Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21
Re: Berlin Germany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: MadMat ()
Date: August 2, 2022 00:27

Thanks, I was considering it when I saw the starting time of warm up.
OK, will be there in time at 1900 I guess

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: August 2, 2022 00:47

Berlin 2022 next release...very soon winking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 2, 2022 00:56

Why I think this show might be better than the Hollywood, FL in terms of set lists and length is (correct me if I'm mistaken) that this show was added earlier in the tour than the FL show which came more at the last minute. The band seemed to me to perhaps act like they were not enthusiastic about the addition.

Also, a very negative thing for me at the Hollywood show was that the venue refused to let us line up early for our spots in the pit, leading to outright violence among some fans pushing toward the front when finally allowed to gather.
That won't be a problem in Berlin.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-02 01:31 by angee.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 2, 2022 01:04

angee
Why I think this show might be better than the Hollywood, FL in terms of set lists and length is (correct me if I'm mistaken) that this show was added earlier in the tour than the FL show which came more at the last minute.

You are! Both were announced around 6 weeks before!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 2, 2022 01:17

Hairball
Stonesfan2146
Hairball
It was in reference to only two days between Stockholm and Berlin, and not to any specific venue or capacity.
Every other show this summer has had at least three days in between, so cutting it to two days at this point might be testing their limits.
Hoping for at least 18 songs, but could possibly be less (hope not)- best case scenario it will be a full 19 songs.

That's true, but you can see them doing this with some tours in the past years, check out for example Europe 2014, they usually did 2 days breaks during that tour, but the break between the last two shows was only one day (also the last time they did two shows in 3 days).

But you are right, last year we all got a little dissapointed set-list wise with the last show. I expected 18 but certainly not 17 - the least they have done in a public show (excluding their surprise gigs) since their comeback 1989, even the club gigs 2003 had more songs (usually 18). As I will be there too, I'm hoping this will be a setlist to remember, but oh well, I know the performance will be fantastic anyways winking smiley

Still remember Berlin 2014, my first show ever, with Waiting On A Friend, and now back in the Waldbühne for show #20 haha

It wasn't only the shortened setlist, but the lack of any rarities or real surprises.
I know quite a few people that attended who were disappointed and felt almost personally insulted after paying such a hefty price for the privilege of attending that "grand finale" show.
What could have been one for the ages, turned out to be an unsatisfactory/unmemorable experience for many. In contrast, the club/theater shows from 2002/2003 were all unique and memorable.
I was lucky to attend a few of those small shows, and realize it's impossible to turn back the clock, but it could have taken just a little extra effort to make that Hard Rock show the icing on the cake of the 2021 shows.
Instead, it was quite anticlimactic (to put it mildly), and as Dean Goodman stated: "It's the sinking feeling that sets in after about five songs when you realize the Stones just don't care. They couldn't be bothered working up any rarities ...It was just another night, with a skimpy set list of 17 songs delivered". Full review -> Hollywood FL

Hopefully this upcoming show at Waldbühne doesn't suffer from the same problems as the Hard Rock did, and doubt it will - I have a good feeling they really want to end this run of shows on a very high note.
With a capcity of apprx. 22,000 it's similar to the size of the Hollywood Bowl, and also built similarly in to a hillside. I saw two Stones shows at the H.Bowl in 2005, and they rank amongst some of the best shows I've seen.
I imagine the fine atmosphere of the venue will play a big part in what will hopefully result in a show for the ages, and when all is said and done it could be the last time...hopefully not, but..........

Whatever the case, have a great time Stonesfan2146 - it will be memorable one way or another, and possibly on many levels... thumbs up

Thank you so much hairball, it will be a blast for sure. Very true words there, I don't know how my mood would have been if I'd been there last year and paid that amount for a ticket, after the great small shows the Stones did in 1995 and 2003 I think some of us really expected something different. I remember I actually wanted to go to that show as I still was in the US but there were no lucky Dips (except the super spontaneously released ones).

But I feel the same, I'm very excited for the show and I have a good feeling for a full set (and nice lucky Dips as there are no bad seats there).

Fingers crossed you can catch a few shows next year too, hopefully in the US

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-02 01:18 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 2, 2022 01:31

hockenheim95
angee
Why I think this show might be better than the Hollywood, FL in terms of set lists and length is (correct me if I'm mistaken) that this show was added earlier in the tour than the FL show which came more at the last minute.

You are! Both were announced around 6 weeks before!

Okay, thanks, hockenheim95. At least Mick and Ronnie will be closer to home after the show. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-02 01:33 by angee.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: August 2, 2022 01:37

I think tomorrow will be a slightly shorter set - 2h, instead of usual 2h10m... If they start sharply at 20.00 and have strict curfew at 22.00, they will have to remove at least one song - simple maths.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 2, 2022 01:48

Hoping they play It's Only Rock n'Roll, and if they're feeling truly fesity maybe a rambunctious version of All Down the Line.
As for rarities, now might be a good time for Criss Cross which I think they actually rehearsed, but maybe they couldn't tackle it properly?
Other than Ghost Town, they have nothing new to offer unfortunately, so gotta make the most of the past. Black Limousine or Waiting on a Friend would be nice.
Anyhow, so many options, but probably not a good time to get the hopes too high as they probably want to coast over the finish line. Fingers crossed for 19 songs.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 2, 2022 01:54

