Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
O. T. Glastonbury Coverage 2022 on UK BBC TV
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 23, 2022 22:57

Just had a look at the TV pages for the next few days and BBC1, BBC2, BBC3 and BBC 4 have all got live coverage at various times, starting tonight with a half hour introduction to the festival on BBC2 at 10pm.
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Unfortunately for music fans, a lot of it is not available outside of the UK.
This link may be OK for outside of UK, for youtube videos of the various acts soon after their performance.
[youtube.com]

A couple of mates I know are performing in differant bands on differant stages so will keep my eyes open and may catch them on TV. smileys with beer

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 14:54 by crawdaddy.

Re: O. T. Glastonbury Coverage 2022 on UK BBC TV
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 23, 2022 23:05

Will Paul McCartney also get a broadcast? Yes, on BBC One - 10:30pm - [www.BBC.co.uk] :

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 12:45 by Irix.

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 23:24

Irix
Will Paul McCartney also get a broadcast?

Yeah definitely. Might not be the whole set tho

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 23:54

jigsaw69
Irix

Macca's on at 2130BST on Saturday night. However the BBC are only broadcasting it from 2230. No doubt footage of the 1st hour will surface soon enough.

Kudos to Macca for playing a small warm.up gig in the nearby market town of Frome, Somerset at 5pm tomorrow. Tickets were for locals only and priced at £25 each. Sold out in an hour.

Date: June 24, 2022 00:17

Looks like Paul McCartney on the Pyramid Stage live on Saturday BBC1 10.30pm to 12.35am but not sure if it's a time delay or really live.

Other acts for me are Crowded House highlights on BBC4 8pm Friday night.

Diana Ross on BBC1 Sunday night 6.45pm to 8pm.

Herbie Hancock, Declan McKenna and Dublin's Fontaines DC Sunday night BBC2 between 5pm to 6.45pm, Elbow between 8pm to 9.30pm as well.
Pet Shop Boys headline the 'Other Stage' Sunday 10pm to 11.30pm.

All of these are my fave acts as in the weekly TV schedules I've just had a look at,so might not be 100% accurate.

Looking forward to it all this weekend as well as The Rolling Stones performing at Hyde Park. smileys with beer

Date: June 24, 2022 00:29

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I lived in the Somerset/Gloucestershire area and about 20 years ago saw Walter Trout and his band play at The Cheese and Grain Pub, but I guess it's a bit bigger than most pubs now.

Really nice pub to see live music. thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 03:32

crawdaddy
Looks like Paul McCartney on the Pyramid Stage live on Saturday BBC1 10.30pm to 12.35am but not sure if it's a time delay or really live.

Herbie Hancock, Declan McKenna and Dublin's Fontaines DC Sunday night BBC2 between 5pm to 6.45pm, Elbow between 8pm to 9.30pm as well.

All of these are my fave acts as in the weekly TV schedules I've just had a look at,so might not be 100% accurate.

Looking forward to it all this weekend as well as The Rolling Stones performing at Hyde Park. smileys with beer

It’s insane to think Macca and the Stones are both performing on the same night and it’s 2022!

Now Ai know those timings, it does indeed sound like the BBC’s coverage of Macca’s set is a delayed broadcast. It means they can cut out the long gap before the encore etc.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 24, 2022 03:48

grzegorz67
crawdaddy

It’s insane to think Macca and the Stones are both performing on the same night and it’s 2022!

Now Ai know those timings, it does indeed sound like the BBC’s coverage of Macca’s set is a delayed broadcast. It means they can cut out the long gap before the encore etc.

Yup that's pretty wild. Probably no one in the world in 1962 would have ever dreamed both bands would still be around 60 years later, even 20 years later, never mind on stage on the same night 60 years on.

Just wild.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: June 24, 2022 09:30

Some tips for watching this live from France?
Iplayer bbc don't work outside UK sad smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 24, 2022 10:25

AntoineParis
Iplayer bbc don't work outside UK sad smiley
Would also like to know. Tried with a proxy but even that didn't work (they're smart people!)

Date: June 24, 2022 11:21

AntoineParis

UK Live TV of [www.FilmOn.com] would work but it's payed.

An alternative could be [Zattoo.com] which streams BBC One for free in Switzerland.

Another possibility would be Livestream-Playlists. Go to the Playlist Finder: [VK.com] and search after BBC One.
This M3U8 playlist for instance should work in your Browser -- or copy the link into the VLC-Player ('Open Network').

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 21:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 24, 2022 11:40

grzegorz67
jigsaw69
Irix

Macca's on at 2130BST on Saturday night. However the BBC are only broadcasting it from 2230. No doubt footage of the 1st hour will surface soon enough.

