Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Chanel Haynes
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 29, 2022 23:13

Tuff-Stuff ....

Best of luck with it all Chanel ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 29, 2022 23:27

I watched Matt Lee's video again. Powerful performance. I liked how Keith was looking up, to see how she was doing, and how happy he was that she performed so well.

A long time ago, GS had an unmatched sense of danger about it. It doesn't always feel that way now. More of the edge, the foreboding, was back with this performance.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 30, 2022 13:22

KRiffhard
I think the Stones should call her now. And bring her back to the stage right away

It wouldn't fair to Sasha who's done nothing wrong but yeah that GS performance by Chanel in Milan was stunning, the best one ever since the original recording to my ears. At HP it was back to the usual modulating screeching and shouting and "acting" unfortunately, show-business/Vegas style.

It's probably helped the Stones to keep going to have "entertainers" (best example would be Ronnie "good time" Wood) as sidekicks over the years but things to go up to another level when they (rarely) share the stage with musicians who are "different", like Taylor or in this case Chanel.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 30, 2022 15:20

So does anyone know why they fired her for singing with the Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-30 16:18 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 30, 2022 15:31

keefriffhards

Might it actually just be that she broke a contract and gave her employer no notice of her intent to go to Milan and go onstage with The Stones? I presume she had/has a contract to sing with the show. Didn’t turn up as Tina in London. Did turn up as Sacha in Milan. Broke a contract.

Rod

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 30, 2022 15:41

bitusa2012
keefriffhards

Might it actually just be that she broke a contract and gave her employer no notice of her intent to go to Milan and go onstage with The Stones? I presume she had/has a contract to sing with the show. Didn’t turn up as Tina in London. Did turn up as Sacha in Milan. Broke a contract.

That seems to be the case. By comparison, how might the Stones organization react if, say. Chuck Leavell notices a few hours before a show that 'look, I have once in a life time opportunity to perform tonight with Bob Dylan. Bob said that his hands are tired, so he wants me to do all his crazy piano improvisations. So I guess you guys can find a replacement for me. After that I do the shows as normal. Are we good?'.

But that said, all kudos to Chanel for taking the gig with the Stones. She most likely knew the consequences. thumbs up

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-30 15:53 by Doxa.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 30, 2022 15:42

bitusa2012
keefriffhards

That's what I understand! She missed a Tina show in favor to appear for The Rolling Stones. If this is the case I can fully understand the decision of both sides smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 30, 2022 16:11

But it is also funny to think the situation from the side of the Stones. Who knows how they got the idea of her as a replacement for Sasha. But: "She's great, but you know, she' doing a Tina show that night". "Fvck that. We are the Stones. Just show her the money and pick her up".

That sweet arrogance...tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 30, 2022 16:15

bitusa2012
keefriffhards

That’s how I read it too. Left Tina to the understudy. Not great for those who paid to see her in Tina.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 30, 2022 16:21

keefriffhards

Per the Rolling Stone interview:

Haynes declined to get into the details of her suspension, but she says it was directly related to her Stones performance on a Tina show night.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 30, 2022 16:40

Gimme Shelter reflects the turmoil in the world today, even more so then 1969. Her voice really is perfect when she belted out rape murder.its like she was a witness to sometimes horrific and screaming it out.Maybe Mick and Keith can intervene to get her gig back. Her Dad is the rap singer Nelly. Maybe he can help. I enjoyed her interpretation as it was different snd conveyed danger. I still prefer Sasha tho. She's family!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 30, 2022 16:56

PhillyFAN
Gimme Shelter reflects the turmoil in the world today, even more so then 1969. Her voice really is perfect when she belted out rape murder.its like she was a witness to sometimes horrific and screaming it out.Maybe Mick and Keith can intervene to get her gig back. Her Dad is the rap singer Nelly. Maybe he can help. I enjoyed her interpretation as it was different snd conveyed danger. I still prefer Sasha tho. She's family!

I don't think so!

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: July 1, 2022 01:12

I loved Chanel performing Gimme Shelter, and it sucks that they suspended her from performing her last 3 shows as Tina. However, just an fyi, these articles are misleading. She was not the star/lead in the Musical. Aisha Jawando was billed as the lead, with Chanel Haynes to play the role of Tina at certain performances each week. So, I assume, that since she herself said she only had 3 shows left to perform, there was no contract for her to continue performing as Tina. The Tina Musical has now announced Aisha Jawando will again perform as Tina with new cast member Elesha Paul Moses to share the role of Tina. Chanel was devastated because a friend flew to London to see her, among other friends, and were unable to. With all this publicity, surely good/better things will come her way. Here's a link to the West End Musical's site when the 2020 cast was announced where Chanel is referred to as the alternate Tina. Aisha Jawando has been with the Company since the Spring of 2018. [tinathemusical.com] I am curious, though, if it would have been possible for Chanel to be renewed in the West End Musical.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-01 18:19 by campxray.