Criss Cross was rehearsed, it is on the Goldplate cd of Madrid as a bonus:

9. Rehearsal Jam / 10. Criss Cross / 11. Mother's Little Helper / 12. She's A Rainbow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-02 01:55 by GJV.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 2, 2022 02:08

Thanks for confirming GJV - a shame they didn't play it at any of the recent shows (yet) as it might have added a nice injection of something fresh and unexpected.
Out of Time has been great, but other than that there hasn't been anything else as far as being truly out of the ordinary. Unless maybe we count the shortened/abbreviated version of Can't You Hear Me Knocking?
Now might be a good time for Mick and Keith to dig deep and play something else out of left field. Even if it's some blues covers, surely they could come up with a surprise or two to make the grand finale extra special....

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 2, 2022 03:08

Happy.

Date: August 2, 2022 06:35

AntoineParis
dvd? Tickets?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 2, 2022 08:49

AntoineParis

well that is some exciting, cryptic sh-t there!grinning smiley

maybe they plan to stream or release the show right after

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 2, 2022 09:52

Can't imagine them professionally recording the show since it's gonna be a daylight show for the most part.

But I'd gladly be proven wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-02 09:54 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 2, 2022 10:49

Some of you people write pretentious crap I can't even believe again and again every time I read it

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 2, 2022 10:52

StonedRambler
Can't imagine them professionally recording the show since it's gonna be a daylight show for the most part.

But I'd gladly be proven wrong.

as was Hyde Park...but honestly I can't believe it too but we will see tomorrow!I would prefer a compilation with the best versions of each song picked from all concerts...

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 2, 2022 10:53

The thing with people who make venue rules is that they seldom consider the practicality of their rules from a gig-going fans' perspectives.

You are not allowed to bring food and drink (except on 0.5 open plastic bottles) into the venue. The explanation is that there are food and drink kiosks inside the venue.

What the rule-makers omitted to take into account is that fans in the Pit may risk losing their spot if they go to visit said refreshment kiosks.

If fans were able to bring light snacksinto the venue, it would have solved that problem. What are they supposed to do, starve?

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 2, 2022 11:02

GJV
Criss Cross was rehearsed, it is on the Goldplate cd of Madrid as a bonus:

9. Rehearsal Jam / 10. Criss Cross / 11. Mother's Little Helper / 12. She's A Rainbow

Pity they did not rehearse Scarlet instead of Criss Cross (though I'm glad they made that video, ha ha). Scarlet is a superior song.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: August 2, 2022 11:07

SonicDreamer
The thing with people who make venue rules is that they seldom consider the practicality of their rules from a gig-going fans' perspectives.

You are not allowed to bring food and drink (except on 0.5 open plastic bottles) into the venue. The explanation is that there are food and drink kiosks inside the venue.

What the rule-makers omitted to take into account is that fans in the Pit may risk losing their spot if they go to visit said refreshment kiosks.

If fans were able to bring light snacksinto the venue, it would have solved that problem. What are they supposed to do, starve?

Cheers,
SonicD
It is annoying to have to rely on the kiosks, but I've never had a problem going for refreshments while my friends held my spot for a moment. Of course, you don't want to do that 15 minutes before showtime anymore, but there's plenty of time prior to that.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 2, 2022 11:16

Does anyone know why there is no block J in Waldbühne? The blocks are HIKL. Just wondering

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 2, 2022 11:16

SonicDreamer

If fans were able to bring light snacksinto the venue, it would have solved that problem.

Maybe there'll be 'mobile sellers' with an 'beverage-backpack' coming near to your seat and selling beer & soda. In the past there was such a service in Berlin. Not sure about the Pit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-02 11:25 by Irix.

Date: August 2, 2022 11:21

StonedRambler

Does anyone know why there is no block J in Waldbühne?

Just a guess: there's no 'J' because it's difficult to distinguish in the dark from 'I'.

Date: August 2, 2022 11:35

Pizza & Pasta for Ronnie in Berlin - [www.BZ-Berlin.de] .

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 2, 2022 12:02

SonicDreamer

Cheers,
SonicD

well, some business people pay a lot of money for the permission to sell drinks and food inside the venue. It's called capitalism and the Stones are no charity organization.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 2, 2022 12:15

Sitting in the ICE to Berlin. See some of you at the Hafenbar tonight.

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: August 2, 2022 12:27

Flying in tonight and staying at the Spielturm hotel in Spandau 45 minutes from Waldbühne. Any parties in this area?

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: August 2, 2022 12:33

schwonek
Sitting in the ICE to Berlin. See some of you at the Hafenbar tonight.

Sitting in the ICE to Berlin too. See some of you at the Hafenbar tonight too.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: August 2, 2022 12:42

StonedRambler
Does anyone know why there is no block J in Waldbühne? The blocks are HIKL. Just wondering
I and J might look to similar, to avoid confusion

Date: August 2, 2022 12:53

Arrived and checked in. German efficiency still exist. At least in Berlin

Date: August 2, 2022 12:55

Weather forecast says 33°C (3pm-7pm) and 31°C-25°C (8pm-11pm) - [www.WetterOnline.de] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home