Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 16 of 21
Re: Berlin Germany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 29, 2022 21:00

Stonesfan2146
schwonek
PaintMonkeyManBlack
So now it's 16.30 gates open. 18.30 warmup band. 19.00 ready. Stones 19.45 - 21.45 maybe?

Yes. Maybe. Last time was 20:30 to 22:45 showtime.

I don't expect it to start earlier than 20:30 due to too much daylight.

I saw Nick Cave there the other day. Most of the show took place in broad daylight, an unusual backdrop for his songs.

Date: July 29, 2022 21:43

Edinburgh 2018 and sint petersburgh 2007 vibes then

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 29, 2022 21:50

Security-advices for Berlin Waldbühne now on the RS' webpage of [www.FKPScorpio.com] , [www.FKPScorpio.com] .

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 29, 2022 22:13

In 2014 the Stones took stage at 8:35pm and the show ended at 10:45pm

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: July 29, 2022 22:14

DeanGoodman
Stonesfan2146
schwonek
PaintMonkeyManBlack
So now it's 16.30 gates open. 18.30 warmup band. 19.00 ready. Stones 19.45 - 21.45 maybe?

Yes. Maybe. Last time was 20:30 to 22:45 showtime.

I don't expect it to start earlier than 20:30 due to too much daylight.

I saw Nick Cave there the other day. Most of the show took place in broad daylight, an unusual backdrop for his songs.
A Berlin friend told me that the Berlin Cultural Senate can (but does not have to) grant an exception to the actually strict new curfew for "events of importance". That could be the case at the Stones concert.

I'm also thinking of a start time for the Stones between 8pm - 8.30pm is realistic, but can also be different, who knows winking smiley

Date: July 30, 2022 11:35

Nankstone

A Berlin friend told me that the Berlin Cultural Senate can (but does not have to) grant an exception to the actually strict new curfew for "events of importance".

Probably equal law for everyone - if the Stones get an exception then other artists wanna have it too ("Why they but not we?"). The article in [www.Berliner-Zeitung.de] doesn't give much hope for an exception. Strict curfew 22:00.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 30, 2022 12:43

Dussmann , Berlin

Free poster in the store ,

and you can win two tickets here ;
( contest only for people in Germany )

[www.kulturkaufhaus.de]

Date: July 31, 2022 17:32

only two days between Stockholm and Berlin… will this have any effects?

Date: July 31, 2022 17:46

slewan

Date: July 31, 2022 18:01

PaintMonkeyManBlack
slewan

Monday + Tuesday = 2 days

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 31, 2022 20:52

slewan
Not as much as the predicted temperature of 33 Celsius, I reckon.

Question: are we supposed to simply write our names on the tickets? And will they actually cross-check this with IDs. Not a problem if so, just wondering what the procedure is.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: July 31, 2022 21:48

Hi I have a question for everyone who knows Berlin. I am coming with a friend just for the concert, afterwards we will have to wait for the train to Poland until almost 6am. Do you know of any reasonably safe place where we can sit down and wait these hours?

Or any reasonably nice place near the HBF station (is there any waiting room?) where we can just sit out these few hours? Any help will be appreciate!

Posted by: WalterBill ()
Date: July 31, 2022 22:02

Schwarzes Cafe ... it`s near train station "zoo" (U2 from Olympia-stadium to "zoo")
[www.schwarzescafe-berlin.de]

It`s open 24h and I was there after Nick Cave concert at Waldbühne this year

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 31, 2022 22:13

slewan

Maybe a 16 or 17 song setlist for Berlin?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 31, 2022 22:38

At least 18. Stockholm 19 today. This is not Miami 5000 people venue, this is the Waldbühne 22,000 capacity

Date: July 31, 2022 22:57

It was in reference to only two days between Stockholm and Berlin, and not to any specific venue or capacity.
Every other show this summer has had at least three days in between, so cutting it to two days at this point might be testing their limits.
Hoping for at least 18 songs, but could possibly be less (hope not)- best case scenario it will be a full 19 songs.

Date: July 31, 2022 23:25

KeVvV2011

Question: are we supposed to simply write our names on the tickets?

Simply write your name on the ticket - it does no harm.

If you have an €9-Ticket for public transport, you have to write your name on the ticket - otherwise it's invalid and there were ticket-controllers who cross-checked the stated name with the ID-Card.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 31, 2022 23:52

Thanks so much Irix!

@Hairball: I'd be surprised if having one day less between the shows will do harm, especially with this being the last of the tour - no need to conserve energy for anything after Wednesday night!

Date: July 31, 2022 23:57

Fingers crossed and hoping for the very best KeVvV2011 - thumbs up - could be the last time....

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: August 1, 2022 00:47

Be careful with schwarzes cafe, i wanted to stay there after the Weissensee show 1990, and had to learn that it had to close for cleaning up that very night...

