjoyable show all round. I had a surprisingly good view from my GA position, and the sound was perfectly fine throughout. It was nice to hear She’s A Rainbow for the first time, and the last time I heard Can’t You Hear Me Knocking must’ve been at the o2 in 2007. The other two ‘first-times’ for me, were 19th Nervous Breakdown and Out of Time. All in all, a good day out!

Any recommendations where to go next week to have a good view? I also have GA for the 2nd show. smiling smiley

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 26, 2022 12:02

Sounds like a great show and I’m really looking forward to seeing them next Sunday. Agree with most of the comments on here (from clips I’ve seen) re Keith, CYHMK and ‘that’ hug etc… so good to see… And yeah, the shift from beanie to bandana is long overdue smiling smiley

On a side note, I find the issue of logistics etc really interesting when they play London and essentially have a proper tour break in between dates… I guess they all disappear ‘home’ (Redlands etc) straight after the gig, put the back line into storage somewhere and then reconvene the night before the next gig?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 12:03

Nice to hear She's a Rainbow again.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-26 13:47 by powerage78.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 12:16

This was by far one of the best shows I've seen since The Fonda in 2015. The band was on fire!

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: June 26, 2022 12:33

Anyone could please advice on how early we should go on July 3rd? We are with elder uncle, who can't stand there like 12 hours. We would like to Secure his spot in Golden East possibly near the stage.
Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Date: June 26, 2022 12:41

powerage78

Insipid CYHMK, Ronnie as a tourist during a solo worthy of a fairground band. Do not compare this live moment with those where Mick Taylor played, day and night and I am polite.

I love Mick Taylor, I spent almost an hour talking about guitars and the blues with him once upon a time.
He’s a great lead guitarist but his playing could’ve been done by Clapton, Santana or even Harvey Mandel or Wayne Perkins.
That’s not a cut, those are great players but Ronnie brings the original Stones, the early Brian years where fancy leads don’t mean a thing.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 26, 2022 12:46

Really fantastic show. It was a real ache getting into London and out again but it was worth it. Got home to Bristol at 2am and couldn't go to sleep as I was so hyped up!

The sound at BST and screens were incredible. The Stones sounded fantastic and they looked like they were having so much fun. I'm not sure I have heard Mick swear so much in a show! a sure sign he is having fun.

All in all a fantastic show. How is this even possible given everything these guys (and us) have been through in recent years. Brings a tear to your eyes for sure!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 12:53

lem motlow
powerage78

Insipid CYHMK, Ronnie as a tourist during a solo worthy of a fairground band. Do not compare this live moment with those where Mick Taylor played, day and night and I am polite.

I love Mick Taylor, I spent almost an hour talking about guitars and the blues with him once upon a time.
He’s a great lead guitarist but his playing could’ve been done by Clapton, Santana or even Harvey Mandel or Wayne Perkins.
, those are great players but Ronnie brings the original Stones, the early Brian years where fancy leads don’t mean a thing.
Maybe they could replace Taylor..And there are plenty of guitarists who could replace Wood and do what he does.Waddy Wachtel for example.And Wood plays nothing like Brian did in the early days. People have been lauding over El Mocambo on this site.His guitar playing on that sounds nothing like the Keith /Brian sound.And in any event, the Taylor /Richards combo was much superior to Jones/Richards, which is really only a few songs ffrom1963-1966.Even the early Stones albums pre Aftermath, Bria is playing blues harp and not guitar. His only memorable guitar playing is slide.Brian played very little guitar as a Stone on record.By the time of Aftermath hardly at all. This two guitar one sound mythwas created by Keith.Even with Taylor in the band live there was plenty of guitar interplay and not just Taylor solos. Wood /Richards guitar playing hasn’t been great live this century.For nearly 80 year old men it’s very good, but it’s nowhere as good as it was last century.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-26 13:59 by Taylor1.

Posted by: Fishstain ()
Date: June 26, 2022 12:54

Oriongalaxy
Anyone could please advice on how early we should go on July 3rd? We are with elder uncle, who can't stand there like 12 hours. We would like to Secure his spot in Golden East possibly near the stage.
Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

We sat on the left hand side and moved forward during War on Drugs to the barrier. Good view although the camera got in the way at times - and excellent sound. A lot of Mick’s family were just the other side of the barrier and were chatting with us, showing the setlist etc. really good atmosphere no squashing, no drunk latecomers- and a brilliant gig!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 26, 2022 12:55

Keith delivered that intro to CYHMK with a nice bit of bollocks. Great to see that grits still in there.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 26, 2022 13:00

Oriongalaxy
Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

It was so easy to move around in the Golden circle. Just take note that there is no divide between east and west (even though the tickets were sold separately). Everyone who has a gold ticket is in the same area.

I was on barrier at back of Gold and I could lie down/sit down and get food and drink to my heart's content without losing my space. The view and sound was amazing. Of course, if you want to be right at the front/ near stage it may be business as usual with the early wait.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 26, 2022 13:10

My review here

[onlyrockandroll.london]

Date: June 26, 2022 13:11

Fantastic gig, great audience, great band. CYSMK was a real surprise and pulled off brilliantly - really powerful and the Latin biug was good - I really like Karl D's work, he's no Bobby Keys and never was, nor is meant to be - just different. Same with the angularity of Ronnie and Keith's lead work. So it's not flowy and mellifluous like taylor - it's doing totally different things, and it's not only a question of higher or lower dexterity. It's about more tension. K&R - their weaving last night had a knife's edge - lots of flashing blades, like the wild end to Gimme Shelter.
Plus Connection got nailed, at last, and Sympathy Keith was great - that atonal, harsh solo sound brought up out of its hole like a snake. He was on fire.
The hugs! Great feeling all round. Lots of audience going 'woo-hoo' 'or hey hey hey' in the park and heading in to Mayfair/Green Park etc. Stopped at the Grapes in Shepherds Market, lovely part of town, real post-concert scene going on down there. Loved it.
I think I misremember that the rainbow came out while they were doing She's a Rainbow?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 26, 2022 13:27

DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.instagram.com]

Most emotionsl photo I've seen in years! Thanks for sharing!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home