Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 21
Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:13

Scooby
That was one of the best shows that I’ve seen. It was slick and it rocked so many highlights and the only negative was Sasha on GS, she doesn’t gave the voice or sass that Lisa had. Mick with her at the end of the runway just didn’t work.

She was too low in the mix, same as in the last European tour.

Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:14

Thank you London! It was great to be back at Hyde Park, see you again next week!

LARGE version

[twitter.com]

Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:20

Ian West/PA

Re: Hyde Park #1 London UK 25-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:26

Another video of CYHMK (not Matt Lee's YT version) - [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:27

bam
StonedRambler
bam
That CYHMK was almost like when they used to play abridged versions of FM songs as singles on AM radio. Very short sax and guitar breaks. Great KR riffing, but other than that . . . .
It just totally misses Charlie's swing... Compare how static it sounds compared to this: [www.youtube.com]
(They played it like double tempo or so tonight. Like some beat song)
It seemed like Mick wanted to get on with it - then be done with it.

Keith was darn good, but it was generally a weak version....especially the sax solo.
Bobby is dearly missed especially on tunes like this, as is Charlie...something's just not right....it's almost like a cover band now.
Ronnie did ok with his mock-up version of the classic MT solo - better than he did in the past.
Ultimately, a shame the tune was abbreviated so much - it really deserves much more improv.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:30

Is there a clip of Honky Tonk Women? I wanna see an abrasive attack

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:37

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:39

Just got home off the Tube. That was one seriously amazing show, and Mick & Keith both enjoying it immensely. I was already pleased to get Rainbow (though I missed the actual rainbow) and then getting CYHMK completely out of the blue was a lovely surprise (though Charlie and Bobby are much missed in the jam section - but the first part was great).

They switched Gimme Shelter for Sympathy at the end, which I thought worked well.

I was down by the big screen, and the guy doing the signing was great fun to watch - looked like he was having a blast doing it. Thoroughly enjoyable evening, everyone in good form, and it didn't rain.

Edit: looks as though I am now banned by DREAMTIME for not trying to stream a song with the very shaky Hyde Park signal and my fading battery, so this may be my last post...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-26 02:42 by Green Lady.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:40

First half of CYHMK was excellent but the instrumental part sounded very rushed. And Ronnie's solo was below his usual high standard.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:43

Hairball
Keith was darn good, but it was generally a weak version....especially the sax solo.
Bobby is dearly missed especially on tunes like this, as is Charlie...something's just not right....it's almost like a cover band now.
Ronnie did ok with his mock-up version of the classic MT solo - better than he did in the past.
Ultimately, a shame the tune was abbreviated so much - it really deserves much more improv.

Though it was a strong version including the shortened solos. Drums and bass sounded good.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:48

Great to hear She's A Rainbow tonight.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:51

Knocking sounded great!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:54

dapsy did you get this show?

just want to know if i should start a matrix or if there's a quality recording coming in the next few days

i seems to recall you mentioning that you were doing hyde park 1&2 and brussels

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:56

Any trainwrecks from Keith this show? Judging from a few videos it was his best show so far this tour.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:58

The longer, the better — it’s not always the case. I’m okay with this tight, short and crisp version of CYHMK. It has its charm and merit in its own right. Just a different approach towards the material, which feels refreshing to me.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 26, 2022 03:01

That's the best I've ever heard Keith play that CYHMK intro live, killer! Even better than the 2003 versions, wow.

I liked the groove in the outro jam, Steve put his own spin on the track. I just wish even more they would bring MT back into the fold for one last go around after hearing this. Ronnie does his best, but that kind of solo is and has never been his forte.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-26 03:04 by erad.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 26, 2022 03:03

TheBlockbuster
Any trainwrecks from Keith this show? Judging from a few videos it was his best show so far this tour.

No, he truly brought his A game.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 26, 2022 03:16

ProfessorWolf

just want to know if i should start a matrix or if there's a quality recording coming in the next few days

yep. that was a good one. sound excellent. Probably going to be a but til anything is tracked. I only listened to a few bits.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 03:22

So chuffed to hear cyhmk.

Date: June 26, 2022 03:34

Fab show, I think Mick loves performing in London. Cool that he dedicated the show to Charlie as the first gig performed here without him.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 26, 2022 03:34

After Connection did Keith say of his guitar “I already played that one” or something about having broken the first guitar?

Date: June 26, 2022 03:36

johnnythunders
After Connection did Keith say of his guitar “I already played that one” or something about having broken the first guitar?

I think he said....”that one’s broken”....

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 03:45

Silver Dagger
Great to hear She's A Rainbow tonight.

Just curious about the The IORR Band... who are they?
I'm listening to Midnight Rambler for the fifth time fgs!
I like the sound very very much! thumbs up

[www.youtube.com]

EDIT: I guess I have to read this post [iorr.org] sorry!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 26, 2022 04:12

Another great version of Midnight Rambler tonight -

Date: June 26, 2022 05:44

daspyknows
ProfessorWolf

yep. that was a good one. sound excellent. Probably going to be a but til anything is tracked. I only listened to a few bits.

awesomegrinning smiley

can't wait

Date: June 26, 2022 06:30

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: June 26, 2022 06:58

DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.instagram.com]

Fantastic!!!

Date: June 26, 2022 07:14

DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.instagram.com]

just woweye popping smileysmiling smiley

seriously who thought would be possible ten years ago

frankly i'm more excited as a fan seeing that single expression of what seems to be genuine spontaneous affection and friendship between two men who have known each for the better part of a century

and who's friendship resulted in the creation of some the best music of all time

before then falling into a state of mutal dislike even hatred for decades

then i am at hearing them play cyhmk again

or honestly perhaps more then even a new album

anyone else with me here?

seriously to me that is the defining image of this anniversary and tour for me

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 26, 2022 07:42

Wow, Keith and Ronnie nailed it (on CYHMK)!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 26, 2022 08:46

Gimme Shelter

[youtu.be]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home