Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Newly Leaked Outtake "Fragile (Like China)" When And Where Was It Recorded?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 27, 2022 17:52

wiredallnight
What IMHO speaks against the Barbados VL session is the acoustic guitar and handclapping. None of them is present in any of the other songs on the 2 h tape.

There is a song called It's Funny from the VOODOO sessions. That might be an inside joke if that is indeed named by the Stones.

The acoustic version though, Keith's guitaring is way closer to his 1968-73 style, very distinct changes and attack, whereas later he got more fluid.

Listen to the piano version Mick did in 1972.

It's Funny (Fragile) is, supposedly, from the same time Mick recorded backing vocals for You're So Vain in 1972 at Trident in September.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 27, 2022 23:12

ProfessorWolf
tumblingdice
ProfessorWolf
sorry your having so much trouble with this

i'd email it to you but i honestly don't know how

but here's a new link for what it's worth

this time i've taken the original flac file and converted it into wav, mp3, and even a mp4 video and put them in a zipped folder

i sure hope at least one of these will play for you

we
That did the trick! Much thanks. Always love to hear something new from the boys. Still get that thrill after all these years.

good glad to hear it worked this time

but now that you've heard it

what's your opinion on when this was recorded?

See to give it a few more spins. I was wondering about this while listening and it’s really hard to pinpoint here. Has that early 70 sound her also kinda would fit on Voodoo period takes as well. If I had to guess to win a prize on a game show with this question I’d probably say 1973 and hope for the best lol

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 28, 2022 01:01

yeah its really hard to place

to that point and to make it more confusing

as i pointed out in the other thread on this outtake

there is a vague resemblence with a riff keith plays in this song and the one he plays throughout los trios guitaros from 1977

so maybe even an early demo for some girls?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-28 01:03 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 28, 2022 19:06

Mathijs
Isn't this from that batch of outtakes from Voodoo Lounge that came out a couple of months ago? I forgot the details, but it was mostly unlistenable writing sessions, with a drum computer.

Mathijs

I misremembered. I heard the track a couple of months ago for the first time, but not as part of this VL writing sessions set.

Mathijs

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 29, 2022 01:28

ProfessorWolf

there is a vague resemblence with a riff keith plays in this song and the one he plays throughout los trios guitaros from 1977

That would make sense and fit in With Mick’s falsetto better. Not that he didn’t do that before (Dear Doctor) but seemed to really get into it late 70s. Then again that doesn’t mean it wasn’t used more before that while working on songs.

Date: June 29, 2022 02:49

tumblingdice
ProfessorWolf

That would make sense and fit in With Mick’s falsetto better. Not that he didn’t do that before (Dear Doctor) but seemed to really get into it late 70s. Then again that doesn’t mean it wasn’t used more before that while working on songs.

yeah that makes some sense with mick's falsetto

but i've also thought that it kinda fits the feel for the sessions for black and blue

maybe keith carried the riff forward and incorporated it into los trios guitaros during the some girls sessions

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 13:24

Finally got to hear it. Sounds like a song that, HAD they worked on it, may have been something. Nice melody. Pity.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-29 13:24 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 1, 2023 13:32

Was looking up that song recently and I still find it hard to believe it's from Barbados 1993 but if NZ and ME place it as being from that batch they must have a good reason to do so !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: March 1, 2023 13:59

I keep getting expired links.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 1, 2023 14:39

Putty

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 1, 2023 17:11

[www68.zippyshare.com]

Credits to Glimmerman for the original up!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 2, 2023 01:04

Maybe Mick had been spinnin some Frankie "Half Pint" records ...

ROCKMAN

Date: March 2, 2023 19:05

Lien
Putty

Yeah there's no way this is from 1993, Keith sounds like he did in 1973 !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: March 2, 2023 19:18

dcba
[www68.zippyshare.com]

tks for the link but i keep getting "403 forbidden" warning
could someone pls upload on wetransfer, tks

Date: March 2, 2023 21:12

Dorn
dcba
[www68.zippyshare.com]

here ya go

we

Date: March 2, 2023 22:44

gotdablouse

Mick's high-pitched vocals kinda remind me of what he did on "Fool To Cry". And (iirc) after sharing this one Glimmerman posted a track titled "Chuck Berry No" which is positively ID'ed as coming from a 1975 session.
Which proved GM owns unreleased material from 75, and not just VL material.

Hopefully the upcoming release of "Ffso" vol.2 will shed some light on the question.

Date: March 2, 2023 23:15

dcba
gotdablouse

Mick's high-pitched vocals kinda remind me of what he did on "Fool To Cry". And (iirc) after sharing this one Glimmerman posted a track titled "Chuck Berry No" which is positively ID'ed as coming from a 1975 session.

