Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 17 of 21
Re: Berlin Germany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 1, 2022 12:14

This is a reminder about the 9 Euro ticket as sold by DB this summer:

With the 9-euro ticket you can use all means of public transport (such as RB, RE, subway, S-Bahn, bus, tram) throughout Germany in the months of June, July and August. The ticket is valid for the calendar month of it's purchase. The ticket is not valid for IC, ICE, EC.

Se the DB link:

9-Euro-Ticket (bahn.de)

Bjornulf

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 1, 2022 12:20

Still FFP2 (N95) masks required in public transport - [www.Berlin.de] , [go.BVG.de] , [www.VBB.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 13:00 by Irix.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: August 1, 2022 12:29

Irix
Still FFP2 (N95) masks required in public transport - [www.Berlin.de] , [go.BVG.de] .

Thanks for the link. It reads that the mask is compulsory for public transport staff only. Not travellers?

Date: August 1, 2022 12:35

thunderball

It reads that the mask is compulsory for public transport staff only. Not travellers?

No, you read that wrong. FFP2-Masks are also required for travellers. Here's the English version - [www.Berlin.de] , [www.BVG.de] - ("Please wear an FFP2 mask at all times").

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 12:40 by Irix.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 1, 2022 12:49

Irix
thunderball

It reads that the mask is compulsory for public transport staff only. Not travellers?

No, you read that wrong. FFP2-Masks are also required for travellers. Here's the English version - [www.Berlin.de] , [www.BVG.de] - ("Please wear an FFP2 mask at all times").

wearing masks is mandatory in all public transport in Germany. There are no exceptions!

Date: August 1, 2022 12:55

slewan

wearing masks is mandatory in all public transport in Germany. There are no exceptions!

But some other German federal states allow medical masks instead of FFP2 - which is more bearable at 33°C.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 1, 2022 13:00

Irix
slewan

But some other German federal states allow medical masks instead of FFP2 - which is more bearable at 33°C.

So take both with you and see what happens.

Date: August 1, 2022 13:05

bertrichards

So take both with you and see what happens.

€50 fine w/o FFP2 - [go.BVG.de] .

Date: August 1, 2022 13:20

I would like to warn everybody bout the weird evelation before the stage. If you are on it it's great, if you are not you will be obstructed by those who are.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 13:41

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I would like to warn everybody bout the weird evelation before the stage. If you are on it it's great, if you are not you will be obstructed by those who are.

You can see this elevation here:

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 1, 2022 13:47

Stonesfan2146
Hairball
It was in reference to only two days between Stockholm and Berlin, and not to any specific venue or capacity.
Every other show this summer has had at least three days in between, so cutting it to two days at this point might be testing their limits.
Hoping for at least 18 songs, but could possibly be less (hope not)- best case scenario it will be a full 19 songs.

That's true, but you can see them doing this with some tours in the past years, check out for example Europe 2014, they usually did 2 days breaks during that tour, but the break between the last two shows was only one day (also the last time they did two shows in 3 days).

But you are right, last year we all got a little dissapointed set-list wise with the last show. I expected 18 but certainly not 17 - the least they have done in a public show (excluding their surprise gigs) since their comeback 1989, even the club gigs 2003 had more songs (usually 18). As I will be there too, I'm hoping this will be a setlist to remember, but oh well, I know the performance will be fantastic anyways winking smiley

Still remember Berlin 2014, my first show ever, with Waiting On A Friend, and now back in the Waldbühne for show #20 haha

Most theatre gigs in 2003 had 20 songs. Astoria only got 19. Paris got 22.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 13:48 by MadMax.

Date: August 1, 2022 13:52

MadMax

Hard Rock (Hollywood, FL) 23-Nov-2021 had only 17 songs - [iorr.org] .

Date: August 1, 2022 13:52

hockenheim95

You can see this elevation here:

Also in the pictures here - [www.Waldbuehne-Berlin.de] .

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: August 1, 2022 14:12

When being at the shows, the number of songs being played isn't important for me and during the concerts I do not count them. There is a strict curfew im Berlin; if they only do 18 songs I hope this doesn't take away from your enjoyment of the show at this great venue at the very end of what, imho, has been a fantastic tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 14:14 by Papo.

