Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21
Re: Berlin Germany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:10

schwonek

Cool. We are allowed to take non alcoholic drink inside.

One 0.5 l beverage while it's 33°C .... how generously. grinning smiley

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()

schwonek

„MITNAHME ERLAUBT VON:
• Taschen / Rucksäcke bis „DIN A4“ (21,0 x 29,7 cm)
• Ein alkoholfreies Getränk pro Person bis 0,5-Liter-Gefäßgröße im Tetra Pak oder Plastikflasche (PET) ohne Deckel
• Sitzkissen und Decke (unter dem Arm > keine Einkaufstaschen)

Yeah, shopping bags are so dangerous! smiling bouncing smiley>grinning smiley<hot smiley

Cheers, SonicD

Security-advices for Berlin Waldbühne - [www.FKPScorpio.com] , [www.FKPScorpio.com] .

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:20

Irix
schwonek

If the warhorses don't get ya, the dehydration will!

Cheers, SonicD

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:29

Irix
Still FFP2 (N95) masks required in public transport - [www.Berlin.de] , [go.BVG.de] , [www.VBB.de] .

I was on the RE7 train from the airport in Berlin to the city center today (the Norwegian flight from Stockholm was packed wit Stones fans). Very few may be 1 out of 20 had FFP2 masks. One out of three did actually have a mask on, some sort of mask.

After 30-40 minutes, a train worker walked by and asked everyone to put their masks on. Then 95% had masks on. Some toom it off as soon as the train worker walked on. Sure some of these are tourists, but I do sense the same as I saw in Düsseldorf last week, and in Gelsenkirchen. There is a mask mandate, sure, but most people hate the mask, they put it on as they enter the train or the bus, whatever mask they have, some with FFP2. Then they have it low or under the mouth or any place or on their arm, until "The controller" is arriving.

Then on the U bahn sure there were masks on a lot more, not so many tourists. It took me almost two hours to get from the airport to my near Waldbühne hotel, not really easy travel, but now I am in paradise!

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:40

Irix
schwonek

When I was in Toronto for SarsStock in 2003, it was a lot more than 30+ all day, we arrived to the venue at noon or so, then we were told to drink one - 1 - water bottle per hour (0.5l). If the weather forecast for Berlin will hold for show day, i.e. +33C until show start, then somebody in show management have to stand up and save people from complete dehydration.

I had family at the show in Stockholm yesterday. They are not used to drinking two liter water on show day because you do not have access to water during the show. The roof was closed and it was boiling hot. They had drinking water taps near the pit but they run out of plastic cups before the show was half way. Are we supposed to carry our own cups or empty bottles? Same with Budapest when it was warm some years ago, they ran out of water before the show was on, and it was +35 c or more.

I just wonder how hard it is to arrange a show with real security water wise. They take away all our water bottles. They force us to walk in with no water. They may accept half a liter water, which may last for an hour...

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 21:44 by bv.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:48

Irix
hockenheim95

You can see this elevation here:

Also in the pictures here - [www.Waldbuehne-Berlin.de] .

I think the 'strange' elevation in the pit is a leftover from the original Waldbühne stage built in 1936:

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:56

It will be nice to have the final show in a semi-smallish venue without the giant wonky stage backdrop of the stadium shows.
Hope they professionally film and record it for a possible future release. thumbs up

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:58

The Worst.
Irix
hockenheim95

You can see this elevation here:

Also in the pictures here - [www.Waldbuehne-Berlin.de] .

I think the 'strange' elevation in the pit is a leftover from the original Waldbühne stage built in 1936:

Seeing it like that makes me think of the IORR back cover

Posted by: RockNStonesBR ()
Date: August 1, 2022 23:01

Irix
schwonek

I'm sure there will be plenty of water sources to refill our bottles thumbs up

Posted by: RockNStonesBR ()
Date: August 1, 2022 23:04

bv
Irix
Still FFP2 (N95) masks required in public transport - [www.Berlin.de] , [go.BVG.de] , [www.VBB.de] .

I was on the RE7 train from the airport in Berlin to the city center today (the Norwegian flight from Stockholm was packed wit Stones fans). Very few may be 1 out of 20 had FFP2 masks. One out of three did actually have a mask on, some sort of mask.