Posted by: mmurphy0817 ()
Date: July 1, 2022 05:56

Incorrect- her father is not Nelly. That was making the rounds on Twitter but was later debunked by multiple sources.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 1, 2022 08:42

It’s an easy mistake to make though, Nellys daughter is a singer named Chanelle Haynes.
Chanel’s story of getting the call, Steve Jordan handing her the phone with Merry Clayton on the line and hearing the crowd before she walked onstage was incredible.

The sheer power,mystique and gravitas the Stones carry is really amazing when explained by someone actually in their orbit who’s not normally there.
We follow them so closely that it’s easy to forget what an absolutely huge deal The Rolling Stones are to the world at large.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-01 08:44 by lem motlow.

Date: July 1, 2022 09:54

hockenheim95
bitusa2012
keefriffhards

That's what I understand! She missed a Tina show in favor to appear for The Rolling Stones. If this is the case I can fully understand the decision of both sides smiling smiley

Wowwww that would be a though choice. However i would never hire her if this is true. Still a great story. Shes a real rock n roller.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 1, 2022 10:19

lem motlow
The sheer power,mystique and gravitas the Stones carry is really amazing when explained by someone actually in their orbit who’s not normally there.
We follow them so closely that it’s easy to forget what an absolutely huge deal The Rolling Stones are to the world at large.

That's a very well made point.

I have been present when normally extrovert talkative self confident people have been reduced to a quivering wreck in the presence of a band member.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 1, 2022 10:22

CaptainCorella

I have been present when normally extrovert talkative self confident people have been reduced to a quivering wreck in the presence of a band member.

WTF, I was sure nobody saw me!

C

Date: July 1, 2022 11:32

I was thinking of the various singers who have performed Gimme Shelter with the Stones......Merry Clayton, Lisa Fischer, Florence Welch, Sasha Allen..... was Chanel number 5?

Posted by: Nosnibourbos ()
Date: July 1, 2022 13:14

Thats Gaga ..... smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 1, 2022 13:20

....Great come-back Nos ... hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: July 1, 2022 15:19

Manofwealthandtaste
I was thinking of the various singers who have performed Gimme Shelter with the Stones......Merry Clayton, Lisa Fischer, Florence Welch, Sasha Allen..... was Chanel number 5?

Add Lady Gaga to that list [youtu.be] and I'm pretty sure Mary J.Blige sang it at the O2/1 too, yes : [youtu.be]

@campxray - thanks for digging up that more detailed info, misleading article indeed.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 1, 2022 20:28

Now that I understand she only had three performances left, I don't feel so bad for Chanel. (Chanel #5? Uh-huh, uh-huh.)

I had thought she either had permission from the Tina people or that she was off that night. Guess not.
Oh, well. Seems like many enjoyed her singing, but now Sasha is back.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 1, 2022 21:06

gotdablouse
Manofwealthandtaste

Add Lady Gaga to that list [youtu.be] and I'm pretty sure Mary J.Blige sang it at the O2/1 too, yes : [youtu.be]

@campxray - thanks for digging up that more detailed info, misleading article indeed.

Lady Gaga's influence is still felt, I'd say. I would say Sasha's delivery is very much rooted in Lady Gaga's version.

Posted by: Ericab ()
Date: July 3, 2022 09:53

Chanel's backstage at Hyde Park now. No sasha tonight?

Date: July 3, 2022 10:30

She was hinting at soonething yesterday….

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 3, 2022 11:17

PaintMonkeyManBlack
She was hinting at soonething yesterday….
I saw. Very strange...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 3, 2022 11:59

C'mon ol'boys!!! We want her on the new album!!
I'm in love with Chanel! hot smiley

Date: July 3, 2022 12:22

Ericab

At 7.53 UK time, seems early ! Who's spotted her ?

--------------

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 3, 2022 12:50

gotdablouse
Ericab

At 7.53 UK time, seems early ! Who's spotted her ?

On her insta, but that's not at Hyde Park winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home