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 1, 2022 00:59

Hairball
It was in reference to only two days between Stockholm and Berlin, and not to any specific venue or capacity.
Every other show this summer has had at least three days in between, so cutting it to two days at this point might be testing their limits.
Hoping for at least 18 songs, but could possibly be less (hope not)- best case scenario it will be a full 19 songs.

That's true, but you can see them doing this with some tours in the past years, check out for example Europe 2014, they usually did 2 days breaks during that tour, but the break between the last two shows was only one day (also the last time they did two shows in 3 days).

But you are right, last year we all got a little dissapointed set-list wise with the last show. I expected 18 but certainly not 17 - the least they have done in a public show (excluding their surprise gigs) since their comeback 1989, even the club gigs 2003 had more songs (usually 18). As I will be there too, I'm hoping this will be a setlist to remember, but oh well, I know the performance will be fantastic anyways winking smiley

Still remember Berlin 2014, my first show ever, with Waiting On A Friend, and now back in the Waldbühne for show #20 haha

Date: August 1, 2022 03:57

Stonesfan2146
Hairball

That's true, but you can see them doing this with some tours in the past years, check out for example Europe 2014, they usually did 2 days breaks during that tour, but the break between the last two shows was only one day (also the last time they did two shows in 3 days).

But you are right, last year we all got a little dissapointed set-list wise with the last show. I expected 18 but certainly not 17 - the least they have done in a public show (excluding their surprise gigs) since their comeback 1989, even the club gigs 2003 had more songs (usually 18). As I will be there too, I'm hoping this will be a setlist to remember, but oh well, I know the performance will be fantastic anyways winking smiley

Still remember Berlin 2014, my first show ever, with Waiting On A Friend, and now back in the Waldbühne for show #20 haha

It wasn't only the shortened setlist, but the lack of any rarities or real surprises.
I know quite a few people that attended who were disappointed and felt almost personally insulted after paying such a hefty price for the privilege of attending that "grand finale" show.
What could have been one for the ages, turned out to be an unsatisfactory/unmemorable experience for many. In contrast, the club/theater shows from 2002/2003 were all unique and memorable.
I was lucky to attend a few of those small shows, and realize it's impossible to turn back the clock, but it could have taken just a little extra effort to make that Hard Rock show the icing on the cake of the 2021 shows.
Instead, it was quite anticlimactic (to put it mildly), and as Dean Goodman stated: "It's the sinking feeling that sets in after about five songs when you realize the Stones just don't care. They couldn't be bothered working up any rarities ...It was just another night, with a skimpy set list of 17 songs delivered". Full review -> Hollywood FL

Hopefully this upcoming show at Waldbühne doesn't suffer from the same problems as the Hard Rock did, and doubt it will - I have a good feeling they really want to end this run of shows on a very high note.
With a capcity of apprx. 22,000 it's similar to the size of the Hollywood Bowl, and also built similarly in to a hillside. I saw two Stones shows at the H.Bowl in 2005, and they rank amongst some of the best shows I've seen.
I imagine the fine atmosphere of the venue will play a big part in what will hopefully result in a show for the ages, and when all is said and done it could be the last time...hopefully not, but..........

Whatever the case, have a great time Stonesfan2146 - it will be memorable one way or another, and possibly on many levels... thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 04:00 by Hairball.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:32

So - what kind of poster can we expect? Maybe something related to the Waldbühne this time? A tongue sticking out of the Waldbühne?

Last posters I found:

Date: August 1, 2022 11:45

zgredzik

Do you know of any reasonably safe place where we can sit down and wait these hours?

McDonalds in the train-station Alexanderplatz is open 24/7 - [www.McDonalds.com] . Same with McDonalds in the train-station Ostkreuz (Sonntagstraße 37) - open 24hrs (except Mondays) and it has more seats.

Schwarzes Cafe (Kantstraße 148, near Zoo-Station) is only open 8:00am-3:00am - [www.SchwarzesCafe-Berlin.de] .

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:47

schwonek
So - what kind of poster can we expect?
Here you are: [therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

Date: August 1, 2022 11:49

bertrichards
schwonek

very bad design!

(so I will have been to 7 shows this tour without buying a single poster or T-Shirt)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 11:49 by slewan.

Date: August 1, 2022 11:50

Official Berlin T-Shirt & Poster:

[TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk]

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 1, 2022 11:52

slewan
bertrichards
schwonek

very bad design!

(so I will have been to 7 shows this tour without buying a single poster or T-Shirt)
I'd say the worst of all. I really liked Madrid, Munich, Liverpool, Paris and Gelsenkirchen.

Date: August 1, 2022 11:54

bertrichards
slewan
bertrichards
schwonek

very bad design!

I'd say the worst of all. I really liked Madrid, Munich, Liverpool, Paris and Gelsenkirchen.

comparing Berlin 2022 to Berlin 2018 clearly shows the decline in design concepts

Paris and Madrid were good ones. Munich, Liverpool and Gelsenkirchen – very simple ideas, nothing like in 2017/18

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-01 11:56 by slewan.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 1, 2022 12:03

Good thing I already have a Waldbühne shirt

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 16 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home