Date: August 1, 2022 14:22

Papo
When being at the shows, the number of songs being played isn't important for me and during the concerts I do not count them. There is a strict curfew im Berlin; if they only do 18 songs I hope this doesn't take away from your enjoyment of the show at this great venue at the very end of what, imho, has been a fantastic tour.

I don't mind if they cut off half of the hits. But the should kept all the surprise slots

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: August 1, 2022 14:45

Weather forecast for Berlin suggest the concert will be as hot as Lyon around show time. Thankfully there's a lot of shadow at Waldbühne.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 1, 2022 14:51

I can tell you why they only did 18 songs they knew they'd have to drive all the way back to Düsseldorf

Date: August 1, 2022 15:00

The Worst.

Weather forecast for Berlin suggest the concert will be as hot as Lyon around show time.

Berlin probably 31°C-28°C (8-10pm) while it was 34°C-30°C (9-11pm) in Lyon. The felt temperatures can be different.

Posted by: RockNStonesBR ()
Date: August 1, 2022 17:23

I also hope they keep all the surprise slots. Smaller venue, packed with die-hard fans like us, from all over the world. But I'm well aware it's more likely to be another Hollywood-FL style set..

Anyway it will be a night to remember. As usual, the greatest possible place and time to be on Earth. Seeing the Stones!
That will be my 14th, in 9 different countries, since Rio'98 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

See you guys on Wednesday! smileys with beer

Posted by: RockNStonesBR ()
Date: August 1, 2022 17:29

A nice, complete report on the riots at the Waldbuhne performance in 1965. And all the build up to their arrival in Berlin at that time:
[journals.openedition.org]
Stones at the Waldbuhne 1965

Date: August 1, 2022 18:20

The Worst.
Weather forecast for Berlin suggest the concert will be as hot as Lyon around show time. Thankfully there's a lot of shadow at Waldbühne.

the sun's going to set behind the stage. So the whole audience will be sun burned before sunset

Date: August 1, 2022 18:25

The Stones were landed in Berlin, 1-Aug-2022, 17:45 (CEST) at BER-Airport - [www.BZ-Berlin.de] :

[www.Flightradar24.com]

The parked RS-plane can be seen best from the Bundesstraße B96a, near the S-Bahn-Station Waßmannsdorf. It might be that the RS-plane has still no RS-logo/lettering on the right side (starboard).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-02 11:40 by Irix.

Date: August 1, 2022 18:27

Packing my last things and will leave for Berlin early. Looking forward to enjoy the city, relax and see the last show of this great tour.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: August 1, 2022 18:27

slewan
The Worst.

the sun's going to set behind the stage. So the whole audience will be sun burned before sunset

Yes, I could have been clearer, but I was actually thinking about the well being of Mick and the band - not the crowd.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 1, 2022 19:09

So, if you have a Pit ticket, what is the optimal spot to choose? I'm 187 cm so it should be less of an issue. For a good view, is it best to stand further back in the pit or not? I have early entry as well. Thanks.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: August 1, 2022 19:11

SonicDreamer

So, if you have a Pit ticket, what is the optimal spot to choose?

Mind the step in front of the stage - [iorr.org] .

Date: August 1, 2022 19:13

SonicDreamer
So, if you have a Pit ticket, what is the optimal spot to choose? I'm 187 cm so it should be less of an issue. For a good view, is it best to stand further back in the pit or not? I have early entry as well. Thanks.

Cheers,
SonicD

just don't stand in front of me winking smiley

beside that: the closer to the rail the less will you see

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: August 1, 2022 19:36

You will have a good view from the „cheaper“ places in the pit at the Waldbühne. And a shorter walk for a beer etc.smileys with beer

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 1, 2022 20:48

Cool. We are allowed to take non alcoholic drink inside.

„MITNAHME ERLAUBT VON:
• Taschen / Rucksäcke bis „DIN A4“ (21,0 x 29,7 cm)
• Ein alkoholfreies Getränk pro Person bis 0,5-Liter-Gefäßgröße im Tetra Pak oder Plastikflasche (PET) ohne Deckel
• Sitzkissen und Decke (unter dem Arm > keine Einkaufstaschen)

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 1, 2022 21:06

Irix
MadMax

Hard Rock (Hollywood, FL) 23-Nov-2021 had only 17 songs - [iorr.org] .

Yeah, I was commenting on SF2146's comment about the 2003 tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 21:06 by MadMax.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 17 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home