Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Chanel Haynes
Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: June 25, 2022 03:13

Someone posted something on FB about Sasha got her passport and ID stolen, and that’s why she was a no show, not sure if that’s true or not.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 25, 2022 03:19

If this instagram post is really true I think it's a terrible thing to do to Chanel! I loved the way she sounded on GS, for my personal taste I much preferred her singing over Sasha's but then too each his own. On a positive note, if Sasha still isn't well enough to perform Saturday at Hyde Park #1 all you lucky folks attending may get to enjoy Chanel one more time!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 25, 2022 03:22

MizzAmandaJonez
Nice job filling in, dream gig for her, but it's Sasha's job and Sasha is no Wally Pipp

Wally Pipp was sick and he missed a days work for the NY Yankees baseball team and he lost his job to Lou Gehrig, who played in 2000+ straight games from that point on...

thumbs up

And Chanel is certainly no Lou Gehrig.

Date: June 25, 2022 03:26

Has there been any confirmation that she was sick?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 25, 2022 03:30

U2Stonesfan
Someone posted something on FB about Sasha got her passport and ID stolen, and that’s why she was a no show, not sure if that’s true or not.

How terrible if true. I would rather catch Covid (again). A few decades ago I read they travel with a team of immigration lawyers. If that's the case, hopefully they can provide assistance.

Date: June 25, 2022 03:35

U2Stonesfan
Has there been any confirmation that she was sick?

I asked that in another thread the other day, and as far as I know still no word on the reason for her absence - a bit strange.
Whatever the case, hope she makes her triumphant return tomorrow at Hyde Park, and is on stage the rest of this mini-tour!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 25, 2022 03:48

U2Stonesfan
Someone posted something on FB...

Link? There's a couple billion someones on Facebook.

Date: June 25, 2022 03:54

bye bye johnny
U2Stonesfan

Let’s just say it’s someone that had just taken a picture with Sasha.

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: June 25, 2022 05:10

U2Stonesfan
bye bye johnny
U2Stonesfan

Let’s just say it’s someone that had just taken a picture with Sasha.

But when was the picture taken? Many people post old pictures.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 25, 2022 09:47

Really awful if that's what's happened with Sasha. Hope it gets cleared up and she can rejoin soon. Going by social media it looked like she was thrilled to be on the this tour and having the time of her life.

I would guess now that Chanel will be present for a few more if not the rest of the shows while Sasha has this sorted out. Going by the pictures of her meeting the band it appears everyone knew that this was more than just a one-off guest thing.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 25, 2022 13:03

Backstage pics? That's what happens. Remember GS was a guest spot for Florence Welch Mary J Blige Lady Gaga and god knows who else in 2013

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 25, 2022 14:54

The real weakness of GS today is Keith never the singer who joins Mick.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: June 25, 2022 14:55

Since theres no song vote again id guess Sasha is not gonna sing todaysad smiley

Less songs to rehearse for Chanel if theres no song vote.

I really hope she comes back

Date: June 25, 2022 16:26

Pretty sure theey would solve a passport issue pretty fast

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 25, 2022 17:05

U2Stonesfan

Like that would be a problem Stones management couldn't fix in an instant! Even an ordinary Joe can get an emergency passport in a day at an American Embassy.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 25, 2022 17:09

Why not just confirm she had COVID?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 25, 2022 19:45

Who would you want to confirm why she wasn't in Milan? It's not like anyone bought tickets to see her right? And It's likely 99% of the audience that has no idea who she is, again I know this is IORR but let's keep some perspective!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 25, 2022 19:57

I’ve heard of roadies being confirmed of having COVID in much smaller bands.
Why wouldn’t you confirm of the only female backup singer of having it in one of the biggest band’s
In the world?

Date: June 25, 2022 21:26

gotdablouse
Who would you want to confirm why she wasn't in Milan? It's not like anyone bought tickets to see her right? And It's likely 99% of the audience that has no idea who she is, again I know this is IORR but let's keep some perspective!

The same could be said for Chuck, Darryl,Bernard, Steve, etc. - nobody pays to see those backup/side musicians specifically, yet they are an integral part of the band.
The band should have given a statement regarding Sasha's absence out of respect, just as they should with any other part of the musicians/singers. It's all a bit deceiving imo.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2022 02:13

Sasha could be dealing with
very personal matters and may
have requested complete privacy .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 26, 2022 06:11

Hairball
gotdablouse

The same could be said for Chuck, Darryl,Bernard, Steve, etc. - nobody pays to see those backup/side musicians specifically, yet they are an integral part of the band.
The band should have given a statement regarding Sasha's absence out of respect, just as they should with any other part of the musicians/singers. It's all a bit deceiving imo.

She's back so therefore it's not really important what happened. If she just disappeared down the memory hole without explanation it would be a bit more alarming.

Lisa also missed the Tower Theatre 2002 show but in that case they went ahead without any replacement.

However future shows I am specifically paying to see Sasha so I would like to know if she isn't going to be there.

Date: June 26, 2022 07:39

Yeah it's not important now, but I posted that before it was confirmed she would be on stage in London.
And it's not about knowing what happened, but rather a "due to unforeseen circumstances" type of statement might have been nice.
Anyhow, thankfully she's back - she looked hot, and sounded just as great as always - especially her solo on Gimme Shelter! thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2022 07:56

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 26, 2022 11:03

gotdablouse

It turns out most of the people who go see The Rolling Stones are fans of The Rolling Stones, strange right?
Therefore they know exactly who the touring musicians are.
Sasha is a beloved member of the Stones backing band and has made a name for herself by absolutely lighting it up every night she’s out there,if she’s not there we want to know why.
Anyone would be a complete arrogant douche to think they are some kind of elite one percent who knows who she is.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 26, 2022 12:01

There are som many speculations here, most made out of nothing. Fact is Sasha was not on stage in Milan, but she was back for London #1. I guess most of us have taken a day off work at one point in life, for various reasons.

Bjornulf

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 26, 2022 14:22

Rockman
Sasha could be dealing with
very personal matters and may
have requested complete privacy .....

Exactly, all this Drama over Sasha missing a show.

Did the Stones let fans down and not find a suitable replacement for Sasha ? No they didn't so give them a break.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-27 00:03 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 29, 2022 18:52

She Sang ‘Gimme Shelter’ With the Rolling Stones. Then ‘Tina’ Producers Fired Her for It

Chanel Haynes was the star of the Tina Turner musical when she was recruited to guest with the Stones. Now she’s “speechless” over losing her job because of it

By Andy Greene
June 29, 2022

Chanel Haynes at the Strand Palace Hotel on October 10, 2021 in London, England. Photo: David M. Benett/WireImage

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 29, 2022 19:03

Okay so there's the real drama. What pricks. Hope she gets a boost in name recognition out of it.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 29, 2022 19:10

I think the Stones should call her now. And bring her back to the stage right away

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: June 29, 2022 22:48

I don’t know much about the West End theatre scene, but I do know that having the praise and approval of Mick Jagger and Keith Richards can only help fast-track her to global stardom. I really enjoyed her performance in Milan and look forward to seeing what happens next for her professionally. Not only can she sing, she’s a total knockout!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home