Hopefully the upcoming release of "Ffso" vol.2 will shed some light on the question.

according to mathijs both those tracks are also amongst the tracks for the supposed next volume of ffso as well

"It still is my understanding there are two volumes: the first one is the released 3 discs, and there is a second volume of two discs.

The two discs are at least partially based around 1973 to 1975 material some of it released here on IORR (Chuck Berry No with Harvey Mandel, the new unreleased demo of Hide Your Love, Fragile), new versions of Fiji Jim, and a disc with piano demos of different tracks (Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, Time Waits For No One). The GHS Deluxe piano version is from this disc. It is unclear to me when this was recorded, but it sounds modern 1990's or even 2000's. The 2002 sessions for Don't Stop are there, as is Keith's original demo of One More Shot.

Mathijs"

find here iorr

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: March 3, 2023 19:29

ProfessorWolf
Dorn

here ya go

we

tks prof
and this is supposed to be from 1993 ? hmm....

Date: March 4, 2023 01:28

ProfessorWolf
dcba
gotdablouse

according to mathijs both those tracks are also amongst the tracks for the supposed next volume of ffso as well

"It still is my understanding there are two volumes: the first one is the released 3 discs, and there is a second volume of two discs.

The two discs are at least partially based around 1973 to 1975 material some of it released here on IORR (Chuck Berry No with Harvey Mandel, the new unreleased demo of Hide Your Love, Fragile), new versions of Fiji Jim, and a disc with piano demos of different tracks (Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, Time Waits For No One). The GHS Deluxe piano version is from this disc. It is unclear to me when this was recorded, but it sounds modern 1990's or even 2000's. The 2002 sessions for Don't Stop are there, as is Keith's original demo of One More Shot.

Mathijs"

find here iorr

That's right, thing is there seem to be several songs with the "Fragile" title, the "It's Funny"/CS version, the Carly Simon version that Matt Lee kindly shared with her and then the one us plebs have been enjoying thanks to glimmerman. The 1973/75 timeframe certainly works for me but then why do ME and NZ have it as a 1993 recording when Keith sounds nothing like he did in 1993 ?!

--------------

Date: March 4, 2023 09:26

gotdablouse
ProfessorWolf
dcba
gotdablouse

Mathijs"

find here iorr

That's right, thing is there seem to be several songs with the "Fragile" title, the "It's Funny"/CS version, the Carly Simon version that Matt Lee kindly shared with her and then the one us plebs have been enjoying thanks to glimmerman. The 1973/75 timeframe certainly works for me but then why do ME and NZ have it as a 1993 recording when Keith sounds nothing like he did in 1993 ?!

i agree with you

there's also the issue of keith playing that riff that's somewhat similar to to the one in los trios guitaros from 77

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 4, 2023 11:52

Man this is a tough one, Keiths voice is the older soulful one rather than the more country Keith so id rule out the70s.
I’ve got everything Ronnie’s son leaked from the Voodoo sessions and this doesn’t fit in with any of it.
The whole vibe of Voodoo was the “ working relationship” where this smacks of the old Stones.
That’s what makes it so strange it’s the latter day Keith voice, Micks falsetto he hasn’t used since the 70s and it’s just the two of them.
If you listen closely you can hear Jagger sing in his normal voice just for a minute and it gels with Keiths vocals perfectly, it’s fckn magic.

All I know is , if it turns out this is new stuff that got out, we’re in business.I only listen to outtakes, never officially released stuff and this is them working together as well as I’ve ever heard.

Date: March 4, 2023 14:34

" Keiths voice is the older soulful one rather than the more country Keith so id rule out the70s."

Not sure what you call his "older soulful" voice but Keith still sounds young there, not at all like he did after 1985. Besides he already sounded pretty soulful on "We Had It All" or "Let's Go Steady". I can't hear this as being older than 1985. I had guessed the "Hammingbird Disaster" period (DW pre-production) originally and I'd still go with that.

"I’ve got everything Ronnie’s son leaked from the Voodoo sessions"

So that's VB, VS, VR and the recently GM shared "work in progress" or is there more ?

--------------

Date: March 4, 2023 21:55

gotdablouse
The 1973/75 timeframe certainly works for me but then why do ME and NZ have it as a 1993 recording when Keith sounds nothing like he did in 1993 ?!

Yup listen to "Cocaine Blues" from 93 and you'll know where Keith's vocal range was (i.e. a very low growl...).
It's not compatible with the way he sings on "Fragile".

Fwiw in 83 during the Cabo "session" Keith still had the ability to sing in a high-pitched voice...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home