Kudos to Macca for playing a small warm.up gig in the nearby market town of Frome, Somerset at 5pm tomorrow. Tickets were for locals only and priced at £25 each. Sold out in an hour.

He did something similar in between the two Desert Trip weekends at a tiny joint called Pappy and Harriets announced the morning of the show - first come, first serve for a couple of hundred very lucky people.
I didn't try to attend as I was unaware of it until later in the day, and I already had plans to see Neil Young in a very small theater in between the two Desert Trip weekends.
The Stones should take notes, and learn from the Masters.....winking smiley

Date: June 24, 2022 14:18

Here's a link that tells you all that's available at Glastonbury on the BBC. smileys with beer

Unfortunately for music fans, a lot of it is not available outside of the UK.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 24, 2022 16:43

Anyone know McCartney's setlist from last night's show?

Date: June 24, 2022 17:22

Paul is playing 5pm today at Cheese and Grain venue in Frome, near Glastonbury, and Saturday headlining Pyramid Stage. thumbs up

Date: June 24, 2022 17:33

crawdaddy
Paul is playing 5pm today at Cheese and Grain venue in Frome, near Glastonbury, and Saturday headlining Pyramid Stage. thumbs up

Excellent, thank you, I'm off by a full day! I look forward to hearing about today's show and curious if he's using the gig to work out any new additions to the setlist for Glastonbury. I also hope that the BBC feed of the Saturday show is somehow available here in the US.

Date: June 24, 2022 22:20

BBC TV-Stream works also abroad via M3U8-Playlist - [iorr.org] :

BBC Four - Crowded House

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 22:40 by Irix.

Date: June 25, 2022 07:53

https://www.aol.com/sir-paul-mccartney-brought-back-212839075.html

The former Beatle played a selection of his hit tracks including Getting Better, Golden Slumbers and Out of College, which he revealed was the first time the song was being performed live in England.

I thought I was fairly familiar with Paul's catalog, but I've never heard of "Out of College." Could it be "You Never Give Me Your Money?"

Date: June 25, 2022 07:56

https://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-mccartney-plays-frome-warm-up-gig-ahead-of-glastonbury-3255435

I Wanna Be Your Man
Juniors Farm
Letting Go
Got To Get You Into My Life
Come Onto Me
Let Me Roll It
Getting Better
My Valentine
Maybe I’m Amazed
I’ve Just Seen A Face
From Me To You
Blackbird
Fuh You
Ob la di
Out of College
She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Get Back
Lady Madonna
Band on the Run
Let it Be
Hey Jude
Birthday
Helter Skelter
Golden Slumbers

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: June 25, 2022 09:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-25 09:14 by mosthigh.

Date: June 26, 2022 00:15

Paul McCartney at Glastonbury - (22:30-01:10) - BBC One Live-Stream - (for those abroad).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-26 03:35 by Irix.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 26, 2022 00:17

Greta is cool I appreciate them for having her address the crowd there

Date: June 26, 2022 00:24

Irix
Paul McCartney at Glastonbury - (22:30-00:30) - BBC One Live-Stream - (for those abroad).
Thanks!

Date: June 26, 2022 00:25

Irix
Paul McCartney at Glastonbury - (22:30-00:30) - BBC One Live-Stream - (for those abroad).
May I ask how you got that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-26 11:11 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 26, 2022 02:42

Just catching the last part of Paul McCartney Saturday headline set and 12.40am on BBC1, and even if there is an hour delay, he was still playing till well past 11.30pm .
How about Dave Grohl as a guest for a couple of songs, and one and only time I've not heard him swear on stage.
Also how about Bruce Springsteen as well, as a guest on a couple of songs including 'Born to be Wild'.

Got to see a replay of the whole gig, and I guess it was pretty good. smileys with beer

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:59

Imagine having access to all these incredible and fantastic acts… and then tuning into 80 year old Paul McCartney playing the same archaic stuff for decades

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-26 03:00 by Bastion.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 26, 2022 03:07

Bastion, it looks like the people at Glastonbury were having a great time tonight.

(As was the Stones' audience at Hyde Park.)

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 26, 2022 03:27

I’m sure they were, think I last saw Paul in 2011 around Christmas time. Was a blast.

Date: June 26, 2022 03:47

Bastion
Imagine having access to all these incredible and fantastic acts… and then tuning into 80 year old Paul McCartney playing the same archaic stuff for decades

The irony of reading this statement on a Rolling Stones forum is beyond delicious.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 26, 2022 04:51

So far saw

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - pretty good
Crowded House - excellent, can't wait to see them again

and about to watch Supergrass who I saw twice last month

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home