After 30-40 minutes, a train worker walked by and asked everyone to put their masks on. Then 95% had masks on. Some toom it off as soon as the train worker walked on. Sure some of these are tourists, but I do sense the same as I saw in Düsseldorf last week, and in Gelsenkirchen. There is a mask mandate, sure, but most people hate the mask, they put it on as they enter the train or the bus, whatever mask they have, some with FFP2. Then they have it low or under the mouth or any place or on their arm, until "The controller" is arriving.

Then on the U bahn sure there were masks on a lot more, not so many tourists. It took me almost two hours to get from the airport to my near Waldbühne hotel, not really easy travel, but now I am in paradise!

Enjoy your time, bv! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I'm arriving on concert day this time. Only way I could make this trip possible.
Hope I can finally meet you in person. We all owe you a big thank you for keeping iorr alive. Rock on

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 23:35

bv
Irix

I live in the south of Germany and go to work to Stuttgart by S-Bahn (Train). Literally everyone is wearing a mask there. Maybe one out of 30 doesn't wear one. And there are usually no people that control it on these trains. But Berlin it is likely different.

The Dernière 2022 - Berlin
Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: August 1, 2022 16:32

Hi guys,

since the Berlin gig on Wednesday is the Dernière of 2022,
do you expect anything special?
Songwise/showwise/jokewise etc

Cheerio from Berlin,
Florian

(I am in block K)

---
5 Strings, 2 Hands, 1 A*****e

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 16:37 by DeeGee.

Re: The Dernière 2022 - Berlin
Date: August 1, 2022 16:48

No

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 1, 2022 16:48

No

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 1, 2022 16:55

yes

they'll play all of satanic majesties with mick taylor and bill

then 14 tracks off the new albumgrinning smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 1, 2022 17:46

Surely they will play Mother's Little Helper since I'm not there.winking smiley Uh-oh, just read it will be hot like Lyon. Guess that means the "special" song slot is cut like in Gelsenkirchen. I hope they get around to it in South America or the USA. Come to think of it 2014 was also hot as hell. Good luck everyone going!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 17:55 by frankotero.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 1, 2022 17:56

It would be cool if they did The Last Time, but it would probably make some folks apoplectic.

Date: August 1, 2022 18:15

DeeGee

No Expectations.

Rather afraid of another Hard Rock (Hollywood, FL) 2021 with just 17 songs & average setlist - [iorr.org] .

Date: August 1, 2022 18:23

That Hard Rock show is just one big mystery. Maybe someone didn't feel well. They went from 19 shows to 18 and then 17 for the last two gigs. Very weird.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 18:30

Don't expect anything, possibly one surprise track they haven't played yet like OOC last night.

The venue and it being the final show of the tour make this special enough for me. Anything else would be a bonus.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 1, 2022 19:11

can't remember anything special at any of the last shows of any leg of the NoFilter tour

Date: August 1, 2022 19:11

The Ghost Hounds will open for The Stones so i guess the backing vocalists will join them as guests like the other shows thumbs up

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 1, 2022 19:19

DeeGee
Hi guys,

Songwise/showwise/jokewise etc

Cheerio from Berlin,
Florian

(I am in block K)

In a word ... NO !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 1, 2022 20:42

To me every Stones gig is special. So YES

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:53

At first I thought the Derniere had to be some opening act or musical

Date: August 1, 2022 23:50

RockNStonesBR

I'm sure there will be plenty of water sources to refill our bottles

There's nothing stated about that in the infos from Waldbühne or the local promoter and I've never seen such at Waldbühne. The food/drink-booths are on the very upper level and there're many, many steps to climb on the stairways from the tiers to the food/drink-booths. Probably there're also 'mobile sellers' with an 'beverage-backpack' coming to your seat and selling beer & soda.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-02 00:30 by Irix.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 1, 2022 23:56

DeeGee
Hi guys,

Jep, free hugs by Mick and Keith for every observer at the exit.

Posted by: MadMat ()
Date: August 2, 2022 00:06

As I am arriving late in Berlin (1800) -! Are the stones expected to start like before (2045) or any earlier?
Any information about this?

Date: August 2, 2022 00:09

MadMat
As I am arriving late in Berlin (1800) -! Are the stones expected to start like before (2045) or any earlier?
Any information about this?

They'll start at around 19.45 because there's a curfew at 10

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home