Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live at the Checkerboard Lounge Chicago 1981, August 19, 2022
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 24, 2022 17:22

Another re-release from Japan
With two new exclusive bonus video
Release Date: August 19, 2022
Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones
Live at the Checkerboard Lounge Chicago 1981
MUDDY WATERS & THE ROLLING STONES – LIVE AT THE CHECKERBOARD LOUNGE CHICAGO 1981
<New Bonus Video: The Rolling Stones / From Pontiac Performance on November 30, 1981>
Time Is On My Side
Black Limousine

Formats:
DVD + CD
UIBY-15133
Price: 7,150 yen including tax
<Japanese edition only> SHM-CD specification with
Japanese subtitles and
English commentary translation

DVD
UIBY-15134
Price: 5,500 yen including tax
<Japanese edition only> English commentary translation
with Japanese subtitles
Information in Japanese

[www.universal-music.co.jp]

Re: Live at the Checkerboard Lounge Chicago 1981, August 19, 2022
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 24, 2022 17:30

Vinyl-LP of Live At Checkerboard Lounge see here - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 24, 2022 17:47

smileys with beer

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 19:50

Irix
Vinyl-LP of Live At Checkerboard Lounge see here - [iorr.org] .

But that’s just a re-release. Doesn’t have the bonus tracks right?

Date: June 24, 2022 19:51

I hate how they sucker us in for a song or two. Dammit all.

Date: June 24, 2022 20:05

VoodooLounge13

Doesn’t have the bonus tracks right?

The Vinyl-LP seems to have no bonus tracks:

Side A: 1. Sweet Little Angel, 2. Flip Flop And Fly, 3. Introduction, (Instramental), 4. You Don't Have To Go, 5. Country Boy
Side B: 1. Baby Please Don't Go, 2. Hoochie Coochie Man, 3. Long Distance Call
Side C: 1. Mannish Boy, 2. Got My Mojo Workin', 3. Next Time You See Me
Side D: 1. One Eyed Woman, 2. Baby Please Don't Go (Instramental), 3. Clouds In My Heart, 4. Champagne And Reefer

[Store.AcousticSounds.com] , [ElusiveDisc.com]

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 20:18

VoodooLounge13

I don't think the new (2022) edition does have the 2 bonus tracks. It does also NOT include the DVD (which did have the 2 bonus tracks in the 2012 edition).
So: there's nothing on the repress that you don't already have (assuming you've got the 2012 edition including the DVD).

Date: June 24, 2022 20:30

ironbelly

Release Date: August 19, 2022
Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones
Live at the Checkerboard Lounge Chicago 1981

DVD + CD UIBY-15133

DVD UIBY-15134

[www.CDJapan.co.jp] , [www.CDJapan.co.jp] .

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 24, 2022 22:49

The whole thing is a sucker deal. It's not Muddy Waters with the Rolling Stones, it's Muddy Waters with 60% of the Rolling Stones. It's like having Paul and John play and calling it the Beatles.

Date: June 24, 2022 23:12

jackflash27
VoodooLounge13

I don't think the new (2022) edition does have the 2 bonus tracks. It does also NOT include the DVD (which did have the 2 bonus tracks in the 2012 edition).
So: there's nothing on the repress that you don't already have (assuming you've got the 2012 edition including the DVD).

I have the original Ward release with the vinyl, cds, and dvd, though I believe it’s region 2 and can’t be played here stateside.

I thought this release was adding the bonus tracks to the cds. And then the Pontiac footage was on the dvd.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 25, 2022 00:17

24FPS
The whole thing is a sucker deal. It's not Muddy Waters with the Rolling Stones, it's Muddy Waters with 60% of the Rolling Stones. It's like having Paul and John play and calling it the Beatles.

I see Mick, Keith, Ronnie.. that would mean the band touring Europe right now is not the Rolling Stones either

Date: June 26, 2022 18:48

OK so just to clarify for all of us, after having looked over my set, plus these two new ones......

The red & white LP set coming out is just a reissue of the 2012 set on colored vinyl.

The DVD, DVD/2CD set coming out in August though, does have 2 songs on the DVD that are not on the original release - these two tracks are from the Pontiac Dome. So at a minimum one would need the re-released DVD to remain having a complete collection, though how to play a Japanese DVD in the US I don't know. I have a few of these now, and wish they'd release Blurays for all of this stuff as well!!

Date: June 26, 2022 21:38

NilsHolgersson
24FPS

I see Mick, Keith, Ronnie.. that would mean the band touring Europe right now is not the Rolling Stones either

(Don't tell the rubes, but it's not. It's the Rolling Stonesish.)

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: August 8, 2022 13:32

Any news on this release? It should have been announced for August 19?

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 8, 2022 20:58

VoodooLounge13
OK so just to clarify for all of us, after having looked over my set, plus these two new ones......

The red & white LP set coming out is just a reissue of the 2012 set on colored vinyl.

The DVD, DVD/2CD set coming out in August though, does have 2 songs on the DVD that are not on the original release - these two tracks are from the Pontiac Dome. So at a minimum one would need the re-released DVD to remain having a complete collection, though how to play a Japanese DVD in the US I don't know. I have a few of these now, and wish they'd release Blurays for all of this stuff as well!!

World Code DVD's & Blu Ray players are easily available, if your prepared to buy from Japan then buy one their generic players, I've had 2 for 4 years that are UHD Players as well & they are awesome

Date: August 9, 2022 05:58

SKILLS
VoodooLounge13

World Code DVD's & Blu Ray players are easily available, if your prepared to buy from Japan then buy one their generic players, I've had 2 for 4 years that are UHD Players as well & they are awesome

Don’t the US 4K Blu-ray players that are universal do the same??

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 9, 2022 06:49

SKILLS
VoodooLounge13

Yup, buying a new blu ray player isn't the investment it used to be.

Date: August 9, 2022 09:20

NilsHolgersson
24FPS

Exactly. It wasn't the Rolling Stones with Muddy in '81, and it ain't the true Rolling Stones now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-09 09:21 by 24FPS.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 9, 2022 13:16

NilsHolgersson
24FPS

Plus I believe I seen Stu there with them ?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 9, 2022 13:21

24FPS
NilsHolgersson
24FPS

Exactly. It wasn't the Rolling Stones with Muddy in '81, and it ain't the true Rolling Stones now.

That's why they probably call themselves "Stones" today

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home