Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Chanel Haynes
Date: June 23, 2022 16:19

I think she deserves her own topic.

But wtf is this…?

[www.instagram.com]

Could it be related to her performance with the stones??

Re: Chanel Haynes
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2022 16:35

Maybe she had signed an "exclusivity" deal ? Can't see how boosting her public profile 100x would hurt the musical though, on the contrary !

Like someone posted over there "f this is about doing the stones show then it was worth it", ya think ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 23, 2022 16:50

gotdablouse
Maybe she had signed an "exclusivity" deal ? Can't see how boosting her public profile 100x would hurt the musical though, on the contrary !

Like someone posted over there "f this is about doing the stones show then it was worth it", ya think ?

Having witnessed her performance in Milan, I would certainly be keen to see her in 'The Tina Turner Musical'.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 23, 2022 17:19

Thanks, PaintMonkeyManBlack. For those unable to view Instagram:

My new buddies @officialkeef and @ronniewood Thank you for welcoming with open arms… and for the beautiful flowers. @rollingstone @therollingstones @tinaturner @tinathemusical @mickjagger #chanelism

Telling me his creative process and the history behind the 1969 Classic Gimme Shelter. He then asked me to give him my interpretation of the song AFTER I have performed it. #trueartist #chanelism #theprocess #tinathemusical #tinaturner @therollingstones @rollingstone

In my @tinathemusical T shirt Representing the London Cast 2022. My “Dream Cast” some of the most exceptional performers I have ever worked with. I love you all. Every single one of you… Stage Management! Wigs! Costumes! Sound Engineers! Company Office! Ushers! Security! Box Office! The Chaperones! The Cast! You are amazing n my heart forever

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 23, 2022 17:43

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I think she deserves her own topic.

But wtf is this…?

[www.instagram.com]

Could it be related to her performance with the stones??

IF that's the issue, she I'm sure would be aware of the contract terms and decided that it would be worth the risk as it completely raises her profile.

Too bad but beneficial for her in the long run maybe.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 23, 2022 17:58

I think Anna Mae Bullock should kick the musical people's butts and let the girl perform with the Stones and play her in the musical.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 23, 2022 19:37

She has my vote over Sasha

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 23, 2022 20:38

Mine too...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2022 21:49

Yeah, get some goosebumps when she starts singing Merry Clayton's part here [youtu.be]
Sasha is all screech and no pipes, Lisa was obviously much better but didn't have that deep voice, Chanel reminds me so much of Merry, even physically, please keep her on board !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-23 22:49 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 23, 2022 21:56

Very strange happenings here. Very pleased with Chanel's performance but how it came about is strange...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-23 21:58 by Justin.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 24, 2022 00:00

I think Sasha is a fantastic backing singer.

Chanel does a better job of the solo on GS and leave it at that, get well soon Sasha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 01:25 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 24, 2022 00:24

Can we all cool it? Some disrespectful stuff being said here...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 24, 2022 00:34

Chanel was OK as a temporary replacement in a pinch, but Sasha has earned her stripes and I think she's the perfect fit.
She's better than Lisa, and yes better than Chanel imo.

Hope Sasha's OK, and will be back ASAP!thumbs up

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: June 24, 2022 00:49

Justin

Sasha does daily Instagram stories ... always. Yesterday she did a story with a pic of herself smiling and wearing what looked like pajamas. Today, nothing on Instagram. So, either she got very ill, if she was Covid positive, or is very depressed, I'm guessing.

Date: June 24, 2022 02:22

You don't know that she is very sick or depressed, i'm guessing she will be back for the second Hyde Park show and we all hope she is OK of course.

The thing with this covid thing is confusing to me, like why would Chanel Haynes sing right up close to Mick if he tested positive for covid 8 days prior, this Stones bubble talk is hard to take seriously.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 10:44 by keefriffhards.

Date: June 24, 2022 03:49

Justin

Yes, agreed. Show some decorum.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 24, 2022 13:13

keefriffhards
You don't know that she is very sick or depressed, i'm guessing she will be back for the second Hyde Park show and we all hope she is OK of course.

The thing with this covid thing is confusing to me, like why would Chanel Haynes sing right up close to Mick if he tested positive for covid 8 days prior, this Stones bubble talk is hard to take seriously.
for sure , me thinks there is double talk going on . Not calling BS but sort of kind of /

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 24, 2022 13:23

If he tested positive eight days ago there is - normally, with this variant - no problem with being close to others eight days later. He did get clearence to perform, period.

Date: June 24, 2022 16:37

Papo
If he tested positive eight days ago there is - normally, with this variant - no problem with being close to others eight days later. He did get clearence to perform, period.

Yes there's a 5 day rule that says you're not contagious after 5 days testing positive for the first time, EVEN if you're still testing positive after 5 days. I wouldn't do it, but that's the instruction we have from our health authority.

I would suspect additionally Mick got an antiviral treatment which would have sped up his recovery time considerably.

Date: June 24, 2022 17:16

Honestly they move the goal posts so often with covid incubation periods now i can't keep up confused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 18:18 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: June 24, 2022 18:03

Chanel did ok. I prefer Sasha.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: June 24, 2022 18:44

rebelhipi

I agree.

Chanel sounds mostly like Tina Turner, I think. A touch abrasive, not like Merry Clayton on the studio record.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 24, 2022 18:54

TheGreek
keefriffhards

for sure , me thinks there is double talk going on . Not calling BS but sort of kind of /

I have no doubt that Mick needed to test negative before this show happened. Also, let up on Sasha. Wtf is wrong with you people?

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 24, 2022 19:06

My very support to Sasha. She is our girl

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 24, 2022 21:22

SomeGuy
rebelhipi

I agree.

Chanel sounds mostly like Tina Turner, I think. A touch abrasive, not like Merry Clayton on the studio record.

Yes I also agree.

Chanel sounded more like a Tina Turner tribute act whereas Sasha is more unique and sings it much closer to the Merry Clayton studio version.
That said, both do a better job on Gimme Shelter than Lisa who sounded like Mariah Carey singing acrobatic opera wailing away like there's no tomorrow.
Loved Lisa as a backup singer, but her take on Gimme Shelter was a bit cringeworthy after hearing it a couple of times - unnecessary like Darryl's bass solo during Miss You.,

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 21:37

Wow, what a tough crowd! Sasha was good when I saw her in Tampa, but she really came out of her shell and rocked when I saw her in Hollywood FL I loved her attitude and how she stomps her feet and thought she and Mick had great chemistry….and she sounded awesome. I prefer her style/vibe over Lisa’s and Chanel’s. It’s really not fair to compare these women…they are all great singers but I think Sasha is perfect for the spot! I hope she’s feeling okay.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 24, 2022 22:28

Nice job filling in, dream gig for her, but it's Sasha's job and Sasha is no Wally Pipp

Wally Pipp was sick and he missed a days work for the NY Yankees baseball team and he lost his job to Lou Gehrig, who played in 2000+ straight games from that point on...

Posted by: RG ()
Date: June 24, 2022 22:52

So is Sasha kicked out or what?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 25, 2022 01:24

My guess is Sasha had Covid so Chanel was a substitute, a temporary replacement.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 25, 2022 03:04

angee
My guess is Sasha had Covid so Chanel was a substitute, a temporary replacement.

I think the same!
I liked Chanel's performance very very much! It's not easy to fill suddently that shoes.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home